Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
So? What does that have to do with Erik ten Hag getting on with the task at hand and making sure he gets the best out of the players at his disposal.
The same as your original point, "missing out on Bergwijn and Sulemana". Nothing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The same as your original point, "missing out on Bergwijn and Sulemana". Nothing.
My point was simple, and that is, ten Hag will get on with his work and won't spit his dummy out if he doesn't get his primary target(s). I think we'll get de Jong, but if we don't, then I'm sure alternatives will be brought in.

In the past we missed out on many players and had to settle for second best and the second best went on to be legends at the club.

Wilt

BREAKING:
De Jong's transfer to Man Utd could happen within the next 7 days. But it could also not happen. Everything depends on the circumstances.
Thank god for that …I was getting worried nobody knew what was happening

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I don't quite follow the news, but FDJ has to find a solution for the money that Barca owe him for deferral payment, and also the difference in wages for his new Man Utd contract, on top of two clubs need to agree a transfer fee, right? oh man, it is a very complicated transfer deal. FDJ is within his own right to stick to his contract and stay if Barca is unwilling to compensate him.

ReallyUSA

Erm the plot thickens FDJ is trying to change agents and the agents relationship with Barca is broken.

If I had to guess this whole mess has been engineered by the agent to try and get his bonus payments out of Barca.

This ends with him getting a new agent and staying at Barca.
I too have went through newbie purgatory. Posts like this made me stay there.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just finished work... any news? Where we at now?
De Jong wants to go to Chelsea
Chelsea want him but only want to offer £15.99 plus 2 old defenders
De Jong actually prefers united to chelsea
But he wants to stay at Barca more than moving to either
De Jong and his agent actually hate Barca now.

I think that’s everything for today

Sounds about right. :lol:

I would add “relationship broken”.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m off to London tomorrow to start 7 shows following Pearl Jam for the next 3 weeks in Europe and I’ll be amazed if this is concluded by then..would be nice after the comedown of a tour finishing to hear we’ve actually signed him as I seriously cannot comprehend another season of McFred, but I’m not holding out any hope.
The most worrying thing is not his signing as such, but what ETH will make of it if it doesn’t come off.. really excited about what the new boss will bring and believe he’s the manager we need to reset the club….but.. just pray he gets what he asked for
Weirdest flex but okay
I'm so into Pearl Jam that I registered on a football forum to both call myself and talk about Pearl Jam in a conversation about Frenkie de Jong.
:lol:

Mmm-Qatarian

This reinforces my view that basically nobody, aside from those actually involved, has knowledge of exactly where this deal is at right now. There are certainly some things I feel confident about (United obviously very interested and Laporta is obviously more willing to sell than he lets on) but beyond that I think it's best to wait until the reliable journalists' reports start corroborating before swaying too far one way or the other on this one. At the moment there's so many contradictory reports being put out on an almost daily basis that not all of it could possibly be completely accurate.

NZT-One

If you are bringing in shit players why bother spending the money, we already have those in mcFred.

Hardly any of those players on the list are A list, most of them are B list at best, the next level down is mcFred level.
Who talked about bringing in shit players?! We were talking about a Plan B. And I don't know if you realized, that the midfield situation is even more dire than last season because we lost a few players there. Which brings us into cosy comfort of lacking in quality AND in quantity.

I think, this sort of thinking has the potential to be our downfall - "only this and that player can improve us, we have to stick to our targets". Bayern, Liverpool and City stepped away form being name-focussed, they switched to defining roles within their setup and selecting players with the right skill set. If a player like FDJ is as essential for ETHs plan for us then there is nothing as important as making contact with alternatives right now. We're simply not allowed to be smug and turn away from players we feel are below our level - our level is dire, we aren't good at defending, we aren't good at creating chances, we weren't even particularly good in converting them.

If this transfer is complicated, make it easy: tell Barca we have to start season preparations because the league is going to start in 3 weeks. We can't just wait with implementing a certain system as long as the instruments aren't there. Who are we expecting to play FDJs role in the training games? McTominay?? Just go set a deadline and go for alternatives, Barca needs our money probably more than we need this player. FFS it is three weeks, the season start isn't as easy as last year where the first few weeks made it possible to implement new ideas on the training field. Liverpool is on the third day I think, most of the clubs I consider our actual competitor shortly after. Our players have to work TOGETHER as soon as possible, we can't just wait until the end of the window just for some fecking coincidence to render all our planning as useless as we won't get our player. (and that doesn't even incorporate the thoughts if a system with FDJ as only 6 is theoretically or practically possible which might require even more recruiting business).

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Basically, De Jong's likes:

Money > Barca > Ten Hag > Chelsea > Manchester United

Tier 1 for Barca
I mean, he helped the club in their hour of need by accepting a wage deferral so that he earned just 57 odd grand a week in 2020-21 and 114 grand for 2021-22.
The cheeky horrible feckers now have no intention of going through with their side of the bargain.
No shit the relationship is broken, Barça are trying to absolutely shaft the bloke.

WPMUFC

20 pages of absolute white noise for my train trip into work. :lol: The best summary of those 20 pages is that this entire saga has been held up because barca are refusing to pay him and are either trying to structure addons as a payment or upfront telling MUFC/frenkie to discuss a pay out for what is owed.

This entire saga is barca's fault and folks on here would rather panic about chelsea or blame Murtough for "not moving on" when this guy is ETH's entire window.

WPMUFC

ETH wants him, if Frenkie leaves he'd rather work with ETH again, Barca are suggesting WE pay Frenkie what barca owe him and somehow people on here want to just push the narrative that we are somehow the mugs in this deal. :confused:

All we've done is agree a deal for our new managers "must have above all else" target. Everything else is games and tedium forced on us by Barca.

Mmm-Qatarian

@mazhar13 apologies to tag you with these questions which I'm sure you receive irritatingly frequently but do you have a good idea of how reliable this dude is?

I know that, in spite of being an absolute rag, the Mail have some quite reliable journalists reporting for them (e.g. Sami Mokbel, Adrian Kajumba, Mike Keegan and Chris Wheeler) but I've not yet been able to get a grasp of how trustworthy Simon Jones may or may not be.

Redcy

Frenkie isn’t coming. Not going to happen fellas. He wants CL football and he wants to get paid. He achieves that by staying at Barca.

‘What we should do:
- Tell Barca we’ve made our offer, it won’t change. If they want to drown in their own financial quagmire, that’s on them.
- complete the deal for Martinez
- Inquire on Tielemans. If he’s available for 40m, he’s a decent stopgap.
- If ETH doesn’t fancy any other players in FDJ’s place, save our money.
- Look to January window, or, better yet, wait and come in for a huge deal for Bellingham in summer of 2023.

Hopefully ETH can patch something together in The midfield with the combination of McFred, DVB, Garner and Mejbri and we can pip top 4, putting us back in the game.
We won't get bellingham that would rely on us being a better team, which with mcfred as our midfield we aren't.

Tielemans and anyone from mcFred is just as bad as mcFred, will get mullered in midfield by any team above 9th

If we save our money then fans cannot expect him to get above 10th, with a decimated squad, and no striker, then you would have to reduce your expectations to a midtable side.

Chief123

I’m off to London tomorrow to start 7 shows following Pearl Jam for the next 3 weeks in Europe and I’ll be amazed if this is concluded by then..would be nice after the comedown of a tour finishing to hear we’ve actually signed him as I seriously cannot comprehend another season of McFred, but I’m not holding out any hope.
The most worrying thing is not his signing as such, but what ETH will make of it if it doesn’t come off.. really excited about what the new boss will bring and believe he’s the manager we need to reset the club….but.. just pray he gets what he asked for
Absolutely no one:

Pearl Jam: I’m off to London to do 7 shows following Pearl Jam.

Absolutely no one:

Status
Not open for further replies.