Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Apparently they all died in the initial crash and were stuck in some kind of purgatory until they faced their demons and moved on. Or something like that.
I remember calling that about three episodes in and my obssesed mates said it can't be.

Asked them after several years how it ended and they were so disappointed

Laurencio

I don't believe the Chelsea interest is real though, it seems total Barca side created fiction. I doubt we'll fall for it, but if it gets the signing done sooner, oh well if we do.
The thing is all reports indicate negotiations are finished. We've agreed a deal and are awaiting final details with de Jong. Even if Chelsea was interested and offered two players in addition to money- how does that help a cash strapped Barcelona? They aren't getting more out of us - the deal is done. It reeks of Chelsea's owners pretending to show ambition in the transfer market to appease fans after the change of ownership.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Well no shit, they've dragged his name through the mud.
Well he also could just come out and say "I'm definetly staying another season here" and then all speculations, rumours and interviews would end. Not one fan would think bad of him, Xavi would still count on him. Why doesn't he do that? Laporta can't force him out. So it's also a part of his own doing.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Well he also could just come out and say "I'm definetly staying another season here" and then all speculations, rumours and interviews would end. Not one fan would think bad of him, Xavi would still count on him. Why doesn't he do that? Laporta can't force him out. So it's also a part of his own doing.
Yeah no

Mercurial

Maybe him and his missus have a little nice tapas place they are torn over leaving.

big rons sovereign

I remember calling that about three episodes in and my obssesed mates said it can't be.

Asked them after several years how it ended and they were so disappointed
I remember calling it shit after the first episode and never watching it again. :lol:
There was a few shows around that time that people were wanking over, but they were just utter crap.
Heroes was another.

TheReligion

Abusive
He’s joining United so won’t say that

Craig Ward

A really tedious saga now.

I think Ten Hag has a vision and he knows what he wants, but i've little faith in this deal. Barca dont want to sell, the player doesnt seem overly keen and the price is mental.

Plus De Jong needs time and space to operate, something the premier league doesnt really give you.

While we dither on this deal, there is risk of missing out on other signings.

Bissouma has already gone to Spurs for a modest fee, talk to Tielemans to Arsenal for 30mil.

We cannot compete with Fred and McTominey in midfield - end of.

Judas

Open to offers
You can see the British media are struggling with this one. There's nothing to write about, its just a waiting game for De Jong and Barca to sort out the mess on their end.

Posh Red

I think Ten Hag has a vision and he knows what he wants, but i've little faith in this deal. Barca dont want to sell, the player doesnt seem overly keen and the price is mental.

Plus De Jong needs time and space to operate, something the premier league doesnt really give you.

Bissouma has already gone to Spurs for a modest fee, talk to Tielemans to Arsenal for 30mil.

I don’t think that’s really true at all. It describes our current midfielders quite well though.

AdNani

Bissouma and Tielemans are nowhere near the level of De Jong. No point in signing players who 'are better than what we have' when we have pretty much have an agreement for someone who's better than what everyone else has.

Also De Jong is one player i dont think needs time and space to operate, he's one of the most press resistant players in football

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Chelsea's interest seems like good news for those wanting it resolved ASAP one way or another

Often when another club enters a saga it forces one of them to pay up and it goes quicker out of necessity
Not a case of somebody not paying up though is it? We have agreed a price - it’s FdJ’s differed wages and Barcas shadiness holding up the deal. I don’t think Chelsea will offer a solution to that problem either - it’s between the player and Barca.

Please stop peddling these myths. Barca are desperate to sell to fund new signings (and be able to register them) and De Jong has stated he is happy to join United and ten Hag. This will happen, it’s just there are some considerable Is to dot and ts to cross.

Time and space? fecking hell you’ve never seen him play.
He’s as fecking press resistant as they come, and therefore creates his own space and time.

And no-one at United is dithering, whatever you think about the deal, reports in Spain and England agree that United have long since agreed a deal. The problem is Barça can’t get their fecking house in order with regards to the shitloads of wages they owe multiple players.

DevilRed

Stop worrying you guys.

This one is done.

Put your muppet energy into the Martinez one. Because its yet another potential chance to laugh at arsenal ;)

Redcy

Maybe we should give up on this deal and go for Ruben Neves.

Tielemans and one of mcFred in midfield would be an absolute disaster, and we would get walked over regularly in there. Tielemans is more like a Fred who can pass. If you are buying Tielemans you will need a defensive player.

Ruben Neves will cost around the same as de Jong, and I doubt that deal will happen quickly either. Also a midfield of Neves and Fred would just get walked past, Neves is virtually immobile by comparison and would need a pressing resistant player in there. Neves would need an actual defensive style CM or DM to make that work.

Redcy

Time and space? fecking hell you’ve never seen him play.
He’s as fecking press resistant as they come, and therefore creates his own space and time.

And no-one at United is dithering, whatever you think about the deal, reports in Spain and England agree that United have long since agreed a deal. The problem is Barça can’t get their fecking house in order with regards to the shitloads of wages they owe multiple players.
The whole reason to go for FdJ is his press resistance.....

Glorio

Barcelona's game here is pretty evident. They realise they messed up by giving FdJ the contract they did to sign him to beat off the competition from PSG and are trying to force him to accept a pay cut, and are using us as a pawn to do that. They won't mind keeping him on reduced wages, but won't mind selling him either if he refuses to take a paycut. I would normally have wanted us to walk away from this but this guy is what our manager has earmarked as essential to his plans so we need to at least give it a good shot. In any case, this whole thing stopped being interesting about 2-3 weeks ago, and I wish this would just end one way or the other soon.
I don't know much about the ins and outs of this transfer, but I've not heard yet that he's taking a pay cut in coming to us, so wouldn't we in essence be repeating the same mistake regarding astronomical wages?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I don't know much about the ins and outs of this transfer, but I've not heard yet that he's taking a pay cut in coming to us, so wouldn't we in essence be repeating the same mistake regarding astronomical wages?
Possibly, but we can afford it. Maybe a mistake, but not one that will ruin us

Suv666

I would be incredibly disappointed if he's not with us for pre season.
Just Malacia and Martinez isn't enough. Doubtful we'll be able to get anymore over the line then the two. A CF, a RW and De Jong should also be on the flight

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I would be incredibly disappointed if he's not with us for pre season.
Just Malacia and Martinez isn't enough. Doubtful we'll be able to get anymore over the line then the two. A CF, a RW and De Jong should also be on the flight
You know the window doesn’t close tonight? We have time. Ten Hag will get what he wants.

DevilRed

There’s no worry bro, but Martinez is more done than this one.
We never miss an opportunity to laugh at Arsenal.
Not sure about that.

ajax seem to be playing hard ball on the fee though.

Then of course apparently we're also in for Brobbey

We really are taking the entire ajax team to the prem :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.