Gaa 2013

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
The Cork v Kerry game in Tralee this week should be a belter. A lot riding on it for both teams with Kerry looking to avoid relegation and Cork hoping to make the semi's. I can see Cork actually handing Kerry a whole arsewhipping which could be fun to watch. I'm still bitter over how they hammered us last year in the championship. :mad:

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I wasn't to impressed with what I saw in Pearse Stadium yesterday at all and between myself and yourselves lads and I know it's only the league and all but I'd be telling a lie if I said I wasn't a little bit worried for the year ahead. From what I've seen Galway are way behind Tipperary, Clare and Kilkenny at the moment. Cunningham & Co better start getting their acts together I'm afraid or else it'll be the same old same old with Galway, good one year, shite for the next couple of years.

Irwinwastheking

Club Football starting in Sligo this weekend. More excuses to stand out in the cold and rain giving out about everything.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Heard Clare are looking shit hot this year from a few differnt people now...I take it their winning minor teams are finally making the step up...? the old man will be happy...
U21's Deco!

They've 2 recent enough U21's under their belts now (09' and 12') I was at the final last year where they beat a strong Kilkenny side by 6 pts and did so by playing real classy hurling too as a result of that and Davy Fitz in charge now I backed them win Munster this year. They've beaten Galway and Cork in the league already so they are looking good alright. They're playing Kilkenny this weekend in Ennis but even if they win that it would be impossible to take anything from it or read into it to much as Kilkenny as well as trying out a load of players are also riddled with injuries.

Irwinwastheking

Hard to believe that non of the football tomorrow is televised. Donegal vs Mayo in a repeat of last years all-ireland would surely be on if they weren't both western counties.

Kildare Vs Tyrone should be a dinger of a game too.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I'm going to a football match tomorrow myself. Galway are playing Wexford at 12:45pm before the hurlers take on Cork at 2:30pm in Pearse Stadium. I'll have to get up a bit earlier to get an aul' flask of tae and a few ham sammiches ready for myself I think as it'll be a long day.

Irwinwastheking

Nice to get a big win over Kildare. I'll have a look later to see if I can find highlights but I doubt there will be much. They gave us a hammering in the League final last year so a good win for Tyrone. Kerry have to get a win next week in Omagh to stay in Div 1 so that should keep a nice intensity in the game. Another team I'd love to beat because of last year.

I just realised that I have more bloody grudges with counties because of beating they have given Tyrone. Starting to get bitter in my old age/

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Just after hearing the news that the lad I've went to nearly every Galway match and loads other GAA matches too for the last 10 years or so has passed away earlier on today. We had made plans last Monday to drive down to Waterford on Sunday for the match. We were even going to start playing Junior C hurling for Gort this year, it would have been the first time we would have played hurling since we were teenagers. We had bought our hurl's, helmets and all the gear 2 weeks ago for the first training session in a few weeks time and were really looking forward to it. The news is after knocking sparks out of me.

Irwinwastheking

Ahh Jesus TBP. That's bloody terrible news man. He must have been a young enough lad! Was it an accident?

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Ahh Jesus TBP. That's bloody terrible news man. He must have been a young enough lad! Was it an accident?
He got a bursting headache Tuesday morning, and the ambulance was called. He was as good as gone by the time the ambulance reached the hospital and they had to put him on life support straight away and that was turned off earlier on today. That's all I know for now until I go up to his house in an hour or two. He was 34, same age as myself. He's little girl who's just 7 is in the same class as my little one. Terrible altogether.

Irwinwastheking

feck me. Scary stuff dude!

Really really sorry for your loss!! Its worse knowing he had a young kid, especially knowing how that age group idolise their Dads. Don't know what to say man...

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Sorry for your loss TBP. Terrible to hear.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Big win for Tipperary today. Men against boys really.

Draw for the league semi-finals now looks like this:

Tipperary v Dublin/Limerick
Kilkenny v Galway

Relegation play-off is Cork v Clare.

Irwinwastheking

Come on Tyrone!! feck me I may even drive to Omagh for this one even though it's a pretty meaningless game for Tyrone. I'd love to be there if we manage to beat them to relegate them. fecking rub their stuck up noses in it.

BD

Just flicked on. 8-1 in Omagh? Whats going on?

Irwinwastheking

fecking disgrace. Kerry are cynical as feck and Duffy's a wanker for letting them foul every time Tyrone come out with the ball but we've been total dogshite. Terrible at the back and just as bad in-front of goal. Tyrone don't look like they give a shit. I wish someone would fecking hammer that Donaghey prick. Star my hole!!

BD

Trying to follow the games on Paddy Power is...well its different. Seeing the odds shorten/lengthen before the score comes through is actually quite funny, but if the game mattered, I'd imagine it could cause a heart attack or two.

However, it is a joke how shit the RTE live scores thing is.

Irwinwastheking

What a fecking joke. I hope to feck Kerry get relegated anyway! Diving cheating pricks and then to have that wanker Duffy on their side too.

Disgrace!

BD

And Kerry stay up thanks to two late Dublin points.

Irwinwastheking

Trying to follow the games on Paddy Power is...well its different. Seeing the odds shorten/lengthen before the score comes through is actually quite funny, but if the game mattered, I'd imagine it could cause a heart attack or two.

However, it is a joke how shit the RTE live scores thing is.
Twitter FTW

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Big win for Tipperary today. Men against boys really.

Draw for the league semi-finals now looks like this:

Tipperary v Dublin/Limerick
Kilkenny v Galway

Relegation play-off is Cork v Clare.
Well Dublin got the better of Limerick anyways. So it's going to be double header on the 21st of April in Thurlas.

Tipperary v Dublin - 2pm

Kilkenny v Galway - 3:45pm

I can't see Dublin beating Tipperary and the Kilkenny v Galway match is impossible to call, Galway when they really needed to hit form against Waterford the last day. I'd love to see a Galway v Tipperary final.

BD

Nice double header to look forward to on Sunday now. €20 a ticket also, which is very good.

Tyrone v Kildare
Dublin v Mayo

Dublin - Tyrone final I reckon.

Irwinwastheking

I'm half thinking of going up. Stand on the hill for €15 and shout for Tyrone. Then get on the Dublin BW just to annoy all my Mayo mates.

BD

I'm half thinking of going up. Stand on the hill for €15 and shout for Tyrone. Then get on the Dublin BW just to annoy all my Mayo mates.
See you there(probably not). I'll be up for kildare though...

Irwinwastheking

Ahh, no bother spotting you then. Just in case I don't see you will you shout 'come on you boys in blue' over and over in a really loud voice? That way you're bound to stand out!

BD

Yeah no bother. I'll also call you and anyone else not in a Dublin jersey a bogger and tell you to go back to your farm.