France national team | Martial ruled out due to injury, Lemar replaces him

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
"An insult to football":lol::lol::lol: , it's almost 2019 and there is still this kind of twitter comment in this forum

They are definitely more entertaining team than 2010 Spain that won almost every game 1-0, the game against Argentina was incredible.

I can't wait to see Martial and Mbappe on both side :drool:
You obviously don't know shit about football if you find them more entertaining than Spain 08/10/12 and it's almost 2019..learn to recognize a great team (probably the best national team ever) and a boring defensive side like France 2018 then we can discuss.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
What is going on with Laporte? I know he kicked up some fuss for the u21s when he said he wasn’t sure if he’d play for France or Spain but you’re looking at a 24 year old CB playing every game for one of the best clubs in the world (who concede less than any team)?!

He would Improve Spain AND France, will he go his entire career without a senior cap for either?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What is going on with Laporte? I know he kicked up some fuss for the u21s when he said he wasn’t sure if he’d play for France or Spain but you’re looking at a 24 year old CB playing every game for one of the best clubs in the world (who concede less than any team)?!

He would Improve Spain AND France, will he go his entire career without a senior cap for either?
He wouldn't improve France because he wouldn't play, Umtiti and Varane are the starters and deservedly.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
He wouldn't improve France because he wouldn't play, Umtiti and Varane are the starters and deservedly.
Imo he’s the same level as both but not prone to a massive brain fart like Umtiti is every game or Varane is occasionally. Even as a 3rd choice Cb, he’s got to be in that squad.

JPRouve

Scout
Imo he’s the same level as both but not prone to a massive brain fart like Umtiti is every game or Varane is occasionally. Even as a 3rd choice Cb, he’s got to be in that squad.
Which is why he wouldn't improve the team because he isn't better than the starters and he doesn't provide something different either. After that it's about attitude, his attitude in the press has put question marks from the national team POV.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Which is why he wouldn't improve the team because he isn't better than the starters and he doesn't provide something different either. After that it's about attitude, his attitude in the press has put question marks from the national team POV.
Even though Umiti is injured and Varane is in poor form so you could call him up now and there's room for him to start?

JPRouve

Scout
Even though Umiti is injured and Varane is in poor form so you could call him up now and there's room for him to start?
So you didn't read the second part of the post or the post I was responding to? And Varane is the vice captain, he will be selected as long as he is good for France on and off the pitch.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Ben Yedder and Haller are quite clearly better than Finbogasson. Come on man.
Alfreð has more than a goal every other game for Augsburg. You can even make a straight up comparison between him and Haller because they've played the same league and Haller is just plain worse and he hasn't had several fitness setbacks.

Ben Yedder is an inconsistent and frustrating player. I prefer consistency. Also Alfreð outscores both of them yet you claim they are clearly better. Have you watched him play?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Based on your location, I'd guess you know a lot more than me about the Icelandic team, but when it comes to forwards, when I see that our (by our I mean my club, FC Nantes) highest paid striker, Sigthorsson, who has been AWOL for over 2 years, is still being called up in the team, I don't see how Ben Yedder and Haller wouldn't get in. I'm sure guys like Ntcham or Diallo would be called up if they were english or italian.
Kolbeinn is done because he had shit attitude during his last injury. He's being called up because we've got a new manager who is frankly desperate because he's taken over Iceland with many key injuries and our squad doesn't handle key injuries so he's pretty much hoping that Kolbeinn somehow becomes fit because as far as Icelandic form goes (Kolbeinn was always better for country than club) there have been few better, he's got a goal every other game for Iceland which is not just excellent in general for a national team striker but especially so for Iceland who don't score many goals.

Also I said they would get a call-up, just not into the team. Getting into the team wouldn't be hard as we basically only have about 15 quality players. Being called up for Italy doesn't refute my point. Italy aren't better than us.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Surprised you wouldn't have Greizy in the mix. Had a quiet WC but was still involved in most of their goals. I'd have him as the focal point ahead of Giroud personally.
Never been the biggest fan of his. I mean, he's great - a lot better than what I have him credit for a few seasons ago when we were linked with him - but he's just not my type of player.

If I were the manager, I'd definitely pick him, but, as I'm not, I'd love to see how Fekir would do in his position, linking with Martial, Pogba and M'bappé, with Kanté there to sweep up. I have Giroud in because I think he's a good focal point and excels at bringing others into play.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
both Pogba and Martial are out, replaced by Sissoko (lol) and Lacazette.

Stadjer

Now only Mbappe, Griezzman, Kante, Varane (although he has been horrible this season) and Umtiti need to stay at their clubs and we might have a chance of winning!

Bad luck for Martial.. hopefully it is just a minor injury and he will be able to play for United the next game. Keep the goalscoring streak going!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Weren't people going mad about Aouar a few months back? He's just scored for Lyon so another France will probably trial out in next year.
Aouar and Ndombele sitting in reserve. Jealous.

Pass and Move

You obviously don't know shit about football if you find them more entertaining than Spain 08/10/12 and it's almost 2019..learn to recognize a great team (probably the best national team ever) and a boring defensive side like France 2018 then we can discuss.
I find the current France team far more entertaining to watch than the 2008 Spain team. I much prefer direct counter-attacking football than tumble drier tiki-taka rotation.

The most exciting moment in general play for me is seeing the opportunity for a fast break opening up, which doesn't happen when you're doing the hokey-cokey around the opposition penalty area.

AbduRaheem

Can't argue with a world cup winning team. They seem to have something right

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Annoying for Martial. The Shaw injuries for England weren't so bad as there isn't as much competition there (only Chilwell and Rose, really with Bertrand getting the shove). Much tougher for Martial to get in the France squad and this won't help.

JPRouve

Scout
Mendy is out too, Mendy will replace him. I'm on standby, I might receive the call.:lol:

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Laporte might have a chance, just waiting for another injury report.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good to see Plea get a call up, liked him since I saw him play for Nice two years ago and is scoring a few goals for 'Gladbach.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
France players injured or left out of squad:

Benjamin Mendy
Laporte
Lucas Hernandez
Samuel Umtiti
Paul Pogba
Tolisso
Adrien Rabiot
Martial
Lacazette
Payet
Lemar
Kingsley Coman

Their strength in depth is insane.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
People are being a tad harsh on Sissoko.

I've never been a big fan of his, but fair play to him since coming back in to the team he's been really, really good for us. MOTM in a couple of recent games.

He has very clear limitations and can be very frustrating, but in the right setup he is a player who has his uses.

JPRouve

Scout
Ok so what? Still disgusting this dinosaur cnut Deschamps selects Sissoko over Ndombele.
Sissoko hasn't been selected over Ndombélé, it's the other way around.

JPRouve

Scout
It was hilarious, I was watching L'equipe when they were training, Mbappé and his team were pissed at the end. A player yelled "The ref(Deschamps) is corrupt!".