Fred | Manchester United Player | For Reals

Wan

You like how I think I know what? You know that official means, Manchester United announcements, right? I know that Man United announced at the start of June that they've reached a fee with his club, and then announce nothing for nearly 4 weeks, that means the deal hasn't been completed. For all we know, multiple clubs could have agreed a deal with Fred's club.

It's cringeworthy, especially if the deal had collapsed.

Nevertheless, he's now in the Red Shirt and Manchester United have announced it.

I like how you think you knew that Fred had actually officially signed for United at the start of June. You must be pretty pally with him.
Keep digging.

United Pro

Fred's release clause was €60m (about £52.8m), so there's no chance we paid £62m (€70m) for him. Sky Sports are notorious in recent years for inflating every transfer fee we pay for players. According to other reliable reports we ended up paying €55m rising to €60m with performance related add ons (£48.4m rising to £52.8m).

Anustart89

Fred's release clause was €60m (about £52.8m), so there's no chance we paid £62m (€70m) for him. Sky Sports are notorious in recent years for inflating every transfer fee we pay for players. According to other reliable reports we ended up paying €55m rising to €60m with performance related add ons (£48.4m rising to £52.8m).
Teams can agree a deal that is higher than the release clause. The reason for this is that a release clause has to be paid in one payment whereas a 'regular' deal can be paid in installments. To make the selling club go along with an installment based deal the transfer fee might end up higher.

Although I do agree that English newspapers tend to inflate our transfer fees, usually by swapping out the euro and pound signs.

United Pro

Teams can agree a deal that is higher than the release clause. The reason for this is that a release clause has to be paid in one payment whereas a 'regular' deal can be paid in installments. To make the selling club go along with an installment based deal the transfer fee might end up higher.

Although I do agree that English newspapers tend to inflate our transfer fees, usually by swapping out the euro and pound signs.
That's true, but in this case Sky Sports are saying that United are paying Fred's release clause of €60m up front with an additional €10m in add ons. That's surely simply untrue and would make no sense.

Anustart89

That's true, but in this case Sky Sports are saying that United are paying Fred's release clause of €60m up front with an additional €10m in add ons. That's surely simply untrue and would make no sense.
Agreed.

Infra-red

Looking forward to seeing him cut in for a shot with the possibility of a through ball to Dalot on the overlap.
His shooting from distance looks pretty good. Having seen a little bit (mostly videos) of him since these rumours started up, it seems he quite likes cutting in and hitting lofted passes over the opposition back line, too. Good range of passing, certainly.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sucks he hasn't seen a single minute of football at the WC yet, consequence of Brazil being a bit crap I guess

Kevin_

Any chance of him getting some minutes VS Belgium? Been hanging to watch this guy

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Your all talking about Willian being Mourinhos Brazilian player but I reckon that Brazilian he was talking about was Fred. I know it’s easy to sit here and say that but I think Mourinho understands Chelsea don’t want to get stung like they did with us and Matic.

Mourinho from what he did at his previous clubs suggests he likes to get transfer business done early which makes me think he must be annoyed at the lack of movement right now. With the World Cup coming to a close in 10/11 days you can bet your life that there will be movement immediately after the competition.

I’m wishing for players like Sandro, Bale and perhaps one more CB ala Bonnuci. If we get one of them I’d be delighted.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Your all talking about Willian being Mourinhos Brazilian player but I reckon that Brazilian he was talking about was Fred. I know it’s easy to sit here and say that but I think Mourinho understands Chelsea don’t want to get stung like they did with us and Matic.

Mourinho from what he did at his previous clubs suggests he likes to get transfer business done early which makes me think he must be annoyed at the lack of movement right now. With the World Cup coming to a close in 10/11 days you can bet your life that there will be movement immediately after the competition.

I’m wishing for players like Sandro, Bale and perhaps one more CB ala Bonnuci. If we get one of them I’d be delighted.
Hmm, I wonder what could have given you that impression.

diarm

Not really sure why we'd need to wait until after the world cup for those three?

Inter Yer Nan

Bale's off the table. Too much money besides new manager will probably fancy him and/or Bale will fancy his chances to impress not to mention if Ronaldo really does leave they won't let Bale go in the same window.

I think it's Wilian or bust on the right side. Left-back I feel confident we'll get someone and I wouldn't be surprised if that's it but think we are probably getting a new center back too. Mourinho did say in January he doesn't see us going for any more attackers though his opinion may have changed after the football served up.

Member 113277

If it is Willian (and he is a fine player), it is another 30 year old (next month) who is or has peaked. I'd prefer to see us looking for younger wide men, as explosive pace tends to decay quickly (and I'm hoping Sanchez will come back fully refreshed and with a spring in his step).

Bestietom

Don't think we will see him start tonight as Fernandino will be ahead of him now that Casemiro is out. He may get call from the bench though.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Not really sure why we'd need to wait until after the world cup for those three?
Simply because in order for those three players to leave the selling clubs need to find replacements and therefore that will be done after the World Cup. My opinion anyways

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Bit worrying if he's not better than this shite.
Tite like all other national coaches got his favourites and go to guys. Just look at him insisting on playing with the trainwreck that is Jesus instead of the much better Firminho.

Acole9

Outstanding
This lot are hopeless, they're not going through. Give the lad a run out.