Film Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 6)

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
How many cities do you want?
Hey the peasants got the top spot!

What a film that is.
I know it won awards but I'm gutted that it didn't become a massive hit. I was tempted to put in the Rom-Com section but it really is more than that, it's really the 21st century life(For some reason films about people in their 30’s worried about how aimless their lives might become really hits for some reason :nervous:)that ending is perfect in every single way,

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Did no one else enjoy This Is England or Glengarry Glen Ross? Two of my favourite films and only I voted for them :wenger:

Oldyella

Good Will Hunting
American History X
The Social Network
City of God
The Big Short

Charles Miller

Too tired to read everything and check whats going on so Star Wars for all categories and Star Wars: Ewok Adventures.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
For adults:
Godfather
Goodfellas
One Flew Over The Cukoos Nest
Cool Hand Luke
On The Waterfront

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Did no one else enjoy This Is England or Glengarry Glen Ross? Two of my favourite films and only I voted for them :wenger:
I’ve always liked the tv series(This Is England 86) more tbh and Dead Man Shoes is my favourite Shane Meadows film.

Although that’s not to say This is England is bad, it’s brilliant.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Don't think I've seen the former but the latter is amazing. Can pick only 5 though; I did say at the start that Drama contains a disproportionate number of awesome movies! ;)

sallycinnamin

1 One flew over the cuckoo's nest
2 Awakenings
3 In the name of the father
4 The accused
5 The wind that shakes the barley.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
1. There will be blood
2. The Shawshank redemption
3. Calvary
4. Stand by me
5. One flew over the cuckoos nest

Last edited:

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
People. The Godfather already made it. Dont waste your vote.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
1. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
2. The Lives of Others
3. 12 Angry Men
4. Shawshank Redemption
5. Good Will Hunting

Corey

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. Room
3. Boyhood
4. Parasite
5. Thirteen Lives

Strongest round by far in my opinion.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
1. Shawshank
2. Parasite
3. Memento
4. Stand by me
5. Good Will Hunting

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
  1. Boyhood
  2. Rashomon
  3. Whiplash
  4. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
  5. Mommy

GueRed

1. Schindler's List
2. Downfall
3. Rocky
4. Forrest Gump
5. There Will Be Blood

RedPed

Whatabouter.
1. The Green Mile
2. Birth
3. Nymphomaniac I & II
4. The House That Jack Built
5. Dancer In The Dark

Corey

I thought the acting was very good in Glengarry Glen Ross but I found the plot so boring that I gave it a 4/10. You can't out-act a bad plot in my opinion.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I thought the acting was very good in Glengarry Glen Ross but I found the plot so boring that I gave it a 4/10. You can't out-act a bad plot in my opinion.
I thought it worked as a perfect snapshot into the lives of salesmen in a highly pressured situation.

Cole9

1. Memento
2. American Beauty
3. Parasite
4. Good Will Hunting
5. The Shawshank Redemption

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm a little surprised that were two days away from deadline and not that many votes compared to the other rounds. Thought drama was going to be the heaviest scoring round personally.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Can someone tell me what is so great about Shawshank Redemption? I mean it's a decent film but nothing memorable and nowhere near as good as a lot of stuff out there.

Spoony

The People's President
Can someone tell me what is so great about Shawshank Redemption? I mean it's a decent film but nothing memorable and nowhere near as good as a lot of stuff out there.
Easy watch, fairly tense...perhaps? But yeah it's nowt special.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I get what you're saying, if you were expecting an ambitious story, you'd end up disappointed but it's not that type of film. It's based on a play, so the drama comes from the characters and themes rather than plot. There's a lot going on but it's not in your face. For what it's worth I thought it was a great adaptation of a brilliant play.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
The writing and the acting alone should be enough to warrant a high spot. But the film has a lot of depth too!

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
It’s one of the few good films that is popular. For a decent amount of people, its Shawshank Redemption and The Godfather, followed by 150 Kevin Heart comedies.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I get what you're saying, if you were expecting an ambitious story, you'd end up disappointed but it's not that type of film. It's based on a play, so the drama comes from the characters and themes rather than plot. There's a lot going on but it's not in your face. For what it's worth I thought it was a great adaptation of a brilliant play.
I love the power shift in the scene between Spacey and Lemon post robbery. It's fecking brilliant.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The writing and the acting alone should be enough to warrant a high spot. But the film has a lot of depth too!

Thanks for that. I'll watch the video fully later. I get all that but there are just so many films done better. Just intrigued as to why so many people rate it so highly. It's all about opinions I suppose.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I love the power shift in the scene between Spacey and Lemon post robbery. It's fecking brilliant.
Yeah, there's a big focus on power dynamics isn't there? That scene was one of the best. Jack Lemon was superb. They all were. And the dialogue is fantastic.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
1. Shawshank redemption
2. Forest Gump
3. One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
4. Stand by Me
5. American Beauty

Corey

I thought it worked as a perfect snapshot into the lives of salesmen in a highly pressured situation.

I didn't realise it was an adaptation of a play, that makes sense.
And yeah I reckon it's a good snapshot into the lives of salesmen, I guess that's just not something that particularly interested me. Despite the excellent cast.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I didn't realise it was an adaptation of a play, that makes sense.
And yeah I reckon it's a good snapshot into the lives of salesmen, I guess that's just not something that particularly interested me. Despite the excellent cast.
It's written by David Mamet, hence the amazing dialogue.