Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

It was plain stupid considering that has been his stance from the beginning and people at the club should've realized so early.

It was amateur hour from both Arnold and Murtough.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Nowhere near a priority whilst Eriksen is playing. I'd say zero chance we sign him this summer.

redNATION

He loves Barca so much he’d play for free. Even Messi, who owes his career to the club, bailed as soon as the sh*t hit the fan and gave a fake tearful farewell in the process.

Only clowns that run us could spend a whole summer chasing him.

acid_fuji

It was plain stupid considering that has been his stance from the beginning and people at the club should've realized so early.

I’m pretty sure it’s mostly Barcelona’s fault because they had issues and they wanted to offload him whereas obviously he did not want that.

To start a conversation both sides has to agree on wanting that. Don’t really think we were forcing Barcelona to talk .

Of course he will say Barca is great and United was speaking to Barca even though he wanted to stay. Why would he complain on his current employee publicly.

I hope we moved on and media will stop this stupid links to him.

Pronewbie

Peep
No thanks, we need to prioritise a Striker and GK this summer. Especially since he'd want insane money to join us. Hopefully we have other viable options that can play Ten Hag ball and want to actually play for us..

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Lets not totally mask over the fact that Ten Hag was heavily involved too.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It seems you haven't exactly moved on yourself.

Try not to be traumatised by transfer rumours. Like the bogeyman, most of them aren't real.
I'm completely in the dark as to why quite a few people (I suppose some also pretend because that's the meme now) seem to deeply dislike De Jong because of what happened last summer. As far as I know, he always said he wanted to stay at Barcelona and never gave any indication of being interested in joining United. I get if people are pissed off with various people at United and Barcelona (whoever were responsible for dragging this on forever), but De Jong was really clear all along - right?

(And he's been vindicated, too: he's won the Spanish title and has regained his place as one of Barcelona's most important players.)

ShinjiNinja26

It seems you haven't exactly moved on yourself.

Try not to be traumatised by transfer rumours. Like the bogeyman, most of them aren't real.
I moved on long ago, I just hope the club have also. We spent the whole of the last summer window chasing this fella who clearly didn’t want to budge. We’ve got bigger priorities to address.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I'm completely in the dark as to why quite a few people (I suppose some also pretend because that's the meme now) seem to deeply dislike De Jong because of what happened last summer. As far as I know, he always said he wanted to stay at Barcelona and never gave any indication of being interested in joining United. I get if people are pissed off with various people at United and Barcelona (whoever were responsible for dragging this on forever), but De Jong was really clear all along - right?

(And he's been vindicated, too: he's won the Spanish title and has regained his place as one of Barcelona's most important players.)
People like drama and panto villains.

It's the reason the Sun and the Daily Mail sell.

Borninthe80ts

I must admit the hate in the thread was the first thing that jumped out at me too and likewise it’s confusing. It’s almost like the player has no choice in the matter and all fans expectations need to be met.

I do hope that we go back for him if he is available as he can help us in our goal of reaching the next level. Ten mentioned that some players have become more convinced about a transfer here an maybe his on the list.

I will say though I hope we can complete at least the main transfer business as early as possible leaving room to make improvements else where in the team. This however is dependent on other outside factors yet to be determined.

Licha M

Mikky is in big trouble if she ever decides to give Frenkie the elbow. The sort of guy who sticks around like a bad smell, even when you've made it clear "it's not me, it's you".

Show some dignity ffs

Jam

For anyone planning to spend their entire summer online in this thread, and Twitter and the broader internet... please for your own sake don't.

You have family, friends (maybe?), you body needs vitamin D, serotonin, endorphins.

It's. Not. Healthy.

FDJ would be fantastic in this team under ETH. But he doesn't want to come. That's it, full stop. Even if Barcelona "had" to sell, we'd still end up with a player basically forced to come here and who doesn't want to be here.

Big_Bro

I think we should just let the guy go. I love the fellow, too bad he's gone on to win the league this season, there's no way we're getting him. We should rather turn our attention to more attainable players.

I'm sure Eth must have had a plan B and C if he doesn't get Fdj. I know he also wanted to get Ryan Gravenberch before his Bayern move. I believe he's more attainable or just get someone else.

One thing I admire about Pep is that I never see him mulling over one player. If it doesn't work out getting a player, he just moves on to another.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
For anyone planning to spend their entire summer online in this thread, and Twitter and the broader internet... please for your own sake don't.

You have family, friends (maybe?), you body needs vitamin D, serotonin, endorphins.

It's. Not. Healthy.

FDJ would be fantastic in this team under ETH. But he doesn't want to come. That's it, full stop. Even if Barcelona "had" to sell, we'd still end up with a player basically forced to come here and who doesn't want to be here.
feck that.

de Jong thread. ASSEMBLE !!!

Andersons Dietician

I’m quite surprised how little noise there has been on another attempt for him in the media. Maybe they’ve heard there is nothing in it and honestly with them winning the league him if I’m not mistaken now being a main stay I don’t see why they would sell now?

Surely they have other ways now to fund getting Messi back and paying back whatever they have to to stay afloat. I just think this is a non starter.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I think we should just let the guy go. I love the fellow, too bad he's gone on to win the league this season, there's no way we're getting him. We should rather turn our attention to more attainable players.

I'm sure Eth must have had a plan B and C if he doesn't get Fdj. I know he also wanted to get Ryan Gravenberch before his Bayern move. I believe he's more attainable or just get someone else.

One thing I admire about Pep is that I never see him mulling over one player. If it doesn't work out getting a player, he just moves on to another.
Is Guardiola involved at all in transfer shenenigans? I thought he was (happily) more hands-off because of City's structure - which should also be Ten Hag's level of involvement at United.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Why be angry at De Jong all summer, when there are so many other footballers we can be angry at for no reason?

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Of course a player of his style and ability is a priority
We have more priority positions to fill before we look at FDJ. There is zero chance he tops our list and there is zero chance he leaves Barca this summer anyway.

The big money will go on a striker and goalkeeper, and likely cb cover. With the takeover not completing we will be lucky with that, never mind another 100m for FDJ.

Casemiro was a far more important signing last summer, we've missed a quality dm for a long time.

Big_Bro

Is Guardiola involved at all in transfer shenenigans? I thought he was (happily) more hands-off because of City's structure - which should also be Ten Hag's level of involvement at United.
Well, don't know how much or if he's involved in transfer business but whoever does their transfer business, has been doing a fine job. They don't spend the whole transfer window negotiating for one player. Makes me a bit jealous, maybe not just a bit :nervous:.

Brophs

The One and Only
Why be angry at De Jong all summer, when there are so many other footballers we can be angry at for no reason?
Nonsense. Frenkie’s a ****. And the only way for him to avoid being a **** is to leave a club and city he loves for a club and city he doesn’t want to play for or live in. Those are the rules of #cucklife.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

The two of them should've been fired on the spot for that

Status
Not open for further replies.