Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean the Lidl in my neighbourhood will have a particular brand of bread or yoghurt available for a few weeks or months and then won’t be seen again for months then randomly show up on the shelf again when you least expect it. That inconsistency is very annoying. I mostly drive past them to shop in Tesco who are a bit more reliable for my standard weekly shopping.
I see. I don't have that around here. They are pretty consistent.

LordSpud

Normally when a Glazer gets namedropped in the tweet the transfer ends up happening. I mean, if they stump up the 17m tomorrow? Everyone thinks theyve done a great thing and changed their minds.

More confident than ever of this now to be honest.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So Chelsea have gone from being willing to match the fee and paying the deffered wages to low balling Barcelona on the fee?

Seems legit.
Which kinda tells me that they're not majorly interested, or they're trying to knock a few quid off knowing their spending is getting a bit overboard.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
So Chelsea have gone from being willing to match the fee and paying the deffered wages to low balling Barcelona on the fee?

Seems legit.
I’m not saying this is the case, but if FDJ has said that he will only leave to play at Chelsea, then that gives Chelsea negotiating power.

It doesn’t matter if we offer £200million if he refuses to sign for us. It gives Chelsea leverage and pushes Barcelona into accepting a lower fee, but doesn’t get over the fact they owe FDJ a lot of money and he is refusing to leave without it.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Normally when a Glazer gets namedropped in the tweet the transfer ends up happening. I mean, if they stump up the 17m tomorrow? Everyone thinks theyve done a great thing and changed their minds.

More confident than ever of this now to be honest.
That's a good point. Wasn't it the same with Sancho and it being reported that Joel Glazer had personally authorised/sealed the deal?

JPRouve

Scout
Over €17m? Yes we would. That'd take the transfer to €100m which would be nuts.

it's also probably illegal, and total bullshit.
I can see Chelsea or United being reluctant from a moral standpoint. But when all is said and done, only a fool would durably refuse to pay 17 extra millions for an asset that they highly value. For all intent and purposes that only increases the cost of De Jong by around 3.5 per year over the projected length of his contract, that's below 0.5% of our annual revenues for arguably our best asset.

Yes, you should say no at first but in the end you pay it if you truly believe in the player.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I can see Chelsea or United being reluctant from moral standpoint. But when all is said and done, only a fool would durably refuse to pay 17m extra millions for an asset that they highly value. For all intent and purposes that only increases the cost of De Jong by around 3.5 per year over the projected length of his contract, that's below 0.5% of our annual revenues for arguably our best asset.

Yes, you should say no at first but in the end you pay it if you truly believe in the player.
My guess is the only way it could feasibly be done is as part of some signing on fee and bonus package. i.e. if you sign this x year contract it'll work out as you gaining that €17m anyway by the time it's finished. €17m directly to the player up front however that's owed by another club would surely break all sorts of rules.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I can see Chelsea or United being reluctant from moral standpoint. But when all is said and done, only a fool would durably refuse to pay 17m extra millions for an asset that they highly value. For all intent and purposes that only increases the cost of De Jong by around 3.5 per year over the projected length of his contract, that's below 0.5% of our annual revenues for arguably our best asset.

Problem is 99% of the players we sign lose a lot of value over the years.

DickDastardly

Fully agree.

I don't even know that someone would have any moral issues with it.
What's so immoral about that?

Legal is a different standpoint. If they manage to get the legal stuff out of the way, i expect it to happen precisely like that.

House Mkhitaryan

If ETH truly believes that he needs a player like FDJ in his system (and there seem to be no other available players with this specific skill set), the club need to just do whatever it takes to secure his transfer. Pay Frenkie, pay Barca and cover whatever costs necessary. but just get it done.

Litch

interesting and It kinds of represents a moment……if chelsea wins this, it’s more than just football

Chief123

Now, let's play a little game.

How do you see this ending a who's gonna call it first?

"Here we go" to United by Romano?
"FDJ caves in to Barca demands" by some spanish cnut?
"Flying to London tomorrow" by Jacobs?
"Something....." by Ducker?
Right now Murtough is flying to Turin apparently to sort out personal terms with Rabiot. Apparently there’s a big difference in negotiations. We can’t even sign an alternative!

JPRouve

Scout
Problem is 99% of the players we sign lose a lot of value over the years.
Which is irrelevant. You don't sign an expensive player with the primary mindset that it's going to fail. If you do you may as well not sign the player and never sign anyone.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Chelsea fans are probably in stitches reading through this thread. 1506 pages.

Club have properly embarrassed us here. Glad I don't personally know any Chelsea fans.

Skills

Snitch
Over €17m? Yes we would. That'd take the transfer to €100m which would be nuts.

it's also probably illegal, and total bullshit.
I don't quite buy the 17m number as well. We know wages in Spain are reported after tax, yet this whole wage deferred issue seems to be talked about as gross figures? It seems a bit contradictory.

JPRouve

Scout
Fully agree.

I don't even know that someone would have any moral issues with it.
What's so immoral about that?

Legal is a different standpoint. If they manage to get the legal stuff out of the way, i expect it to happen precisely like that.
It's the Barcelona side of thing that is wrong, they owe a player money and are trying to use everything to force other clubs to pay or for the player to forfeit is money. Many people will object to it and strongly believe that they shouldn't help Barcelona act like cnuts.

Red Royal

My guess is the only way it could feasibly be done is as part of some signing on fee and bonus package. i.e. if you sign this x year contract it'll work out as you gaining that €17m anyway by the time it's finished. €17m directly to the player up front however that's owed by another club would surely break all sorts of rules.
Plus it would be stupid and keep us in this mess where every transfer has a United Tax applied. In hindsight we should have given Barca an earlier real deadline and moved on to others now. Whilst FdJ would be great there are lesser talented midfielders out there that would still greatly improve us. Just time is running out and points already dropped.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's the Barcelona side of thing that is wrong, they owe a player money and are trying to use everything to force other clubs to pay or for the player to forfeit is money. Many people will object to it and strongly believe that they shouldn't help Barcelona act like cnuts.
Barca really don't care it seems. They want him out and will do whatever it takes to get him out. Seems like Frenkie is holding strong though, but there's surely only so much he can take

Theo88

do you think we are going to win this one? I see no sign of us being any closer than we were weeks ago
I think De Jong will be transferred out. I also think Chelsea wont land him there's too much noise around Fofana for this to make sense.

I'd suspect someone else makes a surprise bid (i'm surprised Paris hasnt). I think (i hope) E10H has the intelligence to assess when to pursue a player.

So i'd argue, he knows there's willingness from the player to join us. Everything else i think is clickbait crap.

MF1138

I’m not saying this is the case, but if FDJ has said that he will only leave to play at Chelsea, then that gives Chelsea negotiating power.

It doesn’t matter if we offer £200million if he refuses to sign for us. It gives Chelsea leverage and pushes Barcelona into accepting a lower fee, but doesn’t get over the fact they owe FDJ a lot of money and he is refusing to leave without it.
Would signal a massive change in his stance and negotiation position with Barcelona.

Also I'm sure it would please him no end that having had to deal with this dragging on because of Barcelona pissing about that Chelsea are gonna drag it out too... Leave a club with too many midfielders that don't value you to join a team with too many midfielders that don't value you:D

Honestly I think 99% of the stories coming out are complete guesswork.

JPRouve

Scout
Barca really don't care it seems. They want him out and will do whatever it takes to get him out. Seems like Frenkie is holding strong though, but there's surely only so much he can take
Outside of paying him, so far from everything.

Counterfactual

I don't quite buy the 17m number as well. We know wages in Spain are reported after tax, yet this whole wage deferred issue seems to be talked about as gross figures? It seems a bit contradictory.
Didn't they offer him... 3m? 7m? Either way, we wouldn't be on the hook for the entire amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.