Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Decided to start a long term career save where I start unemployed, with international level playing experience. Want to be able to take over a championship level team off the bat, as starting lower down is too much of a chore IMO, not knowing any of the players then taking way too long to work your way up properly. In the Championship I can at least work with a pool of players I somewhat know.

Anyway, took until the end of November but finally got an offer from a team. Bristol City who were in the relegation zone. Team seems to be in a bit of a mess but should be decent. End goal will usually be to get to United eventually, but will try to eventually win in Spain/Germany/Italy first (or at a different English club, until the United job opens up).

Jonno

Purchased FM2020 Touch on my iPad Pro, its playing very well and looks great on the large screen.

I do however have a keyboard case and I’d LOVE to be able to speed through the menus/press continue with the old school space bar option, but they don’t seem to have implemented that at this stage. Such a simple thing they could do that would improve my gameplay.

Unless I’m missing some simple setting to turn it on.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does anyone know where to set your Head Of Youth Development to bring in new intakes? I can't find it in the responsibilities section and for some reason my DOF just brought in the latest crop and they all suck arse.

EDIT: Nvm I did it. Worded differently this year. feck what a waste of a year of youth intake.

Currently somehow top of the Prem with Leicester in my first season btw. 6 games to go but might not be able to get over the line.

Sara125

Anyone seen that guy on Reddit who has done so well on FM over the past few years with some club called FC Bezanija in Serbia that he has showed his game achievements to the director of the club via Facebook. They employed him and he has now been working there for a month as a data analyst and they haven’t lost since (5W 1D). Pretty cool.

(Sorry I posted the link but I didn’t realise that with this new site format the whole thing shows and it looks untidy so I removed it)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It comes down to this.

Won two straight titles at Nordsjaelland and now I've come into Leicester who finished last season 12th and we are an away win at City from the PL title.

bosnian_red

Decided to start a long term career save where I start unemployed, with international level playing experience. Want to be able to take over a championship level team off the bat, as starting lower down is too much of a chore IMO, not knowing any of the players then taking way too long to work your way up properly. In the Championship I can at least work with a pool of players I somewhat know.

Anyway, took until the end of November but finally got an offer from a team. Bristol City who were in the relegation zone. Team seems to be in a bit of a mess but should be decent. End goal will usually be to get to United eventually, but will try to eventually win in Spain/Germany/Italy first (or at a different English club, until the United job opens up).
Finished my first season in 12th. Loaned Tuanzebe in January and that helped loads as my defence was shite. Was pushing to sneak into a playoff spot but was too far off ultimately when I took over. End of the season had an inteview with Crystal Palace but they picked Alan Pardew instead, feckers. Anyway, going to push for promotion this season and just went all out on loan offers. Brought in Brewster, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Tuanzebe and extended the existing loan Bristol City had when I took over for Pedro Pereira (a RB from Benfica who played pretty well). Sold a bunch of players as well as the squad was horrendously balanced, but the 5 loan players should be more than good enough to get me at least in a playoff spot.

Elsewhere, Chelsea won the league, United won the league cup but lost in the fa cup final and uefa cup final, City won the CL, Klopp took over at Atletico after Liverpool missed out on the top 4 by 1 point (chelsea, city, arsenal and Spurs were top 4).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's acceptable to reload in this scenario IMO :lol:
I've forced myself to not do that with this save. The instant I do that I lose interest.

Lost a game 2 - 1 at home to 16th placed West Brom a couple games before this which really cost me the title. I was raging but I just accepted it.

dove

The game just isn’t as smooth as usual. The match engine seems locked to 56 FPS for some strange reason and it looks awful. Whilst outside of a match scrolling through menu’s can go from 144 FPS down to 12 FPS randomly. shite optimisation on my system and I’ve got a decent PC I don’t know what’s going on.
It's not randomly. They said they lock it to 15 FPS on static screens to save battery life on devices that does have it and to be fair there is no reason to have more FPS here. 3D engine is a different story, it was never smooth for me.

DevilsOwn

So continued my in-Beta gamesave with United.

Got some really great Loan deals - for Halland, Bernardeschi, Rodriguez and Douglas Costa (all with future option to buy).
Bought Emre Can to replace Matic and a panic buy - young back-up GK as Romero suffered a 6 month injury just before the transfer window ended.

Loaned out Mata (with fixed future fee), Jones and Greenwood (to Leicster)

Players In

Players Out

out

Have had a much better season than expected. Halland has replaced Martial as first choice striker. he is getting a goal a game.
Bernardeschi, Rodriguez and Rashford are first choice behind Halland.

Bissaka is brilliant!

Arsenal are playing brilliantly.

Table:

A very interesting last 3 games coming up. With a potential title decider...

United schedule:

Arsenal schedule:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
How much are people paying for this? Any black Friday deals?
Last FM I bought was 2015 so I think it's time for an upgrade.

SirAF

Ageist
Is the iPad version significantly inferior to the PC/Mac one?

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Is it worth getting if you have 19?
No, not yet. I regret buying it. Prefered 18 to 19 and 20 is even worse than both. ME has gotten really repetitive. Next patch usually around christmas, hopefully there's significant improvement.

SirAF

Ageist
Depends what you want out of it really but in general I'd say yeah, it's a very different game/way of playing
Build an empire spanning decades :drool:

Might have to go for the Mac version at some point then.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is the iPad version significantly inferior to the PC/Mac one?
Erm yes and no. It’s not the full FM. It’s basically the same as FM Touch on PC with a few database restrictions. You can even play/continue your save from the iPad on the computer which is a cool feature.

Santos J

Build an empire spanning decades :drool:

Might have to go for the Mac version at some point then.
Yeah if you want to get into it then definitely get the desktop version, much more in depth.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So I'm playing as united, still in the first season as i'm playing an online save with a friend.

Signed Bruno Fernandes, Chiesa Kurzawa (5m as transfer listed and back up to Shaw) in the summer. Eriksen in January.

Looking to get a striker next as i'll probably keep Martial/Rashford for the LW, Greenwood +1 up front.

My scouts seem to really rate Odsonne Edouard from Celtic, anybody else used him? The obvious choice is Haaland but this early on Edouard seems more developed, and Greenwood will probably be my main star eventually.

BTW how good does Mejbri look! already at 16 he's flying up in stats.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
God I hate Liverpool. I can’t beat them FFS. I played them first at Old Trafford and we were doing okay until Salah scores a great goal, fair enough. Then AWB stupidly gets a second yellow card before 34 minutes and I’m like FFS what should I do here?

Subbed Chilwell off for Tuanzebe and went to a back 3 and we fecking battered them, eventually getting an equaliser only for them to stroll up the other end and Mané taps it in.
Was even worse at Anfield, where I got dominated by Firmino

currently line up like this:

GK - DDG

RB - AWB
CB - Lindelof
CB - Maguire
LB - Chilwell

CM - Goretzka
CM - McTominay/Aranguiz

RW - Douglas Costa
CAM - Pogba
LW - Rashford

ST - Martial

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
One on ones seem a lot better for me but three things still really bother me with the match engine:

- Wingers are still getting to the byline and shooting into the side netting instead of cutting it back to the 3 players in the box.

- The whole ‘player going on a long dribble and missing right at the end’ thing is still too common.

- Players having shots that nearly go out by the corner flag. Or just shots in general that are crazy wide of the goal. I think this happened once with John O’Shea in real life and it got giffed for years. It happens like once a game for me. Players get through on goal or just have an opening and the shot is just a bizarre amount of wide.

DevilsOwn

One on ones seem a lot better for me but three things still really bother me with the match engine:

- Wingers are still getting to the byline and shooting into the side netting instead of cutting it back to the 3 players in the box.

- The whole ‘player going on a long dribble and missing right at the end’ thing is still too common.

- Players having shots that nearly go out by the corner flag. Or just shots in general that are crazy wide of the goal. I think this happened once with John O’Shea in real life and it got giffed for years. It happens like once a game for me. Players get through on goal or just have an opening and the shot is just a bizarre amount of wide.
The above 2 are so common. Now if anyone starts running with the ball i know its ending up in the side netting.
And given that i have my team set to run with the ball, Luke Shaw and Bissaka seem to have "great run but missed in the end" atleast 3-4 times every game.

We tend to miss a lot of penalties too, no matter who takes it. Glitch or too realistic?? :)

gormless

This drives me absolutely mental

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thinking of getting this. From what I've read Pogba is a pain in the ass, so wondering if Maddison and Ndidi would be good in midfield with Eriksen as AM? Is it possible in the first season, assuming Eriksen is attainable for free.

Not seen any mentions of Sancho.

Nickosaur

My first save will probably be Brighton or United. United are in a bigger mess so could be fun to completely restructure the club. Last Brighton save I did they were in the Championship so there isn't quite as much progress to make now. But solidifying them into a top 4 team within say 3 seasons could be a good challenge.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thinking of getting this. From what I've read Pogba is a pain in the ass, so wondering if Maddison and Ndidi would be good in midfield with Eriksen as AM? Is it possible in the first season, assuming Eriksen is attainable for free.

Not seen any mentions of Sancho.
Go for Bruno Fernandes. Available in the first window for around 45m and he turns out to be world class.

I got Eriksen for similar money in the January window, he ended up transfer listed in January so I don't think Tottenham will wait for him to leave for free in the summer.

Sancho isn't easy to get, he costs 100m + and that's the same amount of money United get in the first window.

He also prefers playing LW which is where Rashford/Martial are their strongest. He can play RW but he's not fully comfortable there on the game. I might get him in the summer depending on the fee.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Go for Bruno Fernandes. Available in the first window for around 45m and he turns out to be world class.

I got Eriksen for similar money in the January window, he ended up transfer listed in January so I don't think Tottenham will wait for him to leave for free in the summer.

Sancho isn't easy to get, he costs 100m + and that's the same amount of money United get in the first window.

He also prefers playing LW which is where Rashford/Martial are their strongest. He can play RW but he's not fully comfortable there on the game. I might get him in the summer depending on the fee.
Noted, cheers! Might get it this weekend

Santos J

Started with Bolton, massive challenge with feck all money and the 12 point deduction. 10 games in and I'm on 2 points now though so doing alright, some good results too with wins vs Ipswich, Sunderland & Portsmouth in there. A relatively big amount of youth prospects in the squad as well which surprised me, 15 players in total with either 4 and a half or 5 star potential who are 19 or younger. Going to be a struggle at the end of the season though financially as there's nobody to really sell and with £500k p/m being paid against a £40m loan it's not going to look great.

bosnian_red

Won the championship in my second season with Bristol City. Unfortunately I loaned in 5 players (Angel Gomes, Chong, Tuanzebe, Brewster, Matheson after the other guy lost his work permit) so my squad was empty heading into the premier league season. Got a 30m budget to spend at least. Managed to extend Tuanzebe and Brewster again, but you can only have one loan from a club at a time, so couldn't resign the others. Bought Matheson and Soyuncu for around 10m each, loaned Willock instead and then loaned some guy from City to rotate in my attack, but my squad is still way too fecking thin. Tried to sign Haaland as he was still at Salzburg before doing any business, but he asked for 110k wages which I could stretch to sadly.

Feel like I'm up against it to stay in the league, but we'll see! Aiming to do enough to boost my rep and then get an offer from the Bundesliga or something.

Red Star One

Having a lot or fun with Leicester at the moment. Squad is decent, not the biggest fan of players age of Vardy (and not so versatile ones) but he’s such a monster he’s got to play the main role. Upgraded AMR and got a good youngster to rotate with Maddison at AMC. So far so good the new FM.

also not too many players want to join me as of now, which makes it all a bit more challenging. Wanted to give a try with United, but the squad feels so overpowered compared to reality and you already have arguably the best youngsters in the league, so it seemed just a bit too much of “ take a big club and win every season” task.

LInkash

Finally won the Champions League in my 7th season at United. Took a stupid amount of spending on world class players, my attack is so stacked that Rashford didn't even get a spot in the CL squad and Martial is a sub only.

I have 2 world class players in nearly every position and do a full rotation every game. In terms of my first choice 11, only De Gea and Dalot of all people (better than AWB for me) are current United players in there. Pogba was first choice too until very recently but he's getting on a bit now.

I don't really bother with detailed tactics, just play best players in their best positions so I just rely on my big money signings! I don't use the youth as much as I should as a United manager, which is a bit of a downside. I offloaded Greenwood and a whole bunch of others, they just didn't make the cut vs my superstars. Gomes is my squad though, as a sub. I do have a world class regen midfielder who came through the ranks though, which is a big success story.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Got promoted for the third season in a row in my York game and am now in League 1, however it seems league football has been canceled as it's now September and no fixtures have came out.