Gaming Football Manager 2023

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Always forget. Do I have to wait for full game to do all the name fixes and graphics?

Dave_MUFC

Anyone struggling with United? I've played 3 matches, not conceded any goals, but only scored in one (against villa). Just seem toothless up front. Guess it's finally realistic!

bosnian_red

Anyone struggling with United? I've played 3 matches, not conceded any goals, but only scored in one (against villa). Just seem toothless up front. Guess it's finally realistic!
Just beat Chelsea 6-0. But got hammered by City. Main annoying thing for me is there's been a penalty in like every game.

saik

Just beat Fulham 5-1 in my first game in the league with Martial bagging 4 goals. :lol: What formation are you playing? I've just went with standard 4-2-3-1 vertical tiki-taka.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I fecking promised myself I wouldn't.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Shane Duffy randomly joined my squad for Colemans testimonial.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Shane Duffy randomly joined my squad for Colemans testimonial.
I think that's been a thing in FM for a few years. When a player has a testimonial the odd player will be available in the squad. Might be based off the player's favoured personnel perhaps.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think that's been a thing in FM for a few years. When a player has a testimonial the odd player will be available in the squad. Might be based off the player's favoured personnel perhaps.
Never seen it before in all my time playing it. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anything that you need to have before starting? I'm just downloading the Real Names fix but not sure what else.

saik

That can be added at any time though. There are certain things that need to be done before starting a game sometimes.
Ahh didn't fully understand your question earlier. My bad.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Defenders seem to make so many mistakes in this match engine.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Malacia, Martinez, and Dalot are under rated.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Installing windows. Let’s go!
I've made the mistake of deleting my previous packs from FMs 20, 21 and 22 and it has already been an hour as it tries to deleting the absolute gigabyte beast I created.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What's the early verdict?
I've had two red cards in 5 games and CB mistakes in 3 of those. Need to figure that out as I am trying a similar system to last years game and isn't working as well! Also lots of pens, for and against.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

No issues scoring here, twatted leicester in my first game 4-1, Jadon hat trick.

Martinez has average stats but seems to do the job on the pitch, Casemiro is an absolute beast at the 6.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm starting unemployed. Looking to begin in the Championship. Game seems initially slow for me though so maybe I loaded too many leagues on this dying laptop.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm waiting for the right Championship job to come up and seen that ETH has been sacked in October :rolleyes:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Someone on the forums made a good point about staff numbers. It is daft that you can start a new game and have 9 scouts but the club has a limit of 7. It makes no sense at the start of the game. Every club should be suitably or understaffed.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Jan 2023 and I got the Blackburn job. Will give it a proper go next week I think.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Someone on the forums made a good point about staff numbers. It is daft that you can start a new game and have 9 scouts but the club has a limit of 7. It makes no sense at the start of the game. Every club should be suitably or understaffed.
If a club can be understaffed than why not overstaffed?

saik

Have I just unlocked Elanga? Also Mainoo scoring on his debut. :drool:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They can, just not at the start of the game when we know they’re not?
It depends on which team though no? United always are massively overstaffed in scouting at the start of the game. I always saw this as the board deciding with your appointment they want to slim it down from the previous regime etc.

Zen

What do I need to delete for Germany / Japan and all that garbage shit they need to fix again (on steam) ?

bosnian_red

What do I need to delete for Germany / Japan and all that garbage shit they need to fix again (on steam) ?
Search fm23 real names fix, the files are out that you can download and instructions

bosnian_red

After the initial few game trial with United, I started with Sheffield Utd since they got Ahmedhodzic and I always like starting at this level. Always do disable first window as the first window is always a bit weird anyway. Didn't realize but they have about 7 first team players with broken legs or torn knee ligaments to start the season with, didn't realize they were that fecked in real life :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It depends on which team though no? United always are massively overstaffed in scouting at the start of the game. I always saw this as the board deciding with your appointment they want to slim it down from the previous regime etc.
I think if that’s the case it should be said in game perhaps that the club wants to downsize. Still seems a bit weird to me.