Fred | Manchester United Player | For Reals

Jerch

Didn't followed it really, why we did the intro thing now? Isn't Fred at WC with Brazil?
I know that he got injured but thought he is back in training with the squad.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
You like how I think I know what? You know that official means, Manchester United announcements, right? I know that Man United announced at the start of June that they've reached a fee with his club, and then announce nothing for nearly 4 weeks, that means the deal hasn't been completed. For all we know, multiple clubs could have agreed a deal with Fred's club.

It's cringeworthy, especially if the deal had collapsed.

Nevertheless, he's now in the Red Shirt and Manchester United have announced it.

I like how you think you knew that Fred had actually officially signed for United at the start of June. You must be pretty pally with him.
Original announcement on the 5th, today's the 21st... Impressive turning a bit more than two weeks into "nearly four"!

el3mel

Didn't followed it really, why we did the intro thing now? Isn't Fred at WC with Brazil?
Surely all these have been recorded earlier and we were just waiting to get the work permit so that everything is done and make the announcement.

Nick7

You like how I think I know what? You know that official means, Manchester United announcements, right? I know that Man United announced at the start of June that they've reached a fee with his club, and then announce nothing for nearly 4 weeks, that means the deal hasn't been completed. For all we know, multiple clubs could have agreed a deal with Fred's club.

It's cringeworthy, especially if the deal had collapsed.

Nevertheless, he's now in the Red Shirt and Manchester United have announced it.

I like how you think you knew that Fred had actually officially signed for United at the start of June. You must be pretty pally with him.
Guess what? Fred is a United player. Fred has been a United player since June 5th. Thanks for the rant though.

Last edited:

Canagel

I believe the club were waiting for the work permit to be sorted out before announcing the completion of the deal. The intro video and photos must've been shooted at the time of the original announcement.

criticalanalysis

Mourinho only talks about his attacking capabilities in his comment. Strange considering work rate and overall contribution is supposed to be some of his strengths.

Here's hoping he will help with our shitehouse slow transition from defence to attack anyways.
Based on youtube highlights, thus making me a expert, he seems to be bit of a ball carrier (what he was doing when Cnutemiro done him in training). Don't shoot me here but he could be like the Brazillian Kante.

Jonno

Yeah that's wrong.

Every other outlet, and the club, say 47m
Well, it's subjective as to whether it's wrong or not.

But back to my point regardless of 47m or 61m.

Mourinho 'has faith' in Fred enough to cough up 47m on him and as such won't trust him to only wear number 8 and not number 10.

/

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Don’t want to jinx it but he’s the high octane, hard working and technically gifted player our midfield has been crying out for. A Matic, Fred, Pogba midfield is very well balanced.

A proper left (footed) back and right winger and I’ll be very happy with our summer business.

Ashley R1+O

Who gives a solitary shit how much he costs, he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. :rolleyes:

Seems like he's got his head screwed on and is ready for hard work. Hopefully can become a Mournhio gem instantly since we're losing grit with Fellaini leaving.

SteveW

Based on youtube highlights, thus making me a expert, he seems to be bit of a ball carrier (what he was doing when Cnutemiro done him in training). Don't shoot me here but he could be like the Brazillian Kante.
He likes a through ball though. In my opinion he's been bought to speed up the transition through midfield with incisive passing. We've missed that since Carrick started to play less

SteveW

Don’t want to jinx it but he’s the high octane, hard working and technically gifted player our midfield has been crying out for. A Matic, Fred, Pogba midfield is very well balanced.

A proper left (footed) back and right winger and I’ll be very happy with our summer business.
I agree. It should mean Pogba stays further forward and doesn't need to drop back as much to build up the play.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder if he'll play ahead, alongside or behind of Matic. Seems capable of doing both jobs.

I think i'd prefer to use his energy as a box to box midfielder, but his goal scoring record isn't great for that. Hopefully will be the "Kante" to the Pogba we see for France.

Dolf

Let's hope Matic doesn't get injured this season because we have no replacement for him AT ALL, unless you think Ander is a good CDM. There goes our balanced midfield.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let's hope Matic doesn't get injured this season because we have no replacement for him AT ALL, unless you think Ander is a good CDM. There goes our balanced midfield.
Herrera actually does a really good job as a CDM? his tackles/interception stats are pretty high, and his passing is better from deep IMO.

I prefer him there than further forward.

Zoo

He was player of the year in that position in 2017.

J_XO

The thing I like most about him is how he drives forward with the ball. We’ve needed that for a while

Dolf

Herrera actually does a really good job as a CDM? his tackles/interception stats are pretty high, and his passing is better from deep IMO.

I prefer him there than further forward.
He was player of the year in that position in 2017.
I agree but he's completely different than Matic and in my opinion would ruin the balance because Ander is also a bit of b2b like Fred.

Kyriacandro

Great to see Fred finally sign i think he's going to be great for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigma

Doubt he'll get on. Fernandinho is in front of him in the pecking order.