Gaming Football Manager 2016

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Kane out for 4 months with 2 months left of the season. I won the Carling cup and im in all the other competitions, including being top of the league. Its a big blow, he already has 29 goals in the league. Martial is just so inconsistent but gets high ratings. He misses the easy chances all the time. Fingers crossed we can win a couple of trophies with Kane out.

As a side note, I can't help buying the 4.5+ potential players. Im stock piling them even worse then Chelsea. I will literally have to stop signing players for 2/3 seasons. I have 7 MC/AMC's under the age of 21 competing for 2 first team slots including Tielemans, Gribbin and Pereira, along with senior players Herrera, Schneiderlin and Gotze. I have three more 15 years olds who are 4.5+ centre mids aswell! Its a nightmare. I have Depay and Bernardo Silva as AML and AMR, but Januzaj, a regen 17 year old AML, Mata and potentially Martial and Embolo who I rotate from the wings to up front especially now Kane is injured. I just loan most of them out but realistically half of them will have to be sold eventually!

iammemphis

I think he's one player it'd be acceptable to edit into a worlde, if you have the editor/have it active.
:lol:

I was thinking about getting the in-game editor because I messed up a few things on the database. 1. Im aged 75 and 2. My wonderkid-me has messed up stats. I obviously started them off wrong because im not improving at all despite the 4.5 star rating.

Cina

I've refrained from getting it this year but if you're getting an editor, get FMRTE, not the crappy ingame one. Same price.

Art Vandelay

I'm having the weirdest pre-season, nearly all my players have come back with 90+ match fitness. So I started pre-season on July 1st, then first match on July 13th as I like to give them a week or two of just training to get their overall fitness up so they can play 60 minutes or more. When going to start the first match they were still all 90+ in match fitness but their general fitness was abysmal like they were all tired from matches that didn't happen. Only 3 of them were away on internationals too and I sent one of them on a 2 week holiday. He came back with his fitness 90/99, he wasn't even rested after 2 weeks off!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Managed to win the play-offs for a second year running and gained promotion to the Scottish Championship. Think i'll have a break from this save though so i resigned and made a new save, will see what crops up.

iammemphis

I've refrained from getting it this year but if you're getting an editor, get FMRTE, not the crappy ingame one. Same price.
cool, whats the difference?

Does anyone else find the wonderkid graduates in their team and play them in the league as soon as possible to get the youngest player records and such?

Art Vandelay

I spent £16m on a 16 year old winger who's stats aren't even as impressive. Only because I've had no good youth players in 2 years though.

I'm also about to run afoul of FFP on wages. Oops. It's because I gave Stones and Shaw £250k a week new contracts, bumped Gribbins up to £60k a week and Lincoln met a clause bumping his up to £80k a week all while Neymar signed for £350k a week. I sold Morata and his £200k a week wages though. Not sure what's going to happen, if it's a fine or points deduction as I really don't want to sell anyone else. I'm confused if the threshold has always been there or if it's because we spent £50m on shareholders dividend, £95m on upgrading Old Trafford and £100m on Neymar.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I spent £16m on a 16 year old winger who's stats aren't even as impressive. Only because I've had no good youth players in 2 years though.

I'm also about to run afoul of FFP on wages. Oops. It's because I gave Stones and Shaw £250k a week new contracts, bumped Gribbins up to £60k a week and Lincoln met a clause bumping his up to £80k a week all while Neymar signed for £350k a week. I sold Morata and his £200k a week wages though. Not sure what's going to happen, if it's a fine or points deduction as I really don't want to sell anyone else. I'm confused if the threshold has always been there or if it's because we spent £50m on shareholders dividend, £95m on upgrading Old Trafford and £100m on Neymar.
I think it's a transfer embargo.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'm just wondering if I should teach him the long shot PPM, would be nice to exploit that attribute and score some screamers, but it may not be the best option for a playmaker.

Varun

Staff
The board randomly call me into a meeting and ask if I agree that increasing the transfer budget would be good for the club. Who the feck says no to that so I say yeah, it would be. Increased to 66mil from the existing 3mil. Wtf.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The board randomly call me into a meeting and ask if I agree that increasing the transfer budget would be good for the club. Who the feck says no to that so I say yeah, it would be. Increased to 66mil from the existing 3mil. Wtf.
My board knows I'm a demanding feck. They don't ask, they just increased it to 60 million once because I like to spend.

Varun

Staff
My board knows I'm a demanding feck. They don't ask, they just increased it to 60 million once because I like to spend.
Haha. Which season you in now? I want to play with the existing squad as it's my last season here. Will probably buy some more young talents for the next manager :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Haha. Which season you in now? I want to play with the existing squad as it's my last season here. Will probably buy some more young talents for the next manager :D
4th season.

I lost the league by GD and by one point respectively in my first two seasons, losing CL finals both times too. Won both competitions in my third. And now in the 4th I've got Neymar and Martial tearing it up, and I'm probably heading towards the point where it gets too easy.

Varun

Staff
4th season.

I lost the league by GD and by one point respectively in my first two seasons, losing CL finals both times too. Won both competitions in my third. And now in the 4th I've got Neymar and Martial tearing it up, and I'm probably heading towards the point where it gets too easy.
That's rough. How do I check which jobs are available and which managers are under threat btw? Was easy on fm14 but don't see an option here.
Edit: found it, never mind.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What does not getting enough coaching attention during fitness training mean? Not enough coaches?

Norris

Not enough coaches for fitness training in particular. You can check the workload for each training regime. If it say's too heavy or heavy, it means you need to assign more coaches to it, either by delegating more to a coach or just signing a new one.

Varun

Staff
What does not getting enough coaching attention during fitness training mean? Not enough coaches?
Yeah, workload on the existing coaches would be too high meaning everyone isn't getting the time required. You should always set the coach training on your own, the default setting isn't very good.

Norris

Yeah, workload on the existing coaches would be too high meaning everyone isn't getting the time required. You should always set the coach training on your own, the default setting isn't very good.
Yep, but it takes hell loads of time, especially if you are at a big club. But it is usually worth it long term. But I never understand how the rating keep changing. At the start of the season, if it's 4, it goes upto 4.5.

Varun

Staff
Yep, but it takes hell loads of time, especially if you are at a big club. But it is usually worth it long term. But I never understand how the rating keep changing. At the start of the season, if it's 4, it goes upto 4.5.
Barely takes 5 mins mate. Stars would increase as your coaches get better.

Norris

Barely takes 5 mins mate. Stars would increase as your coaches get better.
Within the same season ? It's not like they were doing their coaching badges or anything. It's very similar to how a player returns from Holiday lacking match fitness and then improves over time. Are coaches in the same mould too ? Coz it happens almost always.
The following season, again the star rating drops to 4 before picking up.

Edit: Not talking about FM16 in particular, but all the previous versions I played had this.

Varun

Staff
Within the same season ? It's not like they were doing their coaching badges or anything. It's very similar to how a player returns from Holiday lacking match fitness and then improves over time. Are coaches in the same mould too ? Coz it happens almost always.
The following season, again the star rating drops to 4 before picking up.

Edit: Not talking about FM16 in particular, but all the previous versions I played had this.
Not sure about it happening within the season mate, I do the coaches review end of season only.

Norris

Not sure about it happening within the season mate, I do the coaches review end of season only.
Used to just check the ratings at the start,middle and end of season and some would always change.

Cina

The match engine seems so predictable. And even on 'key' it's too long.

Basically team A starts with the ball, passes it a bit. Team B wins it off them, passes it a bit, but it ends up back with team A who either score/get clean through and miss.

Rinse, repeat.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Every bid I ever get for any of my players is always way, way under their value. Even from super-rich clubs. Is there a way of setting it to auto-reject all bids below the release clause? I want to take a no-nonsense 'cough up of piss off' approach, like Bilbao in real life. All my players have a clause, and none of them are truly unreasonable if a big club really wants a player. Highest release clause I have is £46m for one of my wonderkids. The rest are between £15m and £30m.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Every bid I ever get for any of my players is always way, way under their value. Even from super-rich clubs. Is there a way of setting it to auto-reject all bids below the release clause? I want to take a no-nonsense 'cough up of piss off' approach, like Bilbao in real life. All my players have a clause, and none of them are truly unreasonable if a big club really wants a player. Highest release clause I have is £46m for one of my wonderkids. The rest are between £15m and £30m.
I know you can auto-reject below asking price so just set the AP to the release clause and bingo.