Fred | no longer Fred the Red but now a Turkish delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyt

Good luck to him, never hit the heights consistently but had some great games here and there. Never shy'd away and gave his all. Wish him well!

Shimo

He updated his cover photo to a "Loading" image on FB - best of luck to him.

Trequarista10

Garnacho doesn't really count under Rangnick, does he? He wasn't really part of that side which downed tools. Bit rum to include him.

Rashford showed for Ten Hag last season, but there's nothing to say his position is secure if he fails to show in future. He'll be sold.

Just my opinion, but there are players I'm sure he is giving the illusion they're secure, but he'll get rid if they don't match what he wants, which was kind of my point with Fred.
Rashford won't be sold. He will have to keep performing to remain in the starting XI, but he's also versatile enough he'd be kept as a squad option even if someone forced him from the first choice LW spot (Garnacho has a chance possibly), unless Rashford really pushed for a move, but in a couple years he'd likely settle for a squad role anyway.

Similar for Bruno. I think ETH obviously trusts him, as he has been played at 6, 8, 10 and on both wings when required and shows an ability to follow instructions and play for the team, even if it means he doesn't have the free role he was granted under Ole, he's definitely more than capable of fitting into ETH's system.

Also Shaw and Varane are likely to remain first choice for the foreseeable. Dalot and AWB both getting plenty of playtime and if another RB is signed next season, one would likely remain as a rotation option. Lindelof will be kept as a rotation option unless he pushes for a move, but realistically is quite well suited to ETHs system anyway. Sancho the jury's out, ETH seems to be trying to find a way to get the best out of him, he may be kept as a versatile squad option unless he agitates for a move. Martial, meh. I think ETH likes him stylistically but he's never fit.

Fred and McTominay both optimise how far behind the squad was technically, especially as they play in the position where ball retention and possession play is the most important attribute. And whilst they somewhat symbolise the Ole and Ralf eras, they are demonstrative of the squad as a whole. There are a number of quality players that a quality coach can work with.

stu_1992

Good luck. Definitely for the best to move on all for all parties. We need to move on from an extremely inconsistent player and he should get guaranteed first team football at his new club.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Better player for us than Pogba (which is a debate I hate with another United fan a year or so ago).

Sanche7

I'll miss Fred. Some good performances, always tried his best and always had a smile on his face.

AFC NimbleThumb

Better player for us than Pogba (which is a debate I hate with another United fan a year or so ago).
Pogba did more in his first year than Fred has done over the course of however many years we’ve been forced to watch him misplace 10 yard passes.

I understand it’s popular to bash Pogba cause, quite frankly, he was more shite than good but feck me he’s left a lot of you with PTSD i’m unsure you’ll ever recover from.

Infestissumam

good luck to him. Never knew if you'd get a world-class or a beer league performance from him on any given day, you just knew it was going to be one of the two.

OleGunnar20

Good luck Fred. If he could consistently perform at his best he'd be a force, but the man has chaos in his veins.

Very likeable player though who gave 110% from 1 to 90. I'm not sure if I'll miss him exactly but I've enjoyed having him here.

Alemar

We got 10m +5, which means 10 now, and probably 5 later,, assuming it's an almost guaranteed add-on
Fred has never been injury prone, so he will easily accumulate appearances at least.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Good enough to be useful and not deadwood -

But I value Ten Hag/United not holding on to players unnecessarily - seems like we might be growing a bit of a lower ego of Real Madrid.

Plastic Evra

Sadly couldn't rebrand him Fredito, pay for a new haircut and have Chelsea swoop in with 30m£ for that fabulous new prospect.

goalscholes

15m euros in this market is so so poor. Fred would be a good signing for anyone outside of the European places, he’s got plenty of Brazil caps and is a decent back up.

Why would we sell him for next to nothing? The club is a joke.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
15m euros in this market is so so poor. Fred would be a good signing for anyone outside of the European places, he’s got plenty of Brazil caps and is a decent back up.

He is four months away from signing a pre-contract agreement with anyone and leaving on a free. €15m with less than a year left on his contract is actually very good.

Kostov

Honestly people complaining about 10m for Fred deserve Fred football for 10 more years. A year left on his contract, 30 year old, 100k a week and average to boot. Some of you needed a reality check in the constant overrating of his “quality”. It’s a good deal for all sides.

cletus7

Honestly people complaining about 10m for Fred deserve Fred football for 10 more years. A year left on his contract, 30 year old, 100k a week and average to boot. Some of you needed a reality check in the constant overrating of his “quality”. It’s a good deal for all sides.
you had might as well give him away. 10m is laughable.

buckooo1978

good transfer for Mainoo - kid needs opportunity

A strange player Fred. Performances swung from the sublime to the ridiculous like no other

Good Luck

Kag

Don’t talk shite. If clubs really wanted him then they’d pay more.

He’s worth what others will pay. Apparently that’s around £13 million.

Polar

He is four months away from signing a pre-contract agreement with anyone and leaving on a free. €15m with less than a year left on his contract is actually very good.
I’m glad we sold Fred, but £10+5 isn’t a very good price. £15-20 would’ve been a fair price.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I’m glad we sold Fred, but £10+5 isn’t a very good price. £15-20 would’ve been a fair price.
Would you rather firm at £20m and risk losing him for free? Or do you the bullet and take something like £12m for him? That’s an easy answer. £12m is a lot of money for us cause we are shit at selling.

Dempsey19

I'd of accepted a bag of wine gums for him.

Too many players at the club that cost too much and are earning too much, and it was clear as day within first 6 months they weren't good enough.

Kingofwinners

We’re well rid of him. Not a bad word to say about his attitude as a person but as a footballer he doesn’t have the discipline, consistency or hunger. I don’t love the smile when your losing stuff.

We were blessed to get any money over 10M for him. He has no place in any side that wants to play serious modern football, with disciplined control, systems etc. That’s why no one offered even low money for him in a big league, I hope Fenerbache make the money back in jersey sales cos they won’t get the value on the pitch. But look good luck to club and player I wish them both well, but I am perplexed by people thinking he had any place in our future.

mshnsh

The worst period under Ferfuson was 2003 to 2006. We only started coming good in the second half of 05/06 and were champions the following season.

One of the reasons for the rise back to the top was clearance of deadwood and thinning the squad. We sold the the likes of Tim Howard, Djemba Djemba, Bellion, Kleberson, all not good enough for United and brought in the likes of Evra, Vidic and Van der saar.

These last 10 years we have had alot of footballers who simply haven't been good enough and Fred is one of them. If he played for Madrid, he would have lasted a maximum of 2 seasons. We need to be ruthless in selling and smart in the market to get back to the top. No room for sentiment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.