Gaming Football Manager 2019

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Yeah, you play with 3 midfielders, to maybe easy to give chances to them. I play with only 2 midfielders, so hard to give proper time for all. Will switch to 3 man midfield slowly though.

I have sent Pereira on loan, will use him next season. He has good stats. Not sure what to do with Fellaini, I barely started him in games and in last few games I brought him on as attacking mid for Mata. Went full Jose there :lol:

Finally Sanchez is coming back after 4 months, Just 2 more weeks :drool:
Fellaini has done well whenever I've used him. But he has the issue that he is competing with many players that don't lack pace as severely. Matic annoyes me similarly but only has Fred to compete with, and Fred is just ok for rotation/backup on DM.

I've sent a bid for SMS. Guessing another year (or at least til the summer) with SMS in and Fellaini out would be good enough. At worst I'll end up using a midfield 2 for a short while. If I don't get SMS then I might save the money. Happy with my attackers, maybe apart from Lukaku up top...

I've had Sanchez & Herrera now out for 3-4 months... Getting annoying. :p

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Pep was just fired.
3rd of January, the first season. :lol:

Woho.
Arsenal bought Zaha for 50m pounds. Meaning I get 14,75+7,75m pounds from that transfer. :D
Selling Smalling & Lindelöf as well. Smalling has had a decent amount of games but has been unhappy as 4th choice. Lindelöf has only gotten 2-3 games.

Was a bit much English out and non-English in, so I'm discussing with Arsenal about a transfer for Rob Holding to fill a backup/4th choice spot for me, seeing as he was transfered by his own request. Would also struggle with any sort of injuries with only 3 good CB's and the rest from the U23s. Now it should be fine even with a long-term injury.

After losing to Arsenal I lost to Chelsea as well, that was after drawing to both Pool & Spurs. I struggle with the big teams it seems, apart from PSG. :p
I'm placed 5th on the table, but I'll get SMS in, Dembele came recently and I'll get Herrera & Sanchez back in not too long. There is some interest in Mata from both Madrid clubs and PSG, so I've set my asking price at 65m pounds. Hopefully it will keep them away or they'll pay enough for me to accept living without proper rotation on the right until Sanchez is back.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Found a young Argie with decent enough stats called Alexis Mac Allister. That's as solid an Argentine name as you will see.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I have somehow guided Plymouth to within 2 points of a play-off place. 10 games to go so all to play for. Not bad considering I was certain of relegation for the first 2 months we were that bad. I struck gold with my first intake of youngsters - a real golden generation with at least 3 kids at 15/16 who already look better than the majority of my senior players.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
First Chelsea with a super-late bid on Lingard that I accepted. Now Barcelona with a super-late bid for Mata.
Of course I have to accept it for a 30-year old with decent wages. Especially with Sanchez getting back from injury in a short time and Dembele settling well.

Add this to the 40 million I didn't get to spend in January and I might be able to buy a proper DLP later on. :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
First Chelsea with a super-late bid on Lingard that I accepted. Now Barcelona with a super-late bid for Mata.
Of course I have to accept it for a 30-year old with decent wages. Especially with Sanchez getting back from injury in a short time and Dembele settling well.

Add this to the 40 million I didn't get to spend in January and I might be able to buy a proper DLP later on. :lol:
Barca made bid in Jan window?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Me and Pogba (and then DDG) had a fall out and the dressing room took their side and my results plummeted. They gave me the old 3 points from 5 games scenario which was fine but my next 5 games were Brighton (H), Liverpool (A), City (H), Chelsea (A) and Spurs(H)

Beat Brighton and after a early goal we managed to get past Liverpool too. Then I lost my home game against City to a DDG own goal :rolleyes: and I fought back from 3 goals down at Stamford Bridge for De Ligt to give a 94th-minute penalty away. It all came down to Spurs at home. Was pretty tense, not many chances being created in the first half and it looked like it could be a stalemate until Lozano popped up on the right in the 71st minute to put us 1-0 up and then in the next 10 minutes he got two more :D

In my time playing FM I've never lost a dressing room as much as that and managed to bring it back. I really thought I was gone and started loading up extra leagues and considering my next job :lol:

Saved my job but the CL qualification was still going to go down to the wire. Last game was at home to Arsenal who were 4th (2 points ahead) and I was 5th. Managed to beat them thanks to a goal from Fekir (who I signed in January)who has been an absolute revelation since coming in and I probably would have done much better but he got injured for a month.

Sold off a lot of players and bought a lot in the first two windows so I'm putting my form down to lack of cohesion, expecting good things from the second season.

Pogba, Lukaku, Lingard, Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Darmian, Valencia, Young, Fellaini and Mata have all gone and I brought in (aside from De Ligt, Lozano and Mbabu earlier on in the season) Fekir, Savic, Zobnin, Arp and Augustinsson. Also brought in some good youth prospects but we'll see how they do in the upcoming season.

My end of season stats

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just tried Pogba as a Mezzala for the first time and played my worst game of the season losing 1 - 0 away to Newcastle. Pogab missed a pen. Thanks a lot guys :rolleyes:

Classical Mechanic

Me and Pogba (and then DDG) had a fall out and the dressing room took their side and my results plummeted. They gave me the old 3 points from 5 games scenario which was fine but my next 5 games were Brighton (H), Liverpool (A), City (H), Chelsea (A) and Spurs(H)

Beat Brighton and after a early goal we managed to get past Liverpool too. Then I lost my home game against City to a DDG own goal :rolleyes: and I fought back from 3 goals down at Stamford Bridge for De Ligt to give a 94th-minute penalty away. It all came down to Spurs at home. Was pretty tense, not many chances being created in the first half and it looked like it could be a stalemate until Lozano popped up on the right in the 71st minute to put us 1-0 up and then in the next 10 minutes he got two more :D

In my time playing FM I've never lost a dressing room as much as that and managed to bring it back. I really thought I was gone and started loading up extra leagues and considering my next job :lol:

Saved my job but the CL qualification was still going to go down to the wire. Last game was at home to Arsenal who were 4th (2 points ahead) and I was 5th. Managed to beat them thanks to a goal from Fekir (who I signed in January)who has been an absolute revelation since coming in and I probably would have done much better but he got injured for a month.

Sold off a lot of players and bought a lot in the first two windows so I'm putting my form down to lack of cohesion, expecting good things from the second season.

Pogba, Lukaku, Lingard, Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Darmian, Valencia, Young, Fellaini and Mata have all gone and I brought in (aside from De Ligt, Lozano and Mbabu earlier on in the season) Fekir, Savic, Zobnin, Arp and Augustinsson. Also brought in some good youth prospects but we'll see how they do in the upcoming season.

My end of season stats

Phil Jones fell out with me over a post match team talk. He managed to recruit Angel Gomes to his cause but he wilted when I told him to behave. Jones now festers in my u23 squad as a lone malcontent.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Before red box is the last time I played and red box is since I loaded the game today. Not only those results but barely a highlight from my team in any of those games and all my attackers getting low 6 scores. No idea what's going on. My only goal was a wildly off target shot that deflected in.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

Before red box is the last time I played and red box is since I loaded the game today. Not only those results but barely a highlight from my team in any of those games and all my attackers getting low 6 scores. No idea what's going on. My only goal was a wildly off target shot that deflected in.
Patches of shitty form in front of goal happens.
I tend to try and micromanage the games when that happens, watch all and adjust positions and settings during the game in hopes of getting a result. And I only moan at players if they lose or draw a game they had in their pocket chance-wise.

Also, do you use a midfield 3?if I remember correct there are loads of absolutely useless midfield types when playing in a 2. In a 2 I'd always use Pogba as a DLP with support settings alongside a defense-oriented player.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Patches of shitty form in front of goal happens.
I tend to try and micromanage the games when that happens, watch all and adjust positions and settings during the game in hopes of getting a result. And I only moan at players if they lose or draw a game they had in their pocket chance-wise.

Also, do you use a midfield 3?if I remember correct there are loads of absolutely useless midfield types when playing in a 2. In a 2 I'd always use Pogba as a DLP with support settings alongside a defense-oriented player.
Yeah I use a 3. I changed Pogba back to a DLP and results have improved a bit. Was just strange I went from dominating every game to barely having a highlight.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Yeah I use a 3. I changed Pogba back to a DLP and results have improved a bit. Was just strange I went from dominating every game to barely having a highlight.
What role is your defensive midfielder?
Or are you running without one? I struggled to get that to work.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What role is your defensive midfielder?
Or are you running without one? I struggled to get that to work.
Pogba as a DLP, Bentancur as a DLP and at the moment Militao as a DM due to Matic being injured.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Pogba as a DLP, Bentancur as a DLP and at the moment Militao as a DM due to Matic being injured.
If you get issues again, I'd suggest making Pogba a central midfielder with the role for advanced playmaker. You are a bit heavy on the defensive duties/roles and it will leave your attackers very much to their own device. As a attack-minded advanced playmaker Pogba would be free to use some of his dribbling abilities to create room for passes, just make sure to adjust his shooting to rarely so he won't take the shot unless it's a good chance.
Don't change a winning team and all that. Your run with loads of wins was quite good, so you should be in a good position even if you lost in the FA Cup.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you get issues again, I'd suggest making Pogba a central midfielder with the role for advanced playmaker. You are a bit heavy on the defensive duties/roles and it will leave your attackers very much to their own device. As a attack-minded advanced playmaker Pogba would be free to use some of his dribbling abilities to create room for passes, just make sure to adjust his shooting to rarely so he won't take the shot unless it's a good chance.
Don't change a winning team and all that. Your run with loads of wins was quite good, so you should be in a good position even if you lost in the FA Cup.
Will give it a try cheers.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Selling Mata was a mistake. :lol:
Dembele just got injured by Schalke. Both Dembele & Sanchez returns in 3-7 weeks.

Young/Rashford/Perreira/Gomez/Chong to play on the right then. Maybe I'll try Valencia and Dalot on the right together with Young as backup for either.

Pavard has been a slight let-down. I assumed I could bulk him up more. Maybe in a year or two he'll be better. Glad I haven't had any injuries to Bailly or Varane. Yet.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
And now both Valencia & Young went and got themselves injured in training. Valencia for 2-3 weeks and Young for a few days.
Chong to get his first start, since Gomes is still recovering from a short-term injury.
Please. Nothing on Matic, Varane, Bailly or Dalot now. :mad:

Edit:
Carabao cub final aganst City, with Conte at the helm. Young made it, but no Valencia, Dembele or Sanchez yet.

Lukaku
Martial - Young
SMS - Pogba
Matic
Tierney - Bailly - Varane - Dalot
De Gea

vs

Aguero
Sane - Sterling
Mendy - Gundogan - Fernandinho - Danilo
Savic - Kompany - Stones
Ederson
Ended up on penalties after Lukaku single-handedly dragged me there with 2 goals. The average on my team was below 7 if we remove Lukaku.
Dalot got a niggle. City won on penalties. Not sure if I should be happy that I wasn't beaten outright by a big team or if I should be unhappy because my players spent a insane amount of energy and lost at the end.

Noticed a silver-lining, Tottenham and Chelsea played 0-0, so I'm now joint top of the league (again) with Tottenham with Pool 3 points behind us.

Then I went on to lose to Wolves, putting me a point behind Tottenham again, and on same point-tally as Pool. :mad:

At the very least iut's 7 points down to 5th, so I'm getting some space. Feels like I can win or get fired, all depending on some games.

Last edited:

Minkaro

So, I've just started a new game with United on the proper game, and I'm looking for an assistant manager. Found this guy.

I think somebody needs to have a word with him about the job he wants to do.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
So, I've just started a new game with United on the proper game, and I'm looking for an assistant manager. Found this guy.

I think somebody needs to have a word with him about the job he wants to do.
What the hell! :lol:
Finally got a victory against a top team. City in the league to put me back in the lead for the league title.

Berbaclass

Quite tempted to do a Monaco save with a few restrictions in place. £10 Million max for a player or only sign players under 23 or something or both. Think it would be a decent challenge to try and usurp PSG and Lyon too TBF, they have a pretty talented young team from my experience of the game so far.

Been struggling to think what save I'll go for first and something like that sounds pretty interesting to me.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Quite tempted to do a Monaco save with a few restrictions in place. £10 Million max for a player or only sign players under 23 or something or both. Think it would be a decent challenge to try and usurp PSG and Lyon too TBF, they have a pretty talented young team from my experience of the game so far.

Been struggling to think what save I'll go for first and something like that sounds pretty interesting to me.
Think of a style of play or some kind of a narrative. I started unemployed with the aim to take a newly promoted side (to the lowest possible division) and make it one of the best in the country. I'm taking inspiration from SAF and the assymetric 442 in use has done wonders (just beat a team 8-0 after 2 draws and one defeat).

Berbaclass

Think of a style of play or some kind of a narrative. I started unemployed with the aim to take a newly promoted side (to the lowest possible division) and make it one of the best in the country. I'm taking inspiration from SAF and the assymetric 442 in use has done wonders (just beat a team 8-0 after 2 draws and one defeat).
That's another one on my list to do. I'm planning on creating a club from scratch on the editor again like I did last year and taking them from the bottom with just regens etc.

Sort of like the Regen Rovers series that Golden FM does on YouTube.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Sold Lukaku, needed a replacement

:drool:
What the hell. Is that even possible? Maybe I'll try to replace Lukaku in the summer (if I get out of bed). Mbappe to make my French group stronger.

Martial - Mbappe - Dembele
Pogba
Pavard - Varane

roonster09

Scout
What the hell. Is that even possible? Maybe I'll try to replace Lukaku in the summer (if I get out of bed). Mbappe to make my French group stronger.

Martial - Mbappe - Dembele
Pogba
Pavard - Varane
Just sign Lucas Hernandez and Kante, then it will be like playing with French NT. :D

roonster09

Scout
Btw I think there is something really wrong with match engine or my tactics. Everyone just tries to play the ball over the defense repeatedly. I remember someone raising it as a bug on SI forum, not sure whether it is though.

I play with attacking mentality, so maybe players are rushing in their decision making. Anyone have same issues? Or you guys playing with lower mentality?

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Btw I think there is something really wrong with match engine or my tactics. Everyone just tries to play the ball over the defense repeatedly. I remember someone raising it as a bug on SI forum, not sure whether it is though.

I play with attacking mentality, so maybe players are rushing in their decision making. Anyone have same issues? Or you guys playing with lower mentality?
Ye, attacking seriously increase urgency. Make sure the player missing passes has other options and required attributes. I play with lower tempo so the fullbacks overlap but depends on the system.

roonster09

Scout
Ye, attacking seriously increase urgency. Make sure the player missing passes has other options and required attributes. I play with lower tempo so the fullbacks overlap but depends on the system.
My midfielders all have very good stats, maybe it's the tactics. Even my fullbacks overlap a lot and they are the ones who provide width but this is more an issue when we win possession and try to counter. First option they take is route 1.

Thinking of few options, maybe after winning possession I have to select retain shape, maybe I have to remove the pass into space option and also play on lower mentalities.

Now in the middle of the season, so not the time to experiment when everything is clicking. Will check these options with new tactic in preseason.

Btw do you use pass the ball into space option? I always assumed it's more like through ball, it's working more like Pulisball now.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Just sign Lucas Hernandez and Kante, then it will be like playing with French NT. :D
Funny thing is, I was looking at both during the first window. Went for Tierney because I assumed getting him from Celtic would be cheaper than Hernandez from Atletico, they've progressed to become similar players. Tierney averages 1 more in technique and mentality over Hernandez.
Kante would be a great choice if he could play DLP or if I skipped SMS. Think if I could pick 1 player from Chelsea now it would be Jorginho. He would fit so nicely.

roonster09

Scout
Funny thing is, I was looking at both during the first window. Went for Tierney because I assumed getting him from Celtic would be cheaper than Hernandez from Atletico, they've progressed to become similar players. Tierney averages 1 more in technique and mentality over Hernandez.
Kante would be a great choice if he could play DLP or if I skipped SMS. Think if I could pick 1 player from Chelsea now it would be Jorginho. He would fit so nicely.
Even I checked Lucas Hernandez but thought his attacking stats were average and he looked more like a CB than LB.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
"League-finale" against Spurs comming up.
Started to turn my luck against top teams. After the terrible loss in the Carabao cup finale and the loss right after against Wolves in the league I went on to win against City, Tottenham (FA semi) and Juventus (Ronaldo injured).

My 2 last games was Tottenham and then Juventus. My next 2 games are Tottenham, Juventus, Bournemouth and Pool.
I have a lot more hard games to go in the league than Tottenham. Apart from our fixture Bournemouth is 9th, Pool is 3rd (1-3 are close, 4th is further behind), Fulham is fighting against relegation and Arsenal are 4th.

Spurs has me & City, brighton who fights against relegation and the rest are mid-table. So I more or less need to win this one to still compete for the title. I'm a point behind them as well.

Ended in a draw. Fred fecked about with silly passes, my attackers (SMS & Dembele injured) managed to do nothing. Pogba got a goal, but Sanchez grabbed one against me a few minutes later. Guess I need help if I am to get the title.

Last edited: