Gaming Football Manager 2010

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are you playing him in the right role? Make sure it matches his stats. Maybe say that you are disappointed with his form in the media.

AVARiCE

I bought Vagner Love for £3m. So far he's been absolute shite and couldn't score in a brothel.

WTF can I do to turn him around, his stats are amazing.
There's a hidden stat called "Adaptability", if this is low he won't adapt well to playing in the Prem. If you scouted him before hand, check the reports in case any of them say something like:

"Vagner Love may experience difficulties moving to another country".

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I never had any problems with Vagner Love in the premiership.

I played him as a poacher alongside Jo in an advanced forward role and he scored alot.

Maybe he just needs time, try linking him with Jo so they form a friendship.

I like asking my players for reccomendations on players/coaches this always seem to cheer them up and increases form.

I have a few brazilians (Ramires, Jo and a few youngsters also used to have fat ronaldo) in my team so maybe thats why he settled well, and found form.

But maybe he is just shit on your game, everyone raves on about that Lukaku as is he is the best player ever and yet he flopped for me twice.

MJLD

Arsenal 0-1 Luton Town

hehehehehe FA Cup, last minute winner.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Christ this game is bullshit.

I'm in the champions league places with 10 games to go despite being relegation fodder, and the game clearly doesn't like it. I've got fecking ridiculous injuries. feckING RIDICULOUS! I have no players left, for over two months I've had at least 7 of my squad permacrocked. Now it's gone beyond the ridiculous and I keep losing games that I'm dominating games and having 4 clear cut chances yet losing 1-0 to teams that have 0 clear cut chances.

cnut off.

Minkaro

I still can't quite believe that Everton won the league in the 2012/13 season here.

By a solid ten points too.

Minkaro

Everton have always been far too strong, isn't the main SI bloke an Everton fan or something?
They've never been that impressive for me. This season they're back down to around 12th, which is much more like it.

Woodzy

......perfect timing. My worst ever injury crisis in the history of FM.

You can all catch a glimpse of the tactic i'm using there i see also. It aint half bad.

Woodzy

Thankfully I'd be playing some of those youngsters quite a bit throughout the season so they just about scraped me through to the Champions League final.

My goal for this game is basically to make more money on transfers than i spend, which is going well currently. Vidic and Evra i'm going to ship out next to bring as much as possible.

Some of my regens are awesome. At the start of each season i just scout some of the most expensive 16 year olds in the game, usually does the trick for picking up the best available. There's always the odd random nationality player that slips under the radar though.

Woodzy

Woodzy, that's exactly what I've been dealing with for the last two months of the season, only I'm Coventry and my squad hasn't exactly got great strength in depth.
Did you make the Champions League place in the end?

Woodzy

Barca just offered me £20m, all up front, for this kid.

I'm probs gonna reject. He's the reason I sold Vidic.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
What a surprise, I lost my last 3 games, the first time I've lost 3 games in a row all season.

Check out Chelsea finishing 6th despite being the reigning champions. Arsenal finished 11th, but until about 30 games in they were in the relegation zone. They beat me 3-0 in my penultimate game.

Not bad though considering I finished 16th and escaped relegation by 1 point last season.

Flying Fox

:lol: Playing in the German Supercup against Dortmund, 34 minutes in and already 3-1 up.

Abdennour take the ball down the left hand channel towards the goal-line, cuts it back to Khedira on the corner of the box where he proceeds to literally run rings around three Dortmund players. He's asically just led them about the edge of the area for a while. Sebastien Kehl managed to trip himself up in the process as well too. Khedira had a pop at goals, bounced off the crossbar and fell to Hamsik to bury it.

I'd gif it if I could...it all just seemed so very, very odd.

Rooney1987

I don't know any FM forums or site does anyone have an update with the updated leagues after the world cup with Spain as champions and Blackpool/Newcastle in the PL.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Made it into the Champs League in 2016 (finished 4th in 15/16).

Have fecked off Possebon and my third choice keeper thus far (I ended up getting Ochoa and another 5 star rated keeper on frees a season back :nervous:)

Brought in Alexandre Coeff (rated 4 and a half stars in 2016) from Wolves. Bidding for Defour. Considering fecking off Sturridge but there's really no reason to as I only get 10% of the sales back, and I'm way under the wages cap as it is.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
So as it stands my default formation is

Necid/Goodwin*
Ba/Sturridge .......................... Dembele/Vanden Borre

Vanden Borre/Coeff
Gonalons Song

Vertonghen .. Barre/Mongongu .. Adam* .. Utrianen*

Ochoa/Muslu*

Vanden Borre/Coeff as a CM, Gonalons and Song as DM and ANchorman
* is a regen.

Mark Adam is a cracking young Scottish CB - 19 and better than any of my other players there, although he's prone to a howler or two.

AVARiCE

I don't know any FM forums or site does anyone have an update with the updated leagues after the world cup with Spain as champions and Blackpool/Newcastle in the PL.
Here's the best place for them: Editors Hideaway

Here's the best ones I found:

Sports Interactive Community

The best places for FM stuff are the official forums (but the best forums need registration, as you can see), SortItOutSI & Fm-Base in my opinion.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Barca just offered me £20m, all up front, for this kid.

I'm probs gonna reject. He's the reason I sold Vidic.
He's not brilliant, to be honest. £20 million probably isn't a lot at that point, but I'd consider it. Then again, I might not. The strangest defenders are the greatest in some games I've had.

Edit: After having had a second look... I'd probably keep him. Not exactly Vidic, but solid enough.

Woodzy

Right. It's crunch time. I'm left with 3 quality goalkeepers, two bought for next to nothing and around the age of 20, the other being Adler - a legend for me, bought for £20million and valued currently at £29m and nearing 30 years old.

Played sparingly. common knowledge that he has a very high PA so best to stick with him.

Played about 2 games, yet he's become a wonderkid and 3 and a half star player without any effort, which makes me wonder if his PA is ridiculously high.

Which ones do I sell with the aim of A.) Making as much profit as possible and B.) Still being left with one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Wonderkid issue number 2 are these two bad boys. One is a natural winger converted centre midfield and the other was both natural striker and centre mid. They are both very similar stat wise, but i don't really need either.

Do I hang on to them as they are both on relatively low wages with no current first team ambitions, or shall I try and get rid now while they are wonderkids and highly rated? I'm torn. They both do well at set pieces which has come very useful.

In regards to Mullen, I kept him. He's become quality and I slotted him in at right back and centre defence whenever needed. Even his poor positioning looks half decent now.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
How do you retreive a save you played on another computer?

I've got a new laptop, on which I installed Steam and FM using the same steam account, but for some reason doesn't show my previous save that I wanted to continue. Any ideas how to retreive it?

prateik

......perfect timing. My worst ever injury crisis in the history of FM.

You can all catch a glimpse of the tactic i'm using there i see also. It aint half bad.
how did you get those arrows in the formations
they are from fm07 . loved that feature

wr8_utd

:'(
How do you retreive a save you played on another computer?

I've got a new laptop, on which I installed Steam and FM using the same steam account, but for some reason doesn't show my previous save that I wanted to continue. Any ideas how to retreive it?
Copy the saved file from "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/games" from your previous computer and transfer it to the same place on the new PC and then it'll come up in the saved games :D

Since your playing with Steam your saved file location might differ but it works.

wr8_utd

:'(
how did you get those arrows in the formations
they are from fm07 . loved that feature
Was there in 08 as well iirc. Really wish FM 09 and 10 had kept it but well their easy enough as it is without adding the arrows :D

prateik

from what i remember ,08 had the curved ones and 07 had the straight lines

evra and nev getting forward :drool: