Gaming Football Manager 2023

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Didn’t for me when I took over at Everton and in the weekly updates it’s recommending me staff members for positions which are overstaffed so they want me to sack 3 people to hire one. Just seems like a weird model of the game and could be improved.

The game is released in November but you start an FM season (in England) in June/July so you already know in real life what a club is comfortable with so why don’t they just make that the case at the start of the game and then you can change it later on in terms of downsizing etc?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'd like it if there was an owner mode where you could hire and fire manager, staff, change organisational structure. Use profits to fund team etc.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I have a week off from tomorrow so going to dive in properly. Think I’m going to do two beta saves. One with PSG and Bremen. Might actually just do them both on the one save.

saik

Any new features this year?
They got licenses for all the Uefa competitions this year so you'll hear the music for the draws and also at the start of the matches. Obviously the match day animations are a bit updated as well where the pre-match lineups and scoreboards look as they would on TV.

Pretty sure we will get bored of sitting through the draws fairly quickly but it does feel very cool to have it in game.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They got licenses for all the Uefa competitions this year so you'll hear the music for the draws and also at the start of the matches. Obviously the match day animations are a bit updated as well where the pre-match lineups and scoreboards look as they would on TV.
That'll be top notch for the 5% of people who play FM with the sound on. :drool:

saik

That'll be top notch for the 5% of people who play FM with the sound on. :drool:
You can actually turn off sounds and have only the music on. But I get your point. Even I don't play with sounds on normally but it does look and feel good to have it in game. :lol:

V.O.

You can actually turn off sounds and have only the music on. But I get your point. Even I don't play with sounds on normally but it does look and feel good to have it in game. :lol:
To be fair, I do like that they're doing something with the license rather than just having the CL name and logo in the game without having to download a fix.

But I am trying to find an excuse to bother with this year's version and the updates seem even more meaningless and incremental than ever. :(

Last edited:

saik

To be fair, I do like that they're doing something with the license rather than just having CL the name and logo in the game without having to download a fix.

But I am trying to find an excuse to bother with this year's version and the updates seem even more meaningless and incremental than ever. :(
Yea if you already have FM22, I would say don't bother getting it for full price. Not a lot in it other than that small visual upgrades. Maybe wait until it goes on Gamepass for free or on any Amazon Prime giveaway. :lol:

diarm

Sancho sent off for a 2 footed lunge 25 seconds into my first game of the season and 2 penalties to Newcastle before half time.

I don't even have Get Stuck In selected.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yea if you already have FM22, I would say don't bother getting it for full price. Not a lot in it other than that small visual upgrades. Maybe wait until it goes on Gamepass for free or on any Amazon Prime giveaway. :lol:
Well it’s on Gamepass from launch. Perfect place for it as it’s not worth buying anymore.

V.O.

Well it’s on Gamepass from launch. Perfect place for it as it’s not worth buying anymore.
Come to think of it, I still have an active gamepass sub, so I may as well just wait the couple of weeks and do that.

Surprised how much value I've gotten out of that for someone who hasn't owned an Xbox since the 360.

Dave_MUFC

Just beat Fulham 5-1 in my first game in the league with Martial bagging 4 goals. :lol: What formation are you playing? I've just went with standard 4-2-3-1 vertical tiki-taka.
I've tried settling on a 4-2-3-1, simple control possession, but without stepping up, as that seemed to screw me over.

Seemed to do better now, but was going to draw with City 2-2, but Foden scored a 93rd minute DDG mistake...

Also played Spurs and got battered most of the game, but managed to get a goal back, before Mctominay got himself sent off, but Rashford managed to get an 88th minute equaliser.

Biggest issue is Martial and Rashford missing loads. Although again, that's probably quite realistic.

saik

I've tried settling on a 4-2-3-1, simple control possession, but without stepping up, as that seemed to screw me over.

Seemed to do better now, but was going to draw with City 2-2, but Foden scored a 93rd minute DDG mistake...

Also played Spurs and got battered most of the game, but managed to get a goal back, before Mctominay got himself sent off, but Rashford managed to get an 88th minute equaliser.

Biggest issue is Martial and Rashford missing loads. Although again, that's probably quite realistic.
I found doing this with Maguire in team is recipe for disaster. It's not like it served well when I played with Martinez and Varane though. Seems like it needs some pacy defenders to work.

Agreed on the Martial and Rashford bit. Martial is now out on loan at PSG. He stunk up the place after my first match and Rashford is way too inconsistent.

Zen

Just had this ....

20th October 2022 - Offer Ronaldo/DDG a one year extension to start at end of season, alls good.
22nd October 2022 - Both come forward saying they aren't going to renew and want to consider options after World Cup. Conversations go odd, DDG reasonable, Ronaldo fuming and hates me but then...
26th October 2022 - Both accept the deal from the 20th.

dafuq

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Didn’t for me when I took over at Everton and in the weekly updates it’s recommending me staff members for positions which are overstaffed so they want me to sack 3 people to hire one. Just seems like a weird model of the game and could be improved.

The game is released in November but you start an FM season (in England) in June/July so you already know in real life what a club is comfortable with so why don’t they just make that the case at the start of the game and then you can change it later on in terms of downsizing etc?
It's especially weird when you can just keep renewing staff contacts even though you're massively over your staff allowance. It's only an issue if you want to bring in an outside hire.

Just had this ....

20th October 2022 - Offer Ronaldo/DDG a one year extension to start at end of season, alls good.
22nd October 2022 - Both come forward saying they aren't going to renew and want to consider options after World Cup. Conversations go odd, DDG reasonable, Ronaldo fuming and hates me but then...
26th October 2022 - Both accept the deal from the 20th.

dafuq
They both have 1 year extensions you can just trigger.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
22nd October 2022 - Both come forward saying they aren't going to renew and want to consider options after World Cup.
Ha, I had the exact same thing, both on the same day. The difference being I agreed with them and told them to feck off :D

Zen

Given you've already got Casemiro, playing as United is far too easy(as it always is of course) when you get Jude straight off the bat for 95m and I've just agreed Pedri for end of season for 75m :lol:

Also... how did this Tom Huddlestone thing go over my head, I thought someone had casually signed him in the game without my knowledge, to see that it's legit!

saik

Looks like there's a pretty big bug where the player's technicals don't develop at the same rate as their mentals and physicals. https://community.sigames.com/bugtr...issues/no-technical-player-development-r8437/. And here I was wondering why Mainoo was only developing his mentals while his technicals didn't move an inch. :lol:

Also, does anyone else always get pretty good youth intake in their first save while in the beta? Can anyone confirm if that's something coded in to "treat" their player base because they pre-ordered the game? :lol: Just had my youth intake and I have 1 player with 188PA and two players with 163PA and a couple others with above 150PA. Even in FM22 I had something similar where I had 2 players above 170PA and a bunch of others above 150PA.

V.O.

Looks like there's a pretty big bug where the player's technicals don't develop at the same rate as their mentals and physicals. https://community.sigames.com/bugtr...issues/no-technical-player-development-r8437/. And here I was wondering why Mainoo was only developing his mentals while his technicals didn't move an inch. :lol:
I suppose it's always risky in the early release version, but that's fecked any long term save anybody had planned for now. Hard to believe something that huge got through testing, but I think the playerbase are the testers for SI at this point.

saik

I suppose it's always risky in the early release version, but that's fecked any long term save anybody had planned for now. Hard to believe something that huge got through testing, but I think the playerbase are the testers for SI at this point.
Yeah I just have fun with United in the beta and hover up all the real world wonderkids and only get into a long term save after the full launch. :lol: But I hate how SI tries to get away with this kind of bullshit that players had to report big bugs such as these. And then they act like it's not a big bug at all.

Even the Dynamic youth rating thing from last year was nothing like how it was marketed and the feckers at SI didn't agree when it was pointed out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Also, does anyone else always get pretty good youth intake in their first save while in the beta? Can anyone confirm if that's something coded in to "treat" their player base because they pre-ordered the game? :lol: Just had my youth intake and I have 1 player with 188PA and two players with 163PA and a couple others with above 150PA. Even in FM22 I had something similar where I had 2 players above 170PA and a bunch of others above 150PA.
Well that’s my save stopped for now. Glad I didn’t get that far into it. Probably going to have to start again though. What a joke.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
@Solius Saw you say about ETH getting sacked. He has 2 wins in 10 on my save and is sitting in 17th. :lol:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Anywhere to get this at a decent price with early access?
There's a few YouTubers that are offering discount codes at Fanatical (and probably a few other sites) on top of the cheaper prices that those stores are running.
If you check out any of their videos from their current beta lets plays they'll likely have a mention of it in the video descriptions.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Watched the PSV match earlier an decided to do my first save with them. Had a good season and it's going right to the wire...

Robbie Boy

There's a few YouTubers that are offering discount codes at Fanatical (and probably a few other sites) on top of the cheaper prices that those stores are running.
If you check out any of their videos from their current beta lets plays they'll likely have a mention of it in the video descriptions.
Cheers bud, I'll take a look.

MattofManchester

So apparently the continental format changes in 2024 change it to the League format.

Honestly, for that reason alone, I will never purchase this. Wonder what are everyone's thoughts about this.