g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeInTheSky

The scoutnation videos are always good as attached.

I see him as a classic box to box player. He's very central and can play as AM, CM or DM. Good engine, technically solid and acts as the glue between defence and attack. He's a more forward thinking version of Fernandinho but in the bracket of Kante. He'll bustle about the pitch, win possession and get the ball forward quickly. Basically I see him really helping our slow build up play and transitions from attack to defence.
Sounds promising!
His through balls are sensational. Question is who do we think will realistically capitalise on them? Maybe Lukaku but he does not play on the shoulder. Perhaps if the pass was from deep then he might get on them. I would say Martial might have the right game to make the most of them?

EyeInTheSky

Looking at his stats, it says about 100 games but he's been there five seasons. Anyone know why so low? (injuries, maturing, selection?)
There are only 12 teams in the league I think and 32 games a season in the league played by each time or something like that. So less games than compared to other leagues so a players games played looks comparatively low

MrBest

Adds nothing to the discussion
Find it hard to get excited about any signings with Jose as our manager.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
There are only 12 teams in the league I think and 32 games a season in the league played by each time or something like that. So less games than compared to other leagues so a players games played looks comparatively low
Oh. Sigma said less and I thought that explained it.

If 32 a season, he's played 3 seasons worth in 5 seasons. Presuming age meant hasn't always played?

The Irish Connection

His through balls are sensational. Question is who do we think will realistically capitalise on them? Maybe Lukaku but he does not play on the shoulder. Perhaps if the pass was from deep then he might get on them. I would say Martial might have the right game to make the most of them?
Sanchez and lingard

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
"Herrera in form"

Errrmm, only problem is that he has only been 'in form' once in the last three to four seasons?

I'm sorry but Herrera can't lace Matic's boots. Matic, is far more consistent, more tested and proven, has been the core of three title winning teams - one in Portugal and two in England and has obviously outperformed every midfielder at United last season including Herrera. Minus the period when he was apparently overworked, Matic has been immense and one of the reasons we stayed second. The only outstanding season Herrera had, we were like fifth on the table? That means something.
thats your opinion, you're entitled to that. Matic had a long average period too, but his fans like you like to overlook that for some reason. Mourinho backed him which is fine, it's his preferable player for that role, Herrera got some injuries when he could get back to line up too, we also played some absolute dull football at times with Matic and Pogba who looked better next to Herrera to last season, in terms of the overall midfield performance and lastly I think with Herrea we won two cups, with Matic, amazing second place, what trophy is that being some 18 points behind citeh?
I dont think there is personally a big difference between the two, they are both different players, if Mourinho likes a player who can sit deeper and be rock solid like Matic why not. Herrera would be much better in a high pressing team, which we unfortunately are not. I'd persononally rotate them more next season and directly, to keep both fresh and play more midfield three but with Matic we are too overplayed against top sides.

Also the point with Van Gaal was that heś just an a-hole, doesn't like some players, and plays others you could see that with dimarria, falcao, sweinsteiger etc.. Herrera-Carrick was a great midfield for few month when LG decided to drop Herrera for some reason and all went to shit... and judge matic in his career at United, I wonder how he would do in the shockingly slow possession based system under Van Gaal, I bet he would never even buy him...

Loublaze

ATLien

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers

The scoutnation videos are always good as attached.

I see him as a classic box to box player. He's very central and can play as AM, CM or DM. Good engine, technically solid and acts as the glue between defence and attack. He's a more forward thinking version of Fernandinho but in the bracket of Kante. He'll bustle about the pitch, win possession and get the ball forward quickly. Basically I see him really helping our slow build up play and transitions from attack to defence.
agree, he also seems like a skillfull version of Ramirez

TheReligion

Abusive
Out:
Fellaini - release
Darmian - 10m
Shaw - 20m
Blind - 10m
Mata - 15m
Total: 55m

In:
Savic -80m
Fred -50m
Sessonogne- 50m
Sandro - 50m
New left back: don't no many - 40m
Total: 270m

Net spend: 215m

Gk: de gea, Castro, romero ( why would you chnage that)
Fullbacks: tfm, sandro, young, Valencia (youth and reasonable back up)
Centre backs: smalling Jones tuanzabe Bailey lindeloff ( I think lindeloff will grow and Bailey should be fitter, tuanzabe one for future)
Cm: matic, pogba, savic, fred, Ander (solid back up, mix of styles)
Wingers and AM: martial, Sanchez, lingard, rashford, sess
Striker: lukaku ... the above can also play there.

Squad of 23 there ... happy to see more youth come in.i wouldn't revamp everything totally purely because chemistry takes a while to build and a radical crop and chnage could be a disaster. My first 11 would be:

De gea
Sandro Bailey lindeloff young
Savic pogba fred
Martial Sanchez rashford
Lukaku

Back up:

Romero
Tfm, Jones tuanzabe, new lb
Matic Ander
Lingard
Sess chong young
Rashford
So @MrBest isn't excited by this signing yet as above he's picked Fred in his ideal United squad for next season :houllier:

JK-27

So Fred is another defensive midfielder? So next season we'll probably be playing 4-3-3 with 2 defensive midfielders who can essentially make us a back 6 when necessary, and Pogba being allowed to stay forward?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
So Fred is another defensive midfielder? So next season we'll probably be playing 4-3-3 with 2 defensive midfielders who can essentially make us a back 6 when necessary, and Pogba being allowed to stay forward?
I'm fine with Pogba getting more time upfront (which is where he can have more impact) but think it'd rely on attacking FBs.... so hoping for new ones.

RepardReece

They play too deep I think. However I think with someone who can carry the ball from Way back to advanced positions would allow the forwards to play on the shoulder more often knowing what’s coming rather than having to come deep to get involved.
Hoping Fred coming in and making a midfield 3 will push Sanchez and Lingard further up

James Peril

These are the type of low key signings that will hopefully pay off. For some reason the flashy signings like Pogba, Sanchez, Falcao, Di Maria et al just didn’t work out.
Low-key? A Brazilian international player signed for over 50M, whom we have been linked to for the good part of two years, is low-key? How exactly so?

Status
Not open for further replies.