Gaming Football Manager 2022

NoLogo

Stay with Bremen! The quality of loans you can bring in with Cl football will be tremendous. Lots of wonder kids in South America with release clauses to be scouted too.

It will mean more having a good season with Bremen in the CL and it will be a whole lot more enjoyable.

Sevilla always win the Europa anyway, so you can only fail there! :lol:
Oh yeah that's true, they probably would have expected that from me. Well that ship has sailed now and I'm almost done with my squad for the season. Managed to bring in 3 players so far. Ahmedhodzic from Bayern on a permanent deal for €9.25M. Amine Grouiri for €12.5M and Lorenzo Lucca for €16M. Lucca might turn out to be a bit of a steal, he was transfer listed by request and quite a lot of teams were interested in him but for some reason I was the only one putting in a bid and he joined my Bermen side. Looks like we'll be having a proper striker this season, which is needed.

Also extended the loan deal with Amad and brought in two more Manchester United Youngsters, Hannibal and Alejandro Francés. During the winter break last season I also managed to bring in Harvey Elliott from Liverpool on a loan till the end of the 23/24 campaign, so he and Malang Sarr are both still at the club. So far both have be a rather mixed bag though, Elliott hasn't played that well and Malang Sarr had unfortunately a couple of terrible games where he cost us points last season. Hope he can improve this year.

I'm still on the lookout for a quality midfielder, but I have only about €5M left, so it's probably going to have to be a loan deal, if only Real would loan me Camavinga, that would be nice. :lol:

K Stand Knut

So my Auxerre save went a bit Pete Tong.

Had a run towards the end of the season where I didn’t win for about 10 games and only 1 win in 12 or 13. Barely scored in that run either so my goal scorers are clearly an issue, however, the data hub indicates that they are fairy average.

42 goals scored and 24 conceded led to 4th place but a loss in the play-off final.

As always with my smaller club saves, I’m now really bought in to it and will do another season with, hopefully getting promotion next season.

I’ll have a bit of a deeper look at the tactics side of things also and see if I can get some more goals scored.

I reckon With 10 more goals scored, I’d have secured automatic promotion

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh yeah that's true, they probably would have expected that from me. Well that ship has sailed now and I'm almost done with my squad for the season. Managed to bring in 3 players so far. Ahmedhodzic from Bayern on a permanent deal for €9.25M. Amine Grouiri for €12.5M and Lorenzo Lucca for €16M. Lucca might turn out to be a bit of a steal, he was transfer listed by request and quite a lot of teams were interested in him but for some reason I was the only one putting in a bid and he joined my Bermen side. Looks like we'll be having a proper striker this season, which is needed.

Also extended the loan deal with Amad and brought in two more Manchester United Youngsters, Hannibal and Alejandro Francés. During the winter break last season I also managed to bring in Harvey Elliott from Liverpool on a loan till the end of the 23/24 campaign, so he and Malang Sarr are both still at the club. So far both have be a rather mixed bag though, Elliott hasn't played that well and Malang Sarr had unfortunately a couple of terrible games where he cost us points last season. Hope he can improve this year.

I'm still on the lookout for a quality midfielder, but I have only about €5M left, so it's probably going to have to be a loan deal, if only Real would loan me Camavinga, that would be nice. :lol:
Lucca is incredible. He's become a legend in my Napoli side.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just beat City 3 - 2 with a 91st minute winner to go joint top of the table. They're relentless. I've reached the Carabao Cup Final though and for once it's not City. Southampton instead.

sebsheep

Ended up at Defensor Sporting who had just been relegated to the Uruguay 2nd division. 400k in debt so we had no transfer budget, 0% of any sales and had to reduce the wages we were spending (10.5k p/w) by 2.5k a week just to get inline.

They had this guy out on loan last year

No other midfielder at the club even comes close to the guy, absolute madness.
Have to secure promotion by winning the league. Having fixed the wage budget we're predicted to finish 2nd behind the Uruguayan River Plate.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Signed this guy for £49m when he was 15 and he's finally joined. Looks even better than I expected! Already scored his first goal in the FA Cup.

Add him to the CB I already have and we (and the Italians) are sorted for a decade.

NoLogo

Lucca is incredible. He's become a legend in my Napoli side.
He certainly looks very promising and is better than Arezo, who unfortunately isn't developing too well. Only thing that irks me a bit, I had to agree to a €28M buy out clause. But hey, who knows, if he really does well I might use that myself at my next club. :keano:

Also tried to get Gavi on another loan and according to my scouts he is very interested but stupid Barce don't want to do another loan deal. :mad:

Last edited:

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
We just ran in to too many fixtures in the end.

We lost 3-0 to Crawley and went on a small run of dropping points. and ended up finishing the season in 5th. Which was enough to qualify for the play offs. But we also beat continued our FA Trophy run and finishing 5th did mean we would play an extra game all be it at home. We played Scunthorpe in the first play off round and won the game 4-2. But then we had the old foe Crawley away from home in the semi final just 4 days later and although we battled as hard as we could we lost the game 3-1 and have to settle for another season in the National League.

in the fifth round of the FA Trophy we batter South Shields 5-2 and in the quarter final we were drawn away to Gloucester and we threw away a 2 goal lead and the game finished 2-2, replay one the wednesday and history repeated itself at home. 2 up and cruising, threw the lead away but this time we profited immediately from silly defending and won the game 3-2.

The semi final first leg was piss poor and i threw a bottle across the room afterwards, we lost 3-1 and I wasn't happy at all. I did rest my entire first team except our keeper for the league game inbetween though (which we won 1-0) and then in typical FM style, we won the second leg 3-0 and we were Wembley bound.

In the final we met eventual play off winners Wrexham and we were superb. a 1-0 win after extra time delivers the first silverware of the save.

Oh and with the trophy run and large gates this season, the board have £300k in the bank and they have agreed to spend half of it on improving the youth set up, so hopefully that will help us move forward.

K Stand Knut

Has anyone else has Mbappe be released on a free at the end of the first season??

just tried to sign him for Auxerre but he’s wasn’t too keen

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Can someone help me?

What is the most correct tactic for a false 9?

sebsheep

I try to play a striker as false 9 and there is no option?

Deeplying forward or trequrista?

What is the whole tactic?
That's a bit odd, there should always be an option to use the role.

Are you using a custom skin?

Brophs

The One and Only
I think I ask this every few years but does the game still do that bidding in a cycle thing where AI teams are trying to buy your player, so they start off with a low-ish bid, say £20m, then finally, after a few rejections, bid something like £60m. You reject that and the following week they bid £20m again and start the same loop.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think I ask this every few years but does the game still do that bidding in a cycle thing where AI teams are trying to buy your player, so they start off with a low-ish bid, say £20m, then finally, after a few rejections, bid something like £60m. You reject that and the following week they bid £20m again and start the same loop.
they seem to instead decide to consistently lowball you in this one.

Nickosaur

For all you journeyman managers. When you want to move on, do you resign? Or wait until an actual offer comes in?

First season done with Llanelli Town. Won the 2nd division title on the last day, fantastic result given we were predicted 7th. Been good fun and I got my first two coaching badges there. But I don't have much enthusiasm to continue.

Board has offered me an extension to continue next year. Do I accept, but keep an eye out for other jobs? Or just reject the offer/resign and go on the job hunt again?

sebsheep

For all you journeyman managers. When you want to move on, do you resign? Or wait until an actual offer comes in?

First season done with Llanelli Town. Won the 2nd division title on the last day, fantastic result given we were predicted 7th. Been good fun and I got my first two coaching badges there. But I don't have much enthusiasm to continue.

Board has offered me an extension to continue next year. Do I accept, but keep an eye out for other jobs? Or just reject the offer/resign and go on the job hunt again?
I'd just reject the offer and keep an eye out for jobs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I stay at the club until an offer comes in. I usually look more around Jan/Feb as they’ll let you take over in June and I don’t like to switch clubs mid season.

Nickosaur

I'd just reject the offer and keep an eye out for jobs.
I stay at the club until an offer comes in. I usually look more around Jan/Feb as they’ll let you take over in June and I don’t like to switch clubs mid season.
Cheers both! Bit undecided, may see how long I can stick around without actually signing the extension.

Dan_F

Yeah every single transfer window for half of my players, it’s crazy. Even though I rejected a £40 million offer for my wonderkid 6 months ago, I’m now going to accept your £4 million pound bid.

I think I’m going to have to stop playing this, it’s been fun while I’ve had two weeks off, but the game just seems to be broken eight seasons in. Players complaining about game time even though the physio is recommending I give them a weeks rest and other dumb stuff.

The best one I had earlier was my left back making me promise that I wouldn’t accept any transfer bids for him. No problem. Then on the first day of the next window, a team comes in with a terrible offer and he is disgusted I didn’t accept it.

Lay

Third season at L.Moscow is going wrong all of a sudden. The transfer window saw Ralf Rangnick sell our best defender to United on the last day, despite having a bit more time to sign a replacement, I decided to stick with what I have.

After being unbeaten after 10 games and top, the last 7 games yielded only 1 win with 4 defeats. The team seems to have lost all confidence, we lost at home to the second worst team in the league 3-0.

UCL group consists of PSV, Dortmund and Juventus. Beat PSV first game, drew away at Dortmund but then lost 4-1 and 6-0 to Juventus. I can still qualify but need to win both my games and hope Juventus beat Dortmund.

However I worry I’ll be sacked, the board are happy with finishing top 6 but displeased with the current form of the team.

sebsheep

Cannot believe how the season has just ended.
Came back from a month long break in the season in 2nd with 6 games to go.

-Won 3 in a row to move top of the league.

-DM gets himself sent off in a 0-0 draw but we remain top on GD.

-Lose against the team in 2nd to a 93rd minute goal, in a game where my keeper did that stupid rush out to the middle of the box to leave an open goal thing.

-Board decide this is the perfect time to sell out best midfielder without my permission.

-Final game and we're 3-0 up after 18 minutes and go in 3-1 at half time. The team who are top are 1-1 and down to 10. They go 2-1 down in the 2nd half and it looks like the to title is ours. 81st minute it's 3-2 and I'm getting nervous. Only went and conceded a 95th minute equaliser to miss out on the title... FFS.

They haven't been letting me do any badges either so I might have a look at what sort of jobs are available now I have a promotion on my CV.

NoLogo

-Lose against the team in 2nd to a 93rd minute goal, in a game where my keeper did that stupid rush out to the middle of the box to leave an open goal thing.

-Board decide this is the perfect time to sell out best midfielder without my permission.

-Final game and we're 3-0 up after 18 minutes and go in 3-1 at half time. The team who are top are 1-1 and down to 10. They go 2-1 down in the 2nd half and it looks like the to title is ours. 81st minute it's 3-2 and I'm getting nervous. Only went and conceded a 95th minute equaliser to miss out on the title... FFS.

They haven't been letting me do any badges either so I might have a look at what sort of jobs are available now I have a promotion on my CV.
That's brutal man. Losing the title after a 3-0 lead is just mean.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bétis Update

Summer of no money, means we had to sell and the club just sucks up the money we make. Hopefully we start to see a turnaround there soon, but it just looks like one of those clubs that will never have money.

We moved on Rodri (15 million, finally), Zakaria (9 million), Kluivert (13 million) and yes, we released 40 goal man, Borja Iglesias.

He wanted 79,000 a week and would turn 35 in January. He also wanted to remain an important player and wouldn’t accept being demoted to a squad player (I guess 40 goals justifies that). So, unfortunately, we had to let him go. What a legend though! :(

We got in Ahmedhodzic on a free to take Ampadu’s place (after Madrid bought him for 25 million in January), and Hannibal comes in on a free too. A more than competent deputy at AMC!

I decided the priority was the attacking positions. We needed to make sure that those front 4 positions would always have quality in them with rotation. I didn’t trust the backups we had before.

With that in mind, two more wonderkids. One, Zitka is a Czech left forward who we have scouted for some time. 9 million after add-ons, but offers us a different type of player from the powerful Serbian winger, Nitkovic, we play there now.

The other wasn’t scouted at all! I noticed names like United and Liverpool were looking at Efe, a 19 year old Turkish forward that showed up in a random scout report. We scouted him for a week and paid up the 10 million before the bigger teams had a chance. Very quick and skillful and can fill in at CF too!

Money all but done and still missing an RwB and only having two options at CM, I noticed a problem…we only had two home grown Spaniards in the squad! So now we had to fill those holes in the team with exclusively Spanish players!! (Registration nearly tanked out season last year with the Kluivert debacle!)

After a bit of a panic, we had to overpay in installments (15 million in all :nervous:) for a 31 year old Odrizola, but a bit of experience in this team might not be a bad thing for a few years. Happy enough with him.

In midfield, we had to settle for a 32 year old Saul (with questionable physicals), but we were out of options after some really poor planning on my part. Those late installments deals for two aging players could really hurt us over the next few years. We also brought in Nico, on loan from Leeds, in case the old men fall apart over the course of the season!

Very excited about the attack and always having great options on the pitch, feel good about the defence (although our fullbacks could be better) and am just hoping Saul and Emre Can can hold it together in midfield! Kana is still the key man there.

We have started well with 3 wins and our CL group is winnable. Seeded this year, we got Napoli, Leverkusen and Club Brugge.

No money, and well over the wage bill, let’s see what the season brings…

Last edited:

gormless

downloaded a mod from passion4fm which means there is a wider variety of countries that wonderkids generate from. Restarted the game and focussing on building a big scouting network to begin with

Maluco

That is absolutely brutal :mad: I would have been pissed and fined the whole team :lol:

sebsheep

Bétis Update

Summer of no money, means we had to sell and the club just sucks up the money we make. Hopefully we start to see a turnaround there soon, but it just looks like one of those clubs that will never have money.

We moved on Rodri (15 million, finally), Zakaria (9 million), Kluivert (13 million) and yes, we released 40 goal man, Borja Iglesias.

He wanted 79,000 a week and would turn 35 in January. He also wanted to remain an important player and wouldn’t accept being demoted to a squad player (I guess 40 goals justifies that). So, unfortunately, we had to let him go. What a legend though! :(

We got in Ahmedhodzic on a free to take Ampadu’s place (after Madrid bought him for 25 million in January), and Hannibal comes in on a free too. A more than competent deputy at AMC!

I decided the priority was the attacking positions. We needed to make sure that those front 4 positions would always have quality in them with rotation. I didn’t trust the backups we had before.

With that in mind, two more wonderkids. One, Zitka is a Czech left forward who we have scouted for some time. 9 million after add-ons, but offers us a different type of player from the powerful Serbian winger, Nitkovic, we play there now.

The other wasn’t scouted at all! I noticed names like United and Liverpool were looking at Efe, a 19 year old Turkish forward that showed up in a random scout report. We scouted him for a week and paid up the 10 million before the bigger teams had a chance. Very quick and skillful and can fill in at CF too!

Money all but done and still missing an RwB and only having two options at CM, I noticed a problem…we only had two home grown Spaniards in the squad! So now we had to fill those holes in the team with exclusively Spanish players!! (Registration nearly tanked out season last year with the Kluivert debacle!)

After a bit of a panic, we had to overpay in installments (15 million in all :nervous:) for a 31 year old Odrizola, but a bit of experience in this team might not be a bad thing for a few years. Happy enough with him.

In midfield, we had to settle for a 32 year old Saul (with questionable physicals), but we were out of options after some really poor planning on my part. Those late installments deals for two aging players could really hurt us over the next few years. We also brought in Nico, on loan from Leeds, in case the old men fall apart over the course of the season!

Very excited about the attack and always having great options on the pitch, feel good about the defence (although our fullbacks could be better) and am just hoping Saul and Emre Can can hold it together in midfield! Kana is still the key man there.

We have started well with 3 wins and our CL group is winnable. Seeded this year, we got Napoli, Leverkusen and Club Brugge.

No money, and well over the wage bill, let’s see what the season brings…
Suddenly realising you have a lack of homegrown players and then panick buying anyone you can get is the only real way to play FM.

NoLogo

Well season 3 so far is proving way more difficult than my last, which was to be expected with not being the underdog anymore and CL football in between. Really struggling for form halfway through the season, sitting still at a fairly reasonable 5th place and only gone out of the CL and into the EL.

Having loads of injuries and players being pissed with me for either wanting new contracts, I have 11k pw left in the wage budget, or not playing enough. The funny thing is if a player gets unhappy due to not playing enough, I will surely not play them with that unhappy tag next to them, they're just digging deeper graves at this stage.

Oh yeah, and every thought about extending with Bremen is out of the window. Not going to do this "30% of the team are loan players shite" again for another season. :lol:

Not sure what happened to Bayern though, they looked invincible for the first 11 games and have now lost the 3 out of the last 5 games and drawn 1. RB Leipzig has actually overtaken them.

Brilliant, now both my GKs are complaining about playing time. I somehow managed to give both of them not enough playing time, juuuust great. But honestly I don't care anymore, I'm dismissing everything they say now straight away, don't give a shite anymore, feck those whiny little cnuts.

Last edited:

Maluco

Suddenly realising you have a lack of homegrown players and then panick buying anyone you can get is the only real way to play FM.
:lol: I never learn! Do it on every save. I have 4 wonderkids who will qualify in 18 months time, but I/they probably won’t be here to see that!

NLTL save, so I have applied to Real Madrid and Dortmund. On both occasions, I didn’t even get an interview!

I thought my stunning La Liga win would have put me in the shop window! Reality check.

Maluco

Well season 3 so far is proving way more difficult than my last, which was to be expected with not being the underdog anymore and CL football in between. Really struggling for form halfway through the season, sitting still at a fairly reasonable 5th place and only gone out of the CL and into the EL.

Having loads of injuries and players being pissed with me for either wanting new contracts, I have 11k pw left in the wage budget, or not playing enough. The funny thing is if a player gets unhappy due to not playing enough, I will surely not play them with that unhappy tag next to them, they're just digging deeper graves at this stage.

Oh yeah, and every thought about extending with Bremen is out of the window. Not going to do this "30% of the team are loan players shite" again for another season. :lol:

Not sure what happened to Bayern though, they looked invincible for the first 11 games and have now lost the 3 out of the last 5 games and drawn 1. RB Leipzig has actually overtaken them.
Sounds like your save is priming you to join the enemy! Shock Bayern move!??

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Started a save in the Championship as Middlesbrough, won the league first season then this happened in the second season!

Was one of them where I started off well and I was expecting an inevitable drop off but it just never really came!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I swear I'm just invincible in stoppage time :lol: Won a World Cup and Nations League thanks to it and now this Carabao Cup final. Keeper saved the pen.

Maluco

Started a save in the Championship as Middlesbrough, won the league first season then this happened in the second season!

Was one of them where I started off well and I was expecting an inevitable drop off but it just never really came!
Thats a cracking first season in the top division. The problem I always have when I get into Europe early is my squad just isnt ready for it and I end up having to play players that just aren’t good enough. It’s a nice challenge to have though :D

Maluco

I swear I'm just invincible in stoppage time :lol: Won a World Cup and Nations League thanks to it and now this Carabao Cup final. Keeper saved the pen.

Without a doubt would have gone the other way for me. I just came from 2-0 down in the Super Cup, momentum shifted and on top going into added time.

My CB, passes back to the keeper under no pressure at all, straight past him into the bottom corner. You couldn’t make it up.

Nickosaur

Decided to sign a contract with Llanelli Town for another 12 months. If something comes up in the meantime, great, but I'm also quite keen to see how I get on in the mighty Welsh Premier League.

So far, so good! TNS are obviously smashing it but I'm around 3rd, having been predicted to be dead bottom (12th). Playing much more counter-attacking and seems to be working well. Still a long way to go but I got some great free transfers in after trialling a lot of released players.

I'm now studying Continental C License and my reputation is just under one star. Hopefully I can overachieve again this season to move somewhere in Europe next summer.

Maluco

Bétis Update

We find ourselves 5 points clear at the turn of the year. We are a very good team, but we are not a great team. I feel like we are 3 players short of that (LB, RB and CM).

The good news is that our two summer signings are doing well. Efe blows hot and cold but you don’t feel that quality is compromised when he is on the pitch. Zitka has taken Nitkovic place on the left. He has flair and passing and can finish too, so he is now a part of the first team front 4, which are playing really well.

We are now competing in every game. We were blown away last year facing certain teams away from home, but we have already won in Madrid this season and finished top of our CL group with 6 wins out of 6.

Team going into the second half of the season…

Hoest (20 y.o GK)

Odrizola
Guillem
(20 y.o and the best Av. rating in the game)
Ahmedhodzic
Barone
(20 y.o and Argentina starter, but really a CB)

Kana (20 y.o really good all round CM)
Emre Can

Dalgaard
(20 y.o wonderkid)
Gherdghiceanu (now a 5 star AMC at 19y.o)
Zitka (Czech wonderkid)

Silvio Luíz (already a 5 star forward at 21 y.o)

We also have a great bench with Estupinian, Sanchez (Mexican wonderkid), Saul, Hannibal, Eke (Turkish Wonderkid), Nitkovic (Serb Wonderkid) etc…

No money and no wages, so we won’t be filling any of those 3 positions in January. The current fullbacks are very average and we really need more dynamic ones for how we play. Saul (despite only buying him now) and Can are starting to decline physically, but are still contributing at present.

We are also starting to have issues with contracts. 4/5 players asking for one, but Barone unhappy and wants 150k a week to stay!

I would love to keep this team together and add those final three pieces to the puzzle, but it just might not be possible…

Maluco

Decided to sign a contract with Llanelli Town for another 12 months. If something comes up in the meantime, great, but I'm also quite keen to see how I get on in the mighty Welsh Premier League.

So far, so good! TNS are obviously smashing it but I'm around 3rd, having been predicted to be dead bottom (12th). Playing much more counter-attacking and seems to be working well. Still a long way to go but I got some great free transfers in after trialling a lot of released players.

I'm now studying Continental C License and my reputation is just under one star. Hopefully I can overachieve again this season to move somewhere in Europe next summer.
Thats a great start to life in the top flight! Do you have your eye on a league you would like to go to next?

sebsheep

That is a super power in this game.
Nice to see Lisa Simpson making it big.