Gaming Football Manager 2016

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Depay just won WPOTY in the second season for me. Literally all his goals were tap-ins from crosses from Darmian.
He and Darmian have been injured my entire second season so far, haha. Im into feb now and Depay is coming back so i guess there is still time.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Is it just me, or does this game feel like, each time you load up a save, you could either be excellent, or terrible :s

3 of us are playing online, and the amount of times it feels like you can come away after a night of playing, with a lot of wins, looking very good etc, then next time you load it up, a win is just a distant memory.
Today was another one of them days for me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Lovely, finished the league in 3rd place and then won in the play-offs on penalties on both occasions. :drool: League 1 beckons boys. In terms of goals my most came from a 17 year old CM who scored 9. Really didn't have a star player that banged them in so need to look for one this coming season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wages are ridiculous in this. Darmian demanded 190k off me. Fecking Darmian. He was only on 45k! Smalling wanted 220k and a 10m signing on fee! Martial wanted 160k despite being shite for me so far. Depay wanted 275k :lol: Madness.
Hoped that was just at big clubs but it seems like it's everywhere. I had a bloke on loan last season and he was brilliant and had a chance to sign him so tried to. He was on wages of £120 per week at his old club and started the contract conversation with "It's great to enter negotiations with a club close to my heart" - asks for £500. Eh, no.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The AI have a habit of scoring right after you have scored. Especially in the Champions League.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
One of my best mates from high school plays for Montrose on this and got the most assists in the league in the first season. Trying to sign him but he doesn't want to come the cheeky cnut.

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
3rd season leicester. Donnarumma-Liam Moore,Carter-Vickers,Engels,Chilwell-Cubas-Vecino,Wrd Prowse-Zivkovic,Ruben Garcia-vardy

Fa-cup 1st season(11th league), euro league season 2(6th league)

nimic

something nice
Scout
Bad news, lads. Liverpool just sacked Paul Lambert, after his valiant effort to get them relegated from the Premier League for the second time in six seasons. The last one was a collaboration effort between Frank de Boer and Marco Bielsa.

Lay

Won the champions league with Atletico first season, beat Arsenal 3-2 in the final (Arsenal had battered Barca, Man City and Real Madrid in previous rounds). I actually only won like 4 games in the Champions League :lol: A lot of good away draws.

Won the Copa Del Rey too and lost the league to Real Madrid on the head to head rule. Both had 90 points.

Problem is, I have no right winger now, Carrasco's release clause was activated by Bayern, Torres has gone back to Milan - playing him as an inside forward got me 17 goals out of him! So..good wingers in the second season?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just rage quit for the first time. Can't do anything this season. Sitting second bottom of the league (thankfully only bottom gets relegated) but i've just been spanked 5-0 and i was losing 4-0 in 30 mins in the game i just rage quit. I bought a striker that is supposed to be one of the best in the league but my strikers never seem to score, finding this one much harder to get to grips with, as even last season when i got promoted i could hardly fecking score.

Varun

Staff
Just rage quit for the first time. Can't do anything this season. Sitting second bottom of the league (thankfully only bottom gets relegated) but i've just been spanked 5-0 and i was losing 4-0 in 30 mins in the game i just rage quit. I bought a striker that is supposed to be one of the best in the league but my strikers never seem to score, finding this one much harder to get to grips with, as even last season when i got promoted i could hardly fecking score.
What formation are you using? I always need to play with 2 strikers and a #10 to create enough chances and score goals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Shaw and Martial are just brutal in this game.

Signed Neymar too for shits and giggles.

amolbhatia50k

What formation are you using? I always need to play with 2 strikers and a #10 to create enough chances and score goals.
You're managing United, right?

Two strikers and a number 10 seems like overkill.

Varun

Staff
You're managing United, right?

Two strikers and a number 10 seems like overkill.
This is the formation I use in pretty much every version of FM and it works a treat. Have used this at Utd, Everton, Derby, Leipzig, a 3rd div German team I forgot the name of etc. Across leagues, across divisions.

---ST---ST
IF----AM
----CM--CM
Back 4.

The inside forward can be on either side depending on which position you have a good player in.

Against tougher opponents, DM instead of the IF.

If you have a good crosser at RB, he'll get bucketloads of space to whip in ball after ball.

NinjaFletch

Anyone else experimented with weird formations yet?

I tried a formation without a striker which didn't really come off and now am using this:

in away Champions League games hoping to get as many bodies in midfield and make us hard to beat by dominating possession.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tried all sorts. 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-1-2-3. All don't really work. My CMs get consistently high ratings but everyone else is naff. I don't really play an AM but what pisses me off is that if you don't play with a DM or an AM it usually says there's a gap between your attack and defence because it's not really able to fully replicate the role of a Herrera type on the game IMO.

Cina

Shaw and Martial are just brutal in this game.

Signed Neymar too for shits and giggles.
Do you mean brutal in a good way? I can't tell as Shaw is insanely good for me whereas Martial is quite underwhelming so far, misses a lot of easy chances despite his stats being really good. (17 fin, 16 composure).

Full backs seem to get crazy high average ratings. Both Shaw and Vrsajiko (who has lower stats than Darmian but is way better) have over 8.00 average ratings for me.

Pogba was well worth the £75m. He has 12 goals in 19 games and most of them are screamers from 25-30 yards.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Started a Dortmund game, where I signed as many wonderkids as I could and made them learn multiple positions
Emobolo, Tielemans, Bazoer etc.

In my second season, I'm currently on a 20 game win streak, only drawn once and i'm 9 points ahead of Bayern, in the final for the german cup and looking good for the Europa too.

Reus won the WPOTY & Bazoer won the golden boy award.

Varun

Staff
Tried all sorts. 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-1-2-3. All don't really work. My CMs get consistently high ratings but everyone else is naff. I don't really play an AM but what pisses me off is that if you don't play with a DM or an AM it usually says there's a gap between your attack and defence because it's not really able to fully replicate the role of a Herrera type on the game IMO.
Exactly. An AM is a must even if you don't play 2 strikers. Try out the formation I suggested if you have atleast 1 player who can be good as an inside forward on either side. The fullbacks would need to be in the CWB role.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Exactly. An AM is a must even if you don't play 2 strikers. Try out the formation I suggested if you have atleast 1 player who can be good as an inside forward on either side. The fullbacks would need to be in the CWB role.
I'll try and sign an AM in the transfer window and try it out. At the moment i'm in the Scottish League one so there aren't really many players available that can play CWB well.

I changed my tactic again for my last game and won 6-0 without an AM, i think the game is bipolar. :lol:

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
How can i get decent possesson when playing as united.

I just to smashed 4-0 to sevilla and bestikas in preseason witha 4-2-3-1

Cina

How can i get decent possesson when playing as united.

I just to smashed 4-0 to sevilla and bestikas in preseason witha 4-2-3-1
I find Control, Structured with work ball into the box and shorter passing really good at home. Usually get around 60% possession. Away from home it's much harder to get good possession though.

I usually smash most teams at home but have yet to nail a really good away tactic.

Varun

Staff
I'll try and sign an AM in the transfer window and try it out. At the moment i'm in the Scottish League one so there aren't really many players available that can play CWB well.

I changed my tactic again for my last game and won 6-0 without an AM, i think the game is bipolar. :lol:
It won't matter how well they play as cwb as long as crossing is decent. Opponents will crowd the middle due to your attackers leaving lots of space out wide

amolbhatia50k

Do you mean brutal in a good way? I can't tell as Shaw is insanely good for me whereas Martial is quite underwhelming so far, misses a lot of easy chances despite his stats being really good. (17 fin, 16 composure).

Full backs seem to get crazy high average ratings. Both Shaw and Vrsajiko (who has lower stats than Darmian but is way better) have over 8.00 average ratings for me.

Pogba was well worth the £75m. He has 12 goals in 19 games and most of them are screamers from 25-30 yards.
They've both been brilliant for me. Martial has 12 goals in 8 games so far this season with an average rating of 8.40. And he got over 30 goals in the previous season helping the team win the PL and CL, and scoring two in the final as well. He's just destroying team on his own every week.

amolbhatia50k

Does anyone else play with a default "attacking" setting. Barring games against top sides and tough away games, that's how I set my team up.

Cina

Does anyone else play with a default "attacking" setting. Barring games against top sides and tough away games, that's how I set my team up.
I usually go control and switch to attacking later on if I'm not winning. I find control drains the players energy far less.

Lay

I go for control. Never liked using it before, but it works well on this version.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Second season complete and second season in the play-offs!

Finally managed to find a tactic which worked. A 4-4-1-1 with an IF, 3 CMs, ST and winger. Low tempo, play wide, low crosses, push higher up. Usually played counter or attacking football. Changed to contain during the game if i was winning and it was around the 70th minute.

Only scored 44 in 36 games but finished with 55 points, and i won my last 4 games against rivals which really helped get that 2nd place. Forfar stormed away with a massive 77 points but the rest of the league was hugely competitive, 2nd bottom were only 11 points behind myself. It was amusing sitting in 2nd place and being told that i had survived relegation with 3/4 games left.

Art Vandelay

I always play attacking unless I'm away to a really good team. I just won the league by 21 points so it's working well.

After signing Neymar for £100m he ruptures his cruciate at the Copa America before he's even officially joined and out for 9 months. The game mysteriously got turned off without saving at that point.

Varun

Staff
I always play attacking unless I'm away to a really good team. I just won the league by 21 points so it's working well.

After signing Neymar for £100m he ruptures his cruciate at the Copa America before he's even officially joined and out for 9 months. The game mysteriously got turned off without saving at that point.
As a matter of principle, I reload a save for any injury > 3 months.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
My away form was absolutely awful in my first season. Less than 30 points over the course of the season. Teams dominate in both possession and chances almost ever game.

Klopp has joined Chelsea and Moyes has joined Liverpool in my save at the start of the 2nd season. Also, just sold Rojo and Young for 40m to PSG and Monaco. Chuffed with that.

Art Vandelay

As a matter of principle, I reload a save for any injury > 3 months.
I normally don't, but I wasn't spending £100m on a player, paying him £350k a week and not being able to use him for 9 months+ with the possibility of him coming back a shell of his former self. Just not happening.

I think I might have to restructure my attack and let Morata go as he keeps complaining about a lack of games when he is really my big game striker and Martial was on fire with 36 goals in 39 games. Plus he is turning 28 so this will be my last chance to get big bucks for him although he is my only striker that's any use in the air.

Varun

Staff
I normally don't, but I wasn't spending £100m on a player, paying him £350k a week and not being able to use him for 9 months+ with the possibility of him coming back a shell of his former self. Just not happening.

I think I might have to restructure my attack and let Morata go as he keeps complaining about a lack of games when he is really my big game striker and Martial was on fire with 36 goals in 39 games. Plus he is turning 28 so this will be my last chance to get big bucks for him although he is my only striker that's any use in the air.
It isn't about the money paid or importance to the team for me. I just want to play with the players I have, it's a game after all. More than 3 months is too long, they don't even recover properly at times.