Gaming Football Manager 2015

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Won Champions League with Schalke and sold Mitrovic for £72m to PSG and Firmino for £48m to Bayern. Game has become pointless ever since, I'm winning every game with my newly built side and it's just not fun anymore.

I want to have a proper career. Either take over a mid-table La Liga/Ligue 1 side and build them for years, playing European football, or take over a mid-table Championship side and promote them within the first 2-3 years on the job while building a good team. I was considering Blackburn but they're very boring, Fulham are very good and I could probably bring them up within a year and I have fond memories of managing Fulham in CM02/03 on my Xbox back when I was 12 or 13 but there is something wrong with their squad. Watford have a good team but they have no soul for me, maybe Nottingham who haven't been in the top division for ages or Charlton who I associate with good Premier League games. Cardiff have by far the best team in the league but they have zero appeal to me.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Won Champions League with Schalke and sold Mitrovic for £72m to PSG and Firmino for £48m to Bayern. Game has become pointless ever since, I'm winning every game with my newly built side and it's just not fun anymore.

I want to have a proper career. Either take over a mid-table La Liga/Ligue 1 side and build them for years, playing European football, or take over a mid-table Championship side and promote them within the first 2-3 years on the job while building a good team. I was considering Blackburn but they're very boring, Fulham are very good and I could probably bring them up within a year and I have fond memories of managing Fulham in CM02/03 on my Xbox back when I was 12 or 13 but there is something wrong with their squad. Watford have a good team but they have no soul for me, maybe Nottingham who haven't been in the top division for ages or Charlton who I associate with good Premier League games. Cardiff have by far the best team in the league but they have zero appeal to me.
Bring Deportivo/Zaragoza back to glory.

Sarni

Bring Deportivo/Zaragoza back to glory.
Nice shout, especially Deportivo. I was also thinking Auxerre. Parma would be nice but they have too many players.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nice shout, especially Deportivo. I was also thinking Auxerre. Parma would be nice but they have too many players.
IIRC Deportivo have little money, huge debts and with not many sellable assets.

Sarni

IIRC Deportivo have little money, huge debts and with not many sellable assets.
That's too much for me, I prefer either little money with a good talented team or a poor team with a couple of sellable players that could generate enough money to rebuild. I have no idea about any Auxerre players looking at them, not sure if I can squeeze much out of them. It'd probably require me to get promoted in my first season and then try to stay in Ligue 1 in second, and half of my good players are loanees.

Santos J

That's too much for me, I prefer either little money with a good talented team or a poor team with a couple of sellable players that could generate enough money to rebuild. I have no idea about any Auxerre players looking at them, not sure if I can squeeze much out of them. It'd probably require me to get promoted in my first season and then try to stay in Ligue 1 in second, and half of my good players are loanees.
Betis in the Spanish 2nd division could be a good option.

Sarni

Betis in the Spanish 2nd division could be a good option.
Nice, they have a good team and loads of money.

What about Ajax - has anyone played them for a few seasons? They don't fit the bill at all when it comes to what I said in my previous post but would be a good challenge too, I'd make it my goal to make them European force again and heavily invest in youth players. They have some players who go on to be proper crackers in the game - Kishna, El Ghazi, Veltman, van Rhijn, Fischer, Zivkovic, Milik. I could make them a great side.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Leipzig in Germany would be a decent pick, some good young players, and backed by Red Bull, money shouldn't be too hard to come by(were a cracking save in 14), and should you nab a few mil, there's a purchase option on Rebic's loan. Should be a good "project" club.

Downside is loosing Kimmich on a free to Bayern.

Of course, if you think Watford are "soulless" you'll probably hate the Red Bull clubs.

Sarni

Leipzig in Germany would be a decent pick, some good young players, and backed by Red Bull, money shouldn't be too hard to come by(were a cracking save in 14), and should you nab a few mil, there's a purchase option on Rebic's loan. Should be a good "project" club.

Downside is loosing Kimmich on a free to Bayern.

Of course, if you think Watford are "soulless" you'll probably hate the Red Bull clubs.
Not soulless per se, I just don't find them appealing. I've just managed in Germany, otherwise Leipzig would be good.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Bit of an experiment, I've loaded up a save 40 times with united on March 10th with top facilities and a great HOY, still all the intakes are absolute dogshit.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Bit of an experiment, I've loaded up a save 40 times with united on March 10th with top facilities and a great HOY, still all the intakes are absolute dogshit.
I just go and poach the 15-16 year olds from other clubs when my intake is shit. That way I still have good players with potential in the academy.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
I've had this on every intake so far since I started playing this game. The best player I'd had is a right back with barely decent stats and the potential to be a good Premier League player. I end up having to buy youngsters from other clubs just to have something to be interested in in my academy.

I'm still playing my United save from before the update as it's the one I'm having the most fun with. I think they might have tweaked the transfers in the update though as everyone else seems to get a fortune when they sell their players but I struggle to get their market value. I sold Fellaini at the start of my 3rd season for £7.75mill, just sold Cleverley for £10.25mill (5 mill less than his value) and PSG have completely unsettled David de Gea but will only offer £21mill for him!

GBBQ

I've had this on every intake so far since I started playing this game. The best player I'd had is a right back with barely decent stats and the potential to be a good Premier League player. I end up having to buy youngsters from other clubs just to have something to be interested in in my academy.

I'm still playing my United save from before the update as it's the one I'm having the most fun with. I think they might have tweaked the transfers in the update though as everyone else seems to get a fortune when they sell their players but I struggle to get their market value. I sold Fellaini at the start of my 3rd season for £7.75mill, just sold Cleverley for £10.25mill (5 mill less than his value) and PSG have completely unsettled David de Gea but will only offer £21mill for him!
I'm having the exact same issue. Getting quoted 60 mil on some 4 star players, 30 million on 2 star with potential for 4 star but am only offered 20 million for a 5 star Christian Eriksen aged 26 with 2 years left on his contract.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Try having Kroatia Zagreb (Dinamo Zagreb IRL), Boca Juniors or some other clubs with great academies as farmer clubs. Make the partnership deal where you get some of their players to your academy.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I just go and poach the 15-16 year olds from other clubs when my intake is shit. That way I still have good players with potential in the academy.
I do the same! It's just frustrating that my academy isn't doing the same.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Thought I'd give a little update in my game as I enter the 4th season..

Here are my achievements for the 3 previous years.

2014/2015 - Premier League
2015/2016 - Premier League, Community Shield
2016/2017 - Premier League, Community Shield, Capital One Cup, Champions League

Game ratio as a manager is played 172, won 143, drawn 14 and lost just 15. I've had my ground upgraded to 91,797 for this season but was restricted to just 62,000 last year as a result of the expansion. Gone for another extension so if that goes through once the work is done I'll be sitting pretty with a 100,000 seater Old Trafford :drool:

Squad going into the 4th season is as follows:

Goalkeepers - De Gea, Valdes

Defenders - Shaw, Marquinhos, Laporte, Chambers, Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Smalling

Midfielders - Ruben Neves, Ward-Prowse, Di Maria, Januzaj, Fellaini, Hojbjerg, de Vilhena, Blind, Herrera

Strikers - Gotze, Rooney, Dybala, Insigne

Squads a little bloated, trying to offload Smalling, Blind & Fellaini but as of yet they aren't any takers.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Why don't you manage Fulham again?

They've some good talents in their team.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Januzaj's an absolute demon of a right winger for me. Any one else having as much success with him? He rarely ever has a bad game.
He is quite good on right & left (IF). He might as well be considering how bad Di maria has been for me on the IF role. Was so close to getting Sterling for 48mill but Di maria got a new lease in the AP midfield role. Great for long crosses from midfield.

Sarni

Why don't you manage Fulham again?

They've some good talents in their team.
I think I will. They have some great young talent indeed, a good budget and a few sellable players in their late 20s I'd immediately get rid of. Coming up in first season should be easy.

Meller

How the feck do you set up away from home? I'm smashing teams at home, won my last 2 games 7-0. Away from home I play so much worse though. Sure I win possession stats and shots and CCC. But not nearly with as much as I do at home. And I tend to draw so many games since the computer needs about 2 shots to create a goal and I need about 10. But it's seriously annoying considering how I batter teams at home. Usually I end up playing my home tactics away but that doesn't work either. Any tips?

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
How the feck do you set up away from home? I'm smashing teams at home, won my last 2 games 7-0. Away from home I play so much worse though. Sure I win possession stats and shots and CCC. But not nearly with as much as I do at home. And I tend to draw so many games since the computer needs about 2 shots to create a goal and I need about 10. But it's seriously annoying considering how I batter teams at home. Usually I end up playing my home tactics away but that doesn't work either. Any tips?
Depends on the opponents formation, but more direct play and setting couple of your players in advanced positions.

Meller

Depends on the opponents formation, but more direct play and setting couple of your players in advanced positions.
I've been playing with a higher tempo away. What do you mean with advanced positions? Should I play more attacking away from home?

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
I've been playing with a higher tempo away. What do you mean with advanced positions? Should I play more attacking away from home?
What is your formation?
If in a must win away match, watch on comprehensive mode. Having a counter formation helps if the other team is defensive so as to make them commit forward. By advanced position, beside the forwward staying higher up, i keep one of my wingers a bit wider as well to make runs outwide if midfield is packed. Use player instructions to good effect.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They have 10 men: Your team struggle to break them down no matter how much time is left. Might scrape a goal.

You are down to 10 men: YOU HAVE NO PLAYERS. FLOODGATES STATUS = OPEN.

Raptori

Special needs
They have 10 men: Your team struggle to break them down no matter how much time is left. Might scrape a goal.

You are down to 10 men: YOU HAVE NO PLAYERS. FLOODGATES STATUS = OPEN.
Seems legit. Is there a problem there? I don't see it. :confused:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Seems legit. Is there a problem there? I don't see it. :confused:
Whenever a team I'm playing goes down to ten men, I struggle to score against them which is fine. However when it happens to my team like just now, the opposition just score freely no matter what I do to tighten things up. Just had a player sent off on 46 minutes and by 52 minutes they'd scored 3, it's bollocks.

Raptori

Special needs
Whenever a team I'm playing goes down to ten men, I struggle to score against them which is fine. However when it happens to my team like just now, the opposition just score freely no matter what I do to tighten things up. Just had a player sent off on 46 minutes and by 52 minutes they'd scored 3, it's bollocks.
Lol I know, it's pretty ridiculous. Can't stand it when it's so biased like that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Top of the league in late December. Only lost one game so far, conceded 12 goals.

6 - 1 loss to Liverpool. Let in half of the goals I'd let in in the first 17 games. F*cking stupid game! Makes no sense.

LeftyBlaster

He is quite good on right & left (IF). He might as well be considering how bad Di maria has been for me on the IF role. Was so close to getting Sterling for 48mill but Di maria got a new lease in the AP midfield role. Great for long crosses from midfield.
I've never tried him as an IF yet! He's on my right with Nani giving fierce competition (revived his career post loan), and Ribeiro and Di Maria on the left.

Raptori

Special needs
Hatem Ben Arfa is available on a free at the start of the season? Even though he's an ass, he's a quality player. Similar to Nani - those two on either wing is surely worth it, since they're both essentially free for United? :D

Raptori

Special needs
Wouldn't bother with him for United, but a step lower and he's a cracking signing.
Maybe, though I'm thinking as a second choice winger he'd be great. Depay, Nani, Ben Arfa, Januzaj sounds pretty decent to me. Room to improve it if someone comes in for Nani/Ben Arfa after a season or two, but good enough to begin with to play 433 without having to spend on a mediocre backup. :)

Raptori

Special needs
Yeah, he'd be grand for rotation, but I tend to have prospects as second choice players.
Yeah I usually do too, might make an exception in his case because he's fairly good, free, and because Depay is so young. Annoys me when the backups are too close to the age of the first team players. :p