Gaming Football Manager 2016

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
What I really hate about managing a small club in great form is that clubs are coming in for every single of one my players, and everyone gets pissed off when I reject the low, terrible offers. If I have to pay silly sums for any player, why should not the AI pay up? And the moral plummets and the results suffer.. :mad:

Cina

He's great, but I'd prefer Lukaku to be honest.
Lukaku has underwhelmed for me. maybe a 1 in 3 ratio and gets injured quite a bit. I'm using him as a support target man, also tried complete forward. Any better suggestions?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Advanced Forward was working for me, with two wingers flanking him. Crossing to a target man seems to be way overpowered in this years version so far.

Minkaro

Lukaku has underwhelmed for me. maybe a 1 in 3 ratio and gets injured quite a bit. I'm using him as a support target man, also tried complete forward. Any better suggestions?
I'm using him as an advanced forward in a 4-2-3-1

Looking at his bio, he's got 118 goals in 113 league appearances. 175 in 177 overall.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
First season at united. Is Kane worth buying?
He's good but Martial is the best younger striker IMO, then Berardi, then Aboubaker, then Lukaku, and then kane after all those. Of the one's I've had that is possible to buy obviously. Kane and Lukaku cost about 3 times more then Berardi and Aboubaker as well.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Totally dismantled the united squad in my first season:

Out
Rooney
Carrick
Fellaini
Blind
Young
Valdes
Lingard
Romero
Total: 93million

In
Tielemans
Ruben Neves
Lucas Romero
Angel Correa
Gabriel Barbosa
John Stones
Kuki - back on loan
Mammana - back on loan
Zach Clough - back on loan
Neufville - back on loan
Nyambe - back on loan
Total: 129million

Last edited:

Loon

:lol:
Can I turn the fancy graphics option off and still be able to play this on an older (2010) computer?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Anyone got any strikerless formations?

I like to mix things up and normally adopt a possession and pressing heavy 3-3-1-3 / 3-1-3-3 / 3-2-1-3-1 variations but I'm thinking about a 4-1-2-3-0 formation of the following...

---------------SK(S)--------------
WB(A)--BPD(C)--BPD(S)--WB(A)
--------------AM(D)--------------
WP(S)----------------------WP(S)
---------T(A)-AP(S)-T(A)---------
------------------------------------

Just wondered if anyone else has experimented with this sort of hipster way?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Do you have to start a new game for the player faces and badges to take effect?
Don't think so mate. Preferences > Interface > Then click clear cache and have 'use caching...' and 'reload skin' options ticked in the Appearance section. Confirm and it should work.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Don't think so mate. Preferences > Interface > Then click clear cache and have 'use caching...' and 'reload skin' options ticked in the Appearance section. Confirm and it should work.
Ah okay. Is that after i replace all the folders like that site says i have to after downloading the patch?

wr8_utd

:'(
Am I the only one who doesn't buy anyone in the first window? Seems more fun and realistic that way. Rooney is really struggling for me and his finishing is way off. Martial and Depay are doing very well. Martial started doing especially well once I moved him to the left wing where he could use his dribbling skills.
This FM is definitely more difficult than previous versions.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Am I the only one who doesn't buy anyone in the first window? Seems more fun and realistic that way. Rooney is really struggling for me and his finishing is way off. Martial and Depay are doing very well. Martial started doing especially well once I moved him to the left wing where he could use his dribbling skills.
This FM is definitely more difficult than previous versions.
:smirk:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I'm definitely finding it harder this year. I usually try to dominate games, and I'm not happy with a tactic until I have ~60% possession with a good amount of chances and hardly any CCCs against. However, this year I can get the ~60% possession without much bother, but scoring goals is a problem then.

What tactics are all you playing?

paulscholes18

Won La Liga us, Barcelona and Real Madrid all ended on 80 points, due to my better head to head record I won the league. I did win it sooner then I would have liked, as I wanted to build a winning side in a few seasons not that I'm complaining. I had the joint best defence record with Barcelona (27) and 2nd highest scorers (69)

Top goal scorer, Jackson Martinez 22
Most Assists Koke 15

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'm definitely finding it harder this year. I usually try to dominate games, and I'm not happy with a tactic until I have ~60% possession with a good amount of chances and hardly any CCCs against. However, this year I can get the ~60% possession without much bother, but scoring goals is a problem then.

What tactics are all you playing?
I've just got this but I'm enjoying my balls to the wall 4-2-4 so far. Dominating most games, but when it goes wrong it tends to go spectacularly wrong. Need to iron out the spontaneous collapses and I'll be laughing

Adcuth

Starting my first game tonight (got the game for crimbo). Thinking of eiher starting with a mid table prem club or a championship one, any tips? Was thinking of Everton, Stoke or maybe Boro.

Not gonna go straight in at Utd like i normally do, wanna see if i can get them interested in me first.

Bestie07

Just got this game. Can anyone tell me the difference between starting the game in Football Manager or Football Manager Touch mode. The last FM I played was FM'11 and don't remember it having something like this.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Lost my first game away to Arsenal 3-0 :( was using the formation LVG is using pretty much. The tactic worked wonders in FM14 but didn't play fm15 at all so not sure if its too outdated.

Signed Kane, Embolo, Fernandes whose some right back I've never heard of (anyone else signed him?), some wonderkid amc who was recommended to me (antic?) and thats it. Trying to bring a centre back in and maybe Bazoer next season.

Anybody manage to sign Laporte? As ive spanked all my budget im having offers of £45m over 4 years rejected, haha. Sule? Anyone else?

Last edited:

Nickosaur

Anybody manage to sign Laporte? As ive spanked all my budget im having offers of £45m over 4 years rejected, haha. Sule? Anyone else?
Laporte didn't want to move from Bilbao in my first season. Had an offer accepted for Stones but he chose Arsenal. Managed to get Daniele Rugani from Juve for about £25m. Rated slightly lower than Jones and Smalling at first but halfway through the season he's now pretty much first choice, and has similar potential to Stones and Laporte.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Rugani for 25m is a steal, usually Real Madrid pinch him and that's that.

Romagnoli is worth a punt too, can be one of the best CB's in the game, though I think you have to wait until season 2.

Giggsy92

Mata and Shaw seem to be the pick of the United players on this. Sold Fellaini, Young and Rojo and signed Berardi, Barbosa, Laporte, Zivkovic and Mammana, put my faith in Rooney as my main striker and he's actually been pretty decent so far. I'm really struggling to beat the lesser teams at home though, so far I've dropped points to Bournemouth, Leicester and West Brom and only just beat Southampton, West Ham and Villa... Fair to say the new match engine takes a bit of getting used to.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finally took over United, after going from Fulham, to Stoke, Sevilla, Everton, Barca, Bayern and now United. Somehow, United haven't won a trophy since fergie tired (it's 2020 now).
Only signed Stones and Kingsley Coman and then a few youngsters, seeing as the squad left behind was pretty stacked. Martial, Berardi, Lukaku, Felipe Anderson, Oliver, Romagnoli, Smalling, De Gea, Shaw, Mario Fernandes, Delle Alli, Herrera, Januzaj and others. Feck knows how they missed out on the top 4 twice and just barely finished top 4 three times in those 5 seasons.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I was trying a youth only save in Bulgaria, but it's fecked, Chairman kept selling my key players. Got promoted to the top division, but lost my best players, gutted as it was going so well.

Managed to win the 2nd div though, despite lots of injuries, suspensions and a mad chairman, including my reserves I more often than not only had 4 players on the bench. :lol:

Art Vandelay

Lost my first game away to Arsenal 3-0 :( was using the formation LVG is using pretty much. The tactic worked wonders in FM14 but didn't play fm15 at all so not sure if its too outdated.

Signed Kane, Embolo, Fernandes whose some right back I've never heard of (anyone else signed him?), some wonderkid amc who was recommended to me (antic?) and thats it. Trying to bring a centre back in and maybe Bazoer next season.

Laporte is available for about £50m in mine, he asks for ridiculous wages though. Stones has a release clause of around £47m, dunno if he starts with it or if he just had it added to a contract, but I trigged it with £47m over a couple of seasons bid.