g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Football Manager 2022

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Oh how things have changed.

I'm in my fourth season by the way, I don't know if i've mentioned that or not. In my first three seasons I finished 8th, 9th and 17th. So that what what was causing my frustrations. I couldn't understand why the performances seemed ok but we were rapidly going backwards. After the 9-1 defeat I really wasn't sure that I was going to bother playing again. But I decided to give it one more go.

So tweaked my tactics to better suit my players. I was spending too much time worrying about promises and shoehorning players into the system. I introduced a new set piece routine which has started getting goals for my centre halves (If I could afford one with a normal shaped head, he might win the golden boot) and the tweaks seem to have paid dividends.

we have won 4 of our last 5 and we're playing some really nice football. To demonstrate how far we have come, in our last game we had a player sent off (for what seemed to me like a great challenge, i think i'm about to get a touchline ban) in the first minute of the game. We were playing Chippenham Town who are rock bottom and essentially down, but we beat them 1-2 and that never would have happened a few weeks ago.

cj_sparky

Just about to play my 1st league match of my 3rd season at Cefn Druids...having slogged through 8 European matches so far. 4 Champions League, 4 Europa League and now have the Joy of 2 Europa League II matches to play either side of my 2nd league game :lol:

Has meant bringing in the best part of £850k though so shouldn't complain.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A young striker released by a Prem side and you are flying. I think the game couldn’t be clearer about attackers :lol:

Why do you think the rep has slipped? I suppose the restrictions really hamper the AÍ squad building and mean the teams in the division do nothing in Europe?
I thought it would be the restrictions but Ukrainian league is 11th but they have an established UCL side in Shakhtar who pick up points. The Conference league has helped a few of the nations, Turkish, Greek, Austrian sides go far in that tournament. Salzburg are also established in the UCL. Russian teams got barely any points due to Zenit finishing bottom in their UCL groups for 2-3 season in a row. Now with no guaranteed spot in the UCL, the league winners tend to go out to Swiss, Belgian or Turkish teams in the qualifiers.

Zagreb have done well for Croatia too, they had a last 16 UCL run and a few Europa league and Conference runs. The best the Russians have done is a quarter final in the Conference league by Zenit who went out to Young Boys. The Russian league has money, more than their coefficient rivals, for example Spartak Moscow have £70m in transfer budget but spent only £1.5m in the summer on a left back in Amavi. Zenit spent £104m! but languish in 7th and got knocked out of Europe quickly.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I thought it would be the restrictions but Ukrainian league is 11th but they have an established UCL side in Shakhtar who pick up points. The Conference league has helped a few of the nations, Turkish, Greek, Austrian sides go far in that tournament. Salzburg are also established in the UCL. Russian teams got barely any points due to Zenit finishing bottom in their UCL groups for 2-3 season in a row. Now with no guaranteed spot in the UCL, the league winners tend to go out to Swiss, Belgian or Turkish teams in the qualifiers.

Zagreb have done well for Croatia too, they had a last 16 UCL run and a few Europa league and Conference runs. The best the Russians have done is a quarter final in the Conference league by Zenit who went out to Young Boys. The Russian league has money, more than their coefficient rivals, for example Spartak Moscow have £70m in transfer budget but spent only £1.5m in the summer on a left back in Amavi. Zenit spent £104m! but languish in 7th and got knocked out of Europe quickly.
I need to see this NLTL save through and am really enjoying the team I am building at Betis, but I am almost certain Russia will be my next save.

Any advice on a cool club with nice kits you have seen that I could start with when the time comes?

Lay

I need to see this NLTL save though and am really enjoying the team I am building at Betis, but I am almost certain Russia will be my next save.

Any advice on a cool club with nice kits you have seen that I could start with when the time comes?
FC Sochi only founded in 2018, big stadium, nice blue kits and 5* training and youth facilities - though not sure what they start as, I'm in 2027 and they just upgraded them twice to 5*. Probably a lot lower when you start. They have the lowest attendance percentage at a measly 9% :lol: Only 4k fans enter their 45k seater stadium.

Rotor Volograd, beat United famously in 1995, Schmeichel scored in that game. After years of financial issues they became an Amateur club, however they made it back to the Russian Premier League a couple of years ago but were relegated last season (looks like they'll suffer back to back relegations now too). They start in the second division.

The big hitters in the league are Zenit, CSKA Moscow and Spartak. However Krasandor have a lot of potential and great facilities. I'd avoid Zenit due to their fans protesting against black players being signed.

NoLogo

Weird stuff, but apparently clubs in the 2. Bundesliga don't get any broadcast revenue? Sounds like a mistake. Afaik Germany's second league has a TV deal as well.

In the end, I won the 2. Bundesliga quite comfortably because Ingolstadt and Heidenheim dropped points like mad towards the end of the season.

Losing Füllkrug certainly hurt at the start of the second half of the season but we picked up pace again towards the end of the season winning 7 games in a row.

My new acquisitions were a bit of a mixed bag.

Matias Arezo (Striker) got better and better with the season progressing but couldn't really make up for the loss of 14-goals-in-the-first-half-of-the-season-striker Füllkrug.
Average Rating: 7.25
Games: 16
Goals: 7
Assists: 4

Inigo Cordoba (AML) was pretty disappointing, you can count the good games he had on one hand.
Average Rating: 6.83
Games: 15
Goals: 4
Assists: 0

Ryan Sessgnon (FBL) did quite well but I neither have a purchase option on him nor could I afford his transfer fee nor his wages, so I won't be able to turn this transfer into a permanent one.
Average Rating: 7.24
Games: 13
Goals: 3
Assists: 2

Oh man, just realized. City only beat Tottenham to the PL title on the last day because Tottenham drew against Manchester United. FFS. :lol:

United finished 5th, Liverpool 6th. Arsenal came 3rd and Chelsea 4th.

Also great. Füllkrug made 5 games for RB Leipzig, 1 start, 4 subs. That move really paid off for him, well financially it did I guess.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just lost the opening game of the new season to City.

They played a 4-4-2 with Haaland + A regen up top, Mbappe and a regen on the wings and a midfield of Joao Felix and Jamal Musiala. Absolutely no repercussions for them for essentially playing with no midfielders. It makes no fecking sense. If I did that I'd get battered.

sebsheep

They played a 4-4-2 with Haaland + A regen up top, Mbappe and a regen on the wings and a midfield of Joao Felix and Jamal Musiala. Absolutely no repercussions for them for essentially playing with no midfielders. It makes no fecking sense. If I did that I'd get battered.
I saw a video with a 4-4-2 wide diamond tactic where the deepest midfielder is a roaming playmaker. There is some weird stuff that does work in game.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Up to January 2029. In a title challenge with me (Wolves), City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea all within 4 points. Pedro Neto is a beast and I've actually managed to hold on to my stars so far. The problem is the depth players that get bought up that are hard to properly replace.

Lucca is a beast. While I was with Fiorentina i tried for him or Piccoli, got Piccoli. Piccoli ended up being really average while Lucca is scoring 30-40 goals a season for City in a partnership with Haaland and is in the running for the ballon dor (and has great stats).
Nice. Do you still have to focus on Portuguese players with wolves? Took me ages in a past save on fm 19 to get the board to let me change that.

I somehow got Lucca for my 3rd and sesko for my 4th season with QPR. Still getting spanked by Utd City and pool but holding my own with almost everyone else in a pressing 5 3 2. We are a UEFA cup team now. When I get them into the CL it’s game over as the top regens will come and eventually that’s that then. Liverpool are ridiculous though. Beat me 9-0 at theirs last season. 9-0 with 5 at the back. Utd got Mbappe and City got Haaland so it’ll take a while to catch up to them.

NoLogo

It's brilliant the AI always does that, play KdB as a DM and stuff like that. Worst stuff I have seen. Dier as left winger for England, they still won the game against Spain, no problem. :lol:

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Well amazingly we put a ridiculous run together and ended up finishing 13th. including beating Scunthorpe (the team that beat us 9-1) 5-0. Now i have the task of keeping my damn squad together.

NoLogo

Well amazingly we put a ridiculous run together and ended up finishing 13th. including beating Scunthorpe (the team that beat us 9-1) 5-0. Now i have the task of keeping my damn squad together.
Great job and good luck on keeping the band together. I can now figure out how to get my team Bundesliga ready with a transfer budget of €3.5M and €69k pw room in the wage budget before the promotion wage rises have kicked in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nice. Do you still have to focus on Portuguese players with wolves? Took me ages in a past save on fm 19 to get the board to let me change that.

I somehow got Lucca for my 3rd and sesko for my 4th season with QPR. Still getting spanked by Utd City and pool but holding my own with almost everyone else in a pressing 5 3 2. We are a UEFA cup team now. When I get them into the CL it’s game over as the top regens will come and eventually that’s that then. Liverpool are ridiculous though. Beat me 9-0 at theirs last season. 9-0 with 5 at the back. Utd got Mbappe and City got Haaland so it’ll take a while to catch up to them.
When i interviewed with them I told them to get rid of that and they didn't have any objections to it! But yeah it definitely feels like the premier league takes over pretty quickly. Think Solius mentioned it but the AI definitely seems really slow on regens, so it feels like an easy win to get ahead like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yup same for me. Foden and KdB midfield duo, Vinicius Jr and Palmer on the wings, Haaland and Lucca up top.

United at least have a midfield 2 of Gravenberch and Goretzka in a 442, but the balance is all messed up and would never work if it was user controlled. Also a bit dumb that half the league just uses a flat 442.

Maluco

I think you have cracked the tactic and are getting the most out of those players. I would be scouring the set to released Prem players ahead of July 1st and making sure you get in the best loans possible. Just go into the squads and click on transfers and order them to show you the transfer status and you will see the list of who isn’t offered a deal. You can get some cracking players.

Apply for an affiliate if you haven’t already and you may get a team that will send you a couple of free loan players every season. Invaluable when you are on such a tight budget!

I ended up getting Barca in the third division of Spain and got promoted with three of their players in my first 11, and I was paying nothing for them!

NoLogo

Just briliant. Due to wage rises I'm now € -16k in the on my wage budget at the start of the new season and have to buy at least one CB, a left FB and a DM. Just fantastic, Bremen is just completely skint.

Okay, so players leaving wasn't factored in. I now have a bit of room in the wage budget and transfer budget but not much €4M in the transfer kitty and €110k pw in the wage budget.

Last edited:

Maluco

Just briliant. Due to wage rises I'm now € -16k in the on my wage budget at the start of the new season and have to buy at least one CB, a left FB and a DM. Just fantastic, Bremen is just completely skint.

Okay, so players leaving wasn't factored in. I now have a bit of room in the wage budget and transfer budget but not much €4M in the transfer kitty and €110k pw in the wage budget.
I wouldn’t be looking to sign anyone, I would be looking at players the big teams want to get out on loan and seeing if you luck out with a few that only want a small percentage of the wage contribution.

Maluco

Bétis Update

Of course, as is the case with every save I do, my lead is cut right down to 1 point in the first two games after the restart. Barcelona never seem to lose, if that doesn’t change, I have no chance this year. I shouldn’t be expecting it so soon, but now with such a good first half of the season…you are left hoping.

I was able to bring back a few loanees and sell them (Salisu 4.5 mil and a regen for 9.75 mil who didn’t look as good as I’d hoped).

Then Real Madrid came in and bid 25 million for Ampadu. It was such a tough one because he is the only ball player I have at the back, but the three young guys have been so good and we have so much debt, so it felt like a good deal. Ultimately, the installments will help us cover what we owe so….accepted!

Ahmedhozic is coming in on a free in the summer and is almost like for like. Loaned in Akanji for cover until the end of the season.

I was absolutely gutted because we agreed terms with Omishen on a free and that would have been a game changer, only for Newcastle to come in at the last second and take him away. Saddest moment of the journey so far (yes, even sadder than realizing I couldn’t keep any players at Oviedo B). He is almost a guarantee of silverware in a good team. Gutted!

The good news is that we were able to squeeze out enough cash from the Ampadu deal to bring in a young Danish RW we have been scouting all year…days before he agreed terms with Inter.

We have potentially a great attack now with a Wonderkid in all four positions. It will all depend how they develop!

Of course, days after the window closes, Kluivert is furious because he isn’t in the CL squad and 18 players agree with him!

Silvio Luiz, who is crucial for us, is out for 6 weeks and will miss both legs of the Spanish Cup and both legs of the Celtic match. Only one CF now…and he is 34.

NoLogo

I wouldn’t be looking to sign anyone, I would be looking at players the big teams want to get out on loan and seeing if you luck out with a few that only want a small percentage of the wage contribution.
That's pretty much what I did, only bought 3 players in the end. Omar Richards from Bayern's second team, was transfer listed for €1.2M I promised them 40% of sell on profits and got them to agree €950k for him. Not sure if he will start over my established left FB, but he sure looks like he could stake a claim for a starting spot.

Bought another Richards, Chris, also from Bayern II for €250k, with again 40% profit add-on.

The third player I bought is also from Bayern II, Adrian Fein. Cost 800k again with 40% profit add-on. Seems like he is going to be my new starting DLP.

Got rid of a couple of players for fairly good prices, best sale was probably Toprak for €4.6M to Gala, he was already 33 and wanted to leave, so I agreed to the deal. I had almost €7.8M in the transfer kitty and shifted almost all my remaining transfer budget into wages and got 7 loans in. :lol:

Ahemdhodzic (CB) again from Bayern II, Malang Sarr (CB) from Chelsea, Gavi (CM) from Barca, Lukas Nmecha (CF) from Wolfsburg, Felix Passlack (RFB) from Dortmund, Florian Balogun (AML) from Arsenal and finally Amad Diallo (AMR) from Manchester United.

I now have like 2 players in every position and in a lot of them no clear starter, I'll rotate a lot and just see who does best before settling for a starting eleven I reckon.

Oh yeah and I know the 40% profit sell on clause is probably going to hurt Werder in the long run but I don't plan on staying long enough to witness this happening. :keano:

Last edited:

sebsheep

Vaduz save is going on freeze for a while. Got knocked out in the quarter finals of the Conference League after extra time. We only hit the post 3 times that game.
Won the league and cup but we seem to be going backwards this year.
8:51 am on the 1st of January was when that striker had his release clause met. :lol:

Either a journey man, pentagon or just a shorter league I've never managed in for me next.

NoLogo

This opening set of fixtures in the Bundesliga is insane. I play Dortmund, Hertha and Bayern all in one week, fecking hell.

So far I have lost against Freiburg 0-1 and won against Mainz 2-1. First three points in the bag.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This opening set of fixtures in the Bundesliga is insane. I play Dortmund, Hertha and Bayern all in one week, fecking hell.

So far I have lost against Freiburg 0-1 and won against Mainz 2-1. First three points in the bag.
In my current season I played City in the Community Shield, then City away first game of the season. Second game was Arsenal at home followed by Chelsea away.

Maluco

It’s amazing how the game has replicated how VAR takes all the joy out of scoring goals. It’s out of control on my save.

Home to Sevilla in the derby and I got 3 VAR checks in a row, all disallowed. Finally score 4th only for them to equalize in last minute with final kick of the game. VAR check…..allowed :(

NoLogo

In my current season I played City in the Community Shield, then City away first game of the season. Second game was Arsenal at home followed by Chelsea away.
That's just brutal.

I got through the first two games quite well, almost FMed Dortmund, but Bellingham equalized in the 87th minute. After that I actually beat Hertha 2-0 and not entirely undeserved I might add. Now it's Bayern I'm up against and I only just realized they are the team that this year managed to sign Mbappé. Feck me. :lol:

Alright, the good performances against the big dogs lasted till the game against Bayern in the second half. Half-time while being under loads of pressure I managed to only be down 0-1. Second half was a disaster and Bayern completely tore us apart, end result 6-1 for Bayern and probably the first game in ages where I had well below 50% possession. I know it's Bayern, but that was awful. Mbappé scored 4 goals...

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
While we are at the topic of AI teams getting away with absolute bullshit team selections. Just playing Leipzig, they play Nkunku as a DLP in central midfield and Laimer as right WB.
Curtis Jones has been Liverpools starting striker for 3 seasons in my save.

Maluco

Bétis Update

It’s a special day today! We are celebrating 1 whole calendar year of Rodri whining! He has lost trust in the manager, but won’t leave. He just stays here, complaining or giving his standard 6.5 when he is asked to play (and we are Betis, he has to play sometimes!!)

It’s by far the longest rivalry I remember having with a player in the series and I hate him.

On the other side of the coin, Kluivert has forgiven me and even started the away leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final and scored 2 goals in a 5-5 thriller with Atletico. We play Malaga in the final and have a real chance at our first major silverware of the save. Curzon Ashton seems a long time ago!

We finally opened a 4 point gap at the top of the table and had Barcelona next. A massive chance to really put the pressure on. Emre Can, a senior figure and VC, two foots their FB 3 minutes in and gets a red card. We lose to an 89th minute goal. We have Real Madrid at the Bernabeu next. Not good. Fined the shit out of Can. This could be where we lost it.

A really strong performance against Celtic at home has us 3-1 up going into the way leg…where we fell 3-0 in the first 30 minutes! I was pulling my hair out and couldn’t understand what was happening!

I made an unprecedented 3 subs around the 35 minute mark and we got control of the game again and brought it back to 3-2 to go through…just. Ridiculous, panic stations, but CL seems like a roll of the dice anyway this year, so just went for it.

Still seem to be spending more money than we get in, which is a massive worry, but we are well under our wage budget, so it’s something we need to look seriously at in the summer. We don’t have the squad to be playing in Europe and we don’t even have the cash to offer a pre-contract! Dest and Rabiot loans returning to their clubs will leave us two players down, when we ideally need 2-3 more on top of what we have.

If only Rodri would leave…that would solve everything…

NoLogo

I just love the gymnastics the ME performers at times. Two of my players against one of theirs, counter situation. My player on the ball has no opponent, the remaining defender marks the other player. My player on the ball starts dodging dribbling weaving in and out like crazy, until he is at the edge of the penalty area and there he is waiting until some opposition player comes from behind flying tackling the ball off him like he is AWB reborn. What in the hell was that? :lol:

sebsheep

It’s a special day today! We are celebrating 1 whole calendar year of Rodri whining! He has lost trust in the manager, but won’t leave. He just stays here, complaining or giving his standard 6.5 when he is asked to play (and we are Betis, he has to play sometimes!!)

It’s by far the longest rivalry I remember having with a player in the series and I hate him.
:lol:

Nickosaur

Found my United save a little too easy. Halfway through the second season and I'm steamrolling the league.

Going to give a journeyman save a go. Never really done one before, presume starting with no badges/experience means it might take a while to find a decent job... I've loaded up most of the leagues in Europe so hopefully something comes up :lol:

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
In contrast yo yesterday. All I've wanted to do was sit down and push on today. Sadly, I've had a family gathering all day and I'm about to commentate on Chelsea V Brighton. Very frustrating.

Maluco

Bétis Update

Remember how I said that Kluivert seemed ok again? Well 18, EIGHTEEN members of the squad didn’t like that he was left out of the CL squad. The Celtic result from above was more a sign of things to come….

Barcelona (away) - 1-0 loss
Celtic (away) - 3-2 loss

Almería (home) - 4-1 win
Real Madrid (away) - 2-1 loss
Getafe (away) - 2-2 draw
Chelsea (home) - 2-1 loss
Vigo (away) - 0-1 win (and terrible performance)
Chelsea (away) - 1-0 loss

The result of all of that was that we were out of Europe and our 5 point lead was now a 2 point deficit going into the final run of games. Barcelona have won their last 9 games in all competitions. I still have hope, but we have a really tough run in after our next few games. Got to hope they stumble somewhere or get distracted by their Europa League campaign.

Three pieces of good news though…

I saw that there was interest in Kluivert and offered him out, hoping to resolve the morale issue. As soon as his £13 million transfer to Lyon was official….everyone back to normal and happy again, just before the Copa del Rey final…

…which we won 1-0 against Malaga for our first major silverware of the save!

It’s a squad that lacks discipline at times, but we now have SIX of the top 10 wonderkids in the NxGn 2027 list. I think last summer was the best transfer window I have ever had on a save. We spent about £40 million and transformed the team with 6-7 wonderkids. Can’t find anymore at the moment so it really was a one off!

The biggest news I saved for last. After 16 months of moaning and complaining, Wolves finally came in and offered £15 million for Rodri. We had to pay him £1.5 million of it, but I would have gladly given him the whole thing!! Best moment of the save!

6 games left, 2 points behind and no more midweeks games. Let’s see if we can win this… :nervous:

NoLogo

Everything is looking good at Bremen but of course my players decide it's time to go to war with me about a player from the second team who wants a new contract, he isn't even my responsibility, second team contracts are a thing of our DOF. Of course, I don't have this option in the response, so I try telling them that I don't feel he deserves a new contract which they of course find unfair, and I tell them to feck off that it's not their decision to make, now the team leaders are all pissed at me, well be fecking pissed I don't care, the first chance I get I'm out of this club anyways. Oh, the joys of being a journeyman. :lol:

NoLogo

Feck me, Bayern are just a god-damn machine, against pretty much any other team in the league I have actually been able to hold my ground, but Bayern just fecking completely demolishes me. I have so far about 57% possession in the league, third best behind Bayern and Dortmund but against Bayern I was down to 43%, they are just fecking relentless. Ah well, at least I only lost 3-1 this time.

Lay

Bétis Update

Remember how I said that Kluivert seemed ok again? Well 18, EIGHTEEN members of the squad didn’t like that he was left out of the CL squad. The Celtic result from above was more a sign of things to come….

Barcelona (away) - 1-0 loss
Celtic (away) - 3-2 loss

Almería (home) - 4-1 win
Real Madrid (away) - 2-1 loss
Getafe (away) - 2-2 draw
Chelsea (home) - 2-1 loss
Vigo (away) - 0-1 win (and terrible performance)
Chelsea (away) - 1-0 loss

The result of all of that was that we were out of Europe and our 5 point lead was now a 2 point deficit going into the final run of games. Barcelona have won their last 9 games in all competitions. I still have hope, but we have a really tough run in after our next few games. Got to hope they stumble somewhere or get distracted by their Europa League campaign.

Three pieces of good news though…

I saw that there was interest in Kluivert and offered him out, hoping to resolve the morale issue. As soon as his £13 million transfer to Lyon was official….everyone back to normal and happy again, just before the Copa del Rey final…

…which we won 1-0 against Malaga for our first major silverware of the save!

It’s a squad that lacks discipline at times, but we now have SIX of the top 10 wonderkids in the NxGn 2027 list. I think last summer was the best transfer window I have ever had on a save. We spent about £40 million and transformed the team with 6-7 wonderkids. Can’t find anymore at the moment so it really was a one off!

The biggest news I saved for last. After 16 months of moaning and complaining, Wolves finally came in and offered £15 million for Rodri. We had to pay him £1.5 million of it, but I would have gladly given him the whole thing!! Best moment of the save!

6 games left, 2 points behind and no more midweeks games. Let’s see if we can win this… :nervous:
Winning the cup is huge considering the stranglehold the top 3 have. In my save only they have won it with one exception being Valencia.

Nickosaur

Just a week into my unemployed save and despite loading all the leagues in Europe, my first offer comes from Llanelli Town in Wales :lol: semi-pro team in Welsh 2nd division.

Had envisaged starting abroad but decided to get stuck in earlier, rather than wait for something else. So Wales it is!

Predicted to finish midtable and I'm 4th after 10 games. Mixing it up between a wingplay 4-4-2 and a counter attacking 4-4-1-1.

So bizarre going from managing United in my last save, with a coaching/scouting/medical team of probably around 60+ staff, to just a part time crew of about 5 staff members.