FIFA13: Ultimate Team

Levo

Band of Brothers
Am I right in thinking that the in-form players become more valuable once you can't get them in packs. So when the new in forms come out the older ones become more valuable?

Got an in-form Koscielny out of a pack and was wondering whether to sell him now or wait until the new set comes out.

gaz1185

Am I right in thinking that the in-form players become more valuable once you can't get them in packs. So when the new in forms come out the older ones become more valuable?

Got an in-form Koscielny out of a pack and was wondering whether to sell him now or wait until the new set comes out.
IMO, sell him now while everybody wants him. The in-form players are usually the 'ones to have' the week they are out.

Or you could keep a hold of him and wait for a certain tournament to appear like a prem only or all french team, then his value will sky rocket again because people will be after those cards for comps.

OB

But if you wait for long, and then there's another IF card of him, his old price will go down. But then if you wait for long, and there's no other inform card of him, his price would just go higher, as you have an exclusive card. Your choice.

Levo

Band of Brothers
He's going for around 25-40k at the moment, will stick him up for 30k and see what happens.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Would someone care to explain why I still can't get on the FUT web app? I'm still being asked to set a security question, despite the game being officially released. When will this be up?
Have you been on Ultimate team on the PS3?

Levo

Band of Brothers
No, but I am on xbox. But is that the 'qualifying condition' for it then? You have to have played the game on console before accessing the web app, unless you set the security question (which I did not) on Fifa 12?
I think so, when I first logged onto the PS3 one it asked me to setup a security question and answer and said this would be used for the first time you go on the web app.

So it should be the same for you, once you've gone on the console version it should let you do the setup for the web version.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Opened three packs, got Silva, Podolski and Puyol all in a row...probably the three best players i've ever pulled and all at the same time :lol:
In last 5 packs i got quite a batch as well :lol:

Started with Torres and then Balotelli, Benzema and now De Rossi. Torres, Balo and Benzema were all 41212 as well!

Levo

Band of Brothers
Sold IF Koscielny for 35,250 so happy with that, got around 70k coins with another 5-10 sitting in the trade pile. Will look to complete my BPL team when they've sold.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
4-3-3 by the way. Put a CF in the striker role and it is amazing. The two wingers act like forwards so your CF can just ping the ball to them and put them through on goal. Totti looks very good this year too, low pace but doesn't really matter in this formation, its all about the wingers.

Liam147

On Probation
Quick question:

Are people experiencing a lot of glitches with this? My brother's had an absolute tonne and he's getting quite panicky about it.

Had one where he was on -842,xxx,xxx coins.

Had something where he has players in his squad, and then his coins seem to go red and he gets told he's been outbid on them, yet he can use them for matches?

Just general things going funny for him.

LARulz

Is it possible to play manual matches yet on this? (as in filter players). I played 2 games and I did I kept shooting, lobs, crosses and through balls manual but the rest assisted.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ultimate team asks me to set a security question every single fecking time I load it up.

Zen86

Bought it today. Got a nippy little South Korean team and I've been ripping opponents to shreds 9-0 all afternoon

Leg-End

Bolstered my defence with Ogbonna based on a few recommendations I read, he is very good.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Got my provisional Ultimate Team sorted.

-------------Julio Cesar--------------
Sagna----Luiz------Vertonghen---Evra
-------------------------------------
----Wilshere----Dembele----Sahin----
--Walcott-----------------Gervinho--
---------------Adebayor-------------

Looking to improve the centre backs when possible as well as having a proper CDM so I can drop Sahin, when possible I'll buy some back ups for the wingers.

nooshka

Got my provisional Ultimate Team sorted.

-------------Julio Cesar--------------
Sagna----Luiz------Vertonghen---Evra
-------------------------------------
----Wilshere----Dembele----Sahin----
--Walcott-----------------Gervinho--
---------------Adebayor-------------

Looking to improve the centre backs when possible as well as having a proper CDM so I can drop Sahin, when possible I'll buy some back ups for the wingers.
Thats a good team especially as Premier league players are so expensive, i'm lining up like this

--------------Courtois--------------
Arbeloa---Carvalho---Varane---Abidal
------Essien---Banega---Emre-------
-Sanchez------Llorente------Muniain-

Saving up for Pique as Varane is a bit shit.

An Irish Red

Lewandowski and Ivanovic were the highlights of the packs I got. From there I've created this team for the time being;

Iraizoz
Iraola Varane Ekiza Castillo
Herrera Itturaspe
Susaeta Thiago Muniain
Callejon​

Should do alright for now. Only have about sixteen thousand coins so there'll be no big purchases for the time being. Ultimate team never gives me a top player to get me started, I'm cursed.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Thats a good team especially as Premier league players are so expensive, i'm lining up like this

--------------Courtois--------------
Arbeloa---Carvalho---Varane---Abidal
------Essien---Banega---Emre-------
-Sanchez------Llorente------Muniain-

Saving up for Pique as Varane is a bit shit.
Bought a few packs to get me started and get the base of the team and luckily got a IF Koscielny which got me 35k. Hoping the prices drop down sometime soon as need a better striker and would love Yaya Toure but he's 50-60k at the moment.

Your team seems solid, plenty of pace on the wings and good midfielders. Maybe swap Essien & Banega around?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Can anyone recommend a nice home kit? Just brought the United away kit and got the United badge along with Old Trafford, not a big fan of the home shirt though.

An Irish Red

Every year I get screwed over with packs and end up having to wheel and deal my way to a good team. I always get ridiculously self confident and take mental gambles that bankrupt me in the end. I've just signed 20+ Darren Fletchers.....

It better not happen again. Wouldn't have this problem if I would get given a top player for once.

Leg-End

Yeah pack luck is infuriating, I'm not opening anything this year.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Started my ultimate team yesterday, opened up the packs I got (I had 3 packs given to me, something to do with Fifa 12) and now cant get on the web app, have to reset my security question every time I go onto ultimate team on the PS3 :mad:

Leg-End

Think I'm gonna blow my current team up, 4-2-2-2 is just leaving me wide open against the high pace teams. Luckily I made most of my team before the game released so I'm gonna profit on most players anyway.

Should be fun anyway.

ashy7

Think I'm gonna blow my current team up, 4-2-2-2 is just leaving me wide open against the high pace teams. Luckily I made most of my team before the game released so I'm gonna profit on most players anyway.

Should be fun anyway.
What formation are you going to go for? I've been using a 352 this year, which has worked quite well. Been lucky with the packs this year - had a La Liga team but wasn't that impressed. Sold them off and made a pretty decent premier league team.

Leg-End

I actually might try 3-5-2, read its pretty good for defense and possession control?

ashy7

I actually might try 3-5-2, read its pretty good for defense and possession control?
Yep - think it's defensively better than 4 at the back as your three CB's sit and defend. The two DMs pretty much play as defenders anyway and there' less space between all the players so better to knock the ball around.