Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're losing muppets at a daily rate here, things are starting to get a bit nasty.

For all those in the need, call 116 123. I hope young Pretzel gets the help he needs.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I've given up reading that club

They seem to need him gone, yet took the bastard on tour.

Most bizarre aspect of all of this for me is why so many players who could be playing for any other top club are so unbelievably desperate to be a Barcelona player even if they wont get registered, paid or play. Does everyone who is there on September 1st get to bed Shakira or something?
Yeah, that bit is still baffling. I can only assume it's to play him at centre back.. which is weird.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I'm fairly sure that the problem Barca have is that they cannot afford to pay off De Jong's €17m deferred wages, but they also cannot afford to pay his full salary for the next season. The only two options that are financially possible for Barca are therefore:

1. De Jong transfers to an interested club (United) but gives up a large portion of his €17m deferred salary

2. De Jong stays at Barca but takes a massive 50% pay cut.

The player is (understandably) balking at both of those options, hence the stand off.
They can absolutely afford to pay him, the choose to blow it on Lewy and Kounde instead.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yeah, that bit is still baffling. I can only assume it's to play him at centre back.. which is weird.
I mean there's still a possibility they can't get him out, so better give some preparation to your 3rd choice CB as well. It also controls the narrative of him being an integral part of the project nicely for them

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Pray for Pretzel.

Some people are losing their minds.

This has approached mass hysteria. Like that film about the trees killing people.

Infra-red

They can absolutely afford to pay him, the choose to blow it on Lewy and Kounde instead.
Yes, this is correct. That's why they are in this mess. They really should have resolved the situation with de Jong earlier in the season, before embarking on a summer spending spree. Barca are now in danger of the worst of all possible outcomes for them (and us, I suppose), which is that De Jong tells them to go to hell and stays at the club on his current terms, resulting in Barca being unable to register one or more of their shiny new toys.

NLunited

It‘s too late for Pretzel, but hang in there muppetz. We are playing de jong game.

90 + 5min

Interesting thread

You can understand all this but contract is contract. No matter with who president was. We were stuck paying enormous wages to some players who wasn’t even players if you look at their performences. Barcelona should have paid him money instead of buying players.

I personally still think we should just leave it. Maybe we have and it is media who keeps writing. He is not worth all that money and time and we should look at other players.

buchansleftleg

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this saga...one thing I am totally sick of hearing is all this toxic masculinity, describing various different parties as "****", "Cuckold" etc. It's not appropriate to the situation and is just straight out of the toxic Alt right vocabulary I'm sick of hearing. Can the admins please (in this thread at least) autocorrect any use of these words to "I have a micro-penis and am overcompensating through aggressive masculinity to hide my inadequacies" or something similar?

sherrinford

I'm fairly sure that the problem Barca have is that they cannot afford to pay off De Jong's €17m deferred wages, but they also cannot afford to pay his full salary for the next season. The only two options that are financially possible for Barca are therefore:

1. De Jong transfers to an interested club (United) but gives up a large portion of his €17m deferred salary.

The player is (understandably) balking at both of those options, hence the stand off.
Surely they could pay him his deferred wages over a set period of time, such as the length of time already agreed upon in his reworked contract, rather than as a lump sum. While selling him.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Whatever the rights and wrongs of this saga...one thing I am totally sick of hearing is all this toxic masculinity, describing various different parties as "****", "Cuckold" etc. It's not appropriate to the situation and is just straight out of the toxic Alt right vocabulary I'm sick of hearing. Can the admins please (in this thread at least) autocorrect any use of these words to "I have a micro-penis and am overcompensating through aggressive masculinity to hide my inadequacies" or something similar?
So you prefer body shaming to the use of the word cuckold? Text

Infra-red

Surely they could pay him his deferred wages over a set period of time, such as the length of time already agreed upon in his reworked contract, rather than as a lump sum. While selling him.
That's what I assume will end up being agreed some time in late August. Ultimately, Barca need him gone if he isn't willing to take a pay cut, but they cannot afford to let him leave with €17m in his pocket.

We need an rvn

1. De Jong transfers to an interested club (United) but gives up a large portion of his €17m deferred salary.

If you're de jong and you are owed money and then see them buying Raphinha for £55m and wages of £5.5m net, plus Lewandowski for £40odd m plus net salary of £10m - you have every right to think Barca have the money to pay up his £17m with all those levels they've pulled

Lynty

At the moment I'd say we can't even really trust what de Jong says as crazy as it sounds. He's going to be advised to say stuff in the public eye to maximise his chances of getting Barca to pay out. If he says he wants to leave, Barca will jump on that, hence why I believe he keeps saying he'd like to stay.

When the issues are sorted, if he says he'd like to stay then I'd say he's being honest and the sorts, but if he comes out and says he's disgusted with his treatment and wants to leave then fantastic
Agreed. I don't think he can make any indication of wanting to leave. If this goes to Court of Arbitration of Sport, he wants a solid case for constructive dismisal (I don't think it'll get to that - but the threat needs to be real). Barca are telling him that he needs to leave or take a pay cut - that's 100% constructive dismisal and De Jong needs to keep indicating his wish to stay until his continued employment is untenable.

Barca's only play is to hold out and hope De Jong forfeits his wages or we supplement. I imagine they're worried that if they pay up what he is morally owed, it opens the door for other players to contest thier own deferred wages. We don't actually know how many other players deferred their wages and how much money in total we're talking.

Disgrace of a club. Everyone would be far more understanding if they weren't still chasing world class talent in the market.

Infra-red

If you're de jong and you are owed money and then see them buying Raphinha for £55m and wages of £5.5m net, plus Lewandowski for £40odd m plus net salary of £10m - you have every right to think Barca have the money to pay up his £17m with all those levels they've pulled
Indeed. Barca's behaviour is ludicrous, but they have been pulling this trick for a few years now. Any player that doesn't simply go along with it, can expect to be vilified by the Barca mouthpieces in the press.

retired_muppet

Frenkie's agent should've asked Barcelona to pull another economic lever to pay for the owed wages.
A 1% share of Barcelona's broadcasting right for the next 25 years should cover the owed wages and help Frenkie's long into his retirements.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
This thread has nearly everything now, Godwin’s Law is surely just around the corner.

Rojofiam

It's basically a game of who blinks first between Barca and de Jong. The player has already had his salary reduced to €3m/season first, then €6m/season due to Covid because of his good will towards the club. Now Barca want to avoid paying him, so they are pushing him out. De Jong is open to leaving Barca but wants to see his money first, that's why he "wants to stay". He knows that Barca either pay him the money and he leaves the club, or he stays at the club and Barca will have to pay him then. But that way, Barca won't get a transfer fee for him and he will remain a big percentage on the wage bill. That's why it's likely IMO that Barca will cave in in the end, because they lose much more money if FDJ stays at the club.

Edit: Not to mention that Barca are apparently asking him to reduce his current, already reduced salary even further, if he really wants to stay. Whist trying to set a narrative in the media that they are desperate to keep him but Frenkie only cares about money. :lol: What a pathetic club. If Frenkie has any self-pride, then he's not staying with those rats.

OrcaFat

Remember when De Jong was asked about United during the international break and he laughed and said something like. "No no no I can't say".
I think he winked as well and said “sshh”.

Chief123

Which one was that? I remember Da Silvas as CMs
I can’t remember the match. I’ll try find it. We had a number of injuries at the time so Fergie decided to play rooney and Rio in central midfield to give a defensive and attacking midfielder balance. I remember it not working very well at all and Fergie changing it at half time. :lol:

Edit - Ah it was an FA cup game against wolves. The article says they did well but I don’t remember that!

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2006/0130/200825-manunited/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.