Football Betting Thread 15/16

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
New season calls for a new thread I guess.

A couple of my season bets:

United best North West team @ 2.75
Rooney - Kane Most goals @ 1.64
Aguero - Costa Most goals @ 1.72

City still have an ageing squad, United will finish ahead because of younger and hungrier players. I'm not jumping on the Kane train, I think he'll face the second season syndrome. Also Rooney is a beast when he's had the summer off so I'm backing him to score more than Kane. The last one is a battle of the crooks, I'm edging towards Aguero because he's a class higher and also on penalty duty (think Hazard will be taking them for Chelsea).

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Posted in the old one but will repeat here as I gave in to it and am on for some free bets barring a disaster.

Coral are offering 6/1 on ANY PL goal before 5pm tomorrow. Clicked T&C's, it's a £5 max bet and paid out as £30 in free bets. New accounts only too it seems.

Here if anyone wants it, seeing as it's free £30 bets for a fiver - http://bit.ly/1IRSL4D

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
RNK Split v NK Zagreb kicks off at 19:00 tonight. I'm backing BTTS at Evens. Quick reasoning:
  • The last 7 matches between these two sides has seen both teams score.
  • Split's last 7 home matches have seen both sides score.
  • Since the beginning of last season, Zagreb have scored in 13/19 away league matches.
  • The main concern is Zagreb have started the season poorly but they still scored 3 at home to a decent Rijeka side and scored in their only away game so far this season.

Zen

I'm pretty certain I've ran out of opening season/tournament free bets....need to move house and put a load of new accounts in the other halves names already.

Might do PP's £20 on a top scorer and £2 every time they score bet, not sure who, but Aguero, Rooney and Costa are nailed on to score 10 goals.

Tarrou

Noticed a big move in the market for Charlie Austin to Everton today. Favourite with pretty much everyone now after being way behind Newcastle, Spurs and WHU yesterday.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Noticed a big move in the market for Charlie Austin to Everton today. Favourite with pretty much everyone now after being way behind Newcastle, Spurs and WHU yesterday.
Will message you on Facebook at some point this weekend mate btw. Can't reply on the old thread.

LilRicky

I'm looking at a treble here, wanted to get some thoughts on it from the folks here

It's a Goal Line Treble:
  • Lille vs PSG - Tonight @ 7.45 - o2.0,2.5
  • Man United vs Spurs - Tomorrow @ 12.45 - o2.0,2.5
  • Arsenal vs West Ham - Sunday @ 1.30 - Arsenal & o2.5
On B365 it's 6/1 but the odds are starting to fall a bit.

Thoughts?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I like the odds of Basel tomorrow. Away to Luzern. Won't be an easy game for them by any means but I like the look of Basel over 1.5 goals @ Evens and Basel to win and Over 2.5 goals @ 9/4.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
New season calls for a new thread I guess.

A couple of my season bets:

United best North West team @ 2.75
Rooney - Kane Most goals @ 1.64
Aguero - Costa Most goals @ 1.72

City still have an ageing squad, United will finish ahead because of younger and hungrier players. I'm not jumping on the Kane train, I think he'll face the second season syndrome. Also Rooney is a beast when he's had the summer off so I'm backing him to score more than Kane. The last one is a battle of the crooks, I'm edging towards Aguero because he's a class higher and also on penalty duty (think Hazard will be taking them for Chelsea).
Which betting site are you getting those markets?

Baxter

Rangers -1
Looked like it might fall short but late goal got it.

For tomorrow, Dunfermline around evens.

Tempted with Schalke away Duisburg in the German Cup at around 1.6 but cup games are always dodgy.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Tempted with Schalke away Duisburg in the German Cup at around 1.6 but cup games are always dodgy.
German cup games are bizarre, really need to be watching them in play before betting on them.

Agree on dunfermline.

LilRicky

Memphis & Walcott A/T Scorer double is 5/1 on B365!

Can't say no to that!

Memphis seems very eager and confident, posted this last night on Twitter

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

Good calls. I got on Dunfermline the other day when they were 23/20. Nice start to the season.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Going to put a bit on over 2.5 goals in the Stoke-Liverpool match. Pays slightly over Evens and the last 3 fixtures between these two at the Britannia have seen at least 3 goals. Mainly for some interest in the game though, I'm not hugely confident with it.

mu4c_20le

feck Arsenal, had them and LFC on a 2 play, then when they lost I chased a bit more on Liverpool.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
The Strongest 1-0 down at home currently 5/1, 20 minutes to go, worth lumping on? @Spiersey
Sorry mate, didn't see this until now. Watched the game and had a tiny bet on Double Chance as they weren't playing well. Got a pen thankfully, looked rusty still as it's the first game of the season. Definitely one to keep an eye on over the coming months.

20solskjaer

Sorry mate, didn't see this until now. Watched the game and had a tiny bet on Double Chance as they weren't playing well. Got a pen thankfully, looked rusty still as it's the first game of the season. Definitely one to keep an eye on over the coming months.
Didnt get on it, had them in a fiver 5 fold so they've messed that up, was amazing how much time wasting Blooming got away with in the last 5 minutes plus stoppage time

LilRicky

speculated €35, €17 returns!

Woeful set of results this weekend.

Might go for a City & Gladbach double this evening!

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?

Think I'll get on this too... These German cup ties usually reliable? Do the big clubs play fringe players in these early rounds or what?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
West Brom - Man City OVER 5.5 corners @ 1.86

Playing with two wingers against a compact defence, bound to be corners tonight.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?

Cheers for the tip. Didn't put too much on it, mind - I was a bit apprehensive.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
St Johnstone v Ross County kicks off at 19:45. BTTS pays Evens which looks good to me. A double with BTTS in Barcelona v Seville pays 2.45/1.

Last edited:

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Rang cable to cancel MUTV after the pre-seasons, agent asked me about united's chances this year, then proclaimed he had just got Arsenal at 9/1 for the title. No mate, I said, you wouldn't get 9/1, but he insisted he had. I checked - 9/2.

20solskjaer

Anybody know much about the J league? Looking at Nagoya Grampus Eight v Yokohama F Marinos, Grampus seem in decent form against a poor Yokohama but the odds are 2.8 home 2.5 away, is there something im missing here? Like half the team being on holiday or something? :lol:

@Spiersey might know, hes a betting machine!!

Baxter

Dundee at 3.10. More of a punt, but I think they've got their best chance to beat Utd in a while. Unlucky to lose to Hearts at the weekend and wouldn't be surprised if they won tonight.

Last edited:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
St Johnstone v Ross County kicks off at 19:45. BTTS pays Evens which looks good to me. A double with BTTS in Barcelona v Seville pays 2.45/1.
Lovely. Also did an accumulator with those two plus Salzburg to score 2+ goals and over 2.5 goals in the PSV game where Den Haag's keeper scored a last minute equaliser! Well worth a watch

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Anybody know much about the J league? Looking at Nagoya Grampus Eight v Yokohama F Marinos, Grampus seem in decent form against a poor Yokohama but the odds are 2.8 home 2.5 away, is there something im missing here? Like half the team being on holiday or something? :lol:

@Spiersey might know, hes a betting machine!!
Not a league I follow massively, don't believe it to be profitable. Will have a look in a bit when I'm on my laptop. Been researching u20 games the last 6 hours so having a break :lol:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
That bastard goalkeeper cost me 200 quid.

I like the Urawa Albirex game to be over 2.5 goals. Can get odds of about 0.83 for that

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Next goal Urawa @ 1.95 (1-1 the score at that moment)

More than half an hour to play still.

EDIT: Darn it, they are terrible at finishing.

EDIT2: Woohoo, not THAT terrible. 2-1 Urawa. :cool:

EDIT3: And now lets try Urawa to score 4th goal @ 3.25.

Last edited:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anyone think it's worth putting anything on Roma to win Serie A?
6.00 on B365. Juve have lost Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal. I think Dzeko and Salah will be strong additions to Roma's attack.