Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maybe best game for us so far. He was everywhere, very good in defence and good on the ball. I am very pleased

Paul_Scholes18

He is good when playing with Mctominay. Has also been very good in the big games. It is against the weaker sides we have seen him struggle just like the rest of the team.

Andersons Dietician

ahead of Rashford! Are you related to him?
I picked Fred over Rashford as well to be honest but both were great tonight.

When Spurs scores, he wins a header against Kane, then gets to Alii. Where were Maguire and Lindelof. Do think he does the right thing making it difficult for Alii but Young should be going in there and getting a head on it.

Made a great couple of blocks as well. He was just everywhere and involved in everything tonight. Complete performance.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Really pleased for the guy. Best game so far for us and has done really well to come through a tough start for us. Let’s hope he can really start to justify his price tag.

RedDevilRoshi

Best game in a Utd shirt for me.

He looks far more comfortable next to McTominay and it showed tonight as he was everywhere!

Mr Smith

As has been pointed out by others, much better when next to McTomminay. Will be better again when part of a 3. Still not sure about him long-term but great yo see him have a good game.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I kinda like how he just fecking pings balls forward at people as hard as he possibly can... reminds me of Anderson.

Can’t quite tell whether that’s a good thing or not.

SteveW

He's an awful lot better without that little twerp beside him in there.

SteveW

As has been pointed out by others, much better when next to McTomminay. Will be better again when part of a 3. Still not sure about him long-term but great yo see him have a good game.
Fred, McTominay behind Pogba will be excellent imo. Fred and Scott have built a really solid hardworking partnership. Pogba should be able to express himself with some freedom with that solidity behind him. Knowing our luck that 3 will never get to play together.

Grande

Not his best game for us, but a very good game. Agree with those who say he plays better with McTominay, and Solskjær said as much himself after the game - he can play in a different way with McTominay beside him.

Shimo

The few games before McTomminay got injured, the two of them showed real signs of forming a solid partnership. They really complement each other in the middle of the park in that setup, where both are full of energy and provide good defensive cover, both are decent at advancing the ball at their feet and Fred recently has been finding his passing range between the lines.

When Pogba is back, Fred needs to keep his spot and Pogba needs to be pushed into the free role, playing between the lines, collecting the ball and being able to release the attacking trio as well as getting into the box and/or shooting from outside.

SoCross

What an engine he has. Never stops running and he covered for Young (and had done so for Williams) so many times. Hope we get to see him, Scotty Mac and Pogba play together this season; that midfield has potential.

PaulRich

Having someone like Scott next to him makes all the difference. As others have said his best game in the red shirt last night - and by a mile.

Suedesi

That shot he took from the edge of the sixteen that turned into a pass for Rashford on the opposite flank almost had me despair. Thankfully the rest of his game was solid

Mr Smith

Fred, McTominay behind Pogba will be excellent imo. Fred and Scott have built a really solid hardworking partnership. Pogba should be able to express himself with some freedom with that solidity behind him. Knowing our luck that 3 will never get to play together.
Sell Pogba and buy Bruno or Eriksen, that midfield may have potential.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I was very impressed with his energy, was always running. However I still didn't think perfect on the ball and positionally not great. I would say McTominay had a better game, but Fred's definitely been growing this season.

Craig Ward

He was good again, full of energy and desire.

He seems to be more positionally aware, making interceptions and breaking up play. He was good on the ball as well, looking more assured. He looks for a forward pass whenever possible, not a standard side to side midfielder when it comes to passing.

I think the more confidence he gets he'll get better and better. He has the engine to drive forward with the ball, something I think he can do more of.

I think him and Periera are trying to play the same game when they play together as a 2 and, as we have seen it doesn't work. Much better with McTom, and although Rashford will get the plaudits I think Fred was the best player on show against Spurs

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Starting to show his worth after a very tough start to his United career. Top effort last night.

romufc

Fred and this team prefer playing teams that play football. It is when we play teams who sit back we look lost.

The passing today was crisp with pace and accuracy. Normally it is very slow side to side.

Is it a motivational issue?

This team needs a 4, 5 - 0 performance against a lesser team to get that confidence.

Tribec

I think him and Periera are trying to play the same game when they play together as a 2 and, as we have seen it doesn't work. Much better with McTom, and although Rashford will get the plaudits I think Fred was the best player on show against Spurs
For me, when Periera has played in front of McTom and Fred, we've seen him play his best games for us and whilst I've been trying to figure out why when Andreas drops to play next to Fred it doesn't happen, your suggestion makes a lot of sense.

I have to say that over the past month or two, Fred has kept on improving, prior to McTom's injury and even during that spell he was covering so much ground. The other thing I have noticed is that whilst his desire to win and drive to keep going are not quite in the Keane bracket, he's possibly the only one out of our team that keeps going right to the end and won't give up driving us forward to either pull a goal back or score the late winner. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but he does seem to becoming more vocal on the pitch, so perhaps after a year or so and he's perhaps grasping the language better he's starting to show why we bought him.

Jonno

His defensive duties were brilliant last night. He has a real engine on him, covers a lot of ground and suffocated them defensively.

His passing and decision making going forward was still hit and miss. One moment he would start a counter attack brilliantly, the next, he would panic on the ball and concede possession. His shooting is woeful needs work.

He's limited, but hard-working and I've seen big improvements. He deserves his place for now, but I'm not convinced he can propel us to the top 4 of the Premier League.

laughtersassassin

Agreed. If he goes we'll need to replace him.
Yeah. And not just with one player. If Pogba goes we must spend all the money we get for him in maybe 2 players. So 130mil approx and then spend our normal budget on top of that.

Nine of this only spending the Pogba money cause that is just idiotic and asking to fail.

Although I expect that will happen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to improve his shooting. Rarely gets on target
Most of those shots were with his weaker right foot. Obviously not a massive excuse but it does make a difference, you can tell it's more of a swinger than getting his body behind it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Covered most distance than any Manutd player vs Spurs 11.62 Kms, thats excellent considering he always runs at good pace instead of jogging.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Really happy for him, always thought there was something in there, but he hardly ever showed it. Shows what having a regular place in the starting line up can do.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
For many games this season we’ve talked about his ridiculous, almost performance dosing-like, engine and stamina. It has always been his decision making and quickness of thought on the ball that was missing. He’s got it now. We no longer feel uncomfortable when he gets the ball in risky situations.

one thing I particularly love is how he will always, always be there to cover the flanks. As a fullback and CD that helps immensely. Strong strong team player

AR87

I'm not sure if it's related or not, but he does seem to becoming more vocal on the pitch, so perhaps after a year or so and he's perhaps grasping the language better he's starting to show why we bought him.
Ole mentioned this a few weeks ago as well. I'm sure it helps. I've seen him directing Brandon Williams positionally in previous matches.

“He is more confident, he believes in himself,” Solskjaer said. “He has come to a new country, the biggest club in the world, he is learning the language. He is speaking good English now, I don’t have to speak very slowly to him when we talk to him now.

“You can see him in training he’s happy. He’s married, he has a kid. I think he is finding his feet and enjoying himself."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...urged-seize-opportunity-ole-gunnar-solskjaer/

EireRed_GS

He was very good last night, covered every blade of grass. Done a great job in midfield.

When he has to control a game and do alot of defensive duties, he doesnt do very well and struggles, quite a bit. But when he is in the middle with some decent players around him, he looks solid and has more freedom to move the ball around. I always said i thought he would slot into a Juve or City midfield easy and do really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.