Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

Don't be ridiculous, if they are shooting unveiling video on Monday, the post editing process would take at least 2 days maximum considering the corporate level of United.

As a production guy, I think the unveiling will be on Wednesday afternoon minimum.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Don't be ridiculous, if they are shooting unveiling video on Monday, the post editing process would take at least 2 days maximum considering the corporate level of United.

As a production guy, I think the unveiling will be on Wednesday afternoon minimum.
They can hurry things up by replacing sanchez with fred the red in the piano video. Then towards the end (ie on the pitch) the mascot removes the mask to reveal himself as fred

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No offense to Matic but he isn't all that dynamic and is one of the reasons for our slow transition from midfield to attack.
Matic, who has been a part of two title winning teams with quick transitions is at fault for our slow transitions. Matic, who plays every game for a manager that builds teams that transition quickly is at fault for our slow transitions.

And the way to solve this is get fecking Thiago to play as a deep lying playmaker. You are a genius, Woody should sign you up.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Can I get an FM run down of Fred? What is he? Box to box? DLP? I presume he's not an attacking midfielder player given where most of you seem to be putting him in our potential lineups. I don't think I've ever seen him play.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

Pretty sure i saw a video behind the scenes from one of those shoots and they set up to edit on the spot. Probably hired for insanely quick turnarounds

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Can I get an FM run down of Fred? What is he? Box to box? DLP? I presume he's not an attacking midfielder player given where most of you seem to be putting him in our potential lineups. I don't think I've ever seen him play.
He is a no.8.

Good engine which allows him to support the attack and track back very well
Good passer through the lines
Good tackler
Good set piece taker
Good dribbler

Quite bad in the air

I believe he is quite similar to Kante, with a slightly lower emphasis on destroying and more emphasis on building the play.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He is a no.8.

Good engine which allows him to support the attack and track back very well
Good passer through the lines
Good tackler
Good set piece taker
Good dribbler

Quite bad in the air

I believe he is quite similar to Kante, with a slightly lower emphasis on destroying and more emphasis on building the play.
Sounds like Herrera. Or at least the player Jose wanted Herrera to be.

WPMUFC

The film company Utd use to film player unveilings have been booked to go to Utd on Monday.

I imagine it'll be Fred announced Monday night or Tuesday.
Craig Norwood also started following Fred on social media about 5 days ago. Considering he's bascially transfer muppet god, i suspect it's almost 99% going to be fred.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Sounds like Herrera. Or at least the player Jose wanted Herrera to be.
Fred is better at everything except tackling compared to Herrera in my opinion. Even then it's quite close as Fred's winning of the ball is very good.

Herrera tends to have just one pass in his locker, the 'hit it as hard as you can into space' pass. Herrera also tends to lose his position due to randomly wanting to press the ball like a maniac (probably a habit from his younger days).

I'm not trying to bash Herrera because I think he is a good player. But Fred has been very good in the CL, which is usually a sign of quality.

Zoo

Just read an article that popped up on my phone saying that Shakhtar have upped the price at the last minute and it's leaving the deal hanging in the balance. Apparently they now want £61 mill. Tbh I thought there was a release clause, but I may be wrong.

If this turns out to be true then it's starting to look like Di Marzio has massively jumped the gun.
So why don’t you post the link?

GM K

No offense to Matic but he isn't all that dynamic and is one of the reasons for our slow transition from midfield to attack.
I think Matic has been a fantastic buy and he is a brilliant player. Some of us massively underrate him here. His football brain more than makes up for his pace and i will certainly not blame him for our slow transition. I can't count how many times he put other players in positions to transit into attack and they messed things up. He was by far out best midfielder last season.

GM K

Thought same things, I'd like to have DLP like Carrick instead of Matic, he was the reason that connected midfield and attacks very well, we created a lot of chances with him starting the majority of our games in the league last season. We seem to be more regressed in the chance creation and reduced by half compared to last season and conceded nearly doubled shots on target than last season. On-form Herrera is better than Matic as he was all over pitch often and more space to cover than Matic.
Wow!

I absolutely disagree with that. Matic is a far superior DLP to Herrera.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wow!

I absolutely disagree with that. Matic is a far superior DLP to Herrera.
Herrera has been at the club since the summer of 2014 and in that time he's had, what, 1 good season? I don't get the hype surrounding him. He's not even close to Matic in terms of ability.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Herrera has been at the club since the summer of 2014 and in that time he's had, what, 1 good season? I don't get the hype surrounding him. He's not even close to Matic in terms of ability.
Even if you don't think Matic is 'good enough', wouldn't the question inevitably pop up regarding why top managers have used him to win titles? Add to this that Matic was bought by Mourinho when he came to Chelsea, and bought again at United. Obviously Matic fills the role of DM to a very good level.

Then when you look at Herrera, who was given a run in the team by LVG and Mourinho, and dropped down the pecking order after that run of games. Obviously they are seeing something that we can't, they aren't going to get reinforcements in midfield if Herrera was offering the things that they wanted.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Thought same things, I'd like to have DLP like Carrick instead of Matic, he was the reason that connected midfield and attacks very well, we created a lot of chances with him starting the majority of our games in the league last season. We seem to be more regressed in the chance creation and reduced by half compared to last season and conceded nearly doubled shots on target than last season. On-form Herrera is better than Matic as he was all over pitch often and more space to cover than Matic.
Herrea is not as big and tall as Matic but does a lot of things better than Matic. In his best season for us(before Matic came) he was simply a superior player to Matic in almost all accounts, including his 11 assists, while playing as a deepest midfielder and providing legs for Pogba, often holding the midfield on his own. It is baffling how people overrated Matic. He's done well for us this season and is a decent dsigning but if we wanna ever play some fluent football and win the midfield battle against the best teams. We need a more dynamic player. On that alone Herrera in form is an upgrade on Matic. Winning the ball all over the pitch, and higher up the pitch, quickly releasing the ball to strikers, unlike Matic slowing the game down massively dwelling on the ball far too long so everyone is already marked and all the spaces shut down..

For me we need to replace Matic sooner or later or sacrifice one attacking player and play 3 in midfield which can obviously work but if we go with midfield three then Herrera would be still my choice. Matic could play against lower sides though, after all it was Herrera who most often than not got MOTM against top6 sides last season before being unlucky to get injured and Matic hit the road running against the bottom6 sides with a fresh hungry team behind him

Natyd

Hope we conclude this deal soon with the news of napoli rejecting citys bid for Jorginho the last thing we need is for them to swoop in and snap him up

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Even if you don't think Matic is 'good enough', wouldn't the question inevitably pop up regarding why top managers have used him to win titles? Add to this that Matic was bought by Mourinho when he came to Chelsea, and bought again at United. Obviously Matic fills the role of DM to a very good level.

Then when you look at Herrera, who was given a run in the team by LVG and Mourinho, and dropped down the pecking order after that run of games. Obviously they are seeing something that we can't, they aren't going to get reinforcements in midfield if Herrera was offering the things that they wanted.
Pretty much, but football fans do tend to live under the illusion that they know better than a fully qualified manager.

We are a deluded bunch that's for sure :lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pretty much, but football fans do tend to live under the illusion that they know better than a fully qualified manager.

I like Herrera and always wonder why he doesn't get more game time. But then two highly qualified managers have put him to the way side (LVG and Mourinho have different tactical instructions but both of them didn't fancy him). Instead of making crackpot theories about how he would play under so and so manager, and play in such and such system. I just accept that I'm probably chatting out of my arse and have no idea how to assess players from my limited view as a fan.

Mourinho and Conte both praised Matic and wanted him as mainstays in their team. Current and former players talk about how tough he is to play against and that he's a top quality player. Good enough for me.

Cal?

CR7 fan

I have no doubt many on the Caf would have done better than 7th that season.

redIndianDevil

52m pounds for a defensive midfielder is steep isn't it? especially for one playing in Ukraine. Or is he not a defensive midfielder?

Mister_Stubbs

As someone who has never seen him play, nor watched any 5 minutes video of him on YouTube.. can someone tell me what sort of player we are getting. Thanks.

Saf94

52m pounds for a defensive midfielder is steep isn't it? especially for one playing in Ukraine. Or is he not a defensive midfielder?
City paid like 35m for Fernandinho from Shakhtar in 2013, with market inflation 52m sounds about right

GregtheRed_

In the above video he looks fantastic. He looks similar to what Pogba offers - ability to release players, driving runs and the confidence to take someone on. No doubt we'll have a player that looks capable if Pogba is sidelined. Will they compliment each other together, or will one of them be hindered to compliment the other?

Reactions: Sultan

cyberman

I'm lost with the 'We can't spend x amount on this player because of y and z"
Would anybody's life here change if Fred cost 40m instead of 50m?
Do we even know if this impacts other targets?
Its so strange. Just buy Bale and enjoy the next 3 years you planks!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Yep, I can't stand these people going crazy at transfer fees. As far as I'm concerned we should spend as much as possible instead of letting the owners pocket it. Reinvest the money into the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.