Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Something
I'm 100% convinced that Barca want him gone and expect the pressure to start mounting on him soon through their media. It's basically about who blinks first. If I were him I'd never give up the money owed to me. He really doesn't need to push for a move here.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I'm 100% convinced that Barca want him gone and expect the pressure to start mounting on him soon through their media. It's basically about who blinks first. If I were him I'd never give up the money owed to me. He really doesn't need to push for a move here.
FDJ hold all the cards, just like Bale in Real Madrid back then..

DeGea’sFeet

I understand his issues with Barca regarding money owed & Barca trying to get rid of him so they don’t have to pay him. Although I don’t know how that would work, I assume money owed is money owed regardless of where he is and for Barca and himself a transfer fee offers the best way to pay him.

But from a United perspective, regardless of how good he is, we are once again putting the player above the club. For a transfer that drags on this long Id expect it to be for a player who desperately wants to join and is at a club who is desperately trying to keep him. But with de Jong it seems to be the opposite Barca might be ones that want him out, he doesn’t want to leave and if he does there’s no certainty that we’re even his priority.

I can see him going to a different club at the last minute and United end up looking a bit daft.

GloryHunter07

Barca are never going to get players to take a wage deferral again, given the way they are treating DeJong.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
How is it that Managing Barça put Diario Gol of all outlets in Tier 2? Pretty much no one takes them seriously. :lol:

The more I see this Managing Barça aggregator, the more I feel like they're just there to troll everyone.
Spanish journalist tier system is fecked up, they will put Miguel Delaney as tier 1/2 for sure.

ForeverRed1

Remember they also want Lewa, Silva, Azp etc. They don't want to pay him what he is owed. Thats the issue.
then he stays and they are stuck with a luxury player that they don’t really need and huge wages, all while still owing him millions.

surely it’s better to get 70mil for him, give him his 17mil and have some money left over from that. They don’t actually need him with the players they have. Ergh hate dealing with them.

AndySmith1990

then he stays and they are stuck with a luxury player that they don’t really need and huge wages, all while still owing him millions.

surely it’s better to get 70mil for him, give him his 17mil and have some money left over from that. They don’t actually need him with the players they have. Ergh hate dealing with them.
Barcelona appear to want to have their cake and eat it. They want everyone to take a wage cut, defer wages, not have to pay what they owe, and still sign wotld class players on top of it. fecking ridiculous club really. What sane business operates in such a manner

DickDastardly

FDJ hold all the cards, just like Bale in Real Madrid back then..
That didn't quite go as planned for Bale.

Yeah, sure, you stick it to them with the wages, but you end up wasting your best years rotting on the bench.

I'd rather Barca and Frenkie meet half way and he ends up playing football and winning trophies with us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Barcelona appear to want to have their cake and eat it. They want everyone to take a wage cut, defer wages, not have to pay what they owe, and still sign wotld class players on top of it. fecking ridiculous club really. What sane business operates in such a manner
An utterly desperate one. I'd imagine any football club in Barca's position would act in a similar fashion.

RopersReturn

It’s actually outrageous how Barca have behaved lately. I can’t believe how they can get away withholding payments for players salaries, and yet still dip into the transfer market?!
They’d be hit with transfer embargo by now if they were an English club.

Let’s not also forget, they and Real Madrid were the two main protagonists behind the ill conceived Super League a couple of years ago too. Absolute b@sta!ds

RopersReturn

Just sell him to us and pay him what you owe him with some of the transfer fees!
Exactly, well said.
But they’re seemingly in denial with regards to the precarious state of their current financial situation, they still think they can chase Lewindowski for €70m, whilst withholding players salaries at the same time?!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm sure a random Spanish Paper and journalist would know what ETH is thinking or what United are doing. The article doesn't even quote a source.
Im sure the manager is estatic hes about to play his first pre season game and has 1 signing in, after the squad has lost 6 players since last season.
Especially after wanting signings in before pre season even started

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
That didn't quite go as planned for Bale.

Yeah, sure, you stick it to them with the wages, but you end up wasting your best years rotting on the bench.

I'd rather Barca and Frenkie meet half way and he ends up playing football and winning trophies with us.
Ironically Bale ended up winning 5 UCL winners medal, if you ask me I think it ended up well.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It’s actually outrageous how Barca have behaved lately. I can’t believe how they can get away withholding payments for players salaries, and yet still dip into the transfer market?!
They’d be hit with transfer embargo by now if they were an English club.

Let’s not also forget, they and Real Madrid were the two main protagonists behind the ill conceived Super League a couple of years ago too. Absolute b@sta!ds
Yup that was all for money too because they refuse to live within their means. They thought it was an easy out. Ridiculous club.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Good man

Does he know how much time it takes to prepare a bid? It is at least two weeks. Our bids are the best as they are all handwritten and very well prepared. We don’t make half arsed bids, it is not the United way.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I rarely comment in here , I just skim through to get to the tweets, but this is comfortably, comfortably ! the most boring transfer saga United have been involved in.

Chairman Steve

From everything I’ve read so far, I feel like a deal to buy FDJ is agreed…

BUT we have agreed to play along with the publicly performed pantomime of Barcanomics until they get what they want.

Because it feels like the recent United focus has been on getting Martinez from Ajax, and I think the reason that’s dragging out is because we’re actually trying to do a deal for Martinez AND Antony.

worldinmotion66

I'd imagine barca probably just want more of the de Jong fee from us up front, so that they can pay him and make bids for all the players they're after. They're probably trying to negotiate a lower payment with de Jong too. I'm sure there is a deadline in place and we'll walk away if it comes to it. It's easy to get impatient but he'd be a huge coup for us given that we're in the Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.