Gaming Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Zelda had technical failures? Also normal rules don’t apply to Zelda
Technical failures truly don't matter to reviewers. Just check the metascore of Jedi Survivor which came out two months ago in a terrible state performance-wise

Funny, i cant find any critics reviews for this.
That is because the game isn't out yet and review embargo will only lift a few days before it comes out.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finished the demo and immediately pre-ordered the game.

Elwin :(

Annabella is going to be a massive cnut, I despise her already.

The fight between Phoenix and Ifrit was pretty epic. I like how they’ve approached ‘summons’ in this, something different than what we’re used to.

Can’t wait for the full game!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah the demo was great, I'm not entirely sold on the real time combat, it's a bit frantic and button mashy even in that later bit, but the world and story and everything else all seem fantastic so I'll definitely be getting it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've now played through the demo 3 times (well, the 2nd part). It's fecking brilliant, can't wait for thursday.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'm currently watching the demo :lol: might get some gameplay at some point.

Also why does everyone always have stupid hair in these games? And waffle on for hours.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm currently watching the demo :lol: might get some gameplay at some point.

Also why does everyone always have stupid hair in these games? And waffle on for hours.
Yeah, not a lot of gameplay in the story part of the demo. I heard the full game is like 12 hours of cutscene, so I'd stay away if you don't like people with weird hair waffling on for hours.

Though, compared to other RPG's the hair is actually quite normal in this one isn't it? Lots of people with regular short hair and almost no anime spikes.

kps88

Is the demo out for everyone on PS5? I can't seem it anywhere.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Is the demo out for everyone on PS5? I can't seem it anywhere.
I had trouble finding it too in the weird new PSN store, but when I scrolled down to the demo's tab I found it. If you search for ff16 you only see the game.

kps88

I had trouble finding it too in the weird new PSN store, but when I scrolled down to the demo's tab I found it. If you search for ff16 you only see the game.
Ah thanks, I was searching too. Just scrolled down and found it.

Ainu

That's because demos are considered as another version of the game itself in the PS store, instead of a separate product. You need to view the game in the store, click on the 3 dots and you will see all versions, including digital deluxe and stuff like that. That's how it's always been on the PS5 version of the store.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My Dutch IGN mate said they are giving it "only" an 8/10. Main negative points being repetitive combat and an emptyish world. The guy reviewing it is a bit of a weeb cnut though, so he must just be mad it's not turn based.

Massive Spanner

My Dutch IGN mate said they are giving it "only" an 8/10. Main negative points being repetitive combat and an emptyish world. The guy reviewing it is a bit of a weeb cnut though, so he must just be mad it's not turn based.
Those are pretty serous criticisms though that would massively put me off getting the game.

Irwin99

Seeing a lot of warnings that you should clean your PS5 or make sure it's already clean because the game causes the console to overheat in the Eikon battles (Ifrit be blazing your console). Never experienced that kind of warning on the PS4.

lilcurt

Bear in mind that gave FF15 a 38 on release and that was an awful game. Also gave FF13-2 a 39.

I'm confident this game will be a game of the year contender but don't trust Famitsu.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bear in mind that gave FF15 a 38 on release and that was an awful game. Also gave FF13-2 a 39.

I'm confident this game will be a game of the year contender but don't trust Famitsu.
They gave 13-2 a 40/40 actually :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Wanna play it, everything looks good and just like XIV anything Yoshi P touches turns to gold, the antithesis to Microsoft and Bobby Kotick. But I'd feel stupid buying a PS5 just to play one game.

Ainu

They gave 13-2 a 40/40 actually :lol:
I've never actually played any of the FFXIII spin-offs (due to how awful the characters in the main game are), but that sounds insane. :lol:

Still, the 38/40 for FFXV is more concerning. How could anyone rate that shitshow so highly? A game with pretty much all storytelling happening in other media outside of the game, with a pointless open-world filled with the most braindead side content, a bizarre mid-game style switch and truly awful combat. Its metacritic score is equally baffling though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I've never actually played any of the FFXIII spin-offs (due to how awful the characters in the main game are), but that sounds insane. :lol:

Still, the 38/40 for FFXV is more concerning. How could anyone rate that shitshow so highly? A game with pretty much all storytelling happening in other media outside of the game, with a pointless open-world filled with the most braindead side content, a bizarre mid-game style switch and truly awful combat. Its metacritic score is equally baffling though.
Didn’t mind the first half of XV, quite enjoyed it and I enjoyed the battle system even if it was a little easy. But the second half was dreadful, I’ve never seen such a drop in a game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Didn’t mind the first half of XV, quite enjoyed it and I enjoyed the battle system even if it was a little easy. But the second half was dreadful, I’ve never seen such a drop in a game.
Yeah, I had the same. I played it 2 years after release or something and at first though, wtf is everyone on about, this game is amazing. Then... not so much.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I expected a 9/10 for this one. Glad it’s not turned based though.

Woodzy

Very excited for this. Not even going to bother with the demo, the hype has done enough.

Infor one am also glad it’s not open world. I’ve got massive open world burn out atm, and I feel like the linearity of FF7 Remake was more than enough so hopefully this will be similar.

Massive Spanner

Very excited for this. Not even going to bother with the demo, the hype has done enough.

Infor one am also glad it’s not open world. I’ve got massive open world burn out atm, and I feel like the linearity of FF7 Remake was more than enough so hopefully this will be similar.
The hype is really reminding me of Cyberpunk with the way the devs are talking and assuring people, and people are reacting pre release :lol: I really hope it’s not the same outcome.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The hype is really reminding me of Cyberpunk with the way the devs are talking and assuring people, and people are reacting pre release :lol: I really hope it’s not the same outcome.
Can't imagine it will have the same problems, since one of the (many) faults of Cyberpunk was rushing it out o so many platforms while it wasnt optimized for any of em.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Judging by the demo I think it’ll be somewhat similar if not more confined, which I’d be glad of. I’m similar to you in regards to massive open world games. It’s why I couldn’t really get into Tears of the Kingdom.

Massive Spanner

Judging by the demo I think it’ll be somewhat similar if not more confined, which I’d be glad of. I’m similar to you in regards to massive open world games. It’s why I couldn’t really get into Tears of the Kingdom.
Why don't you just feck off.