Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Great athleticism, endurance, and drive but unfortunately for Fred and his teammates, the game is played with a ball. I know we are short of both options and quality in that position, but he can’t be viewed as anything more than an immediate short term stop gap. I’d rather go into next season with Lindelof as CB, Martial as #9, and Greenwood starting on the right if it meant replacing Fred with an actual footballer.

Have you ever seen anyone worse on the ball?He’s too poor of a footballer to ever be a top level midfielder. How does a Brazilian international playing on the biggest stage regularly look like he’s never played the game before? Central Midfield should be priority #1 this summer.

RedRJ

Our worst player on the day. Fairly comfortably too. Happily it didn’t cost us.
Yep. Works his socks off, but loses possession too cheaply and gives away silly fouls around our box too often. Good squad option but not good enough to be a starter in the most important games.

Ekeke

Energy and effort. Outshined by McTominay but did a very good job next to him as a battling midfield that isnt going to have most of the ball

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No-one in the league outdoes him for energy.

He's the best in the league for his type of player, but you can't expect any assists, key passes or goals.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Always get the work rate and excellent attitude, passing was shit today though. It's really something he needs to tighten up. It's not like he's taking risks. It's just so loose all the time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The guy who got 6 goals and 4 assists in a season and came up with important goals in big matches. Maybe you were watching a different team

Wow, 6 goals and 4 assists in a season for United for Man Utd.

No, you win mate, you win.

flappyjay

It's hard to believe that this guy came through the Brazilian system. Great athlete but not a great footballer

Donut

Was like a pub player on the ball, and like prime Gatusso of the ball. We need better.

stevoc

As much as i like Fred surely we can find someone with the same workrate and energy but who can also pass?

tjb

Fred isn't that good defensively. He presses, but he can't tackle and is poor at dealing with aerial duels. His positioning is also suspect when playing as the sitting DM.

Ironically he's terrible in one on one situations, which is ironic because Awb and shaw are quite good at those both offensively and defensively. Maguire and Lindelof handle those better too. United have a team where our least technical players are in central midfield where technique, both offensively and defensively are key. Its the reason we don't dominate these games. Think about it, we are good at counters and don't concede in these games, its only the midfield not doing their jobs.

Motorman

Laughably bad on the ball. Fred up of saying it.

We must improve on him, Declan Rice for me. I love his enthusiasm, work rate, but I cringe Everytime the ball is played into him.

I even feel his teammates avoid passing to him at times when the easy ball is on.

I’m no fan of Fred.

I didn’t think he played particularly well today, but we were up against one of the best midfield’s there is - and frankly, today isint the day to criticise him after a fantastic win.

Ekeke

If we want to play with more of the ball against a top team like City we need an alternative to Fred with more composure when players are around him, less loose touches and passes. But I think Fred's effort around McTominay helped McTominay put in a great performance today.

SirScholes

They didn't score any goals and rarely looked like doing so. Well played Fred.
Joking aren’t you ha they had a good number of chances
Them not scoring was down to great defending from our back 4
i thought it was a typical Fred day, a pain for city when they had the ball and a pain for us when we had it

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Great athleticism, endurance, and drive but unfortunately for Fred and his teammates, the game is played with a ball.
This is an excellent summary of Fred.

Anyone excusing his performance because we got a good result should be banished from this part of the forum.

Ekeke

Joking aren’t you ha they had a good number of chances
Them not scoring was down to great defending from our back 4
i thought it was a typical Fred day, a pain for city when they had the ball and a pain for us when we had it
Sterling could have had 2 and Rodri hit the bar. They didnt score multiple times because of their own finishing

SirScholes

Sterling could have had 2 and Rodri hit the bar. They didnt score multiple times because of their own finishing
Right, I mean you can’t keep them out all game, but the post I was replying to said they didn’t have any chances

Teja

He’s literally cost us goals trying to do this.
Yup, but I still think he's significantly more effective than Fred at build up play.

You can't focus too much on big errors that happen once a season, have to look at individual attacks and the average case in general.

arthurka

We paid 50m for a workhorse Lee Cattermole, let that sink in. The least Brazilian Brazilian I have ever seen. Can't pass, can't shoot and can't trap a fecking ball. We bought the fecking Running Man.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I love him, but I think he looked a bit tired today (and recently).

Could do with a rest. He was a lot sharper with his touch and passing in the first half of the season.

mav_9me

His workrate is good enough for him to be a squad player. But imagine if we had a proper CM like scholes or Modric or Kroos etc, someone who can control the game from CM...

laughtersassassin

I was fine with letting Herrera go but he was way way better than Fred overall.

Fred biggest attribute is workrate and the like. After that what is he truly very good at? Nothing really.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Energy is more or less all he has.

How many times did he give away the ball today? It's almost miraculous that we won, and kept a clean sheet, with a midfielder like him who just kept on, kept on, kept on giving them the ball for free.

A team with a midfield of him and McTominay will never win anything. You may as well be flipping a coin when they pass it.

Red00012

He runs a lot and he’s niggly as in he’s there just trying to get a foot in and rarely actually ends up winning it back.
His passing is as bad as his shooting now

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Trash peformance. Unacceptable. Thankfully, the rest of the team made up for his erratic display.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
People want United to control the posession in these games for what? Rashford, martial are useless without space.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I was fine with letting Herrera go but he was way way better than Fred overall.

Fred biggest attribute is workrate and the like. After that what is he truly very good at? Nothing really.
Herrera is one of the most overrated players of the last decade.

His performances for PSG shows this.

Very average player who managed to turn fans head around because he seemed to play with passion and I am very happy he left.

Tarrou

he's the player I fear the most when we decide to fanny about it with it at the back

when he's on form its fine but when he isn't its shambolic

Status
Not open for further replies.