Football at the Olympics

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
''He's a talented footballer, a very talented musician, and a model''

cnut.

JakeC

A part of me really wants this whole thing to go tits up.

JakeC

Tyler, Tyler, Tyler, Tyler.
BORIS, BORIS, BORIS, BORIS.

They would of chanted for anyone who walked out there.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I want us to win but i hope big Gueye comes on and scores.

JakeC

:lol: That was exactly my reaction
He hasn't done anything noteworthy in football since 2009, the pinicle of his career was going to Valencia in 2009 to play for his county.

He clearly wrote his own wikipedia page.

History – Football

Tyler started playing football at Borehamwood Mini Soccer in 1997 aged 4.

In January 2001, at the age of 8, Tyler signed for West Ham United Academy. The following year, Tyler appeared on the front cover of the book, Junior Soccer: A Complete Coaching Guide for the Young Player a coaching guide produced in association with West Ham.[5] Tyler also made several appearances throughout the book.

In 2003 Tyler was selected to captain the Barnet Borough team until he took up his Saturday place with Junior Guildhall.

In 2004 Tyler captained West Ham Juniors in the semi-finals of the Ascension International Tournament in Belgium.

In April 2007 Tyler played for Dame Alice Owen’s school and won the English Schools FA National Cup.[6]

In 2006 Tyler was selected by his District and in 2007 selected by his County, joining the County team for a tournament in Valencia in 2009.

LARulz

He hasn't done anything noteworthy in football since 2009, the pinicle of his career was going to Valencia in 2009 to play for his county.

He clearly wrote his own wikipedia page.

History – Football

Tyler started playing football at Borehamwood Mini Soccer in 1997 aged 4.

In January 2001, at the age of 8, Tyler signed for West Ham United Academy. The following year, Tyler appeared on the front cover of the book, Junior Soccer: A Complete Coaching Guide for the Young Player a coaching guide produced in association with West Ham.[5] Tyler also made several appearances throughout the book.

In 2003 Tyler was selected to captain the Barnet Borough team until he took up his Saturday place with Junior Guildhall.

In 2004 Tyler captained West Ham Juniors in the semi-finals of the Ascension International Tournament in Belgium.

In April 2007 Tyler played for Dame Alice Owen’s school and won the English Schools FA National Cup.[6]

In 2006 Tyler was selected by his District and in 2007 selected by his County, joining the County team for a tournament in Valencia in 2009.
Wait, so is he still at West Ham? Its not exactly the most glittering career

brewlio

A prince among poopers
Alan Hansen "Micah Richards looks like he's been on the pies all summer long, he looks very very heavy and he looks short of fitness".

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What's the downside? That some teams can strengthen more than others? It's up to them to choose and if some have better players fair enough.

The upside, and I think it's a big one, is that you can test the young players alongside some of their more senior ones. Everyone here was desperate to go: Forlán, Lugano and Godín in particular because it could be their last major tournament.

The manager's take was Pérez and Forlán may be past it in 2014 and he needs to test who may be "the new Pérez" and maybe not the new Forlán but how to play without him, so he took the ones who depend on them: Arévalo Ríos as DM partner and Cavani-Suárez in attack. It is not about winning but testing in tournament conditions (not friendlies or risking qualification in a WCQ).

If anything, it makes the Olympics more important and relevant to the NT managers and younger players who get a massive incentive to perform and make the step up. It also pisses off the scousers who are doing preseason without a key player. Long may it continue.
I explained the downside. It's a simple one. Managers can refuse players to go if they are over 23 years of age. Also there are Euro's the same year. S-American team are in a clear advantage
It's also not the over 23 players that are qualifying for this tournament.

Of course it's about winning. What else is it about? 3-4 games are an indicator of who's replacing Perez for the future? Of course not. Uruguay is what, the only team where their national team manager is managing the Olympic team? Now why isn't the U-21 manager doing that like with every other team?

You want it like this so Uruguay can possibly win this. But I think it's stupid. Not all teams like it as well. In 2008 only Brazil and Argentina took the stars with them. Some of the other teams took some older players with them but no the best ones.

It's obviously a clear advantage to some countries. The continents are represented evenly but we all know that African and Asia teams are far from having the same talents as the the big European and S-American teams have. Only Brazil, Uruguay, Spain and Great Britain are playing experienced CL players. Spain even only has the one in Mata. Their overage players are barely overage.

With the Olympics you have to earn your place to be there. All these teams did minus the overage players. They took no part in earning the place and therefor shouldn't be there.

JakeC

No he doesn't play any more.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I know Pearce was a leftback but does he really need to pick 3 of them in a starting 11.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Wow, OT is full. Amazing after everything that's come before so far. Great to see.

Sw33t

Switched over to the Brazil match to try and catch a replay of Rafael's goal

Much better game.

And goal. 2-0