Gaming Football Manager 2019

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So I'm finding it quite easy atm. City were going toe to toe with me until Christmas and then they just dropped off and now I'm 12 points clear in Feb which was kinda disappointing really. Managed to shift Jones, Fellaini and Smalling in Jan and agreed to sell Matic at the end of the season. I brought in Eder Militao for 45m but I'm unsure whether to partner him with Skriniar or train him to be a proper DM as he's got the skills for it. Lindelof is also playing great for me. I've scouted potential DMs for the summer but they seem few and far between and the best are crazy expensive. Chelsea have both Kante and Casemiro.

Team right now is:

De Gea
Cancelo - Skriniar - Lindelof - Shaw
Matic
Bentancur - Pogba
Bailey -------------- Martial
Lukaku
Others: Romero, Tuanzebe, Militao, Fred, McTominay, Herrera, Sanchez, Rashford, Lingard, Mata.

Lukaku misses so many chances it's unreal. In fact just seems that strikers still miss the majority of 1 on 1s.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
So I'm finding it quite easy atm. City were going toe to toe with me until Christmas and then they just dropped off and now I'm 12 points clear in Feb which was kinda disappointing really. Managed to shift Jones, Fellaini and Smalling in Jan and agreed to sell Matic at the end of the season. I brought in Eder Militao for 45m but I'm unsure whether to partner him with Skriniar or train him to be a proper DM as he's got the skills for it. Lindelof is also playing great for me. I've scouted potential DMs for the summer but they seem few and far between and the best are crazy expensive. Chelsea have both Kante and Casemiro.

Team right now is:

De Gea
Cancelo - Skriniar - Lindelof - Shaw
Matic
Bentancur - Pogba
Bailey -------------- Martial
Lukaku
Others: Romero, Tuanzebe, Militao, Fred, McTominay, Herrera, Sanchez, Rashford, Lingard, Mata.

Lukaku misses so many chances it's unreal. In fact just seems that strikers still miss the majority of 1 on 1s.
You can pick up Wilmar Barrios from Boca Juniors. 25 year old DM and wages will be cheap too. They've just accepted a 17million bid from me.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Finding this years edition a bit too easy. Played a season with PSG and half seasons with Real, Juve and City just to test tactics and get a feel for the game. The preset tactics are brilliant. Just a few tweaks here and there and you're set. City are pretty rubbish with AI Pep.

Anyone else getting a lot of injuries? Alisson's stats are insane. Best keeper in the game. I might start a long term save with Villa or Wolves when the game is fully released.
How shocking that the best teams are good :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You can pick up Wilmar Barrios from Boca Juniors. 25 year old DM and wages will be cheap too. They've just accepted a 17million bid from me.
Thanks, but I'm trying not to read up on players and find them naturally. If I remember his name later though I'll check him out :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I put Woody in charge of staff recruitment and he has blessed me by making Gary Neville my assistant manager.

No takers for Fellani at £5m tho.......
I got a Chinese club to take him. Finally you can offload your shit for decent money.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some of it is still shit though. Jones was valued at 30m and I kept lowering and lowering and even at 3m just to see I got not bids. Stupid.

Berbaclass

Still a bit ridiculous imho
Why? He has a year left on his deal, he doesn't play very often for us, would want high wages and is injury prone. I think it being a challenge to get good money for him is realistic TBH.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Why? He has a year left on his deal, he doesn't play very often for us, would want high wages and is injury prone. I think it being a challenge to get good money for him is realistic TBH.
I suppose when you put it that way. I see an experienced international who would really improve a mid table side if he can stay fit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just think even at 3m to get no offers is mad. Someone like Everton or another mid-table club would be all over him.

Berbaclass

I suppose when you put it that way. I see an experienced international who would really improve a mid table side if he can stay fit.
Same thing with players like Mata. his contract also expires in 2019 and he is on like 175k a week as well as being 30 years old. No team is gonna fork out big money for him when they could wait 4/5 months and get him for free. I sold him for £15 Million to Juventus on my save partly because I don't play a CAM and secondly just because I thought it was a fair enough offer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I just think even at 3m to get no offers is mad. Someone like Everton or another mid-table club would be all over him.
You should also piss him off. If player don't want to leave then clubs don't bid for him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You should also piss him off. If player don't want to leave then clubs don't bid for him.
Yeah I did get rid of him in the end.

Got no real deadwood now. I'm just plugging the gaps until Dalot is back from loan cause I forgot to include a recall clause. He's killing it at Udinese though.

Berbaclass

As an atttacking mezzala in the PL for me Pogba is averaging 7.47 a game. 13 games and 9 goals.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
As an atttacking mezzala in the PL for me Pogba is averaging 7.47 a game. 13 games and 9 goals.
I have him as a DLP. He doesn't appear to be fully competent in any position I use him in, as in the circle is never fully green. Reckon I'm wasting him then?

roonster09

Scout
I have him as a DLP. He doesn't appear to be fully competent in any position I use him in, as in the circle is never fully green. Reckon I'm wasting him then?
Nothing like that. Those are just indicators. It's always better to see attributes and see if he is lacking in any main attributes needed.

I play Pogba in defensive position in Segundo Volante role, he has red in that position but he runs the game for me. Without him it's hard to win any game. I'm also training him in that position. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable next season.

Same with Rashford, I'm playing him as right winger as inside forward. He has red but he is playing very well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You don't need the circle to be fully green, I would say certainly he is great as both a Mezzela or DLP on FM

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
If you head over to the feedback thread on the SI forums, you'll find a lot of people finding it easy with teams at various levels and not just the big teams :rolleyes:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Yeah that's what I have him as, and i'm having similar success, or he'll alternate as the Regista at the bottom of a 3-man midfield

Lukaku went on a 8-game dry spell for me, so I put him as a complete forward that Attacks with a focus of making runs in the channel, he's scored 5 in 3 since, including a hat trick against Liverpool!

Gegenpress is ridiculous also :lol:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The injuries are actually a joke :lol:

Every game someone gets injured whether its for 1-3 days for a 'knock' or 3-4 weeks spraining something.

Vertical Tiki Taka is working very well so far though.

Any players you guys would recommend? I bought De Ligt and loaned him back to Ajax.
But i'll be looking for a RW & Striker ideally, also some good quality squad players for LB & RB
Seems to be a issue every year. "Oh, let's just turn it up to max and have people get unrealistically fecked", it's like they never take in criticism.

I intend on selling Jones & Rojo but didn't want to rock the boat too much in my first transfer window :wenger:

Perfect thanks! Any other young players you think are must buys regardless of position?
Tierney for left-back looks great to me. High determination in my head tends to mean they'll do well in training and get their talent to flurish. Working as both a wing-back and back is also great for tactical variety. Can step in (but wouldn't recommend it) on CB & RB as well.

As for CB's I can recommend Pavard due to his buyout clause.

I had a shitty start to the season before I went to bed.
Lost against West Ham away, draw against Chelsea at home and ended on a win against Newcastle away. Will continue now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
isn't it boring being United?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
isn't it boring being United?
Depends.
On short (5-10 seasons) saves it's fun enough.
Long-term depends on if you enjoy changing out the team to keep it up to scratch or not.

Personally I enjoy being United, until I want to make a longer save, then I start with Rosenborg and goes to Germany & Spain (maybe to Italy) before finding a mid-table English team to work with.

roonster09

Scout
Pogba is injured for 6 weeks and Rashford for 3 weeks.

Juventus made 3 million bid for Valencia, negotiated price to 11 million. Now I don't have any RBs apart from Dalot and squad is pissed :lol:. Told them I trust young players but for some reason many players are unhappy with the way i treated De gea when all the players agreed with me when I said young players deserve chance.

Wanted to sign Kevin Mbabu but Barca have already signed him. So looks like it's Dalot, Herrera and Lindelof for RB option.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
So...
As mentioned earlier I had a horrible start to the season. I ended up scrapping most of my tactic (kept freekicks and corner setups) and worked on a new one. The idea of having 3 supporting players in the middle who worked up and down together as a unit wasn't working as intended, so Matic came on as the anchor/DLP.
Perreira has played well enough for me to give him a bumper contract. he plays well as the offensive two in my midfield 3 alongside Pogba or Fred.
Herrera is out injured for 3-4 months, which sucks, but I suppose I should be happy that I've gotten this far and Matic is still going strong (don't have proper backups for him).

Since last time I gave an update I've played until the December the 1st.
With the money from the Lingard sale (530 million NOK) I ended up spending it all and even more over the next 3 years on Dembele (who will come in January) from Barcelona for a total of around 110m pounds (30-40 up front, 10m after 50 appearances & 10m after a certain amount of goals and the rest over 3 years).
Perfect fit for my right wing, as I've been using Mata & Sanchez mainly, and Sanchez isn't great there as a winger. Lukaku started banging in goals when he came on and has somewhat adapted to the role up top.

After things turned around (I'm still just at 4th place, Arsenal at the top along with Tottenham due to Kane & Aubameyang scoring for fun) I just ended up getting the message from good old Ed that the board has granted me 850 million NOK more to buy players for. Meaning my main priority now is a defensive midfielder.

The problem is, I know sweet feck all about options to go for.
I want a young Carrick, obviously. Matic with pace and youth.

The only options I have been looking at are:
Ruben Neves - Lacks physicality
Mateo Kovacic - Can't come in January & isn't naturally suited to the DM position
Julian Weigl - Went to City
Saul - Not natural for the DM position.
Koke - Not natural for the DM position.
Verratti - Probably too expensive, and he lacks positioning & strength.

Which leaves Casemiro as the best alternative that I think might be available. But he isn't really that good on the ball, and with his price likely being high I'd prefer him to be a few years younger for the price.
Anyone know of better options for a long-term DLP option?

For simplicitys sake I've changed the values to gbp now instead of NOK so I don't have to guess the prices. :p

Edit: Rabiot looks a good option stat-wise. Would just need to go from capable to natural on the DM place. Would fit in with the rest of my french players as well.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Signed SMS in Jan, it was for big money but I sold few players and had so much in the bank.

Paid 40 million upfront and 49 million in installments. Looks like he is worth it though, not a single weakness in his game. Maybe I have to change my tactics to fit him, Pogba and Saul.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Signed SMS in Jan, it was for big money but I sold few players and had so much in the bank.

Paid 40 million upfront and 49 million in installments. Looks like he is worth it though, not a single weakness in his game. Maybe I have to change my tactics to fit him, Pogba and Saul.
I do want SMS, badly. And I think I might have money to buy him, but I'm scared I'll end up in a situation where Fred is my only DLP.

PSG didn't want to listen to offers for Rabiot. Real went from wanting to get rid of Casemiro to wanting to keep him. So none of my DLP options are really available.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I do want SMS, badly. And I think I might have money to buy him, but I'm scared I'll end up in a situation where Fred is my only DLP.

PSG didn't want to listen to offers for Rabiot. Real went from wanting to get rid of Casemiro to wanting to keep him. So none of my DLP options are really available.
Neves?

roonster09

Scout

I'm not impressed with Fred, tbh I didn't play him much too. Always played Saul, Matic, Herrera instead of Fred.

I signed SMS in FM 18 also, always used to be my first signing in most saves. He is very good with no weakness at all. Planning to change my tactic to 4-3-3 with Saul as deep lying play maker in DM position, Pogba in Mezzala role and SMS in box to box role. Not sure how it works, want to play all 3 together, at the same time don't want to mess up 4-2-3-1 which is working so well.

Also Paqueta moved to Milan in full release, otherwise would have been good option.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm not impressed with Fred, tbh I didn't play him much too. Always played Saul, Matic, Herrera instead of Fred.

I signed SMS in FM 18 also, always used to be my first signing in most saves. He is very good with no weakness at all. Planning to change my tactic to 4-3-3 with Saul as deep lying play maker in DM position, Pogba in Mezzala role and SMS in box to box role. Not sure how it works, want to play all 3 together, at the same time don't want to mess up 4-2-3-1 which is working so well.

Also Paqueta moved to Milan in full release, otherwise would have been good option.
I use Fred as rotation for Matic & Perreira alongside Herrera. Squad-fillers are needed, and for their quality I'm happy with that. But with Fellaini leaving as soon as I ge that option & Matic being slow I want some changes so I don't get overrun by counter-teams like I just got against Arsenal.

Ended 2-1 to them (we were sharing the top of the table), but at the very least I managed to injure Aubameyang for 2-3 weeks.

I'm using Matic as a defensive DLP, Pogba as supportive FP if I use Perreira/Fellaini and attacking if I use Fred/Herrera.

roonster09

Scout
I use Fred as rotation for Matic & Perreira alongside Herrera. Squad-fillers are needed, and for their quality I'm happy with that. But with Fellaini leaving as soon as I ge that option & Matic being slow I want some changes so I don't get overrun by counter-teams like I just got against Arsenal.

Ended 2-1 to them (we were sharing the top of the table), but at the very least I managed to injure Aubameyang for 2-3 weeks.

I'm using Matic as a defensive DLP, Pogba as supportive FP if I use Perreira/Fellaini and attacking if I use Fred/Herrera.
Yeah, you play with 3 midfielders, to maybe easy to give chances to them. I play with only 2 midfielders, so hard to give proper time for all. Will switch to 3 man midfield slowly though.

I have sent Pereira on loan, will use him next season. He has good stats. Not sure what to do with Fellaini, I barely started him in games and in last few games I brought him on as attacking mid for Mata. Went full Jose there :lol:

Finally Sanchez is coming back after 4 months, Just 2 more weeks :drool: