5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheist

He was quite good, won a number of 50-50s, created a great opening for Rashford and in general covered a lot of ground.

Wolverine

Very good. More calmness under pressure now and some creativity + vision as well in forward passes

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
really good again. beautiful passes into rashford and bruno to create a goal scoring opportunity. short passing was tidy and did his usual share of hard work.

great game.

TheReligion

Abusive
Good today just like Mctominay (who was slightly better).

I'm happy with them both and they are adapting to Ralf very well.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He won a header!

I could have sworn his left footed shot was going to be another scream. Sad to see it blocked.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Looks like Rangnick's pressing system and Fred are a match made in heaven. Was excellent again.
My first post after RR was announced was that Fred would be his wet dream. He's putting consistency in and actually correcting a lot of things he was screwing up in regularly, like simple passes and positioning.

Can see him improving more under Ralf too, which is good.

bugmat

Very good today. My outfield MotM. Needed to be on th eball more - created one of our best chances that rashford dawdled with in the box.

Winrar

Would've been my MOTM if it wasn't for De Gea's heroics.

He's been the biggest benefactor to Rangnick's approach.

CallyRed

He drives me insane.
But today I give it to him, he played well and was our best outfield player imo.

DarkXaero

Our best outfield player tonight again. We already knew about his workrate/pressing, but he has shown some real improvement on the ball lately and not enough praise has been given to him for that.

RUCK4444

MOTM in five games straight I reckon, although De Gea saved us again today.

Some may laugh but his performances are somewhat carrying us at the minute. He’s been vital in the goals we’ve scored in previous games and goals have been at a minimum, not to mention his defensive performances and his energy.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Strange indeed that our back 7 were all good and our front 4 let us down. Fred as close as he gets to perfect tonight. On a great run of form. Long may it continue.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Just a misunderstood player. He’s genuinely been our second most important midfield player after Bruno for the last 2 years. Yeah we’ve been shit.. and we are still shit, but Fred’s been pulling his weight and killing himself for the team. Few more like him and we’d be swamping teams instead of looking like strangers every second match. Always plays on the edge and thank feck for that. We are often too lethargic and predictable otherwise. Fred gets it forward faster

Jackal981

Who would have thought he isnt shit when we got a proper manager. There is a reason Pep wanted him. If he went to City we would be bashing our board for not signing him.

AR87

Who would have thought he isnt shit when we got a proper manager. There is a reason Pep wanted him. If he went to City we would be bashing our board for not signing him.
The funniest part is how many "pundits" also simply wrote him off as some talent-less joke of a player, while simultaneously castigating the entire squad for a lack of work rate, desire, and energy, all which Fred has brought in spades every single time he's been called upon.

Vaibhav Raj

We all know he can be quite good with his pressing game. Against Norwich, he was also very tidy with the ball at his feet. The question marks over his erratic diagonal passing shouldn't go away just yet and he will still struggle with those passes wherein he tries to switch the play. Yesterday he kept it to a lot of vertical passes or shorter, grounded diagonal ones and, as a result, was more effective.

With Bruno, Rashford, Sancho and Ronaldo being pressured tightly and constantly giving the ball away, did we need midfielders who could switch the play, hit accurate long balls and force the opposition to drop a bit? Maybe we did. Maybe Fred should improve in that department. Or maybe that's too much to ask of a single player. Maybe we should put that responsibility on whosoever we pair with Fred (Pogba?!) since Fred can be quite handy in a counter pressing system.

Last edited:

Jackal981

The funniest part is how many "pundits" also simply wrote him off as some talent-less joke of a player, while simultaneously castigating the entire squad for a lack of work rate, desire, and energy, all which Fred has brought in spades every single time he's been called upon.
The only crap thing in his game is his shooting. Funniest thing when we saw him lineup like he would take free kick with the others :lol:

Levenstein

The only crap thing in his game is his shooting. Funniest thing when we saw him lineup like he would take free kick with the others :lol:
I think he can shoot very well. Goal against Palace was well taken. Also he had good long range shot today which I think would've concerned Krul.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just a misunderstood player. He’s genuinely been our second most important midfield player after Bruno for the last 2 years. Yeah we’ve been shit.. and we are still shit, but Fred’s been pulling his weight and killing himself for the team. Few more like him and we’d be swamping teams instead of looking like strangers every second match. Always plays on the edge and thank feck for that. We are often too lethargic and predictable otherwise. Fred gets it forward faster
The recent myth that he’s suddenly become good under Rangnick is getting annoying. As you say, he’s been one of our most important players for years now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What? I thought in the 2nd half he was the one trying to get us playing quicker as we were moving the ball too slow, or should I have thought he was brilliant in the first half as well to fall in line with the bandwagon?
I think you should call a good/very good performance a good/very good performance. This is the performance thread after all.

Devil may care

I think you should call a good/very good performance a good/very good performance. This is the performance thread after all.
I called what I saw, i didn't say he was bad in the first half but he was more effective in the second, however I'd stop short of calling any performance yesterday good if we are trying to get standards back, bar De Gea there wasn't a really good performance from a United player, we were average to poor all over the pitch yesterday.

Raven

I called what I saw, i didn't say he was bad in the first half but he was more effective in the second, however I'd stop short of calling any performance yesterday good if we are trying to get standards back, bar De Gea there wasn't a really good performance from a United player, we were average to poor all over the pitch yesterday.
I can't agree with this, whatsoever. I thought yesterday was one of Freds best games for us, not only was he excellent at his usual stuff but he was also very silky on the ball and helped us create chances and progress the ball on multiple occasions.

Rajma

We’re fecked if he gets injured. I think that’s the only player in our team this can be said about.

Litch

Standards back is a fallacy. I think you can still be good without the barometer having to be something set 20 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.