Gaming Football Manager 2022

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Caved in and got it. Haven't played the game (loaded it up for test runs). Have been mainly editing using the pre game editor and it seems a lot fiddlier this year. A lot more bugs

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Interesting... can you change midway through a save to have that? Or does it have to be at the start of a save. A problem with the longevity of an FM save for me is always being able to just look at stats and not really needing to use scout reports. Would change a lot. Only thing that was putting me off was basing my opinions on seeing the little dots zip around the screen, but as you say, there's all the other reports. Gonna try it.
I know that in FM20 there were skins you could download and activate at any time in the save to his the attributes and just use R/A/G like I explained, I’d imagine the same this year too.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
What are your thoughts on heading being OP?

I'm finding it's incredibly easy to win headers from crosses, though this doesn't always translate into scoring (yet).

Me and some mates did a draft last night and my tactic was basically to set up crossing the ball into Ronaldo which led to around an average of 10 headers on target per game.

My mate brought on Andy Carroll who proceeded to scare the shit out of me until I decided to man mark him - which actually seemed to nullify the problem a bit.

Corners? I had to set up my defenders to man mark the tallest players or I'd concede constantly.

Basically it seems that attacking players win headers very, very easily.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Your thoughts on heading being OP?

I'm finding it's incredibly easy to win headers from crosses, though this doesn't always translate into scoring. Me and some mates did a draft last night and my tactic was basically to set up crossing the ball into Ronaldo which led to around an average of 10 headers on target per game, maybe with 1 in 10 actually finding the back of the net.

My mate brought on Andy Carroll at one point who proceeded to scare the shit out of me until I decided to man mark him - which actually seems to nullify the heading problem a bit.

Corners? Yeah I litcherally had to set up my defenders to man mark the tallest players or I'd concede constantly.

It's the same in my career mode but I don't have the right players to take advantage of it.
Wasn't aware of it but now you mention it I did sign this 6 ft 8 CB for £27k who's been dominant for me. Got 3 goals in 8 games.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
First season finished with Sunderland. Wheels well and truly came off...

...but managed to turn it around and went up as champions!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Your thoughts on heading being OP?

I'm finding it's incredibly easy to win headers from crosses, though this doesn't always translate into scoring. Me and some mates did a draft last night and my tactic was basically to set up crossing the ball into Ronaldo which led to around an average of 10 headers on target per game, maybe with 1 in 10 actually finding the back of the net.

My mate brought on Andy Carroll at one point who proceeded to scare the shit out of me until I decided to man mark him - which actually seems to nullify the heading problem a bit.

Corners? Yeah I litcherally had to set up my defenders to man mark the tallest players or I'd concede constantly.

It's the same in my career mode but I don't have the right players to take advantage of it.
Yeah, it's overly strong. I'm winning the Croatian league with ease with a team that should be bang midtable by playing shameless Moyes vs Fulham football.

My top scorer (in a front two, he's not even the focal point as such) is putting up Lewandowski numbers when his qualifications to play as a professional football striker are 'is fairly tall' and 'likes to run around a lot'.

Carlsen19

Sitting 2nd in the Championship with 13 games played. Carlsen’s at the wheel.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Got this guy for free from a random Indonesian team and he's been class. I'm top of the league with 8 games to go. Should hopefully win promotion to the Eredvisie. Bit torn on whether to stay and compete in a top league or to move on after this.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
What are the job offers like on this one. I remember last year the offers whilst you were managing a side were few and far between.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Got this guy for free from a random Indonesian team and he's been class. I'm top of the league with 8 games to go. Should hopefully win promotion to the Eredvisie. Bit torn on whether to stay and compete in a top league or to move on after this.

How do you even find players at that level? Recruitment/scouting is something that has always put me off managing at low levels, it always seems extremely cumbersome.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How do you even find players at that level? Recruitment/scouting is something that has always put me off managing at low levels, it always seems extremely cumbersome.
He popped up on my scouted players report. My scouts are crap and it costs a lot but I took a gamble on him based on the stats I could see (which wasn’t many).

Boycott

Finished my first season with Brackley Town in the National League North. Finished 4th and beaten in the play off semi finals against AFC Fylde. Kept my job so will go again for promotion next season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Absolute state of these results (against shite teams) when I just needed a win for the title. Always happens for me in FM, they just crumble. Now I have to beat the 3rd placed team away to guarantee it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Absolute state of these results (against shite teams) when I just needed a win for the title. Always happens for me in FM, they just crumble. Now I have to beat the 3rd placed team away to guarantee it.

Limped to a 0 - 0 but NAC lost so I won the league! I wasn’t even expected to challenge.

Fans are ecstatic and apparently they want to build a statue of me :lol: First trophy since 1982 for them. First one for me in my career.

roseguy64

Anyone found a cheaper copy than £27.74?
Wish I'd seen this before. Not bought a new version since FM18 and was intrigued by this year's version. Will wait for a Black Friday or Xmas deal and continue with my FM18 save I guess.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Limped to a 0 - 0 but NAC lost so I won the league! I wasn’t even expected to challenge.

Fans are ecstatic and apparently they want to build a statue of me :lol: First trophy since 1982 for them. First one for me in my career.
So I‘ve taken the Partizan Belgrade job. I could’ve stayed at Helmond in the Eredivisie but I was likely in for a frustrating season trying to avoid relegation. Can at least fight for the title at Partizan even if the league quality is lower.

sebsheep

So I‘ve taken the Partizan Belgrade job. I could’ve stayed at Helmond in the Eredivisie but I was likely in for a frustrating season trying to avoid relegation. Can at least fight for the title at Partizan even if the league quality is lower.
I hope they tear down your statue.

Lay

From brief time I’ve played it, number 10s seem overpowered. My top scorer is my number ten (plays behind two good strikers) and my third top scorer is his back up. They seem to cut open defences with one twos quite efficiently. That is almost every goal they score, quick one two with the striker and they’re in against the goalkeeper

Might just be the tactic, I play a 3-4-1-2.

Lay

Newcastle trying to buy my player:

Newcastle: £15m
Me: nah, let’s double it £30m
Newcastle: no, how about £13.5m?
Me: …. What
Me: £30m I said
Newcastle: okay deal

:lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What formation are you guys using so far? The usual 4231, that's been the staple for I don't even know how long in FM?

Last edited:

Bratt

What formation are you guys using so far? The usual 4231, that's been the staple for I don't even know how long in FM
Been using 4231 a lot myself, but now I just finished my first season mainly using 424
Scored a lot of goals (114), but 6 draws and 5 losses wasn’t good enough so ended up second.

Castia

Finished my second season with Newcastle coming second, winning the Euro Cup 2 (or whatever it’s called) and losing the FA cup final to an injury time winner for Liverpool.

Vandevoordt
Aarons Badashile Nianzou Thomas
Szobozial Moriba
Moukoko Wirtz Reyna
Sesko

Really young squad I’m hoping will develop over the coming season I’ve got the likes of Gravenberch and CalafiorI on the bench and the young right back from city Pedro Porro is class as well.

Weird top 4 with myself and Villa making it alongside Liverpool and Spurs. Liverpool are too good though, lost 1 game all season and won the league by 14 points.

Carl

Finished my second season with Newcastle coming second, winning the Euro Cup 2 (or whatever it’s called) and losing the FA cup final to an injury time winner for Liverpool.

Vandevoordt
Aarons Badashile Nianzou Thomas
Szobozial Moriba
Moukoko Wirtz Reyna
Sesko

Really young squad I’m hoping will develop over the coming season I’ve got the likes of Gravenberch and CalafiorI on the bench and the young right back from city Pedro Porro is class as well.

Weird top 4 with myself and Villa making it alongside Liverpool and Spurs. Liverpool are too good though, lost 1 game all season and won the league by 14 points.
Goodness me I'm very out of touch. Of the 14 players you mentioned, I've heard of 2 :lol:

Castia

Goodness me I'm very out of touch. Of the 14 players you mentioned, I've heard of 2 :lol:
I haven’t seen any of them in real life mate they’re mostly my usual go to FM players from previous games.

Moukoko is a young version of Messi who usually be comes a top player

Carl

I haven’t seen any of them in real life mate they’re mostly my usual go to FM players from previous games.

Moukoko is a young version of Messi who usually be comes a top player
Yeh, I meant out of touch with FM mate. Figured they were the usual promising players on the game.

Carlsen19

I had Shoretire on loan but didn’t play him much so he was recalled. Now when I try and sign someone else on loan from United it says they’re unwilling due to the poor relationship between the 2 clubs. Annoying. Is there any way to ‘repair’ this relationship because I’d love Hannibal and Amad :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I had Shoretire on loan but didn’t play him much so he was recalled. Now when I try and sign someone else on loan from United it says they’re unwilling due to the poor relationship between the 2 clubs. Annoying. Is there any way to ‘repair’ this relationship because I’d love Hannibal and Amad :lol:
I don’t think there is. I had Gordon on loan from Liverpool for Torquay and he was my top scorer in first division. They wouldn’t loan me any more players because I was playing him at striker and the wanted him to develop at RW.

I bought Shola when finally we got up to the premier league for 2.2 million. Liverpool just bought him off me for 45 million. Feckers have it in for my team