Gaming Football Manager 2015

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Absolutely loving playing in Norway. My defensive/possession system is going down a treat.

Almost no Norwegians in my squad though, finding good enough players to push the team to the next for very little money is tricky. Abusing the free market and picking up wonderkids from around the world when I can. Reece James is my left back. :D

LARulz

Just sold Doumbia to Chelsea for 49 million and Itrube to City for 73 million :cool:

LARulz

And 50 million for Gervinho from PSG :lol: (mostly add ons to be fair)

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Is it just me or do players get much more expensive as the game goes on?

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Bought Jesé for pennies as Madrid wanted him off. One year later they're offering £70m for him. Decided to reject it as he's too important for me but Jesé is kicking up a fuss.

JakeC

I'm fairly well stocked in the midfield area.....

Di Maria---Strootman
------Martinez

Romero----Rooney
--------Blind

Herrera----Tielamens
------Verrati

The Law of Denis

So how do you guys find talents a while into the game?
In my sixth years now, and cant find any wonderkids, especially not any english ones.
I even have four scouts only looking for it.
That is your problem, you need more scouts. Look at some of the previous posts, people talking about having 20+ scouts! You don't need that many, but a hell lot more than four

BootsyCollins

That is your problem, you need more scouts. Look at some of the previous posts, people talking about having 20+ scouts! You don't need that many, but a hell lot more than four
I have more than 4. I have 25. But 4 of them is looking strickly for young talents in specific positions. The rest is spread around the world and tournaments.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
You do get crazy money for players if they have a good season. First season having winning the title with Southampton I managed to get £40m for Schneiderlin, £30m for Bertrand and £25m for Wanyama. I've not carried on playing as Utd offered me a job after finishing 8th so I've done a new save and took that for now. Had to struggle along with 3 at the back as LvG sold the few full backs we have!

Will go back to the Southampton game though for sure.

What is this versions problem with players asking for a new contract seemingly every 6 months? The whole player power and relationships that seems to be the 'thing 'in recent versions of FM really piss me off too. They either need to get rid of it or make more far detailed and easier to understand the ramifications of your decisions. Otherwise you're just second guessing everything.

In fact I think it seems to be there to just knock you down a peg or two when you're doing well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I have more than 4. I have 25. But 4 of them is looking strickly for young talents in specific positions. The rest is spread around the world and tournaments.
I used to make a custom search for players under the age of 21 potential ability 4 stars or less and set them to search around the world. If your scout is a good 1 they never fail to find good players. (havent played fm15 yet though, but the previous years always worked).

BootsyCollins

I used to make a custom search for players under the age of 21 potential ability 4 stars or less and set them to search around the world. If your scout is a good 1 they never fail to find good players. (havent played fm15 yet though, but the previous years always worked).
Yes, this is what i do. Maybe i am just not patient enough.
I reality you cant expect to find the new Ronaldo every year.

Varun

Staff
I'm fairly well stocked in the midfield area.....

Di Maria---Strootman
------Martinez

Romero----Rooney
--------Blind

Herrera----Tielamens
------Verrati
Yeah, that's what I'd call those options.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes, this is what i do. Maybe i am just not patient enough.
I reality you cant expect to find the new Ronaldo every year.
Sometimes stationing a scout in 1 country they are familiar with works best, as they don't need to relearn the players.

Usually having 1 scout stationed in Brazil / Argentina / Spain / Holland finds players easily.

Patchbeard

Saul or Kondogbia?

Want a new LCM to play in a 4-3-1-2/diamond (will generally play as B2B/Roaming Playmaker) and had an 18m offer accepted for both. Lucas Biglia ain't quite up to it.

Ralaks

Just has Memphis Depay beat Ronaldo and Messi to the Ballon d'Or in the first season (after just a half season at United), never ever beat Messi in any of the last many games, always him till he retires!

His stats are amazing though so it's probably well deserved, 25 goals and 10 assists in 21 games

Flying Fox

Heading towards the end of my first season with Desportivo Brasil. Won the Paulista 5th Division at a canter, and have made it to the second round of what is in effect, Serie E

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

FFS, Greg Smith has never played a game for any other club, or in any other system. :rolleyes:
That's better than a previous FM where my assistant would say

"Player x is used to playing a more direct game"
Followed by the line
"The same Player x is used to playing a less direct game"

So he's basically not used to playing football. Good to know.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's the first time since 2003 I think that I've managed to create a good save with United. I won the league in my first season with 88 points and I'm leading the table after 17 games in my second year too but it looks like it's going to be hard to retain the league. I've scored about a dozen stoppage time winners which I absolutely love and I'm in for a great CL campaign, having won all group stage games with no goals conceded.

Started off by selling van Persie for £33m to Liverpool, great deal considering his age and got Vietto in January as replacement for £13m. I bought Sterling for £28m in my first season too, then the following season I sold Rooney for £38m and Mata for £41m, both to City and replaced them with Lacazette for £14m and De Bruyne for £26m. I also signed Thiago for £28m, Godin for £16m, Depay for £15m and I'm also about to sign Ricardo Rodriguez for £16m, Miranda for £8m, Mario Suarez for £6.5m and considering Koke at £40m (not sure about him though). I've also sold Hernandez, Nani, Valencia, Young etc. which generated even more money to play with and rebuild the team. Selling Mata, van Persie and Rooney for £112m was a masterstroke considering Vietto, Lacazette and De Bruyne have cost less than half that amount and have replaced them adequately (plus I have Januzaj who's also a perfect Mata replacement).

I rotate my team a lot, it's a huge squad. Sterling, Depay and Di Maria are rotated on the wings, Januzaj and De Bruyne in the middle, I alter between Herrera, Fellaini, Thiago and Blind in midfield duo.

The job van Gaal has is so easy.

Last edited:

Meller

27-4 in shots at home against Liverpool. The game ended 3-3. Hate this game sometimes.

Oh, and it does feel like I have to create about 5 times the amount of chances compared to the computer to actually score a goal. And then you get freak results like the one above. And the injuries, at one point I could barely field a team. Bah.

Skizzo

27-4 in shots at home against Liverpool. The game ended 3-3. Hate this game sometimes.

Oh, and it does feel like I have to create about 5 times the amount of chances compared to the computer to actually score a goal. And then you get freak results like the one above. And the injuries, at one point I could barely field a team. Bah.
FM is always good for a random result thrown in...just for kicks. I was coasting along, morale was good, away game in the CL comes up at Roma..thinking I can get a decent result since I tied Dortmund 2-2 away from home in the previous round.

losing 0-7 at halftime. 0-8 final score.

JakeC

Starting my 4th season and finally things are starting to become what I want them to be.

I will have 23 players in my first team squad, 23 in my u21's and 23 in my u18's. The youngsters in my first team squad will be allowed to play for the u21 team when they're not needed, and the back-up u21s will be available for the u18s, the excess u18 players will fill the gap for the u21/u18 when their are injuries.

I'm not too keen on loaning players out to a team unless it's in the premiership, so there will fierce competition for places.

I can't seem to find homes for unwanted players, so they're being released a bit too much for my liking. Nobody will bid for Rooney, even on a free.

JakeC

Bought Neymar for 90 million euro (45 now and 45 over 48 months) and then sold Barcelona Di Maria for 50 million, and Juventus Saul for 40 million.

Decent business I think.

Sarni

I love City in this game, won the treble in my second season at United after buying half of my squad with money they paid for Rooney and Mata, now they come back and offer £90m for a 28-year old Di Maria who hasn't even been that good. :lol: I buy Laporte, Marquinhos, Saul and Isco for this money and still have something left. :lol:

I have two players for each position and no clear XI, rotation madness. :drool:

EDIT: City just took a 31-year old Godin off me for £34m. I love them. Even Marquinhos and Laporte didn't cost this much and they're in early 20s and as good. Godin helped me to a CL win, thank you very much but he'll go downhill from here.

Last edited:

Patchbeard

I love City in this game, won the treble in my second season at United after buying half of my squad with money they paid for Rooney and Mata, now they come back and offer £90m for a 28-year old Di Maria who hasn't even been that good. :lol: I buy Laporte, Marquinhos, Saul and Isco for this money and still have something left. :lol:

I have two players for each position and no clear XI, rotation madness. :drool:

EDIT: City just took a 31-year old Godin off me for £34m. I love them. Even Marquinhos and Laporte didn't cost this much and they're in early 20s and as good. Godin helped me to a CL win, thank you very much but he'll go downhill from here.
Godin's rubbish on my save. Transfer listed for 1.4m in 2016 but my scouts don't think he's an improvement on bloody Kamel Glik for RCB so I'll probably leave him. Also think Felipe Luis, Ivanovic and Azpilicueta are massively underrated. Ivanovic especially, he starts off average and then turns to shit by the time he's 31/32 even though he's the type of player who'll probably still be a beast at 35/36.

Sarni

Godin's rubbish on my save. Transfer listed for 1.4m in 2016 but my scouts don't think he's an improvement on bloody Kamel Glik for RCB so I'll probably leave him. Also think Felipe Luis, Ivanovic and Azpilicueta are massively underrated. Ivanovic especially, he starts off average and then turns to shit by the time he's 31/32 even though he's the type of player who'll probably still be a beast at 35/36.
Godin was excellent in CL for me, I didn't play him in the league much because that was Miranda's job (he was cup-tied for CL). Mind you I had a piss easy draw until the final - Juventus, Salzburg and Olympiakos in groups, then Sporting, Schalke and Porto. Played Bayern in the final.

Marquinhos and Laporte have been excellent since the transfer, I've only conceded 1 goal in my first 9 league games. I still have £80m left in the budget at the minute but no one to spend this on. I might get a winger if a very good one becomes available to compete with Sterling, Depay and Januzaj.

Meller

Finally about to sign Kovacic after tapping him up for a good while. I'm losing RVP on bosman to Real though so will need a new striker and also a CB this summer. Young's contract is finally expiring as well so my wage bill is going to look real healthy.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
feck me look at my schedule in March and April:

8th - PSG (A)
11th - City (H)
18th - Chelsea (A)
Intl break
1st - Tottenham (H)
8th - Liverpool (A)
12th - Bayern (A)
15th - Chelsea (N)
18th - Bayern (H)

My UCL this year is fecked up. I had Barca in the group stages, PSG in the first knockout round and Bayern in the QF.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Finally about to sign Kovacic after tapping him up for a good while. I'm losing RVP on bosman to Real though so will need a new striker and also a CB this summer. Young's contract is finally expiring as well so my wage bill is going to look real healthy.
Use him as a AM rather than a CM. He scores a boat load of goals. First 11 games I used him in CM and had 1 goal and 1 assist. Next 9 games I used him as AM and he scored 11 goals and 6 assists.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Should have the option to pay off instalment based transfers IMO. Like if you spread a fee over 48 months and if you have enough budget it would be good if you had the option to pay it off.

Raptori

Special needs
Should have the option to pay off instalment based transfers IMO. Like if you spread a fee over 48 months and if you have enough budget it would be good if you had the option to pay it off.
Yeah that'd be good. Same as the whole paying off loans thing, or reducing your transfer budget to pay for improvements to facilities/stadium.

Meller

Use him as a AM rather than a CM. He scores a boat load of goals. First 11 games I used him in CM and had 1 goal and 1 assist. Next 9 games I used him as AM and he scored 11 goals and 6 assists.
Yeah I think that was my plan with me having both Romero's and ADM to cover the two CM spots.

Meller

Completing the double with a 4-0 win against Liverpool in the CL final after a fruitless first season where Liverpool won the league and Chelsea CL. Beat Madrid in the semifinal as well. RVP was injured for the most part of the season and he's leaving anyway but Aboubakar has been great so might not need a new striker.

How has Angelo Henriquez (sp?) been for you guys? Worth to have as a backup with Wilson or should I get rid? He's been doing well on loan but my coaches don't rate him. His stats look alright though.

Skizzo

Managed to win the World Player of the Year, and the Golden Ball in the first season...with.....Juan Cuadrado. 19 assists in 21 games. Avg rating of 8.34. Still surprised to see on Messi on there anywhere. I'm guessing they made a change somewhere in the last patch?

Top 3 for WPotY

Cuadrado
Diego Costa
C. Ronaldo

Top 3 for Golden Ball

Cuadrado
C. Ronaldo
Willian

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This transfer ban on Barcelona doesn't really do much. Their youngsters are already knocking on the door of the first team.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Has anybody ever had somebody sent off for an off the ball foul? Not as in pulling somebody back from a through ball, the ball was with the opposition goalkeeper and my CB ran up to the attacker and obviously did something (I'm playing in 2d) and got sent off.