Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Social Madworks

If we sign this guy, does that mean we’ll end our interest/supposed pursuit of Milinkovic-Savic?

Can’t see JM bringing in 2 CM, but then again I’m not the gaffer!
Carrick is 188cm, Fellaini is 191cm, while Fred is only 169cm. I am sure Mourinho will bring in one more tall and strong guy to play his favourite game plan.

Djemba-Djemba

The film company Utd use to film player unveilings have been booked to go to Utd on Monday.

I imagine it'll be Fred announced Monday night or Tuesday.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Carrick is 188cm, Fellaini is 191cm, while Fred is only 169cm. I am sure Mourinho will bring in one more tall and strong guy to play his favourite game plan.
There's no way Fellaini is only 3cm taller than Carrick...but generally agree

GM K

At 50 million quid, Fred will obviously be our main midfield addition this summer. If we sign another central midfielder, it will reportedly be someone younger (Lorenzo Pellegrini has been linked).
Maybe but I don't see why we shouldn"t invest more in our midfield if a top class creative midfielder is available in the market. If not, yes, a capable and less expensive midfielder should be brought in.

Djemba-Djemba

We need more information on this. Where did you read that?
Friend of mine works for the film company.

I know this sounds like typical ITK nonsense but the only other time i've posted anything like this was when the same guy told me on the Saturday that we'd be announcing Pogba early next week because he'd been booked to go and do the filming. And he was totally right.

He doesn't know who the player is but I'm guessing it's Fred since most of the media seem to be saying it's done.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Friend of mine works for the film company.

I know this sounds like typical ITK nonsense but the only other time i've posted anything like this was when the same guy told me on the Saturday that we'd be announcing Pogba early next week because he'd been booked to go and do the filming. And he was totally right.

He doesn't know who the player is but I'm guessing it's Fred since most of the media seem to be saying it's done.
Kohler sleeve sponsorship and Griezmann announcement coming Monday people :keano:

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
Paris United(pretty reliable with PSG related news) has said that PSG has made a bid worth 40 million € for Fred.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
Paris United have rarely got a news wrong. GDM's reputation will take a hit if he doesn't join us now.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Paris United(pretty reliable with PSG related news) has said that PSG has made a bid worth 40 million € for Fred.
Yes and they also said that they can't compete with United and City's bid and Shakthar's president demands more than 40m euros. Why the feck are you spreading incomplete news when whole of the update was written in one post?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just read an article that popped up on my phone saying that Shakhtar have upped the price at the last minute and it's leaving the deal hanging in the balance. Apparently they now want £61 mill. Tbh I thought there was a release clause, but I may be wrong.

If this turns out to be true then it's starting to look like Di Marzio has massively jumped the gun.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just read an article that popped up on my phone saying that Shakhtar have upped the price at the last minute and it's leaving the deal hanging in the balance. Apparently they now want £61 mill. Tbh I thought there was a release clause, but I may be wrong.

If this turns out to be true then it's starting to look like Di Marzio has massively jumped the gun.
I doubt there would be so much transparency from the player's side if the fee was yet to be agreed. Fred himself is out there acting like a United player on social media.

What was the source of your article?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I doubt there would be so much transparency from the player's side if the fee was yet to be agreed. Fred himself is out there acting like a United player on social media.

What was the source of your article?
I just double checked where the article had come from and it was the Daily Express (I thought it was MEN), so probably a load of rubbish and not worth even linking the article.

beingshe7don

Maybe but I don't see why we shouldn"t invest more in our midfield if a top class creative midfielder is available in the market. If not, yes, a capable and less expensive midfielder should be brought in.
Bayern are looking to offload Thiago. It's a no brainer. The guy would be a phenomenal and more dynamic No. 6 for us and he's coming into his prime at 27. He will come at the cost of 52m

Pogba ------- Fred
----- Thiago ------

It makes no sense to spend 100m+ on Milinkovic Savic when we already have Pogba.

Fred (43m)
Thiago (52m)
Dalot (17m)
Bale (85m)??? I wouldn't go for him but get Douglas Costa for around 50m+
Sandro (40m)

ReallyUSA

Bayern are looking to offload Thiago. It's a no brainer. The guy would be a phenomenal and more dynamic No. 6 for us and he's coming into his prime at 27. He will come at the cost of 52m

Pogba ------- Fred
----- Thiago ------

It makes no sense to spend 100m+ on Milinkovic Savic when we already have Pogba.

Fred (43m)
Thiago (52m)
Dalot (17m)
Bale (85m)??? I wouldn't go for him but get Douglas Costa for around 50m+
Sandro (40m)
Forgetting about our best midfielder past year

deafepl

No offense to Matic but he isn't all that dynamic and is one of the reasons for our slow transition from midfield to attack.
Thought same things, I'd like to have DLP like Carrick instead of Matic, he was the reason that connected midfield and attacks very well, we created a lot of chances with him starting the majority of our games in the league last season. We seem to be more regressed in the chance creation and reduced by half compared to last season and conceded nearly doubled shots on target than last season. On-form Herrera is better than Matic as he was all over pitch often and more space to cover than Matic.

beingshe7don

Thought same things, I'd like to have DLP like Carrick instead of Matic, he was the reason that connected midfield and attacks very well, we created a lot of chances with him starting the majority of our games in the league last season. We seem to be more regressed in the chance creation and reduced by half compared to last season and conceded nearly doubled shots on target than last season. On-form Herrera is better than Matic as he was all over pitch often and more space to cover than Matic.
Yup which is why I think Thiago could provide that sort of Carrickesque deep lying playmaker sort of ability with more flair and being more agile. If we could get Douglas Costa and Thiago from Bayern, that would immensely improve the team along with Fred and new fullbacks.

deafepl

Yup which is why I think Thiago could provide that sort of Carrickesque deep lying playmaker sort of ability with more flair and being more agile. If we could get Douglas Costa and Thiago from Bayern, that would immensely improve the team along with Fred and new fullbacks.
If we play 3 midfield, Matic surely must be replaced by Fred deeper with the likes of Kroos or Thiago type behind Pogba in an advanced position and free roam. New fullback must be comfortable on balls as we need them to cover space and tuck in midfield to protect at back alongside with DM so Pogba and Thiago can cause chaos in a 2-3-5 formation when is in attacking mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.