Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I watched both Shakhtar-City games and I thought he was great in both at the time. They're the only games I've seen of him. From my limited viewing, he reminded me so much of Pjanic in not only his general play, but demeanor on the ball.

AmanNits04

Jorginho is City bound. Having a replacement for Matic is critical, he is slow and too ponderous in midfield, not dynamic enough. I thought this would happen when we signed him. Due to Matic' age we already need to replace him. He did well early in the season but the toll of matches caught up with him.

Missing out on both Fabinho and Jorginho is a blow. Both are excellent deep lying midfielders. I don't think having Fred, Pogba and Matic will make a significant difference.

We need two full-backs, a centre-back, two midfielders (CM/DM) and a right-winger.
Wow, I can't believe you are berating Matic. He was our best midfielder and one of the best player in the team. He is good to go for another couple of years for sure and let's see how Jorginho and Fabinho do in the premier league before jumping to conclusions .

Womp

idiot
Jorginho is City bound. Having a replacement for Matic is critical, he is slow and too ponderous in midfield, not dynamic enough. I thought this would happen when we signed him. Due to Matic' age we already need to replace him. He did well early in the season but the toll of matches caught up with him.

Missing out on both Fabinho and Jorginho is a blow. Both are excellent deep lying midfielders. I don't think having Fred, Pogba and Matic will make a significant difference.

We need two full-backs, a centre-back, two midfielders (CM/DM) and a right-winger.
Fabinho is hardly a deep lying midfielder.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Let's offer Napoli Sanchez for Jorginho. That way we steal City's player by giving Napoli another player we stole. :D
Wouldn’t want to swap Sanchez for Jorginho no way. I saw someone slate Matic and say he’s too old and ponderous yet Jorginho is he any better than Matic? I’m not so sure and I guess we’ll find out next season. Grass is always greener.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Medical sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

By soon He means after the World Cup.

Bestietom

Matic is good for another few years but needs help, and Fred is the one that will give it. He is a good ball winner and covers lots of ground. He will be perfect for us.

Revaulx

I'd rather have Ward-Prowse or Ryan Gauld
Ward-Prowse looked really classy when he first hit the scene, and I was surprised he wasn’t snapped up by a big club like many of his more average looking Southampton colleagues. Yet another English midfield hope whose career has fizzled out.

The same seems to have happened to Gauld; wasn’t he supposed to be the Scottish Messi? I read an article raving about him when he was first playing in Portugal, but that was several years ago.

AKDevil

Ward-Prowse looked really classy when he first hit the scene, and I was surprised he wasn’t snapped up by a big club like many of his more average looking Southampton colleagues. Yet another English midfield hope whose career has fizzled out.

The same seems to have happened to Gauld; wasn’t he supposed to be the Scottish Messi? I read an article raving about him when he was first playing in Portugal, but that was several years ago.
Ward-Prowse offers very little other than set pieces. There’s a reason he hasn’t been snapped up by a bigger club and if he wasn’t at a club who try to back up this tradition about their academy he probably would have been sold to a Championship club. He’s really not that good.

OneReligion

If we sign this guy, does that mean we’ll end our interest/supposed pursuit of Milinkovic-Savic?

Can’t see JM bringing in 2 CM, but then again I’m not the gaffer!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If we sign this guy, does that mean we’ll end our interest/supposed pursuit of Milinkovic-Savic?

Think we will bring in another to replace Fellaini.

Infra-red

At 50 million quid, Fred will obviously be our main midfield addition this summer. If we sign another central midfielder, it will reportedly be someone younger (Lorenzo Pellegrini has been linked).

el3mel

He's in Liverpool at the moment and will play at Anfield vs Croatia tomorrow - it would make sense to do the medical while he's in the North West.
Can see him doing the medical after finishing this match, before leaving England.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
How does a midfielder from the Ukrainian league cost 50m? It seems these days you get a huge transfer-fee slapped on you and that's it, you are a highly rated footballer. I don't think i've heard of him last summer even, certainly not 2 years ago and now he goes for 50m? Things change thats for sure, transfers like these used to be risky punts hopefully turned gems. but lets hope this is a good signing. He looks good in youtube videos

Sigma

How does a midfielder from the Ukrainian league cost 50m? It seems these days you get a huge transfer-fee slapped on you and that's it, you are a highly rated footballer. I don't think i've heard of him last summer even, certainly not 2 years ago and now he goes for 50m? Things change thats for sure, transfers like these used to be risky punts hopefully turned gems. but lets hope this is a good signing. He looks good in youtube videos
Willian and Fernandinho both cost around 30 million 5 years ago. Douglas Costa too 3 years ago. So with the inflated market, 40-50 million for him seems fair if he is as good as the other three.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Willian and Fernandinho both cost around 30 million 5 years ago.
Which seems cheap in this marked too. Lets hope it pays off in the same way it did for Chelsea and City

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's in Liverpool at the moment? wow I can't believe how incompetent We are. Sack Jose, sell Rashford, send Ed Woodward to retirement home.

bored

ivaldo

There's more wealth in the game, so naturally players cost more, it's as simple as that. He isn't a nobody, he played for the Brazil first team back in 2015.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
There's more wealth in the game, so naturally players cost more, it's as simple as that. He isn't a nobody, he played for the Brazil first team back in 2015.
Really? I didn't know that. Was he playing in the Brazilian league back then? It is certainly a good sign at least

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
You seriously think we are gonna replace Matic?
We should be getting someone who can play instead of Matic at least in some games. He's not exactly a great playmaker. Not a great DM either, judging by the huge number of attempts on goal we conceded this season. And he tires halfway through the season. If I were the manager I wouldn't want to be relying on playing him in nearly all our games.

ivaldo

Really? I didn't know that. Was he playing in the Brazilian league back then? It is certainly a good sign at least
He's been at Shaktar for 5 years. So must've been 22/23 when he got called up.

Janson

We should be getting someone who can play instead of Matic at least in some games. He's not exactly a great playmaker. Not a great DM either, judging by the huge number of attempts on goal we conceded this season. And he tires halfway through the season. If I were the manager I wouldn't want to be relying on playing him in nearly all our games.
Anybody would tire with the kind of minutes he's playing. He just needs to be relieved at least in some lesser games. He is not a great DM or playmaker but he's good allround. People seem to judge him sometimes, because he isn't running around a lot and harrasing players like Kante or Herrera. He is good positionally though, which is the most important thing for a DM. This often gets overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.