FIFA13: Ultimate Team

OB

Getting Sczesny as keeper. Suggest me a good striker, and valuable subs. Cisse(QPR) for striker? Berba? Giroud? I can spend 4-5k on him, and another 4-5k on subs.
Or tell me another player who i should get. I have around 11-12k, and need a striker and subs. I can get a cheap striker, and a good player in another position, so suggest away.

Edit - Its fecking driving me nuts, that there are 2 gold players in my trade pile, whom i cant auction, nor send them to club. It just shows the auction has expired, and no option to do anything with them. So irritating.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Omar, you should really think about going for a different league than PL at tjis stage. It's just so dear! Fabio going for 1.5k and such is ridiculous, when you can get a better player from a league like Serie A for much cheaper.

Leg-End

You can do a decent PL/Serie A/La Liga combo if you mix the nationalties.

OB

Yeah but i don't know many of the SerieA players and stuff, so i wouldn't do well in buying players from there. Plus my team's done, except for subs(which i have 9k for).

I know the prices are a bit ridiculous, but still if you wait, you can get a bargain.

BD

That's what I'm going for. Having Nani, but not enough coins to build a full PL squad, I'm forced to mix. I like doing that though.

BD

Yeah but i don't know many of the SerieA players and stuff, so i wouldn't do well in buying players from there. Plus my team's done, except for subs(which i have 9k for).

I know the prices are a bit ridiculous, but still if you wait, you can get a bargain.
Doesn't the fact that they aren't in their right formation annoy you too? Nice team though, I like the look of it, except for Downing!

Leg-End

I try not to buy anyone out of the formation I use unless I plan to shift them later on, I've a couple of those but I paid over the odds on a couple of players purely because I want them in my 4-3-3 going forward. I'm hoping my Fletcher - Carrick combo is gonna provide me a solid base to start on, ultimate goal will be to snag a Yaya.

Leg-End

I just spent my last 500 coins on the former beast Manucho, because why the hell not?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Just pre-ordered the game. Should have it by tomorrow or latest by Wednesday morning. This is the first time I will trying out the UT and receiving the so called 'gold packs'. I need help with those. Can I PM someone who has been doing this for a few years now so you can help me out?

BD

Why not just post the questions in here? There'll be plenty of people here to answer.

Leg-End

Figured some of the player prices are gonna sky rocket over the next few days, for some of the higher rated players anyway so I built my actual first squad of players tonight. Went with Serie A, prices on the whole are pretty reasonable when compared with BPL and La Liga, also gives me plenty of room for improvement which is key to keeping my UT interest.

I also grabbed a Kagawa fairly cheap in order to turn a sweet profit on come release, you just know people are gonna go mental over Man Utd players and particularly new signings.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Still waiting for my trial to download fully :(

Brought a few players with the coins I've amassed on the web app.

Currently got : Julio Cesar, Sagna, Luiz, Vertonghen.

Plus Sczesney as a back up keeper, should get a few packs when I get on the console version.

BD

What's you team looking like Legend? I too have a serie A team(with Nani), but it's quite low budget, apart from Cassano. Loved Cassano in last years UT, so had to get him now while his price was low. Looking forward to selling Nani and getting maybe 30k.

Leg-End

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Prices are probably going to shoot up like crazy once the game comes out... Valencia is now going for over 13k, and I got him for 3.6k and sold him for 5k just a few days ago. If only I held on for just a bit longer...

Baxter

I have 23k with no players. Any sound investments to make now and flog on release?

bosnian_red

Managed to sneak Carrick for 500 coins, and 3 more for 800 coins, and Cleverley for 900 coins just before the servers went down for two hours :D (that is I'm relying the time left to keep going on the auction even though nobody can bid for the cards)

Leg-End

I have 23k with no players. Any sound investments to make now and flog on release?
Depends if you have a team sorted or not, I mean if you have a solid team already then look for the pacey players or the 5 * skills.

But if you don't, invest for yourself now because although you might make profits on the players you buy now, the prices for the best players are going to rise anyway so you won't end up any better off.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I'm not arsed with UT, so I just threw Tchite up for sale, bid of 2,000 on as it stands. Silver card, 74 rating, 91 pace. He plays for Brugge, I dunno if this interests people at all?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I'm not arsed with UT, so I just threw Tchite up for sale, bid of 2,000 on as it stands. Silver card, 74 rating, 91 pace. He plays for Brugge, I dunno if this interests people at all?
Ooooh it's up to 3100 now, this is addictive.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
5800 in the end, bidding war at the end.

AttackingFlair

I just bought someone and he's disappeared off my watch list :s my other deals have been done and expired but it says "completing" and has done for the last couple of hours

bosnian_red

Got almost 15k saved up now, with plenty of players still in my trade pile. If all goes to plan, I should get around 45k more from all my players and contracts being sold (rafaelx2, cleverleyx2, valencia, and a few others). This is much easier to get money once the game is actually released, although, I was quite lucky that I got Valencia in my pack for having it pre-ordered.

Is there an iPad app for this?
They're making one, not sure when it will be out. I think they said sometime around the week of release, so either this week or next week.

ashy7

For those who have the game now, how much are the FIFA points? Do they work out cheaper than buying with Microsoft/PlayStation points?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just got Hernandez and Papiss Cisse in one gold pack. Thomas Muller in another.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Now just got Bale :)

My team:

Lindegaard
Piszczek - Skrtel - Vermaelen - Alex Sandro
Diaby - Carrick - Montolivo
Muller - Hernandez - Bale

Bench: Badstuber, Ronaldhinho, Sissoko, Shaqiri, De Bruyne, Cisse, Gomis.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Bought some fifa points earlier for packs, went to buy some more and it didn't work. Turns out my bank stopped my card as they thought it was fraud (WTF) anyways they phoned me, I confirmed it was me.... card still doesn't work. FFS

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just beat some guy 9 - 0. Hernandez got 7 of them.

Sw33t

So is FIFA points a better or cheaper way to get packs then? Instead of MSP?

Levo

Band of Brothers
What would you say seems the most effective formation on this? Not played it yet as still building my team but would like some input so I know whether to buy CM's or wingers etc.