Gaming Football Manager 2016

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
When at the international jobs likely to pop up. Jamaica is the only one for a year or so

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Getting to the stage where my Man Utd career is just too easy.

De Gea, Jedvaj, Stones, Allen (World class regen), Shaw, Costa (world class regen), Pogba, Bernardo, Virgo (world class regen), Depay, Martial.

Won the league 5 years in a row and I'm 20 points clear in January now.

Varun

Staff
Getting to the stage where my Man Utd career is just too easy.

De Gea, Jedvaj, Stones, Allen (World class regen), Shaw, Costa (world class regen), Pogba, Bernardo, Virgo (world class regen), Depay, Martial.

Won the league 5 years in a row and I'm 20 points clear in January now.
Why don't you move to a new club? Can't imagine playing a save this long when it's so boring.

Norris

I asked this in the newbie forum, but got promoted before I got a reply, but does someone have a working Link/Torrent for this ? With Real names and everything ?
Thanks in advance.

Rake

I asked this in the newbie forum, but got promoted before I got a reply, but does someone have a working Link/Torrent for this ? With Real names and everything ?
Thanks in advance.
As far as I`m aware there is no working torrent yet... They are fake names and the biggest problem - bancrupcy...

What i did was to buy a shared account for 2 quid... What you do is log into the account and play the game in offline mode. It is 100% genuine, you still get all the updates from SI. Quite better than messing around with buggy releases.

Norris

As far as I`m aware there is no working torrent yet... They are fake names and the biggest problem - bancrupcy...

What i did was to buy a shared account for 2 quid... What you do is log into the account and play the game in offline mode. It is 100% genuine, you still get all the updates from SI. Quite better than messing around with buggy releases.
That's a bummer! By a shared account, do you mean a shared Steam account ?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What is it btw? :lol:
Ahahah, it's great.

If you've ever done Fantasy Football, it uses a similar team-building system to that - as in you all have a set budget (£250m), and each player has their own price. For reference, Ronaldo and Messi are £65m each. We will take turns picking players one at a time until we have an 18-25 man squad. We will then play against each others' teams in either a league or knockout tournament.

Make sense? :)

Varun

Staff
Ahahah, it's great.

If you've ever done Fantasy Football, it uses a similar team-building system to that - as in you all have a set budget (£250m), and each player has their own price. For reference, Ronaldo and Messi are £65m each. We will take turns picking players one at a time until we have an 18-25 man squad. We will then play against each others' teams in either a league or knockout tournament.

Make sense? :)
Got it. Not for now, I'll only be starting the game once I get home from work tonight.

Will be up for those own created player career things we do here if someone is willing to run one.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
8 league titles in a row, but didnt manage to win the CL until my 6th season! I've made 5 final apperances in 8 seasons though, damn Barca.

Art Vandelay

I think the AI is seriously just taking the piss out of me. Post/Pre-season is just a bloody nightmare now, for some reason as soon as the season ends players that were willing to sign for me lose all interest and then it just keeps spamming me with stupidly low bids for my own players. If a player is valued at £22m, why the feck would I sell him to Arsenal for £8m when he's not even transfer listed?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Got it. Not for now, I'll only be starting the game once I get home from work tonight.

Will be up for those own created player career things we do here if someone is willing to run one.
That's cool, good luck with the first save. If nobody runs one I may have a go at some point.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What's the best way to sell players? Completely unable to sell any of my players at United. No one seems to want Fellaini or Rojo even when I'm offering them out below their price.

Varun

Staff
What's the best way to sell players? Completely unable to sell any of my players at United. No one seems to want Fellaini or Rojo even when I'm offering them out below their price.
Just sold Fellaini for 20mil. Ha. You have to offer them very early on in the window when clubs are loaded.

Edit: corrected amount.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
I have signed embolo, Tielemans and barbosa so far. All for the future, don't want to change the first team this season.

Might buy stones. Laporte doesn't want to come the cnut.

Varun

Staff
In:

Embolo 14.25mil
Barbosa 10.75mil
Kane 42mil
Tielemans 20.5mil

Out:
Fellaini 20mil
Rooney 35.5mil

Art Vandelay

I sold Berrardi as he was missing huge chunks of every season with injury, he missed 69% of last season. Replaced him with Bernardo Silva. I've had him 7 months and he's managed to get 4 injuries already, the shortest of which was 3 weeks. Zivkovic was the same, I think it's my right wing position that's cursed. Barbosa is the only one that's able to survive out there. Rafael, Jones and McNair are all rated as very injury prone, they have had 2 injuries between them in 3 seasons.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I'm starting to realise why Van Gaal is playing Rooney as much as he is doing! Martial is currently 21 goals away from Sir Bobbys record and despite having better strikers, I simply feel like I HAVE to keep playing him. I really want to have a player beat the record during my reign :D

De Gea is 31 and only 200 or so league games behind Giggs record.. might be harder to achieve :lol:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
In:

Embolo 14.25mil
Barbosa 10.75mil
Kane 42mil
Tielemans 20.5mil

Out:
Fellaini 20mil
Rooney 35.5mil
Wish I could get those kind of offers for Fellaini and Rooney. Both currently transfer listed and causing morale problems

Depay has 20 goals for me and its only January

Varun

Staff
Wish I could get those kind of offers for Fellaini and Rooney. Both currently transfer listed and causing morale problems

Depay has 20 goals for me and its only January
You have to sell them as soon as the window opens mate as that's when the clubs have cash. That's how I got rid of Fellaini. Rooney and Kane deals were in the last week. Sold Rooney to Arsenal after the deal for Kane was accepted.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
You have to sell them as soon as the window opens mate as that's when the clubs have cash. That's how I got rid of Fellaini. Rooney and Kane deals were in the last week. Sold Rooney to Arsenal after the deal for Kane was accepted.
Yeah I transfer listed them too late. Chelsea are interested in Rooney and Spurs for Fellaini but they aren't making any bids. Selling players in this game is still too annoying, why can't I just start a dialogue with other clubs and talk about a price

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Depay is so overrated that its ruining my save. He's at 25 goals in 30 games but in real life he can't even run

Ryan7

I need to get back on it, but how do you guys watch the matches? I have this, annoying, trait where I feel I must watch the entirety of the matches (on fast forward) so I can truly see who did well and who did bad. It's what puts me off playing and why I've never properly played it since FM 12 (when I'd watch the full matches). I'm such a sad bastard.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I need to get back on it, but how do you guys watch the matches? I have this, annoying, trait where I feel I must watch the entirety of the matches (on fast forward) so I can truly see who did well and who did bad. It's what puts me off playing. I'm such a sad bastard.
Always just do key highlights, full speed, 2d dots on split view, no replays. Shows enough really.

Ryan7

Always just do key highlights, full speed, 2d dots on split view, no replays. Shows enough really.
Thanks. I'll give that a go. Do you check player stats at the end to see if anybody has played particularly poor?

bosnian_red

Thanks. I'll give that a go. Do you check player stats at the end to see if anybody has played particularly poor?
Well it gives you their ratings at the end of the game and during it, so I can make a substitution based on that or what not.
Every now and then I go into the analysis bit just to see things like how many passes each player had, how many dribbles, how many shots, etc. Mainly out of curiosity though.

Varun

Staff
3d on extended. Of you don't watch, you can't tweak things as required. Switch to key when I have a 2 goal lead.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In:

Embolo 14.25mil
Barbosa 10.75mil
Kane 42mil
Tielemans 20.5mil

Out:
Fellaini 20mil
Rooney 35.5mil
You didn't get the best two I told you about !

Is Memphis good for anyone? Almost 2 seasons gone, and he's still wank.

Varun

Staff

I had already spent all my money by then. Also got zivkovic for 750k.

Is the finishing ridiculously shit for everyone? Insane amount of chances missed every game.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007

Sold him for 60 to psg. No matter where I played him he was class. Mainly left winger. Or right inside forward.

bosnian_red

3d on extended. Of you don't watch, you can't tweak things as required. Switch to key when I have a 2 goal lead.
I generally have 2 formations that I adjust based on the match stats, and it usually has the desired effect (either in creating clear cut chances or actually scoring). Either that or just subs if I'm being unlucky. Don't think that using longer match highlights would change anything. And the 2d is because I like leaving most of it to the imagination, and since the 3D still looks pretty shite.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Won the PL with Everton in the first season.

Got job interview offers from Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Want the United job but they seem happy to keep LvG even though they finished 5th...sounds familiar.

Jonno

I've moved Leo Messi to Chorley who are in the bottom league, made him 20 years old, put him on a £1 per week contract for 15 years, and arranged him to re-sign for Barca in 2030 - meaning I'll never get a single offer off any clubs in his 15 year career here, and I'm going to see how quickly we can get up the leagues with him

1st season and he scored 50 and assisted 26 as we won the league with 98 points.