Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
True! I mean that sacking table is actually hilarious. Actually wouldn’t surprise me if success got to Roman’s head after Mourinho had won Chelsea two league titles in a row. Because of this Roman probably expected the club to win the league every year and CL every 2nd year. Now while I am writing this, I remember wasn’t there a reported expectation from Chelsea around 2008 that they should be winning 2 CL titles every 5-10 years? That was ridiculous.
Oh most definitely. Roman is far less impulsive these days as he has people in place that he trusts completely (e.g. Marina).

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It started last season and culminated this season. Semantics.
If you did something last season and carried on doing this season, are you doing something different this season? No.

We're talking about things Lampard changed this season. Tomori has been out of the side since 2019, it's not a new development.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If you did something last season and carried on doing this season, are you doing something different this season? No.

We're talking about things Lampard changed this season. Tomori has been out of the side since 2019, it's not a new development.
You're letting your tears cloud your judgment.

littleman

He's different gravy to Lampard in terms of experience. Whether he can turn them into title threats immediately is questionable but pretty certain they're going to be a better side. Personally think he could have held out for a better club but I guess he has a chance here to take on Pep, Klopp and Jose at the same time - a league of Super Coaches!

don’t forget Ancelotti and Bielsa

id love to say Bilic too but he gone

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
More money to spend doesn’t mean you will do better. He really got no clue when he was given those money last summer. I never understand what was his plan when he signed Havertz & Werner. Werner is more suitable in counter attack or counter press team which not suitable to how Lampard plays last season and Havertz is no 10 or forward not a no 8.

always_hoping

Romans patience ran out so no surprise Frank was sacked. @duffer tried to convinced me a few weeks ago that Lampard would still be Chelsea manager next season as Roman had changed his ways hmm.

The British media will be very upset that their darling is gone but they'll have to move on now realise Tuchel is a big upgrade on Lampard.

duffer

Scout
Romans patience ran out so no surprise Frank was sacked. @duffer tried to convinced me a few weeks ago that Lampard would still be Chelsea manager next season as Roman had changed his ways hmm.

The British media will be very upset that their darling is gone but they'll have to move on now realise Tuchel is a big upgrade on Lampard.
Liar liar pants on fire.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not convinced at all TR. With Chelsea they dealt with the devil, this is part of the deal of having a filthy rich owner. They demand results and have little patience when they're throwing 200million of their own money at the club. I don't really think long term Managers are a thing in the slightest, it's more a case that the Premier League have the best Managers in the world here right now (with a few minor exceptions). So naturally they're going to be given more time. I was utterly baffled by both Arsenal and Chelsea appointing two rookie Managers. It's the last thing you want to be doing right now in the Premier League.

We were slightly different as Ole came in half way through as caretaker, we didn't sign him up initially so he had a chance to prove himself. It was an educated gamble on our part with results to back it up. Arsenal and Chelsea closed their eyes and hoped for the best. I mean, how do you expect Chelsea to react when Lamps was satisitcally the worst Manager in the Roman Era? A pat on the back? I'll applaud the Chelsea fans for sticking with him though, if Ole had Lampards results, Redcafe would be a smouldering wreck. :p
I mean I don't disagree. He was out of his depth by the looks of it but was the structure and support really there for him to thrive? I'm not so sure. When you look at what's been done at United (and still lots of work to go) you can see the club is fully supportive and invested in the wider vision. They've show this by letting him move on some big players, revamp the staff behind the scenes and allow him to influence signings. Chelsea were supposed to be doing this themselves but it's all been smoke and mirrors. With the report that players have been revolting and going to the committee complaining about Frank it just seems there's toxicity throughout the place that they really need to weed out.

Zen86

He should never have taken the job. Roman isn't known for patience, he was never going to get much leeway to learn his trade and build the experience that he's sorely missing. This was inevitable. He would have been much better off working at smaller clubs for another few years before taking the step up.

He's seemed out of his depth this season, the spending spree really escalated the pressure on him. Obviously he was in his element when he was working with the younger, more inexperienced players, throwing a load of egos in the team all at once really pulled the rug from under his feet.

It's a shame he's been sacked, the blame ultimately lays with whoever signed these players during the summer. If that was Lampard's decision then it's his own fault, but who knows.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Same with me.

Strelok

I'd be slightly worried if I were a Chelsea fan. The Hire / Fire approach doesn't seem to have the same success the last 5 or 6 years, with the time they won the title the only title challenge in that time. I read also that they havent won a CL knockout tie since 2014 as well.

I don't think they have the same characters in the dressing room that they've had in the past to really elevate them, & it seems almost a culture now for the players to give up on a manager really easily if things don't go their way.

That's why I rate Utd for sticking with Ole, & Arsenal for Arteta. Once you have that set in the club, that the manager doesn't have the power, then it tends to not mean good things.
Imo the Hire/Fire era was practically over by the moment the players prices gone through the roof. That method basically could only work if the club can afford multiple expensive signings in one or two windows consecutively.

Back then £100m bought you 3 world class or very good players. If you spend £300m well you're basically buying a title winning team. Now £300m give you 3,4 good players. However when you buy a player for £100m you're very likely to have to give him a £300k - £400k a week contract. Very few players could keep their hunger and motivation after such deals, especially the young ones. They also become very very big assets of the club, much bigger than the manager himself. And they know that. Their agents know that. The club knows that. Even the manager knows that.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Shouldn't have got the gig in the first place. I'm sure he will be added to the dial-a-manager list alongside the likes of Bruce, McCarthy, Pulis etc.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
They? Care to bring some examples/quotes?
What? Why? There’s no need.

I’m not going to go through and dig out half the forum for being Ole Out and gloat.....

1 - There’s literally no need
2 - It would cause an unnecessary argument

duffer

Scout
You were literally trying to bet with people :lol:

Seems fairly evident that you thought things would be different this time.
It was not "Frank Lampard will never get the sack". It was Lampard will not get the sack at the time, and he didn't.

There's a reason nobody took me up on the offer, they'd have lost.

I thought he'd last longer, I was wrong but let's not pretend I was talking about Roman changing his ways. I say enough stupid shit on here that people don't need to make stuff up.

Berbaclass

It was not "Frank Lampard will never get the sack". It was Lampard will not get the sack at the time, and he didn't.

There's a reason nobody took me up on the offer,
they'd have lost.
You said he would last the season.

Someone did try and call you out on your bet but you backed down.

You are obviously deeply emotional right now over today's events so it's understandable that your memory is a little bit off.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

You are obviously deeply emotional right now over today's events so it's understandable that your memory is a little bit off.
It is hilarious how he cannot admit to being wrong. Ive been wrong on things and i admit it and just move on. He seems to believe that he can never be wrong. Its comical as feck.

duffer

Scout

Post a link to someone accepting my bet and I'll pay you double whatever the bet was.

I remember someone offered me a totally different bet but nobody accepted mine.

My good name is being dragged through the mud here, I've a good mind to sue you for libel!

Berbaclass

Post a link to someone accepting my bet and I'll pay you double whatever the bet was.

I remember someone offered me a totally different bet but nobody accepted mine.
I'll take a £100 charity wager that Chelsea will not finish top four if he does stay until the end of the season. No lack of effort from the Chelsea players tonight, just a lack of real talent.
I'm not interested in that. I am talking about him lasting the season.

And not to be rude but you've been here for a few weeks. I don't trust you to pay out!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
No offence but this is just hilarious. Like something Alan Partridge would do. Not trying to gang up on you Duffer, but you have to let it go. People can get it wrong, even the smartest of us.

Luke1995

I mean, he is still Frank Lampard

He'll probably get a good opportunity next. Maybe not in the Premier League, but going to another country would allow him to learn even more.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

More brutal than Ancelotti and Di Matteo?
Of course not. Ancelotti was the one done dirtiest - sacked in the tunnel at Goodison having finished 2nd the year after winning the league and making us one of the most exciting attacking sides in Europe, at least until Roman meddled to foist a past-it Torres on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.