Gaming Football Manager 2016

Art Vandelay

Yeah i like exerting my authority once in a while, letting them know im abit moody today because the performances haven't been great. It used to work on previous FMs. I generally use the easy team talks like "carry on from where you left off" etc.
I don't think I've ever gotten a good reaction from saying that unless it gives the specific one saying you expect a better performance than last time, that usually works.

It's nearly the end of January and despite all the major interest no one will even meet the games valuation of Pogba, let alone mine. The highest bid I've had is £37m off Spurs and a lot of that was performance based and over time, the game values him at £51m now. He's not going on the cheap to improve someone else's team, he can rot in the under 18's picking up his £275k a week for the rest of his contract. We can afford it and no one is bigger than the club.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I just won the league with Aston Villa in my first season on FM16 Mobile and won Champions League in my second season having beaten Barcelona, Juventus and Man Utd in the final. Now we're a big club and the expectations are high, Arsenal and Man Utd wanted to poach me but I won't go since I'm building a dynasty here. I've got rid of players who won me the title in my first season and replaced them with some fancy names. I might have the most exciting attacking three in the world (Barbosa, Embolo, Pato) plus some insane players like Gundogan, Bender, Carvajal, Tielemans, Volland and Brandt. From the initial squad I'm still using Ayew as a squad player, Traore and Richards are first teamers still.

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Has anyone ever done a career with a really lower league team? As in, downloaded the separate database with the teams down to Step 23? If so, got any advice?

I've started with a local team in step 11. Been fun so far, signed a few people who went to my high school and so on. What confuses me though is that I've been given a wage budget of £1k p/w, which at first I was elated with a proceeded to take full advantage of. But then I stumbled upon my finances page and I'm (predictably) several thousands in debt and falling fast. Is this budget a bug that other people have experienced?

It's fun though, demolishing some teams down in that division, although Chesham Reserves did give me a defeat in my first league game.

NinjaFletch

Has anyone ever done a career with a really lower league team? As in, downloaded the separate database with the teams down to Step 23? If so, got any advice?

I've started with a local team in step 11. Been fun so far, signed a few people who went to my high school and so on. What confuses me though is that I've been given a wage budget of £1k p/w, which at first I was elated with a proceeded to take full advantage of. But then I stumbled upon my finances page and I'm (predictably) several thousands in debt and falling fast. Is this budget a bug that other people have experienced?

It's fun though, demolishing some teams down in that division, although Chesham Reserves did give me a defeat in my first league game.
Happens with pretty much every team outside of the European top leagues. Don't know if its deliberate or just that SI/the editor of that league don't care enough to balance the leagues that no one plays in.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

I did a Flixton save (9th tier) in FM12 once. Managed to make it all the way to the PL after about 15 seasons.

The scouting is great fun and very rewarding if you get spend some time on it. Not sure about the wage budget but when I started I pretty much signed an entire new squad of 15-17 year old free agents on part time deals which didn't hit me too bad.

Can you link me to the DB?

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Happens with pretty much every team outside of the European top leagues. Don't know if its deliberate or just that SI/the editor of that league don't care enough to balance the leagues that no one plays in.
No idea either, just seems weird that I get gates of 70-80 yet a £1k budget... I'm already £20k in debt!

I did a Flixton save (9th tier) in FM12 once. Managed to make it all the way to the PL after about 15 seasons.

The scouting is great fun and very rewarding if you get spend some time on it. Not sure about the wage budget but when I started I pretty much signed an entire new squad of 15-17 year old free agents on part time deals which didn't hit me too bad.

Can you link me to the DB?
Here's the link: http://www.passion4fm.com/fm16-english-lower-leagues-level-23-database/

My method for scouting has just been to filter players with semi decent passing and then just check their history to see if they seem to be based in our around London, as they wont relocate or travel to far to sign for me. It is rewarding though, although I get really excited whenever I see a striker with 10 finishing and 10 pace who lives in London... Only he doesn't want to join. Every time! :lol:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Here's the link: http://www.passion4fm.com/fm16-english-lower-leagues-level-23-database/

My method for scouting has just been to filter players with semi decent passing and then just check their history to see if they seem to be based in our around London, as they wont relocate or travel to far to sign for me. It is rewarding though, although I get really excited whenever I see a striker with 10 finishing and 10 pace who lives in London... Only he doesn't want to join. Every time! :lol:
Thanks.

Pretty much what I did as well. But at that level pace is even more vital. Signing speed merchants with shit stats at everything else worked out a treat for me.

Cina

How is it that every team I play scores basically every chance they have whereas my apparently world class attackers miss about 8-10 clear cut chances every game?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Has anyone else been able to sign Laporte? Doesn't want to join United in my save and after a few words demands 12m in signing on fee, 200k in wages and feck loads of appearance money.

the hea

Has anyone else been able to sign Laporte? Doesn't want to join United in my save and after a few words demands 12m in signing on fee, 200k in wages and feck loads of appearance money.
I signed him in my Tottenham save after the first season but he was not as good as i expected he only has an average rating of 7.20 in the first season I have played with him despite being first choice and winning the PL and CL. Stones has been a much better signing.

Varun

Staff
You can't get him when the game starts, doesn't want to come. Halfway through the season though, he becomes interested. I preferred to get stones though, both very very similar and stones helps with the English quota.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
You can't get him when the game starts, doesn't want to come. Halfway through the season though, he becomes interested. I preferred to get stones though, both very very similar and stones helps with the English quota.
Stones always goes to City in my games. Everton never accept anything less than £45 million and Stones always wants £150k+ a week. Laporte, on the other hand, comes in for £30 million and only wants ~£70k a week.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Stones ended at Arsenal in the first week of the window. When I tried to hijack the deal he wanted 200k.

Varun

Staff
Stones always goes to City in my games. Everton never accept anything less than £45 million and Stones always wants £150k+ a week. Laporte, on the other hand, comes in for £30 million and only wants ~£70k a week.
Depends on when you target him. I got him for around 40mil with cheap wages, would have to check exactly how much.

Varun

Staff
Signed Mustafi for 43m in the 2nd season now. Stats look good.
Wasn't gimenez available? Was available for 15mil in mine but I can't be arsed signing more players and trying to fit them all in, game's boring as Utd as it is.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Wasn't gimenez available? Was available for 15mil in mine but I can't be arsed signing more players and trying to fit them all in, game's boring as Utd as it is.
Dunno. All the one's I wanted didn't want to sign for me. Apparently United' status is a bit shite in this game.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What all did you win in the first season? You gotta fix it.
Semis of the FA cup. Arsenal equalized in the 120th minute and then won on pens:(
Beaten 2-1 on Agg in the Round of 16 by Real.
Knocked out in the 4th round of the cup by Newcastle.
Won the league with 81 points. Needed a win on the final to be sure with Chelsea a point behind. Had a 3-0 lead at one point only for Palace to get 2 back. Spent the last 10 minutes playing with Contain status.

Cina

I felt dirty signing Pogba for £65m because I usually won't sign anyone over the age of 21, but my God, he's absurdly good so far.

My forwards are a bit shit though. Can barely put a chance away. Martial especially barely hits 10 a season for me. Lukaku usually gets 20, just about. Depay is class.

Varun

Staff
Semis of the FA cup. Arsenal equalized in the 120th minute and then won on pens:(
Beaten 2-1 on Agg in the Round of 16 by Real.
Knocked out in the 4th round of the cup by Newcastle.
Won the league with 81 points. Needed a win on the final to be sure with Chelsea a point behind. Had a 3-0 lead at one point only for Palace to get 2 back. Spent the last 10 minutes playing with Contain status.
League win should have sorted it out for most players, tough luck I guess.

I bought Pogba just few days before the window closed as I had 90mil just sitting there and I just went "what the heck" :D. 1st league match and he scored a screamer from 30 yards to the top corner from a 45 degree angle, corner of the box.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I agreed a fee for Neymar in January of my second season. However when it came to contracts he wasn't interested in even talking and when i had a private chat he didn't go for the "you could be a legend" talk? How did everybody else convince him? Or should i try summer.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Started a game unemployed and ended up being signed up by Berwick Rangers in Scottish League 2. They've got a pretty nice badge. They had no staff so it's pretty much a full reconstruction needed, play-offs are what i'm challenged with. Never played in the lower Scottish leagues before.

Cina

Wages are ridiculous in this. Darmian demanded 190k off me. Fecking Darmian. He was only on 45k! Smalling wanted 220k and a 10m signing on fee! Martial wanted 160k despite being shite for me so far. Depay wanted 275k :lol: Madness.

Varun

Staff
Just started the game. Got stones for 40mil and he's on 96k.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I can't score.

EDIT: I say that, play Clyde who are in 2nd position but forget to put any subs so i only had 11 players in my matchday squad, and then win 2-0. Great times.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I see it's still a bit silly then. On a 9 game unbeaten run and it's stopped in a home game by second bottom of the league Clyde who were also manager-less. At least i've started scoring, i'm noticing a lot of shots but not a lot of shots on target occur quite a lot.

Skizzo

I can't score.

EDIT: I say that, play Clyde who are in 2nd position but forget to put any subs so i only had 11 players in my matchday squad, and then win 2-0. Great times.
I see it's still a bit silly then. On a 9 game unbeaten run and it's stopped in a home game by second bottom of the league Clyde who were also manager-less. At least i've started scoring, i'm noticing a lot of shots but not a lot of shots on target occur quite a lot.
How many teams are in the league if Clyde are second and second bottom? Or did you send them into decline after the first game?

Art Vandelay

I agreed a fee for Neymar in January of my second season. However when it came to contracts he wasn't interested in even talking and when i had a private chat he didn't go for the "you could be a legend" talk? How did everybody else convince him? Or should i try summer.
For some reason players go through spells where no one world class will sign for you, then in the middle of the season usually between January and the summer everyone is willing to sign. Neymar literally spent a year turning me down and re-signing with Barca every time I met his release clause. Then in February he was willing to sign, I didn't even have to meet his release clause.

I've gone through this every season, between the two transfer windows everyone wants to sign for me and I have my summer signings planned, but as soon as the season ends players have no intention of signing for me. So I moved early for Neymar this year and got him.

Martial is 3 goals from breaking United's league goals in one season record. He has 30 in 27 games. Most of my team have gone off the boil except him, which is worrying for the CL. Dunno how many he'd have if I wasn't always rotating to keep players fresh and Morata wasn't playing all the CL games.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How many teams are in the league if Clyde are second and second bottom? Or did you send them into decline after the first game?

There are 12, you play each team 4 times. I played them firstly when I was only 5 games into the season, and the 2nd game was around 15-20 games in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gotcha. Top 2 teams go up? Or a third with a playoff too?
The winner is promoted. 2nd-4th enter a playoff with the team second bottom of League one.
Also made a mistake, there are only 10 teams in the league.