Gaming Football Manager 2010

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Copy the saved file from "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/games" from your previous computer and transfer it to the same place on the new PC and then it'll come up in the saved games :D

Since your playing with Steam your saved file location might differ but it works.
Should of though of that myself. Cheers pal

x42bn6

Yeah but they were wingers mate, of course you wanted them to get forward when possible, did they really need an arrow to know that? Plus what if I don't put a forward arrow by every player, does that mean they don't go forward?
It was difficult before arrows were removed - sliders didn't have such a "strong" effect - you needed to put the mentality slider really high to get wingers that attacked aggressively. Forward arrows forced wingers to play further forward which was basically the effect everyone wanted.

There is one effect that has been difficult to replicate without arrows - the sideways arrows. For example, consider 4-3-2-1 with sidewards arrows on either the attacking midfielders or wider central midfielders. Both are variants of some of Milan's play around 4 years ago but are really difficult to replicate now.

SI said they'd put a "width" slider for individual players but unfortunately it hasn't been put in yet.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
It was difficult before arrows were removed - sliders didn't have such a "strong" effect - you needed to put the mentality slider really high to get wingers that attacked aggressively. Forward arrows forced wingers to play further forward which was basically the effect everyone wanted.

There is one effect that has been difficult to replicate without arrows - the sideways arrows. For example, consider 4-3-2-1 with sidewards arrows on either the attacking midfielders or wider central midfielders. Both are variants of some of Milan's play around 4 years ago but are really difficult to replicate now.

SI said they'd put a "width" slider for individual players but unfortunately it hasn't been put in yet.
I hadn't considered this issue, probably because my formation doesn't require that (it's 4-2-2-2 very narrow, high up the pitch with the full backs providing all the width). If I wanted to play with a lot of width I would want the option to tighten up at some point and I can't see how you'd do that in FM2O10 (although maybe in touchline instructions). So all in all I completely retract my comments deriding the arrows and would like to offer my support to any group lobbying for the glorious reinstating of said arrows.

evra

Talking about whether Ronaldo was well known when we signed him from Sporting it got me thinking, does anyone remember signing him on FM before he came to utd? I must have bought the last 13 FM games (in their various guises) and I honestly can't remember having him in my team.

wr8_utd

:'(
Think I remember scouting him in the EA Sports FA Premier League Manager 2002. Not quite sure though.

Definitely did buy Nani and Anderson both in my FM 05 game :D

x42bn6

I hadn't considered this issue, probably because my formation doesn't require that (it's 4-2-2-2 very narrow, high up the pitch with the full backs providing all the width). If I wanted to play with a lot of width I would want the option to tighten up at some point and I can't see how you'd do that in FM2O10 (although maybe in touchline instructions). So all in all I completely retract my comments deriding the arrows and would like to offer my support to any group lobbying for the glorious reinstating of said arrows.
I don't know what you would call that type of midfielder - essentially, what you are describing is a Gattuso's old role (for defensive midfielders/central midfielders) or Real Madrid's 4-2-2-2, where the wide players aren't really wide players - I would describe them more accurately as narrow 4-2-2-2 with sideways arrows. A tickbox such as "roam the flanks" could help - where that player in a central position would be allowed to attack the flanks - kind of like Fletcher for us sometimes. There should also be a tickbox such as "cut inside". Or maybe an option to tick where you want to attack - a flank, both flanks, centrally, centrally with one flank, or centrally with both flanks (essentially a very aggressive box-to-box player).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Talking about whether Ronaldo was well known when we signed him from Sporting it got me thinking, does anyone remember signing him on FM before he came to utd? I must have bought the last 13 FM games (in their various guises) and I honestly can't remember having him in my team.
Signed Anderson on FM 2006, remember Nani being a bit crap on FM 2006. Also signed Owen Hargreaves and Tevez.

Signed Nani on FM 2007.

SirAF

Ageist
Signed Anderson on FM 2006, remember Nani being a bit crap on FM 2006. Also signed Owen Hargreaves and Tevez.

Signed Nani on FM 2007.

Signed Ando at the age of 15 or 16, used him on the left wing :drool:

Woodzy

Lukaku is currently unemployed on my game because no one is willing to meet his £21 million signing on fee request.

:lol:

Woodzy

My board wouldn't let me offer more than £5m.

Spurs managed to signing in the end.

evra

Anyone good at lower league management? I've started a new game as Exeter, does anyone have any player suggestions at that level? Particularly young players who have improved quickly. Any position is welcome although I need a striker and a central midfielder..... I've got fifty grand and can offer 120k per annum to the player.

redpie

Just started a 2nd season with Bury after promotion in FM 2010.
My current United related players are Ron-Robert Zieler in goal, Corry Evans, Sam Hewson in midfield and I have Smalling (who has been poor so far) in defence on loan. I also have Reece Brown though not played him yet.
Tried to sign Gary Neville(fav club Bury) who is now a free agent but he still doesn't want to know.
On a side note by far my star player is a young on-loan Man City starlet striker called Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely.

Brophs

The One and Only
This game is so bent.

I'm playing a career game and started with Reggina in Italy. In the course of making them the best team in Europe I won four CL titles and twice as many league titles. I decided I wanted to manage in England and applied for a few jobs.

The best I could get after two years on holiday was Birmingham, who were 10th in the Championship having just been relegated and about to go into Administration. I sold all of my best players, bought some more and still got promoted. The next season they gave me no money, cut my wage bill by a third and sacked me after three wins and two draws in seven games, one of which was a draw at the league leaders Arsenal, which naturally disappointed the fans and board alike.

I went on holiday again and got the Borussia Dortmund job. Two seasons, in which I won the CL in both and the title in the second to break Bayern's ten year winning streak.

So I decide to try my luck in England again. I apply for the Spurs job thinking that as they are rooted to the table and I've won 6 CLs and countless other trophies that I'd have a chance. Nahhh. They hired the recently retired Billy Monks, a regen who had cleary out-achieved me by being the assistant manager at Sheffield Wednesday for all of six months. I then declared my interest in the Chelsea job - they're constantly fighting relegation- and they laughed off my application saying that they have better candidates to consider. They then hired Gianluca Quagliarella who, having spent two years at Burnley and managed to get them relegated from the PL in that time, was clearly more qualified than me.

The search goes on...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I usually take United because it makes no sense to take anyone else, but recently I decided to take control of Ipswitch and realized what a great game it is.

But one thing, it seems a little too easy. First season my team came second in the championship, next season 9th in the premier league and now the general expectation is a top half at minimum. That kind of growth for a club in the championship is just rather unrealistic. In fact with the players I've signed I'm top 6 games in and should finish in the top 6.

prateik

got promotions with bury ..
2nd in league 2 , top in league 1 and now leading in the championship .. villa in it too .. i played them at home and beat them 2-0

still just 8-9 games played, there is no way i will finish top of the championship .. promotion will be brilliant .. really young squad. the oldest player is 23

got a lot of freebies .. thats the way to go

nyrfan818

Just beat Burnley using an old school WM formation.
Funny, I actually used that the other day as well. Playing as Rangers against Hibernian at home they were playing a 4-1-4-1 so I figured mind as well. Outshot them 29-3, hit 3 posts, and had 58% of possession. Needless to say I lost 1-0.

Brophs

The One and Only
This game is so bent.

I'm playing a career game and started with Reggina in Italy. In the course of making them the best team in Europe I won four CL titles and twice as many league titles. I decided I wanted to manage in England and applied for a few jobs.

The best I could get after two years on holiday was Birmingham, who were 10th in the Championship having just been relegated and about to go into Administration. I sold all of my best players, bought some more and still got promoted. The next season they gave me no money, cut my wage bill by a third and sacked me after three wins and two draws in seven games, one of which was a draw at the league leaders Arsenal, which naturally disappointed the fans and board alike.

I went on holiday again and got the Borussia Dortmund job. Two seasons, in which I won the CL in both and the title in the second to break Bayern's ten year winning streak.

So I decide to try my luck in England again. I apply for the Spurs job thinking that as they are rooted to the table and I've won 6 CLs and countless other trophies that I'd have a chance. Nahhh. They hired the recently retired Billy Monks, a regen who had cleary out-achieved me by being the assistant manager at Sheffield Wednesday for all of six months. I then declared my interest in the Chelsea job - they're constantly fighting relegation- and they laughed off my application saying that they have better candidates to consider. They then hired Gianluca Quagliarella who, having spent two years at Burnley and managed to get them relegated from the PL in that time, was clearly more qualified than me.

The search goes on...
I got the Swansea job with eight games to go. We were 19th in the PL, four points adrift. Ended up finishing 15th with four wins and two draws.

I'll probably get sacked if I don't win the CL next season, despite not qualifying.

Brophs

The One and Only
I got the Swansea job with eight games to go. We were 19th in the PL, four points adrift. Ended up finishing 15th with four wins and two draws.

I'll probably get sacked if I don't win the CL next season, despite not qualifying.
This is ridiculous. I had a fantastic second season with Swansea, despite spending -£23m in the summer, and snuck into the Europa League on the last day of the season. The Swansea board immediately gave me the task of European qualification and to help me along they accepted bids for three of my best players without my permission and gave me 20% of the money received to try put together a team.

Needless to say I was 14th by Christmas so they sacked me and hired the recently retired Stuart Moncur who had proven his worth by serving as first team coach at Newcastle for three years.

Utter gimpage.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
As a part-time manager could anyone tell me how I can sign Hernandez? Tried sending a scout to Mexico to watch strikers and got nought. Pleeze...