Gaming Football Manager 2016

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So my Boro save is going well. I got promoted first season on the last day. Stuani scored 30 goals, he's an absolute beast.

Now I'm in the Prem and sitting 8th after 6 games. Made some great buys for cheap, like Bony for 10m and Mangala for 8m. Albert Adomah is like my Antonio Valencia, just speeds down the wing and whips in crosses.

EDIT: Just beat City 2 - 1 away from home too :D

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

I'm thinking about selling Pogba even though he is my best player simply because he is such a disruption. He bitched and moaned when Schweinsteiger was homesick, even after everyone else calmed down, he's been bitching about a lack of first team games despite the fact it's January and he's played well over 20 matches which is way more than any other midfielder. Now Real Madrid have bid £66m for him(£30m less than I paid for him) and he's bitching because he wants to go there for first team football. Nothing I ever say shuts him up either, I'm beyond fed up with him but he's by far my best player.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Finally took over United, after going from Fulham, to Stoke, Sevilla, Everton, Barca, Bayern and now United. Somehow, United haven't won a trophy since fergie tired (it's 2020 now).
Only signed Stones and Kingsley Coman and then a few youngsters, seeing as the squad left behind was pretty stacked. Martial, Berardi, Lukaku, Felipe Anderson, Oliver, Romagnoli, Smalling, De Gea, Shaw, Mario Fernandes, Delle Alli, Herrera, Januzaj and others. Feck knows how they missed out on the top 4 twice and just barely finished top 4 three times in those 5 seasons.
You've managed 7 clubs in 5 seasons? Blimey.

Carl

Surprisingly, I'm walking the league with United despite not really doing all that much in the market. Signed Stones, Grealish and Barbosa although only Stones is in my first team. Main 11 is:

De Gea
Darmian Stones Jones Shaw
Bastian
Herrera Fellaini
Mata ------------------ Memphis
Martial​

Carl

Randomly, on the last day of the August window, PSG came in with a 30mil offer for Blind. Was laughing all the way to the bank with that one.

Try as I might I couldn't shift Valencia, Rojo or Romero though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You've managed 7 clubs in 5 seasons? Blimey.
Yeah just changed clubs every year since I wanted to get to united before players like martial got old. Was going to stay at Everton longer but then barca offered the job so I took it, and then barca and Bayern are a bit boring because its too easy with them. Then the first season was half Fulham and half stoke. Really it's 6 in 5 seasons, with me taking over United for the 6th year.

Carl

Yeah just changed clubs every year since I wanted to get to united before players like martial got old. Was going to stay at Everton longer but then barca offered the job so I took it, and then barca and Bayern are a bit boring because its too easy with them. Then the first season was half Fulham and half stoke. Really it's 6 in 5 seasons, with me taking over United for the 6th year.
How were you even getting the job offers like that so soon? Summat to do with what you set your reputation as or something?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How were you even getting the job offers like that so soon? Summat to do with what you set your reputation as or something?
Won the Europa league with Sevilla and Everton which enhanced it enough I guess to get barca where I won the treble. Stoke to sevilla wad the biggest surprise probably, though they had a bit of a shit year before I took over, just finishing barely in Europa places. Then after that, barca, Bayern and united just lined up one after the other so I kept taking them.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
God i'm really getting fecked off with this game. After a superb start to the season in August i managed to get my entire defence injured. Shaw, Smalling, Blind, Jones, Darmian. My back ups were injured - Stones, Fernandez and Rojo. I then obviously go on a horrendous run of form, my players are so low on morale. I lost to Chelsea, my first champions league game and now can't hold onto a lead.

Why is it that attempting to control a game away from results in instantly conceding? Every time in FM14 if i controlled an away game i would go 1-0 down and then 2-0 down inside 20 minutes, and its the same here. In a game i started off on Balanced, by 60th minute there was no highlights so i clicked control. Immediately there was a highlight where i conceded. It happened a second time too.

Struggling to settle on a formation due to injuries in defence. I have been trying 424 but my full backs are getting no help even with playing two defensive minded midfielders covering them. Even if i play one upfront my defence always seems to be outnumbered.

Ideally i would play 4231 but away from home it just doesn't work. I concede a lot of goals from balls being passed around my box. Its doing my nut in!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Where did you get the game from?
Where I always get fm from :)

I solved, it btw. Deleting the cache and preferences folders does the trick.

Gone overboard this time. Running to saves - one with Bournmouth and one with United.

wr8_utd

:'(
You guys should just buy it on steam. It's just 1.2k right now and totally worth it.

Minkaro

I just made it to the CL final, and got the message about it.

Except the message says that we have found ourselves one step away from glory "thanks largely to the performances of Romelu Lukaku and Neymar."

Now, Lukaku I can understand, with 11 goals in 11 games in the competition, but Neymar I signed in January, and couldn't register. He must be making up some absolutely incredible chants.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Got bored of my United save and started an Everton save.

Got a settled side and sitting 3rd in the league in December. Managed to sell Stones to United for £60million. Also lost Jagielka to Chelsea, but got nearly £10million for him which I couldn't reject.

Howard
Coleman Mori Dragovic Baines
S.Bender McCarthy
Mirallas Barkley Deulofeu
Lukaku

I rejected bids for Barkley and Lukaku so I expect teams to come back in for them. Hopefully I'll get CL football and can persuade them to stay.

paulscholes18

FFS I was not paying any attention to the game (to busy watching Klaasen vs Taylor) and Koke has gone to City for £43 mill (his release clause), and there is no other player in the game can play As a wide playmaker

And I have only been given 24 mil to spend

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Started a United save the other day and just finished my first season. Absolutely Moyesed it and finished 6th, although unlike The Chosen One I was repeatedly praised for my attacking style and only finished a point off 4th.

Given the expectations the board weren't particularly pleased with me and asked me why I should keep my job. I told them the upheaval would be bad for the squad and I just needed more time. They lapped it up and said I needed 10 points from my next 5 games, which suits me because there aren't any games until next season now.

I managed to get knocked out of the league cup in the 4th round by letting in two stoppage time goals to throw away a 2-1 lead at home against Sheffield fecking Wednesday. I came second in my CL group containing Shakhtar, PSV and Gent, losing top spot after throwing away a 2-1 lead at home to PSV in the last game even though they had bugger all to play for. I then drew Bayern in the last 16 and lost 1-0 on aggregate.

I got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round by Sheffield fecking Wednesday away. I rage quit the first time because I somehow ended up 5-0 down at half time. When I played again I let in a last minute winner to lose two one which was far more palatable.

Needed to beat Southampton away on the last day to have a chance at 4th. Went 2-0 down after 15 minutes and couldn't pull one back before half time. Gave them a bollocking and fired them up for the second half only to let in another within a minute of the restart. Pulled one back on 50 minutes and gave them some encouragement from the sidelines. Darmian took it far too seriously and got himself sent off on 55 minutes. Somehow made it 3-2 on 75 minutes but couldn't find the breakthrough needed to complete the job.

All in all I'm amazed I'm still in a job. I did manage to go unbeaten at home in the league, but I also managed to lose 3-0 away to a shite Villa side that couldn't buy a win and ended up finishing 20th, and 6-4 away to a shit Newcastle side that scraped 16th.

I did manage to ship Fellaini off to Chelsea and Valdes to Norwich, and now they're letting me stay I should be able to get rid of Valencia, Romero and either Rojo or Jones. I brought in Laporte, William Carvalho and some Danish wonderkid in January, and I'm hoping to add Barkley and possibly Griezmann to the squad in the summer.

Very pleased that Wilson and Martial got 20 goals each over the season, Memphis and Rooney chipped in with 16 a piece as well. Shame we conceded an absolute shit ton. Darmian was an assist machine as a wing back and finished on 19 which was pretty pleasing too.

iammemphis

Quick question. When i started my first game i messed up putting players on transfer lists and not talking to players etc so i restarted. That game i felt guilty because i became another club to buy my players for decent money and players of theirs i wanted.

So my third save after all this time of just wanting to play the game (after setting up all my scouts and tactics and buying some of the players i wanted) i noticed that i gad set my age so that i was 74 Is this likely to come back on me? Like forced retirement or something.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Does anyone have a basic guide to starting off with United?

Which players are good? Which are rubbish and can be sold? Which positions to buy? Any cheap wonderkids available?

Maxii

Paad
Randomly, on the last day of the August window, PSG came in with a 30mil offer for Blind. Was laughing all the way to the bank with that one.

Try as I might I couldn't shift Valencia, Rojo or Romero though.
I was the same and was very tempted but I turned it down. He's just so versatile with the amount of positons he can play in to cover injuries and tired players.

Art Vandelay

Blind is very good for tutoring younger players too given his professional attitude and high mental attributes. I eventually sold him to Juve for £40m when he was third or fourth choice in all his positions.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Where can I get the add on for English league expansion? Need the one which top 9/10 leagues

Giggsy92

Quick question. When i started my first game i messed up putting players on transfer lists and not talking to players etc so i restarted. That game i felt guilty because i became another club to buy my players for decent money and players of theirs i wanted.

So my third save after all this time of just wanting to play the game (after setting up all my scouts and tactics and buying some of the players i wanted) i noticed that i gad set my age so that i was 74 Is this likely to come back on me? Like forced retirement or something.
Nah you'll be fine, think I read that you stop getting older once you hit 100 but there's no forced retirement or anything like that.

iammemphis

Nah you'll be fine, think I read that you stop getting older once you hit 100 but there's no forced retirement or anything like that.
Cool cheers. Would have preffered a pottechino style persona when dealing with players but will have to settle for piss smelling, annoying grandad vibe instead.

Giggsy92

Does anyone have a basic guide to starting off with United?

Which players are good? Which are rubbish and can be sold? Which positions to buy? Any cheap wonderkids available?
Beasts:
Shaw
Mata
Memphis
Martial
De Gea

Good enough:
Smalling
Darmian
Blind
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Herrera
Rooney
Wilson

The rest you can probably do without, everyone seems to sell Valencia but he was a great impact sub for me. You probably want to be looking to sign a centre-back and some attacking options.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Beasts:
Shaw
Mata
Memphis
Martial
De Gea

Good enough:
Smalling
Darmian
Blind
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Herrera
Rooney
Wilson

The rest you can probably do without, everyone seems to sell Valencia but he was a great impact sub for me. You probably want to be looking to sign a centre-back and some attacking options.
Jones should be in there somewhere, despite being slightly injury prone, he's a better full back than Darmian.

Giggsy92

Jones should be in there somewhere, despite being slightly injury prone, he's a better full back than Darmian.
He was crap for me whenever I played him at full-back, had to drag him off at half-time a couple of times... Solid enough at centre back though so yeah probably worth keeping.

iammemphis

Half way through my first united season and by far my best resident performers are Martial, De Gea, Herrera, Darmian, Shaw and Depay.

Mata is "meh" for me. Smalling is good. Embolo and Kane have been incredible signings though. And Stones is pretty solid once he settles aswell.

NinjaFletch

Darmain turns into one of the best full-backs in the game.

Unfortunately he's just retired on my game so I can't show you his stats. But under the AI manager he played 40+ games a season every season until he left for Everton in 2023/24

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Darmain turns into one of the best full-backs in the game.

Unfortunately he's just retired on my game so I can't show you his stats. But under the AI manager he played 40+ games a season every season until he left for Everton in 2023/24
Never seen or had him develop into anything more than decent to good, certainly not one of the best.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Thanks guys.

I've offered out Fellaini, Rojo and Valdes. Only got offers for Valdes.

Trying to sign Mammana, Bartra, Embolo and Gabriel. Sound good?

Art Vandelay

Darmian was good for me, but Rafael is better and Victor a better prospect so I just sold him for £30m to Barca. Leaves me with no cover for Shaw and Jorge at leftback though as Darmian could play both. Fullbacks seem to easily get consistently high ratings, dunno if it's just easier for them this year or it's my system. I've noticed mine get a lot of assists. About 80% of Gabigols goals seem to come from Shaw/Jorge bombing down the left and whipping it into him at the back post.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yeah, it's all the crossing assists, especially if you play wingbacks. Usually have a setup where one of my backs is the leading assist maker in the club, if not the league.

NinjaFletch

Darmian was good for me, but Rafael is better and Victor a better prospect so I just sold him for £30m to Barca. Leaves me with no cover for Shaw and Jorge at leftback though as Darmian could play both. Fullbacks seem to easily get consistently high ratings, dunno if it's just easier for them this year or it's my system. I've noticed mine get a lot of assists. About 80% of Gabigols goals seem to come from Shaw/Jorge bombing down the left and whipping it into him at the back post.
Think its just because the ME in this edition is ridiculously skewed in favour of goals from crosses, so a fullback with the license to get forward will set up shit loads of chances and goals.

Art Vandelay

That sounds about right, since I stopped trying to maintain possession and working the ball into the box in favour of overlapping fullbacks whipping in crosses we've gone from struggling to score to hammering teams.