Gaming Football Manager 2022

NoLogo

I've literally been playing this game since championship manager '93. The problem with the FM series is that the AI is has been dreadful since 2005 and has barely improved. But I can handle that. I'm just so frustrated this version. i'll give you an example.

I start at Weymouth as it's one of the biggest challenges in the game. We have the lowest budget in the league in real life by £6k A WEEK! we are a part time side and the division in reality is by far the strongest it has ever been. I knew all of this going in. So, i trim the squad, play under the wage budget (yet somehow still leak money for fun) and sort a tactic that fits the players. We go through pre-season, battering sides. beating league one Lincoln City 3-0 for example and when the season starts, we play well. then at arpound the 21-24 game mark, it starts. We stop scoring goals. We go on a 10-14 game run without a win. and this is where it gets stupid. We didn't score for 6 games. those games finished as follows:

0-1
0-0
0-0
0-0
0-0
0-1

so that's not awful right? until you look at it like this:

0-1 - THREE disallowed goals, woodwork hit SEVEN times, opposition with 2 shots on goal, 1 on target.
0-0 - TWO disallowed goals.
0-0 - Woodwork hit twice. just the one disallowed goal.
0-0 - To be fair we held on.
0-0 - TWO disallowed goals.
0-1 - TWO disallowed goals. woodwork hit. 1 shot on goal from the other side.

Then, this happens....

we lose 9-1, we were 9-0 down inside 35 minutes, they had 9 shots on target.

Before this shite started, we were 3rd.

The game, is fecking broken.
I get what you are saying and I feel like in the lower leagues there is much more random bullshit going on, especially the missing chances, I think there is even a bug report on the SI forum where someone uploaded like 10 games where his players were missing regular one on ones with the GK.

Tbh I can't really say much about lower league experiences, because these type of games never really interest me, I'm simply to slow in this game to work my way from the very bottom up. I feel like at least in the upper leagues the ME works quite well.

The game is far from perfect and SI doesn't seem to be able to fix the problems that have been plaguing them for ages now, unfortunately there is like no serious competition on the market, I would gladly explore alternatives if they weren't even worse or simply stupid mobile games.

When it comes to the ME I can just say, that I got my team to play football successfully in a style I have rarely ever seen in FM, which at least for me makes it right now quite worthwhile.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I get what you are saying and I feel like in the lower leagues there is much more random bullshit going on, especially the missing chances, I think there is even a bug report on the SI forum where someone uploaded like 10 games where his players were missing regular one on ones with the GK.

Tbh I can't really say much about lower league experiences, because these type of games never really interest me, I'm simply to slow in this game to work my way from the very bottom up. I feel like at least in the upper leagues the ME works quite well.

The game is far from perfect and SI doesn't seem to be able to fix the problems that have been plaguing them for ages now, unfortunately there is like no serious competition on the market, I would gladly explore alternatives if they weren't even worse or simply stupid mobile games.

When it comes to the ME I can just say, that I got my team to play football successfully in a style I have rarely ever seen in FM, which at least for me makes it right now quite worthwhile.
That's what annoys me about almost every single FM uploader or tactics created.

"I've tested this with Man City, Bayern and Real Madrid and it works!"

You've tested feck all you lazy little cnut.

NoLogo

That's what annoys me about almost every single FM uploader or tactics created.

"I've tested this with Man City, Bayern and Real Madrid and it works!"

You've tested feck all you lazy little cnut.
Well tbf, there are also a couple of them who do tactics for minor teams, but you are right, all the big ones only post top team tactics. Knap tests his tactics with Liverpool, they get like 90+ points per season with AI manager tactics anyway, so testing with them is a bit useless. I usually test out a lot of tactics when I play smaller teams and if something seems to be working I tweak it from there. So far though, the possession tactic I used with Barca works pretty well with my Bremen side as well, and I only made some very minor tweaks like dropping the d-line a notch deeper and changing a couple of roles.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can I put the highlights here somehow?

I changed my keeper at half time, they ended up with like 14 SoT and we won the second half 1-0 :lol:
Someone posted some a week or so ago, I think they uploaded to Youtube and linked to it on here. It could be the start of your FM creator career!

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Well tbf, there are also a couple of them who do tactics for minor teams, but you are right, all the big ones only post top team tactics. Knap tests his tactics with Liverpool, they get like 90+ points per season with AI manager tactics anyway, so testing with them is a bit useless. I usually test out a lot of tactics when I play smaller teams and if something seems to be working I tweak it from there. So far though, the possession tactic I used with Barca works pretty well with my Bremen side as well, and I only made some very minor tweaks like dropping the d-line a notch deeper and changing a couple of roles.
I followed up that 9-1 defeat, by beating Boreham Wood 3-0. I'm so confused :lol:

NoLogo

I followed up that 9-1 defeat, by beating Boreham Wood 3-0. I'm so confused :lol:
Yeah it can be sometimes really random. Weirdest combo I ever had, destroyed Chelsea 6-0 one game, got beaten 4-1 by Southampton in the next game going down 0-4 within the first 30 minutes. Against Chelsea I pretty much scored with every shot on goal and the same was true for Southampton in the next game against me. I think freak results are okay sometimes, but you can go on those runs where every second game seems like a freak result. The ME tactics meta can give you odd results at time, I feel like the most stable for me this season have been 433DM formations on a positive mentality, they seem to work at least well in most circumstances and don't seem to really have a "countering" formation.

NoLogo

Someone posted some a week or so ago, I think they uploaded to Youtube and linked to it on here. It could be the start of your FM creator career!
Yeah I pretty much did it this way. Captured the game footage with OBS, trimmed it a bit and uploaded it to my YT account.

There used to be a way to get video directly from the game but I somehow didn't find that option anymore.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Yeah it can be sometimes really random. Weirdest combo I ever had, destroyed Chelsea 6-0 one game, got beaten 4-1 by Southampton in the next game going down 0-4 within the first 30 minutes. Against Chelsea I pretty much scored with every shot on goal and the same was true for Southampton in the next game against me. I think freak results are okay sometimes, but you can go on those runs where every second game seems like a freak result. The ME tactics meta can give you odd results at time, I feel like the most stable for me this season have been 433DM formations on a positive mentality, they seem to work at least well in most circumstances and don't seem to really have a "countering" formation.
2-0 defeat to Kings Lynn was followed by a 4-1 victory over Eastleigh. This game is mental. Just for fun, both of my left backs are out for a month at the same time. Because, of course they are. In fairness though, that's just football. No complaints.

NoLogo

2-0 defeat to Kings Lynn was followed by a 4-1 victory over Eastleigh. This game is mental. Just for fun, both of my left backs are out for a month at the same time. Because, of course they are. In fairness though, that's just football. No complaints.
Gotta love a good injury crisis. 2 months into my first season with Bremen I had actually 7 starters injured and could only bring 14 players to one game. :lol:

Their squad is already stupidly thin, but that just was the icing on the cake. Currently, I only have 1 player injured, but I'm so glad I only lost once during this ridiculous injury crisis.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
After winning the World Cup thanks to a 120+1 minute equaliser, we then win the Nations League again thanks to this.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Doing well with my L. Moscow save, losing Belotti sucked but his replacement Chalov who is Russian so frees up a non EU place (signed Bakayoko) is good. But we’ve failed to score in 5 league games and I know Belotti would have scored in those.

Despite that, we are second at the winter break, 2 points behind Spartak. Also finished top of the Europa Conference group despite 4 of my new signings not registered due to the Russian window shutting after the registration.

The board want me to finish 2nd and reach the second round of the Europa Conference, both are currently being achieved.

Side note, Belotti has 1 goal in 8 games at Leicester, should have stayed!
I really like this save. I think this could be my next one to be honest.

Bakayoko must be great in Russia, but I think I would be using one of those foreigner slots on the best striker I could find.

If there are two positions in the game that I find are crucial, it’s a top striker and a top GK.

Maluco

It would be interesting to see how your players stack up against others in the league. The results sound very much like a manager who got his tactics spot on, but doesn’t have the players.

It might seem random because you are getting so much out of players that you shouldn’t be, if you know what I mean.

And then there are days (like the 9-0), where it just all conspires against you and a team with much more quality takes advantage of it.

It sounds like you are in the right path though. I would be scouting the PL under 23s and under 18s players set for release like mad in March. Offering 30 trials at a time and seeing who bites. If you can get in 3-4 players like that who have potential for League One/Two, you will be absolutely flying.

The interactions are broken, but they don’t do too much. I had four players complaining that I hadn’t bought a keeper after a promise, when I had bought two. They all huffed for three months while still playing well and all have now forgotten about it.

The meetings are the same, a bit of a morale dip that can be picked up with a few good friendly wins and a bit of praise about training.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So, looking for a new challenge I installed the English Level 10 and above mod and am taking over Macclesfield F.C. This raises a dilema: Do I sack Robbie Savage or keep him as DoF for shits and giggles?

NoLogo

It would be interesting to see how your players stack up against others in the league. The results sound very much like a manager who got his tactics spot on, but doesn’t have the players.

It might seem random because you are getting so much out of players that you shouldn’t be, if you know what I mean.

And then there are days (like the 9-0), where it just all conspires against you and a team with much more quality takes advantage of it.

It sounds like you are in the right path though. I would be scouting the PL under 23s and under 18s players set for release like mad in March. Offering 30 trials at a time and seeing who bites. If you can get in 3-4 players like that who have potential for League One/Two, you will be absolutely flying.

The interactions are broken, but they don’t do too much. I had four players complaining that I hadn’t bought a keeper after a promise, when I had bought two. They all huffed for three months while still playing well and all have now forgotten about it.

The meetings are the same, a bit of a morale dip that can be picked up with a few good friendly wins and a bit of praise about training.
This is true as well. You end up getting into a lot of fights with players but usually after a couple of months it's all good again, at least in my experience that is true for like at least 75% of the cases you are having a bust up with your players.

NoLogo

Fecking hell I only just discovered that there is a team in my league which has scored only 7 goals after 18 games, that's just horrible. :lol:

Apart from that after half a season I lead the league by 6 points. Not comfortable by any means, but it's a nice little lead. Bremen is fecking skint though, I have 22 players in the first team, most of them on really low wages despite being a Bundesliga team the year prior to this season, but I'm 14k pw over the wage budget and have a transfer budget of 12k. For a second league club, that's actually horrible. We are also already in the red at half-time of the season, not a good sign. :nervous:

Hope some PL team will buy one of my better players for a couple of millions. If that happens, I could probably compensate with a good loan player for the rest of the season. Might not happen though, since I don't really have players that are PL level quality.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just had a new complaint. Luke Thomas was considering leaving because he felt he wasn't good enough to be a regular starter even though he was a regular starter... He's not wrong, I'm just struggling at left back :lol:

Maluco

Bétis Update

We have arrived at the half way point of the season and…we are top…just about!

It was an expensive rebuild, so much so, that only 5 players from when I arrived in January are still in the squad (one youth product (Odeyi), Rodri, Iglesias, Ruí Silva (back up GK) and Ampadu.

A crazy turnover, but the squad was so old that we were 1-2 years away from needing a total revamp anyway.

40 million debt, but if a few big teams come in for a couple of the younger players (even one saying we set the release clauses so high), it will have been a successful operation!

Current team is…

GK Hoest (20 y.o)

RB Dest (loan)
CB Sanchez (20 y.o)
CB Guillam (18 y.o)
LB Barone (19 y.o)

CM Emre Can
CM Kana (20 y.o)

LW Niktovic (19 y.o)
AMC Gheonescu (20 y.o)
RW Iglesias

CF Silvio Luíz (20 y.o)

With players like Ampadu, Rabiot, Zakaria and Rodri on the bench.

Are we good enough to win the league? I don’t think so, Barcelona never seem to drop points and player for player, the likes of Atletico, Sevilla, Sociedad and Villarreal are still tough places to go for a team like us, but we are absolutely good enough to get into the Champions League again.

Unless something changes, we won’t be able to bring in anyone in January either, so our squad will suffer badly with midweek games again.

As for the actual CL, we had two wins and two draws going into the 5th game week…where we lost 3-1 to Ajax, meaning we needed Lazio to drop points or a win against Dortmund to get through. They have a quality team.

We won 2-1 and go into the next round as runners up, getting Celtic in the last 16. I am suspicious that they won their group (possible amazing Scottish regens), but I would like to think we have a chance, and to be honest, we really need the money!

NoLogo

Fecking hell, seems like Leipzig is intent of buying all my decent players in January. They already bought my best striker Füllkrug for €5M, couldn't convince him to stay and tbh I needed that money.

Brought in a promising 19-year-old Uruguayan striker named Matias Arezo, not quite on the level of Füllkrug yet but 5-star potential rating for my level of football and cost me only 95k. The Füllkrug money definitely helped, but of that €5M I only got €750k to spend. I have a bid running for Inigo Cordoba from Athletic, who is on loan at Go Ahead Eagles in the Netherlands, but if he accepts my offer I'll take him right back. €250k seems like an okay price for him, probably a direct starter for me, as he well should be at the age of 24. RB Leipzig also have bid for one of my starting CBs, if he leaves that is another €5M in the bank and I have some rotation options who are on his level. But if he is sold I'll be on the lookout for another CB.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Fecking hell, seems like Leipzig is intent of buying all my decent players in January. They already bought my best striker Füllkrug for €5M, couldn't convince him to stay and tbh I needed that money.

Brought in a promising 19-year-old Uruguayan striker named Matias Arezo, not quite on the level of Füllkrug yet but 5-star potential rating for my level of football and cost me only 95k. The Füllkrug money definitely helped, but of that €5M I only got €750k to spend. I have a bid running for Inigo Cordoba from Athletic, who is on loan at Go Ahead Eagles in the Netherlands, but if he accepts my offer I'll take him right back. €250k seems like an okay price for him, probably a direct starter for me, as he well should be at the age of 24. RB Leipzig also have bid for one of my starting CBs, if he leaves that is another €5M in the bank and I have some rotation options who are on his level. But if he is sold I'll be on the lookout for another CB.
He’s good. I had him on my team in FM21.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth

They stack up as you would expect. I'm very much forced to use young, raw players. Which actually goes some way to explain the inconsistency.

Anyway, away to Altrincham now. They're 22nd, i'm 21st.

EDIT: FT 0-0.;we had 18 shots, 1 on target :lol:

Last edited:

Lay

I really like this save. I think this could be my next one to be honest.

Bakayoko must be great in Russia, but I think I would be using one of those foreigner slots on the best striker I could find.

If there are two positions in the game that I find are crucial, it’s a top striker and a top GK.
Unfortunately the best striker I could attain (outside of Russia) was Tzolis (sp) of Norwich for double the price of Chalov. He was also injured for 5 weeks. The best player I could attain in midfield was Bakayoko who spent last season in the Championship :lol:

The league being ranked 17th really hinders progress. But I think at the start of my save it was top 10.

Maluco

They stack up as you would expect. I'm very much forced to use young, raw players. Which actually goes some way to explain the inconsistency.

Anyway, away to Altrincham now. They're 22nd, i'm 21st.

EDIT: FT 0-0.;we had 18 shots, 1 on target :lol:
A young striker released by a Prem side and you are flying. I think the game couldn’t be clearer about attackers :lol:

Unfortunately the best striker I could attain (outside of Russia) was Tzolis (sp) of Norwich for double the price of Chalov. He was also injured for 5 weeks. The best player I could attain in midfield was Bakayoko who spent last season in the Championship :lol:

The league being ranked 17th really hinders progress. But I think at the start of my save it was top 10.
Why do you think the rep has slipped? I suppose the restrictions really hamper the AÍ squad building and mean the teams in the division do nothing in Europe?

NoLogo

He’s good. I had him on my team in FM21.
Sweet, looking forward to maybe developing him for a couple of seasons before he is of course off again, but by that time I hope I will have made the step-up to a better club as well.

Also managed to bring in Ryan Sessegnon on a loan, should be a left FB starter for immediately.

Unless another player desperately wants out, I hope that this is it for my January window.

Maluco

Somehow ME 22.3 seems to have ruined AI-Klopp, in my Barca game he got sacked by City, by Dortmund and is now at Gladbach. In my current game he got sacked in January by Liverpool, because they are 7th. :lol:
Let’s hope they install this patch in real life soon too!

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
A young striker released by a Prem side and you are flying. I think the game couldn’t be clearer about attackers :lol:
I have managed to put some results together and i'm 5 points clear of the drop zone with 10 to play. Incidentally, I think you're right about the players. I have been offered several interviews. Accrington, Crewe, Plymouth. All League one or Two.

NoLogo

The "send home" button does nothing.

Seriously, why is this in the game if the cold still spreads to other players? First player catches a cold, I send him home, within one week 4 other players get it, all have been sent home, just brilliant.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This guy is unreal, easily my best player. Tracked him ever since I was at Porto and finally signed him once I got to Newcastle. 23 goals in all comps last season playing as an attacking Mezzala.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This guy is unreal, easily my best player. Tracked him ever since I was at Porto and finally signed him once I got to Newcastle. 23 goals in all comps last season playing as an attacking Mezzala.

when you mentioned him before I searched for him, even added leagues in SA and then realised he was a regen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Up to January 2029. In a title challenge with me (Wolves), City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea all within 4 points. Pedro Neto is a beast and I've actually managed to hold on to my stars so far. The problem is the depth players that get bought up that are hard to properly replace.
Buy Sesko and Lucca for around 20 million = profit
Lucca is a beast. While I was with Fiorentina i tried for him or Piccoli, got Piccoli. Piccoli ended up being really average while Lucca is scoring 30-40 goals a season for City in a partnership with Haaland and is in the running for the ballon dor (and has great stats).

sebsheep

The "send home" button does nothing.

Seriously, why is this in the game if the cold still spreads to other players? First player catches a cold, I send him home, within one week 4 other players get it, all have been sent home, just brilliant.
I've never had that happen. If it's an important player I've been known to treat at the club/doctor. Never had a transmission from that either.