Gaming Football Manager 2015

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
So I bought the game...

Currently with Napoli, they have a shit academy and I'm in the process of getting it improved. Oh, and I have promised the board and my two best players Hamsik and Higuain I'd get them into the CL. Is it 3rd place in Italy?

stepic

So will this game work ok on one of those new MacBooks? Or would a MacBook Pro be a better purchase?

Patchbeard

So I bought the game...

Currently with Napoli, they have a shit academy and I'm in the process of getting it improved. Oh, and I have promised the board and my two best players Hamsik and Higuain I'd get them into the CL. Is it 3rd place in Italy?
Yep CL is 3rd in Italy. You should have no problem though, the standard of the league is fairly dire, including AC and Inter being realistically rubbish, AC Milan almost got relegated first season on my save. I've managed 82 and 99 points with Torino, though Juventus have pipped me to the title both times. But anything other than 2nd and you've failed I'm afraid.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Yep CL is 3rd in Italy. You should have no problem though, the standard of the league is fairly dire, including AC and Inter being realistically rubbish, AC Milan almost got relegated first season on my save. I've managed 82 and 99 points with Torino, though Juventus have pipped me to the title both times. But anything other than 2nd and you've failed I'm afraid.
Yeah, I'm on an amazing run so far, currently in 2nd place! I need to overhaul the defence and bring in some AM reinforcements in january and next summer though.

Spielmacher

A friend of mine just sent me this screen from his game. :lol:

Also, BVB knocked out Bayern in the quarter-final of the CL.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why does it seem impossible to keep match fitness at 100% between games?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Have my spring break coming up from Thursday. Don't go back to uni till the 13th April :eek:

Hope to put some serious FM time in :drool:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
feck me look at my schedule in March and April:

8th - PSG (A)
11th - City (H)
18th - Chelsea (A)
Intl break
1st - Tottenham (H)
8th - Liverpool (A)
12th - Bayern (A)
15th - Chelsea (N)
18th - Bayern (H)

My UCL this year is fecked up. I had Barca in the group stages, PSG in the first knockout round and Bayern in the QF.
Update on this shit. I won the PL, CC and FA Cup. I beat Bayern in the QF and Roma in the semis of the UCL and lost to fecking Liverpool in the finals.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Can you put up your tactics screen? I have been using only wideplay formations till now. Will be interesting to try a narrow one.

It's an early version of one of FM-base, the creator completely changed the formation but I'd already brought the players so just tweaked it here and there an it's been excellent for 2 seasons.

Patchbeard

FM fecking underrates Rooney, at very least he's far quicker than they give him credit for, that counter....
Yep. Never scored less than double figures for us in the league IRL. I've never seen him score double figures in the league on FM.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Schalke are amazing pick in this game. Having been bored with my United save where I won everything in sight for 3 seasons in a row I have started a new game with Schalke.

They have £20m to spend on players at the beginning but I managed to sell Howedes for £15m, Boateng for £17m and Huntelaar for £22m, as well as some fringe players like Aogo, Clemens etc. for all right prices. I've replaced them all with young players - Tielemans, Mitrovic, Sule, Firmino, Aurier, Shaqiri, Willems, Erkin, Cilessen, Schar and Wellington Nem.

I don't think I will be able to win the title in my first season, top 4 finish and a strong CL run is what I aim for realistically. My team is full of 18- and 19-year olds (Goretzka, Meyer, Sane, Sule, Tielemans, Mitrovic are all younger than 20 and play a lot) and players in the very early 20s (Papadopoulos, Schare, Erkin, Aurier, Draxler, Firmino, Shaqiri etc). I want them to play good football and express themselves, I still have £12m in the budget I could use towards improving the squad. I think I want to buy Geis but I have no idea where to play him, Goretzka, Neustadter and Tielemans occupy the same places.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Schalke are mental, just a shame you're stuck with Donis Avdijaj on loan. Probably one of the best strikers in the game, would want him getting first team minutes straight away.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I've been thinking of getting onto FM for a while, I've never played it though so I'd be a total newbie. How well does this operate on Macbook Airs?

Sarni

Schalke are mental, just a shame you're stuck with Donis Avdijaj on loan. Probably one of the best strikers in the game, would want him getting first team minutes straight away.
No I'm not. I have him in my team, although he doesn't play much because Mitrovic is my first choice (excellent record so far).

Sold Sam in January, didn't really need him. Matip too. If I can get rid of Choupo-Moting I'll be great. I only want the true gems from the original squad - Draxler, Meyer, Goretzka, the rest I want to sell and replace with young and beautiful players.

I've won my CL group and will play PSG in last 16. Tough luck playing a team this good this early into the competition.

Lay

Schalke might be where I start my next save. Was thinking Wolfsburg but Schalke have so much young talent.

Might make them solely German players too.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Getting easy again with my United save, although Falcao is getting old so it will be interesting to see if the wonderkid I've been training to replace him can do it seamlessly.

1:De Gea
2:Rafael
5:Balanta
6:Jones
3:Shaw
4:Martinez
8:Strootman
10:Mata
7:Reus
11:Neymar
9:Falcao

12:Rojo
13:Rocha
14:Blind
15:Januzaj
16:Tielemans
17:Fierro
18:Gaucho (regen)

I haven't lost a single home game in 4 years and I'm unbeaten in the league for 40 games.

Sarni

Having young team has its good and bad sides, finished 4th and had a great campaign in CL where I lost 3-2 on aggregate to Real Madrid (0-1 at home, 2-2 at Bernabeu despire being 2-1 up an through after 80 minutes). I bought Hojbjerg and Jese and sold some deadwood, my oldest player is 26 and the average age of my first team is around 20.

I drew City in CL playoffs and thought it would be a hard battle, endes up 3-1 at home and 4-0 win at Etihad. Beat Bayern 6-0 at home in the league but then lost to Mainz and Hertha, this team is still way too inconsistent but it will come with age. I basically have two very good footballers for each position so future looks bright.

RDCR07

How is Dorian Romatriu? He is playing for Lille and they want 70m for him.

Edit. feck him. I got Gotze for 35m instead.

RDCR07

Rooney

Depay-----Kovacic-----Gotze

Lucas Silva-----Lars Bender

Shaw-----Balanta-----Jones-----Rafael

De Gea

Hernandez

Januzaj-----Mata-----Zaha

Tielemans-----Gundogan

Blind-----Rojo-----Smalling-----Richards

Savic​

In my 4th season now with United. Zaha is a beast for me. Scored 3 goals and had 14 assists in the 1st season and scored 14 goals and had 17 assists in his second.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Sick of the bullshit collapses in this game. Happens to me in all the cups, just lost 3-2 to City after dominating the 1st half an then the 2nd half consisted of my team standing around not doing a lot.

LeftyBlaster

Does anyone have any bogey teams? Southampton seem to wreck me. Be it due to goalkeeping or defensive errors or my team just deciding not to turn up despite being on a red hot run. The computer just kills me with them.

Lay

What's with the high amount of shots? Just had 43 shots in the champions league final. Chelsea had 3.

The more I play the more I want to go back to FM14.