Gaming Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)

BristolRuss

So edgy, rating stuff out of 40. 39 seems good though
Their review systems involves 4 reviewers each giving a score out of 10, which is then totaled. If you look at the 29 games they have given perfect scores only 3 games were not made by Japanese studios (Skyrim, GTA 5 and GoT) so they tend to show a clear Japanese bias. They gave Nintendogs a perfect 40/40 for example.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
hours of cutscenes eh?

Are they skippable? I'm yet to find more than a couple of game storylines I wanted to pay any attention to in over 40 years as a gamer. Get me to the action baby!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
hours of cutscenes eh?

Are they skippable? I'm yet to find more than a couple of game storylines I wanted to pay any attention to in over 40 years as a gamer. Get me to the action baby!
Yes you can skip them.

pacifictheme

Agreed, who doesn't like a wondering an empty world aimlessly while being able to build a raft simulator. Amd the bad guy is Ganon, so original :nervous:
It's hard to have a proper conversation about Nintendo games with Nintendo fans. Rabid.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's hard to have a proper conversation about Nintendo games with Nintendo fans. Rabid.
I dunno, my comment was a joke, I didn't mind Tear, I even managed to get quite far, it's just too directionless for me. I also think Nintendo IP's tend te be a tiny bit overrated.

I'm a bit old for a genuine console war though. I have reached an age where I can afford to just buy all of em.

Well except an Xbox, why would I do that.

Irwin99

Looking very promising. About fecking time we had a new mainline (offline) FF that gets 'must play' review scores.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
My copy is in the wild. I haven’t been so excited about a game in ages.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The RE4 remake got 93 and I think the hype based on the demo got me thinking that it would break the 90s.
I'm reading quite a bit of criticism on its lack of diversity. I think that, coupled with the drastic departure from the rest of the series, might lose it some points.

Also a bit weird that they kept harping on how extremely polished it was, but it now turns out the performance is iffy and it needs a day 1 patch.

As for RE remakes. I bought 2 and 4 over the amazing scores, but man, these games are not for me. So clunky and boring.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The RE4 remake got 93 and I think the hype based on the demo got me thinking that it would break the 90s.
Still, 85 plus is excellent. I expected this to get a 9/10 so I’m looking forward to playing 2 years later :D

Irwin99

Seeing some talk that the graphics mode is probably the best way for a lot of people to play the game. It's a stable 30 FPS. Battles in performance mode are a very nice 60FPS but it dips all over the place on the world map.

Ainu

Seeing some talk that the graphics mode is probably the best way for a lot of people to play the game. It's a stable 30 FPS. Battles in performance mode are a very nice 60FPS but it dips all over the place on the world map.
Yeah I saw that in the Digital Foundry article by John Linneman. The motion blur in quality mode was truly atrocious in the demo though, and judging by that DF article, it still can't be switched off in the final game. I will never understand John's obsession with motion blur. In this case it's utter garbage.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah I saw that in the Digital Foundry article by John Linneman. The motion blur in quality mode was truly atrocious in the demo though, and judging by that DF article, it still can't be switched off in the final game. I will never understand John's obsession with motion blur. In this case it's utter garbage.
I have the same gripe with the excessive particle effects. That's what I loved so much about the combat in Sifu. No blur, no particle effects, nothing.

SuperiorXI

Being a Final Fantasy crack head and seeing people talking like this could be a return to form I just bought a PS5 with this bundled and it's coming tomorrow...

I need help