Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Is there just me that hates that you have to go through the Development Centre to get to the reserve/U19 teams?

I think that’s pretty annoying to have to click 3 times to get to something that used to be on the main menu.
Yep, with you here. Appreciate the concept but the execution is flawed currently. Why would you make an extra level that prevents me viewing my youth squads directly? Just leave it as a stand-alone summary page.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yep, with you here. Appreciate the concept but the execution is flawed currently. Why would you make an extra level that prevents me viewing my youth squads directly? Just leave it as a stand-alone summary page.
It’s probably because they want people to actually use it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Started a game as the FC Nordsjaelland manager. Won my first two games including an away win at Midtjylland.

Signed Rian Brewster on loan but in the time it took to complete the deal my 19 year old striker Isaac Atanga has scored 5 goals in the first 2 games.

LInkash

Won league twice in a row with United. On my fourth season now, top of the league and Qatar World Cup has just come, which I didn't think about!

hubbuh

So the game is out then? I was about to buy it from here but do I need to buy it with the BETA? CDkeys as mentioned above?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Started a game as the FC Nordsjaelland manager. Won my first two games including an away win at Midtjylland.

Signed Rian Brewster on loan but in the time it took to complete the deal my 19 year old striker Isaac Atanga has scored 5 goals in the first 2 games.

Won the league and the cup with Nordsjaelland. Didn't expect to do it in my first season so now I'm looking for a little step up maybe to another league. Been turned down by some clubs as they don't even know who I am :lol:

Rhian Brewster scored 25 goals for me. He came valued at 5m and now his spell is over he's worth 23m.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Won the league and the cup with Nordsjaelland. Didn't expect to do it in my first season so now I'm looking for a little step up maybe to another league. Been turned down by some clubs as they don't even know who I am :lol:

Rhian Brewster scored 25 goals for me. He came valued at 5m and now his spell is over he's worth 23m.
That sounds a fun save

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That sounds a fun save
Yeah they've got a really good young squad. I think one player was over 30.

Only problem is I've been absolutely raided in the summer. Bournemouth offered 5m for my 19 year old CAM so I accepted and the board blocked it saying they think they can get 21m for him, so I'm like oops that was lucky. Next time they come in I try to negotiate and they never even go anywhere near past 5.5m. Now he's mad at me for blocking his transfer and I have no way of saying the board blocked it :houllier:

Made about 13m in transfer income and managed to get Brewster back on loan. Having a partnership with City helps as well as I pay no fees to loan from them. Also loaned Ki-Jana Hoever.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah they've got a really good young squad. I think one player was over 30.

Only problem is I've been absolutely raided in the summer. Bournemouth offered 5m for my 19 year old CAM so I accepted and the board blocked it saying they think they can get 21m for him, so I'm like oops that was lucky. Next time they come in I try to negotiate and they never even go anywhere near past 5.5m. Now he's mad at me for blocking his transfer and I have no way of saying the board blocked it :houllier:

Made about 13m in transfer income and managed to get Brewster back on loan. Having a partnership with City helps as well as I pay no fees to loan from them.
Typical FM problems regarding the player interaction. Those problems have been there since I played 5/6 years ago

Castia

Anybody having performance issues? the fps is all over the place.

Just stood on the player select screen and the fps is going from 140 down to 16 fps? decent pc playing most games on ultra, first time ive ever had performance issues on FM.

Berbaclass

Anybody having performance issues? the fps is all over the place.

Just stood on the player select screen and the fps is going from 140 down to 16 fps? decent pc playing most games on ultra, first time ive ever had performance issues on FM.
Well is is a beta TBF. Apparently Miles said the full game ME is much improved.

Berbaclass

Brewster is a beast. I had him on loan last year when I was managing Yeovil and he carried me at times. Congrats on the title!

Berbaclass

I think I clicked the wrong button somewhere as my board have just signed a player and I was not aware of any of it :lol:

The good news is that it was Haaland and were only paying £14.5 Million, which from reading online seems a really nice deal!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can you get this on tablet

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If you buy this do you get the option to play the full mode and a quicker one? I remember this was an option a few years ago but I see they have a touch version now for a little cheaper so do you essentially have to buy them separately?

Berbaclass

If you buy this do you get the option to play the full mode and a quicker one? I remember this was an option a few years ago but I see they have a touch version now for a little cheaper so do you essentially have to buy them separately?
Yeah, but you can buy just Touch if you only want that for a lesser price.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
anybody good places to download the club badges and faces etc? FMscout seems to have had them taken down.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finished my 2nd season with United. Finished 3rd on 85 points, City top with 98 points and Liverpool 2nd with 96. Won the CL at least, but it's looking like I'll need 100 points to win the title after City got 97 last year and 98 this year. Liverpool with 94 and 96, me with 96 and 85.

Haaland top scorer despite being squad player, Greenwood a few behind Rashford despite being squad player, Martial on only 15 or so disappointingly. Pogba reject the contract offer, was asking for 400k a week so I might sell him and move Maddison deeper.

lewwoo

Have they sorted out the ridiculous ai squad management yet? Do they actually buy players that improve their teams or just random still? Really ruins it for me.

DevilsOwn

Has the updated match engine gotten rid of that stupid Long range shots bit? Broke the beta for me.

Andreas Pereira scored 4 in a Europa cup game for me. 2 long range worldies and 2 free kicks! :rolleyes:

Dan_F

Has the updated match engine gotten rid of that stupid Long range shots bit? Broke the beta for me.

Andreas Pereira scored 4 in a Europa cup game for me. 2 long range worldies and 2 free kicks! :rolleyes:
They definitely seemed to have changed something. I am struggling in the first few matches today. The amount of one on ones missed is worse than normal.

DevilsOwn

They definitely seemed to have changed something. I am struggling in the first few matches today. The amount of one on ones missed is worse than normal.
Martial, Halland, Rashaford never ever scored a 1-on-1 on the Beta.
I am so pissed of with the match engine, dont feel like loading up the game even though Steam has updated it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I am so pissed of with the match engine, dont feel like loading up the game even though Steam has updated it
Brewster scores a solid amount of one on ones for me.

dove

They have definitely toned down long shots after the last update, there is much less pointless sideways passing but 1-on-1s is still a big issue for me as well. I am into my 4th season now, having played nearly 200 matches or so. I get at least 1-2 1-on-1 chances per game but I scored like 2. My 1v1 success rate is like 1 out of 100, not even joking... Match engine clearly generates these chances too easily and then probably makes it impossible to convert the chances in order to avoid hockey scorelines like some FM version had I remember where 6-3 was a standard result. Not good enough.

lewwoo

If you want to play over a few seasons until they sort out squad building by the other teams its pointless. All the top teams get significantly weaker and dont replace players in positions they need. Ruins the realism.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been offered the Leicester job so I had to take it. I said I'll join at the end of the season as want to win my second Danish title but as soon as I've said I'm leaving it's like we can never score a goal again. Lost 3 on the bounce and my 14 point lead at the top is now 5.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been offered the Leicester job so I had to take it. I said I'll join at the end of the season as want to win my second Danish title but as soon as I've said I'm leaving it's like we can never score a goal again. Lost 3 on the bounce and my 14 point lead at the top is now 5.
So for some reason Leicester had a smaller budget than Nordsjaelland and were in a negative wage budget.

I've had to sell some players to make any cash and balance things. Overhauled the staff as well.

Somehow managed to grab Donnarumma on a free which was a massive coup. Pissed with the board blocking my transfers at times though. I offered 5m plus 20m after 5 international apps for a German player (knowing he can't play for Germany) and the fecking stupid board blocked it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So for some reason Leicester had a smaller budget than Nordsjaelland and were in a negative wage budget.

I've had to sell some players to make any cash and balance things. Overhauled the staff as well.

Somehow managed to grab Donnarumma on a free which was a massive coup. Pissed with the board blocking my transfers at times though. I offered 5m plus 20m after 5 international apps for a German player (knowing he can't play for Germany) and the fecking stupid board blocked it.

Think that's a decent transfer window considering. Panicked a bit at the end as I had no real quality at RW.

pascell

Full backs shooting from the byline and hitting the near post. Really annoying :|
The FM reddit forum was on about this, seems to be happening to everyone and post patch a lot of penalties happening and no strikers scoring 1-on-1s. Some funny stories and videos on there, worth checking it out

Castia

The game just isn’t as smooth as usual. The match engine seems locked to 56 FPS for some strange reason and it looks awful. Whilst outside of a match scrolling through menu’s can go from 144 FPS down to 12 FPS randomly. shite optimisation on my system and I’ve got a decent PC I don’t know what’s going on.