Final - Germany vs. Argentina

steve9

Argentina were the better team tonight, deluded to suggest otherwise!

That's with them carrying so many passengers in Higuain, Rojo, Aguero, Gago and Palacio. Romero sold himself for the goal aswell. Ref was shocking, Howedes decision the main one.

Like Germany though, so not too fussed, too bad Reus and Gundagon were injured though.
Did you see what Argentina produced in extra time? If not, I'll help you: Exactly nothing.

killerboi2

Deserved. I think this Argie coach put personal before business and should have taken Tevez (twice the player of Lavezzi, Higuain and Palacio). He just tried to rely on one man and it didn't work.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Why is Germany's celebration so tame? They just won the fecking World Cup ffs!
? Their celebrations were within acceptable time parameters and were a fair representation of the required enjoyment and fun necessary to fairly reflect the importance of such an occasion.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
That last freekick by Messi is exactly why I do not like him .... entirely selfish. There was no way he was going to score from there .... so put the damn ball in the box.
Seriously?
Virtually the last chance of the game and the current best player in the world who has scored a ton of goals from these free kicks so what should happen?? Messi should take it of course. Nothing selfish about it, a logical pragmatic thing to happen.

LARulz

Schweinstiger and Podolski not going full Neville and Scholes mode

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Have the feeling that Messi's not happy with the Argentine management. He seems disenchanted & unmoved.

Mali_Zeus

Gutted for Argentina but congrats to Germany.
All in all I think Argentina was slightly better, they had their chances, but I think taking Lavezzi off was a mistake. Aguero and Palacio have been poor in attack. Germany waited their chances and when it take they took it.

Overall deserved champions.

alsabi

? Their celebrations were within acceptable time parameters and were a fair representation of the required enjoyment and fun necessary to fairly reflect the importance of such an occasion.
Plus, they're still two behind West Germany ;)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Messi is showing no emotion, it's like he doesn't care enough to at least have a sad face.

jgprime

Nice choke job by the Argentine forwards tonight. In all serious though, how many chances did they cock up?
Two massive sitters. Higuain in the first half & Palacios in the second half I think. Messi had a good chance early in the second half as well.

Fellaini's Afro

Supports
Valencia
Did you see what Argentina produced in extra time? If not, I'll help you: Exactly nothing.
Nothing?

Funny how you ignore the Messi and Palacio chances! Not to mention the last ditch defending from Boateng and Schweinsteiger.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Was rooting for Argentina because of Rojo but the Germans deserved it. Congrats to all germans.

hamad138

Guys germany is exploding right now omg, rockets evrywhere hahahahah im crying

Duafc

Village Lemon
Messi is showing no emotion, it's like he doesn't care enough to at least have a sad face.
He's not really a crier or emotional guy. When he blazed the free kick over he laughed.

Doesn't mean he doesn't care, he'll be gutted as he'll know himself he's been gash by his own standards.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Was an absolute warrior tonight, brilliant performance from the most German man in history.
Yep, but I also meant because of all the lows and highs he has had. He has been a key figure for Germany since 2006, all those 2nd/3rd places, injuries, that last pen missed in the home CL final against Chelsea, and then ofc today, but he always came back.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For Wenger, Robben is the best player of the tournament and Pogba the best young player