Gaming Football Manager 2016

Giggsy92

Got bored of United after one season so started what will hopefully be a long term save with Moyola Park in Northern Ireland, pretty challenging when the highest contract I can offer a player is a £20 appearance fee and goal bonus. Still managed to sign Grant McCann...'s brother and I have David Healy up front (not the actual David Healy).

Art Vandelay

You didn't get the best two I told you about !

Is Memphis good for anyone? Almost 2 seasons gone, and he's still wank.
He's good for me, but not world class. Doesn't produce consistently but when on form can be unplayable. First 6 months he was terrible until I told him I'd sell him then kept praising him when he picked up his form. I rotate him and Felipe Anderson as inside forwards on the left.

Martial is kind of similar, he's great for spells but then goes completely off the boil for months at a time. He's started this season on fire though he's scored 9 in 5 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Nickosaur

Argh, did you lot keep Januzaj? I don't really want to sell him but he's bitching about going to PSG, who just offered £38m. If he did go I'd have about £150m to bring in someone else for the RW...

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
So chaps. Is this one worth investing in or is it much the same as previous years?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
End of first season is nearing. Just beat City 1-0 at their ground to progress 2-1 on aggregate to the champions league final. Im 4 points clear in the league with 4 games to go and the only game i replayed was west brom away because i was testing a new tactic And lazily fielded a fully rotated squad not realising my next game was over a week away so under normal circumstances where i was playing properly i would have played my first team.

First half of the season i had only 2 away wins but managed to tweak my tactic so i could pick up away wins. Its been a good season. Everyones been in and out of form. Kane was superb to begin with but the final 2 months has been hard to get him scoring consistently alongside Martial who scores a brace every 4 games or so. Embolo has been fantastic when played as back up striker or inside forward (replacing Mata).

Hoping for a decent budget in the summer and a champions league trophy to go with it!

iammemphis

You didn't get the best two I told you about !

Is Memphis good for anyone? Almost 2 seasons gone, and he's still wank.
How do you use Memphis?
He's been great for me in my first season, a tad inconsistent yes but I haven't had to drop him like others at times. I use him as inside forward support. He doesn't score many from open play but assits alot and scores some great freekicks.

Varun

Staff
He's been great for me in my first season, a tad inconsistent yes but I haven't had to drop him like others at times. I use him as inside forward support. He doesn't score many from open play but assits alot and scores some great freekicks.
I use him the same way but on attack instead of support. 13 goals and 3 assists in 18 starts.

Art Vandelay

My fans now view Memphis as an icon. The only one of my players to get that status so far. I'm in my fourth season, in the first he was crap for 6 months then brilliant for 2 months before going to crap again. Second season he was mostly excellent. Third season he was injured a lot but ok when he played. He has started the fourth by destroying teams, he took Man City apart. He has 4 goals and 7 assists in 9 starts and 2 sub appearances and he's played against Arsenal, Spurs, City and Chelsea. He's scored against 3 of those 4.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Won the league with my Bayern team with only 1 loss. About to play Frankfurt in the German cup final. I got schooled by Barca 7-0 on aggregate in the CL QF. Just about beat Zenith in knockout round.

I have a £500million budget :eek: so I'm thinking of making some changes in the summer.

Players I want - Gundogan, Hummels, Isco and a RB to replace Lahm. Already signed Carillo on a free

Players going out - Xabi Alonso who has been inconsistent, Gotze who spent most of the season injured, Benatia and Frank Ribery. I might accept a bid from Chelsea for Douglas Costa if they bid again as Coman has made a bigger impact.

I'm also going to start a 2nd save with Burton Albion who have just got promoted to the Championship. They have good training facilities and a decent squad & stadium so should be good

Art Vandelay

Is Odegaard a whiny bitch for anyone else? If I rest him at all then he wants more first team opportunities, despite the fact he features in most games.

iammemphis

So with 4 games of the seaosn left, i lost two and drew the 3rd meaning i had to win away from home to Leicester to win the title after Liverpool and Arsenal came within a point of me. Glad to say we got a 1-0 win, relegating Leicester in the process so it was a great result.

Champions League final. 0-0 at HT and my team get demotivated and confused because I passionately said "your playing well and keep it up" :mad:. Zenit take a 1-0 lead a few minutes in and then the highlight speeds along to 80mins. I throw embolo on, play one cb and two full backs and play overload. With 2 mins added time i get the full time highlight with seconds to go.. BUT EMBOLO SCORES!!! Into added time and Embolo wins the game for me with another brilliant finish and i defend for my life to get the win.

Great end to the season. Bought Laporte when i was given a new budget for his £35.5m clause and agreed £150k wage. Only got £30mill left though (i was expecting like £100 mill??) though it was a £4.1m wage budget. I have Rooney to get off the wage bill though and a few others.

Who should i make captain? Im planning on using Schweinsteiger but any suggestions?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Is Odegaard a whiny bitch for anyone else? If I rest him at all then he wants more first team opportunities, despite the fact he features in most games.
I bought him for Marseille in season 3 for £14.5m after 3 years of moaning at Real and barely playing by all accounts. Was a god send for me as an attacking playmaker (attack) from AM C and AM R. Now worth £44m.

Art Vandelay

I bought him for Marseille in season 3 for £14.5m after 3 years of moaning at Real and barely playing by all accounts. Was a god send for me as an attacking playmaker (attack) from AM C and AM R. Now worth £44m.
He plays 2 out of every 3 matches for me because he is rotating with Gribbin and Barbosa while Bernardo Silva and Lincoln are rested. Every time it comes to resting him there's the message saying he wants first team football.

I just can't be dealing with it as I spend the majority of my time dealing with the minefield that is Paul "Uber Bitch" Pogba. No matter what happens he is complaining about it, team talks only ever affect him negatively. He plays just about every game for 2 months, then goes off and plays 2 internationals in a week so I rest him for a week and rotate him out of midweek matches. He doesn't even get to the point where it says in his profile he'd like more first team games, he just arrives demanding to talk about it and I can't promise him matches because it's December so the games are too close together for him to play them all and we know how that will end when I rest him. I've decided he's going at the end of the season and Tielemans can take over.

FC Ronaldo

He plays 2 out of every 3 matches for me because he is rotating with Gribbin and Barbosa while Bernardo Silva and Lincoln are rested. Every time it comes to resting him there's the message saying he wants first team football.

I just can't be dealing with it as I spend the majority of my time dealing with the minefield that is Paul "Uber Bitch" Pogba. No matter what happens he is complaining about it, team talks only ever affect him negatively. He plays just about every game for 2 months, then goes off and plays 2 internationals in a week so I rest him for a week and rotate him out of midweek matches. He doesn't even get to the point where it says in his profile he'd like more first team games, he just arrives demanding to talk about it and I can't promise him matches because it's December so the games are too close together for him to play them all and we know how that will end when I rest him. I've decided he's going at the end of the season and Tielemans can take over.
Oh god yeah. Far too much admin to keep him happy if he's like that. There are better players (certainly regens) on the horizon. Take a cool £40m+ to the bank and re-invest in a bunch of 16 year old prodigies.

iammemphis

Is Tielemans really that highly rated? He has great stats for his age but my scouts which are 20 and 20 for JP all say he is 3 star with one black star totally 4, but nothing higher?

FC Ronaldo

Is Tielemans really that highly rated? He has great stats for his age but my scouts which are 20 and 20 for JP all say he is 3 star with one black star totally 4, but nothing higher?
He has a PA that automatically plots itself between 160 and 190 for each game so he could be 160 in yours and any number up to (and including) 190 in other games. I know on my save he must be at least 185+ because he's 4.5 stars rated by scouts with same stats.

Source: http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/fm-2016-player-profile-youri-tielemans/

Art Vandelay

Tielemans is awesome. His tackling, stamina and balance aren't great, but most other important stats for a central midfielder go 17+. He rarely gets less than a 7.30 rating for me and it's usually a lot higher than that. He's still only 21 too.

I don't take the coaches/scouts stars rating that seriously any more, they go up and down so much. Martial for example was 5 star potential when I arrived, for the last two seasons that's gone down to fluctuate between 3 and 3.5 but now has gone up to him actually being world class. Tielemans was 5 star, went down to 3.5 and is now back up to 4.5.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Tielemans can be a fine winger too, and an absolutely smashing striker, if you're running a two striker system that needs a support/playmaking striker, scores and assists for fun.

FC Ronaldo

Pogba was a long range shooting beast for me at Barca in one save. He'd smash one in every 4 or 5 games from 30 yards or so as a roaming playmaker. His personality is very big time on there though.

Art Vandelay

His agent is an arsehole too wanting £7m just to discuss a new contract. I've a feeling the fans and a few players will be up in arms at selling him, but I've a 5 star rated 17 year old out on loan who I'll recall while Tielemans and Ajer take over full time from the big ponce. He's had about 4 months of being happy and producing top form in the entire two and a half years he's been with us. I've never had a player in any FM save go on the way he has.

Update: He asked to leave to join Barca, I told him they haven't bid so just wait until they do. He said this was unacceptable and went mental. He's now training with the kids and can go anywhere but Barca. Nutjob.

Last edited:

wr8_utd

:'(
Nothing better than beating City in the Derby! 2-1 down on 89 mins and then Wilson comes off the bench to equalize and then Martiallll with the 92nd minute :drool:
It's a lot of fun playing with transfers disabled in the first window!

Varun

Staff
Chelsea have just hired Van Gaal after sacking Mourinho midway through the season

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Pogba is being really bitchy when he's not playing, and even though he's the best player in the world in my save, I think it's best to move him on in a season or so. He's 31 now, so about time he started to decline :lol: Ødegaard on the other hand, is more or less the poster child of a great player. Everytime he wins any sort of award, he dedicates it to me and never complains when he's rested :D

Miscemayl

I just started a game on FM14 with Man United, and out-Moyes it and sacked by Sept after two defeat against Tottenham (1 in the leage and 1 in Capital Cup)!
Ed's ruthless in the game.....

EDIT: By Jan 2014, my sucessor has been sacked... (he started Oct 2013)

EDIT2: I'm back as Man United manager in Feb 2014, aim of top half.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

In my game Chelsea won the league the first year, came second in the second and third seasons while also winning the CL in the third. He was sacked 9 games into the fourth season with them sitting in 19th and having only won one match.

Pogba remains in the under 18's, he's not happy with that either. 7 clubs are interested but no one will bid. Tielemans is now the man in midfield and Pogba isn't even missed. Jones is bitching about first team matches now though despite playing a fair chunk of them due to Mustafi's 6 week injury lay off. It's still December and we are 14 points clear at the top of the league, Martial has 17 goals in 14 matches. My goal is to get at least one player up to a 5 star rating. I've a few 4's, Pogba is 4.5 but he arrived that way.

Varun

Staff
Happened in my game too. They were 8th or 9th at the time. He got them up to 5th by the end of the season.
2 league wins, an FA cup win and a draw away at the Nou Camp in the CL. Impressive.

Btw, I just got fined 25k for failure to control my players. 6 yellow cards away at city as I twatted them 4-2 :lol: