Television Friends

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What's not to like?

And Monica in those vintage Levis and with red lips in the first few seasons.. Damn, that's so cool.
They all have good fashion. Anyone cool now is just recreating the fashion from then!

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Can't remember if I've said it before in this thread, but Friends is the ultimate comfort show as far as I'm concerned. You can throw on basically any episode (except maybe the clipshow and "What if?" episodes) and immediately know exactly where you are in the context of the overall story based on how each character interacts with another. That's strong, dedicated writing. I can understand why it's not everyone's bag, and some of the jokes really haven't aged well, but if you're at home in the middle of the day and there's nothing else you fancy doing, turning over to Comedy Central for a couple of Friends episodes makes an hour feel like an instant. In my view, that's a real strength, especially for comedy shows.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Can't remember if I've said it before in this thread, but Friends is the ultimate comfort show as far as I'm concerned. You can throw on basically any episode (except maybe the clipshow and "What if?" episodes) and know exactly where you are in the overall story based on how each character interacts with another. That's strong, dedicated writing. I can understand why it's not everyone's bag, and some of the jokes really haven't aged well, but if you're at home in the middle of the day and there's nothing else you fancy doing, turning over to Comedy Central for a couple of Friends episodes makes an hour feel like an instant. In my view, that's a real strength of a TV show that ended fifteen years ago.
Is that really your view or did you pinch it from someone else? :)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I watch an episode on the way to work every morning. Always good to start the day with a laugh.

SirAF

Ageist
Can't remember if I've said it before in this thread, but Friends is the ultimate comfort show as far as I'm concerned. You can throw on basically any episode (except maybe the clipshow and "What if?" episodes) and immediately know exactly where you are in the context of the overall story based on how each character interacts with another. That's strong, dedicated writing. I can understand why it's not everyone's bag, and some of the jokes really haven't aged well, but if you're at home in the middle of the day and there's nothing else you fancy doing, turning over to Comedy Central for a couple of Friends episodes makes an hour feel like an instant. In my view, that's a real strength, especially for comedy shows.
Spot on!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The one where Ross and Rachel takes a break :lol:

Love this show.

Last edited:

Sanche7

Think season 5 was the worst, especially that finale with the hand twin thing, my God, what was that all about!
But I love the show, very consistently funny and some good story lines

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Just recently started on this again. Perfect thing to put on when I just want to switch off. Oh, and it’s been about twenty years since I saw my first episode, and Rachel is still GOAT.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I always liked the bits featuring Joey's acting career.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Chandler tricked Joey into using the stage name Joseph Stalin.
I must have been through the entire series a dozen times over the years and I don’t remember this episode.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The one with all the resolutions is freaking hilarious. Rachel discovers Monica and Chandler's relationship.

This show is great!

Sanche7

Don't know if a new thread exists, but the 25th anniversary of the show is coming up in a few days.
Just saw this on verge and found it pretty funny :

Google ‘Phoebe Buffay’ and she’ll sing Smelly Cat to celebrate 25 years of Friends

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/9/20/20875364/google-friends-25-year-anniversary-easter-eggs

There are easter eggs for all the other characters as well.
  • Phoebe Buffay - Smelly Cat song
  • Ross Geller - pivot joke
  • Joey Tribbiani - pizza takes over your screen
  • Chandler Bing – a chick and a duck appear
  • Rachel Green – you’ll find The Rachel haircut
  • Monica Geller - obsessive cleanliness will kick in

Sylar

Don't know if a new thread exists, but the 25th anniversary of the show is coming up in a few days.
Just saw this on verge and found it pretty funny :

Google ‘Phoebe Buffay’ and she’ll sing Smelly Cat to celebrate 25 years of Friends

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/9/20/20875364/google-friends-25-year-anniversary-easter-eggs

There are easter eggs for all the other characters as well.
  • Phoebe Buffay - Smelly Cat song
  • Ross Geller - pivot joke
  • Joey Tribbiani - pizza takes over your screen
  • Chandler Bing – a chick and a duck appear
  • Rachel Green – you’ll find The Rachel haircut
  • Monica Geller - obsessive cleanliness will kick in
Havent read it, but saw online if you google: "Friends Glossary" it will give some terms from the show.

Ross, Joey and Phoebe are the best ones

spaceboyRSA

I strongly believe there is a friend quote for just about any situation.

I must have watched each episode 10 to 20 times. My absolute favourite show of all time.

Oh and prime monica shits on prime rachel

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm guessing that they will be in character to an extent. One of those look back episodes with about 15 minutes of new scenes of them as middle aged folk awkwardly cramming in updates on what's happened to their character over the last 15 years and getting in jokes about Monica's OCD, Joey being a manwhore, Phoebe being a kook, Chandler awkwardly making jokes, Rachel and Ross being Rachel and Ross and Gunther still looking 60.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm guessing that they will be in character to an extent. One of those look back episodes with about 15 minutes of new scenes of them as middle aged folk awkwardly cramming in updates on what's happened to their character over the last 15 years and getting in jokes about Monica's OCD, Joey being a manwhore, Phoebe being a kook, Chandler awkwardly making jokes, Rachel and Ross being Rachel and Ross and Gunther still looking 60.
Sounds brilliant!

Adamsk7

I know it’s probably quite low brow but I genuinely think it’s the greatest TV show of all time. As others have said, you can put on any episode and it’s instant comfort food. I’m going through quite a hard time at the moment with some mental health stuff and watching just a single episode of Friends makes me forget all that. Surely that’s what the best entertainment does?

I should add that I am also watching the remastered HD Baywatch on Prime so my bar may not be that high! Haha.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I know it’s probably quite low brow but I genuinely think it’s the greatest TV show of all time. As others have said, you can put on any episode and it’s instant comfort food. I’m going through quite a hard time at the moment with some mental health stuff and watching just a single episode of Friends makes me forget all that. Surely that’s what the best entertainment does?

I should add that I am also watching the remastered HD Baywatch on Prime so my bar may not be that high! Haha.
It’s easy watch perfection.

DVG7

They are probably just testing whether or not people care about their "current" life, so the Q and A theme whilst in character is effectively market research. Positive response = new series of friends. They'd all be nuts to turn it down, they'd instantly become the biggest tv stars in the world again and make an insane amount of money.